[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You loved the new CBR, so get ready for the new Newsarama! How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4

File: Rama_NewLogo.jpg (151KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Rama_NewLogo.jpg
151KB, 1600x800px
You loved the new CBR, so get ready for the new Newsarama! How bad will it be /co/? Will it just thousands of listicles about Captain America's coolest boots?
>>
>>85878396
Jesus Christ

I'm pretty sure Newsarama already had a its transformation from a "semi-professional late 90s fan-site/forums" to "TOP 5 EVENTS WHERE A BLACK GUY DIED IN ISSUE 5"
>>
>>85878396
Another one.
I guess there trying to drive all the people that left cbr to them with a redesign done right but its risky.
>>
http://www.newsarama.com/30832-newsarama-won-t-be-updating-until-tuesday-am.html

>Newsarama will not be updating until Tuesday morning, August 30th, but please come back then for a little newness...

>And keep an eye on our Twitter and Facebook pages if anything big happens between now and then...

Please dont ruin newsarama they are my prefered source for solicits.
>>
>>85880196
Newsarama started its fall somewhere in 2008 or 2009.
>>
>>85880352
Then again this is to sudden to have been prompted by that.
Unless they knew cbr would be changing in advance and were ready to put out something to compete (turns out they dident need to)
>>
CBR got even worse than what it was five years ago? How?
>>
>>85878396
ComicBook.com has already changed.
>>
So what are the various comic book sites and in what ways are they shit.
>>
>>85880418
>CBR
SJW forum users, "journalists" are shills.
>Comic Vine
Site is weird to use, autistic VS threads
>Comics Alliance
Is Comics Alliance
>Newsarama
Good for solicits and covers
Know fuck nothing about others.
>>
>>85878396
HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED
>>
>>85880472
I browse ComicVine only for the news, not their cancerous forums.

You forgot:
>ComicBook.com
Much fucking less on actual news about comic books (exclusive previews, interviews, etc.)
>>
>>85880472
I just went to comicsalliance layout was horrible but the headlines seemed promising they certaintly seemed to care about getting children back into comics which is nice.
Then i read some articles.
>>
>>85880535
Yeah, you're right about ComicBook.com. I went there couple of times and it looked more like it's ComicBookMovie.com.
Is Outhousers comics site? They suck too, no matter what sort of site they are.
>>85880552
Maybe they'd be better if there was zero of Sims' influence but who knows now.
>>
>>85880595
>Is Outhousers comics site?
Still yes but the majority of its articles are satire or scrutiny.
>>
>>85880535
Half there stuffs not comic book related unless you stretch it to an absurd degree.
>>
>>85880623
Fuck them, just in case.
>>
>>85880391
It redesigned its site to work well on phones (read: normies) and changed its URL from comicbookresources to CBR, dropping the "comic book" which indicates a shift in focus away from covering traditional comic books.

They want the MCU audience.
>>
>>85880644
A few months ago CBR, owned by a long time by Jonah Weiland, was acquired by Valnet (owned by mudslimes). ComicsBeat and friends freaked out.
>>
Bleedingcool seems decent
>>
Which one was the site that auto banned people for using gender specific pronouns like "guys" and "dudes"
>>
>>85880644
Funnily enough its shit on phones as well.