[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

cw multiverse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: latest-23.png (3MB, 1267x1920px) Image search: [Google]
latest-23.png
3MB, 1267x1920px
I don't get it. How can the cw verse be the prime earth if the dceu exists? Also, why hasn't the dceu been alluded to in the flash?
>>
Why are you assuming they're in the same multiverse?

Why are you assuming multiverses have a hierarchy between universes automatically? We have not seen their cosmological makeup yet.
>>
>>85898203
Geoff Johns said that they are in the same multiverse
>>
>>85898252
No he didn't.
>>
>>85898150
There are "Local multiverse sets" which are all tightly connected to each other -- like the 52 universes of the main DC multiverse. But there are other such multiversal sets with their own Earths on them. Travel between sets is much, much more difficult.

Allegedly pre-Flashpoint Earth 50 was a member of two different multiverses simultaneously, belonging to both sets.

Think of them like islands. The 52 is its own island. Multiverse 2 (demolished) is a separate island.

(Don't even try to think about the New Gods Prime Celestials... they are both multiversal singularities and high-level emanative archetypes of which the 52's New Gods are a subset. It's best to ignore them.)
>>
The Smallville TV continuity has a multiverse too, but it's not a member of the 52.
No one knows what their multiverse is called or how many worlds are in it.
>>
>>85898337
>Travel between sets is much, much more difficult.
How is it more difficult? If you can't explain the differences between traveling then they may as well all be the same.
>>
>>85898150
Idiots like you are the reason why embargoes exist.
>>
>>85898252
Do you have a link? The general "live action multiverse" talk doesn't mean they share an orrery with each other.

And still why are you assuming there's a hierarchy? The numbering is just relative not suggesting anything is more important than the other. Also just because an Earth doesn't mention others doesn't mean anything. Most worlds don't have crossovers.
>>
>>85898418
>How is it more difficult?
Because.
>>
>>85898444
>Because
I asked how not why dumb ass.
>>
>>85898432
>The general "live action multiverse" talk doesn't mean they share an orrery with each other.
I think the term "Orrery of Worlds" was the formal name for the 52. A different multiverse wouldn't be called the Orrery.
(Might be wrong though.)

Quick, make up a name for Smallville's multiverse!
>>
>>85898478
The "implied by precedent" is the unfortunate answer.
>>
>>85898487
To me the orrey just seemed to be the container they were holding them in. Maybe I need to read Superman Beyond again though.
>>
>>85898487
>Quick, make up a name for Smallville's multiverse!
The Spiral. We've seen a picture of it and the thread that links the worlds together is spiral-shaped.
>>
>>85898418
The ones "close" together in the "same" multiverse occupy the same space but vibrate at different frequencies. You can get to them by changing your vibrational pattern. Quick and easy.

The other ones in different multiverses require a different method of travel, boom tube would probably work tbqh.
>>
>>85898553
...thank you, that was beautifully said.
>>
Every universe sees itself as the Prime Earth.
>>
File: mega_meta2.png (125KB, 345x334px) Image search: [Google]
mega_meta2.png
125KB, 345x334px
>>85898618
Prime Earth and Earth Prime are different things.

(We need new terminology.)
>>
>>85898672
I'm aware they're different.
I'm just saying it's like that one episode of Futurama, where Earth 1 and Earth A argued over who got to be Earth 1.
>>
>>85898317
>>85898432
http://movieweb.com/dc-movies-tv-shows-comics-multiverse/
>>85898424
I asked because zoom claimed that Barry's earth is earth prime. Yet Griff johns Said that the dceu and cw verse inhabit the same multiverse.
Embargoes only exist for people who think that one version of a character in one show/movie is the same in another (i.e. in the 2000s The Batman and JLU. They were under the impression people will get the dcau batman in JLU mixed up with the one from The Batman, so they banned batman characters except for him from the later JLU episodes)
>>
>>85898916
That's not really an explicit statement. He knew that explaining all the stuff that this thread is saying would confuse you. Hell no one has even used the terms bleed or hypertime yet.
>>
>>85898916
>Arrow and Flash are the same universe, and we get a lot of great story out of that - especially when we have episodes that cross them over, but that's also where our superhero universe lives. We look at it as the multiverse. We have our TV universe and our film universe, but they all co-exist. For us, creatively, it's about allowing everyone to make the best possible product, to tell the best story, to do the If you actually read the article he's talking about the way each of the products (tv, film, etc.) are different yet are all part of DC. It's a conceptual multiverse, where DC has various different products and interpretations of similar characters going on at the same time but they're all really the same character at heart and they're all part of DC. The guy who wrote the article is misreading it as him saying it's all in the same sort of physical multiverse.
>>
>>85899182
>>Arrow and Flash are the same universe, and we get a lot of great story out of that - especially when we have episodes that cross them over, but that's also where our superhero universe lives. We look at it as the multiverse. We have our TV universe and our film universe, but they all co-exist. For us, creatively, it's about allowing everyone to make the best possible product, to tell the best story, to do the

Fixed the editing.

If you actually read the article he's talking about the way each of the products (tv, film, etc.) are different yet are all part of DC. It's a conceptual multiverse, where DC has various different products and interpretations of similar characters going on at the same time but they're all really the same character at heart and they're all part of DC. The guy who wrote the article is misreading it as him saying it's all in the same sort of physical multiverse.
>>
File: v3McUuH.png (293KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
v3McUuH.png
293KB, 633x758px
>>85898981
You're right
>>85899182
>>85899204
> I'll never get my live action crisis on infinite earths with every dc movie or show involved
> I'll never see Grant Gustin race Ezra miller
Thanks a lot internet journalism, you ruined my life yet again
>>
>>85899421
>> I'll never get my live action crisis on infinite earths with every dc movie or show involved
>> I'll never see Grant Gustin race Ezra miller
>Thanks a lot internet journalism, you ruined my life yet again
Actually, you don't understand.

What Geoff is saying is that they're basically allowing different interpretations of the same character where as before they'd limit it who appears where with an embargo. It's why next year we'll have three adaptations of Superman and Flash - one DC Films, one CWverse, one Justice League Action cartoon. Three different interpretations, all the same character. Before they'd shut down Gustin's Flash since Miller's Flash was going to be in the movie.

I'm not going to say they're going to do it, but if they really wanted a fun goofy multi-platform crossover then this would actually make that become a reality much easier than having an embargo in place.
>>
>>85898553
Thats not true, you have no evidence to back that up
>>
>>85898916
>movieweb

dude most people who write for that don't even speak English
>>
>>85899806
Hmmmm....I see now anon. You actually summed it up pretty good. I at least wanna see a multiversal flash race
>>
>>85898150
Maybe zoom tjust think cw earth is prime and is not really the prime one but just another earth
How did he even figure out which earths are primes? It's been a while.
>>
>>85898487
Smallverse. I like to think that it contains the adventure of Superman, Adam West Batman, flash, Wonder Woman, and other old movies.
>>
>>85898150
Because the DCEU is Earth-3.
>>
Because shut up.

It was a bad idea to limit all this shit by putting it in a framework in the first place.
>>
>>85898981
>Thawne's in a cage at the start of S3
What are the chances that, when explaining how bad Barry fucked up, he mentions shit like the bleed or hypertime or such? Even if they're not overly related.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.