[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MUH NO KILL RULE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

File: SSANN03_18b.jpg (258KB, 900x1420px) Image search: [Google]
SSANN03_18b.jpg
258KB, 900x1420px
Defend This.
>>
>>85891717
The Surfer has seen death on a scale that defies human comprehension. While he was with Galactus, completion of his duty meant death tolls that would make the Holocaust look like a playground fight.
That's the kind of thing that can change someone's outlook. As long as he's alive, there's the chance that SOMEONE will be able to free him. It's a flaw with the Surfer, but an understandable one. Remember, if he wasn't a pacifist like this, he'd still be the most powerful hero in the Marvel Universe.
>>
>>85891717
There is nothing to defend. This is a flaw of SS.
>>
>>85892762
Straight shota?
>>
>>85891806
This guy gets it.

Silver Surfer is not a typical Marvel-style character.

He's an operatic mythical Jack Kirby space deity that has tragic moral struggles on a cosmic scale.

'Muh one rule' is entirely appropriate in this context. More than that, it's central to the entire dramatic conceitand therefore more appropriate for surfer than for any other Marvel character.
>>
>>85891717
What's this from?
>>
>>85894591
>>85891806
It's also important that this is a choice he made for himself. He exists outside culture. He exists outside an and all power structures. There is no super-ego at play here, not pressure, no influence. Just a free rational being with massive cosmic power to go anywhere and do anything. Anything and everything he does is his choice and his alone. Pure existential terror.

He's peered into the abyss, and seen it staring back.

In the face of that he attempts makes a single arbitrary choice of his own free will and his own power and holds to it and the struggle of that choice makes him great.

He's like fucking Sisyphus. Or Hamlet.

This shit right here is why we need to bring back the Kirby and Ditko types.
>>
>>85894896
You write like a faggot
>>
>>85894981

What a coincidence! You write like an asshole.
>>
>>85895039
>>85894896
Nah, he's right. You sound like a fucking loser who just took a writing class or something.
>>
>>85894981
Sounds like the Nietzsche, Camus, Freud and Shakespeare references went right over your head.
>>
>>85894896
>>85895039
You really do kind of come off looking like a sperg.
>>
>>85895110
Go back to r/eddit already
>>
>>85895105
I'm not making my prose anything more than functional.

Terms, paraphrases and allusions that sound more ornate are simply the references that anyone with a marginal level of education would recognize.

I didn't even go all out. I could have substituted 'power-structure' for 'social apparatus' if I wanted to explicitly make a connection to Marxism.
>>
>>85894479
Silver Surfer is not a shota.
>>
>>85895110
>>85895222
Jesus christ on the cross, you're an even bigger fucking faggot than we realized.
>>
>>85895262
Now he is.
>>
>>85895134
>>85895147
You're responding to two different people.

That said

>'You sound like a faggot and a sperg.'

Is pretty weak. I'm sorry your bait thread was immediately killed by people with English and Philosophy degrees. Better luck next time?
>>
Killing someone when they are giving you permission or asking you too is not morally wrong in my opinion. It could be viewed as compassionate even.
>>
>>85895222
>>85895333
We read Hamlet and Macbeth in like 11th grade. We learned about the id, the ego and the super ego in 12th.
You really think that makes you an intellectual? Lmao.
>>
>>85894896
>He's peered into the abyss, and seen it staring back.

One of the most physically painful sentences I ever read
>>
>>85895317
Where is Galacta?
>>
>>85895383
That funny -- they aren't my words. It's a paraphrase of Nietzsche -- or at least a common translation of Nietzsche.

>>85895369
I doubt you've read Camus or Lacan or Sarte or Marx.

In any case, the point wasn't to bludgeon people with name dropping -- which is exactly why I didn't drop any names in my original post. I referenced the relevant material, assumed anyone who knew the stuff would connect the dots and this would lead to some kind of legit discussion.

Instead I got:

>hurr u sound like a faggot and a sperg why you have to write like ur smart. ur not smart I read stuff too hurr
>>
>>85895527
You do sound like a faggot. Stop posting
>>
>>85895527

Yes, its painful every time I see someone quote it
>>
>>85895592
>>85895612
You should stop same-fagging. Your posts are exactly 50 seconds apart.

There's no way that you come out of this without looking bad.

>Yes, its painful every time I see someone quote it

This is coming from a guy who leaves apostrophes out of it's contractions
A guy who writes shit like:

>One of the most physically painful

As opposed to spiritually painful? Just throwing adverbs everywhere are we?

>sentences I ever

*have* ever read. Passive voice, mother fucker. Use it.

>read

Ah. I see. The whole thing is a fucking fragment. It's not even a sentence.
See, here's how it played out.

You thought you were starting a bait thread that would start a little flame war for you to giggle at. Instead, some people posted real answers and analysis and invited a real discussion.

That made you an angry and petulant, so you called them all faggots, ignored what they wrote (existentialism seems to go over your head) and started whining about writing style while carrying on the sort of discourse I expect from inbred trailer park teen with FAS

Now here we are -- you and me. The only two people left. Everyone else gone from your dead thread and you're going to sit here and act like an obnoxious little shit until you get the last word, after having gone out of your way to actually kille whatever legitimate discussion might have occurred.

Go ahead. It's only you now.
>>
>>85895527
>Nietzsche
>Camus or Lacan or Sarte or Marx.

THERE'S YOUR PROBLEM

You were influenced by a bunch of pretentious retards. Go read Aquinas. He wrecks all of your idiots before they were even born. And he's not a jerk about it. If you don't comply then you'll be stuck sounding like a Redditor for the rest of your days. Choose life, son.
>>
>>85896128
We're different people, and your post was more directed to the other guy. So I don't care enough to finish reading your post.
>>
>>85891806

If he wants to be a dick and deny this guy his euthanasia that's fine, but at a bare minimum he owes it to him to do everything in his power to find a way to free him from there. Like 100% of the surfer's spare time should be going towards researching new ways of helping this guy without killing him, inb4 there is no way, that just means he needs to keep researching or give him his death.
>>
>>85896480
>50 seconds apart
>it takes one minute before you can post again

There wasn't any doubt. He's just some pseudo-intellectual who took a class or two and thinks he's all that. It's pretty funny.
>>
>>85891717
Can I get some more context on this? Does it ever show how he got to this point or in what way he is suffering?
>>
>>85895527
Camus was required reading at my shit American public school
>>
>scan thread
>one mention of Kirby and Ditko

and then...
>faggotry everywhere
>samefaggotry everywhere
>MUH PSEUDO INTELLECTUALS
NOPE

Abandon ship. Abandon all hope.
>>
>>85891717
Give us a source already goddammit
>>
File: image.jpg (1003KB, 1280x1980px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1003KB, 1280x1980px
>>85896957
Never abandon hope. There's always another way.
>>
File: iWKad22[1].jpg (90KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
iWKad22[1].jpg
90KB, 1440x1080px
>>85896332
>You were influenced by a bunch of pretentious retards. Go read Aquinas.

Christfags.
Ugh.
>>
>>85896957
Are you angry at the psuedo intellectuals or at the people dropping the buzzword 'Pseudo-intellectual'?
>>
>>85894896

Kirby yes but Ditko was a loon with Stan to real him in
>>
>>85897107
The second one. As a buzzword, it's a thought-terminating cliche. It basically says: "I'm not going to refute anything specific but I'm still going to claim you don't know what you're talking about."
>>
Does body horror count as guro?
>>
>>85897150
>>85894896
Ditko was a crazy objectivst sonuvabitch, but at the very least he was dealing with big issues through symbol and allegory, and was going so in a pretty sophisticated way.

In all honesty, I'll take the delusional, drug addled, artist-mystic over the hack any day of the week.
>>
>>85895341
>Killing someone when they are giving you permission

It's not about permission it's something I wouldn't be comfortable doing if I absolutely didn't have too.
>>
>>85897026
KC Supes is best Superman????
>>
>>85891717
People who write superhero comics are often mentally retarded.

>>85891806
>The Surfer has seen death on a scale that defies human comprehension. While he was with Galactus, completion of his duty meant death tolls that would make the Holocaust look like a playground fight.

That should make him MORE willing to engage in mercy-killing, not less.
>>
>>85895110
Go away, retard.
>>
>>85897475
>That should make him MORE willing to engage in mercy-killing, not less.
Nobody that galactus killed ever suffered. They were vapourized pretty quickly.

He's indifferent to death -- he's not sadistic.
>>
>>85897475
>That should make him MORE willing to engage in mercy-killing, not less.

No it shouldn't. It instilled in him a greater appreciation for preventing death when he can, it doesn't desensitize him
>>
This is like something Franken Fran would do. That's an erotic body-horror manga, for those that don't know. It's telling that in her comic she is presented as a deranged monster that is extremely dangerous to even interact with, and definitely not a fucking superhero. People who write cape comics are evidently more fucked up in the head than people who jerk off to the mutilated bodies of schoolgirls.
>>
>>85897541
>He's indifferent to death -- he's not sadistic.

Clearly he is very sadistic, as we can see in the OP.

>>85897546
Retarded. You are a retard for reading this garbage.

I want to see the Silver Surfer lock up women in breeding factories where they are forced to be pregnant 24/7 because "muh respekt for life". That's the logical conclusion of his deranged mindset.
>>
>>85897625
Respect for life isn't the same as actively promoting it.

He doesn't really do the latter.

SS tends toward simple non-interventionism in most situations.
>>
>>85891717

What's there to defend. The man is left to suffer, but Surfer owes him nothing. Surfer will possibly suffer for the remainder of his life if he kills the man.

So basically the man is trying to pass off his suffering onto the surfer, but need the Surfer to do it. Surfer says no, which he is well within his rights to do.
>>
>>85897625
I want to see the Silver Surfer lock up women in breeding factories where they are forced to be pregnant 24/7

You have some issues anon.
>>
>>85897955

> the man is trying to pass off his suffering onto the surfer

No, that's a retarded equivalence to draw. The man's suffering is being forced to live in Hell forever as some giant undying tumor monster while the surfer's "suffering" would be maybe feeling bad about administering euthanasia one time in the past to someone who really wanted it and objectively had a reasonable use for it.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.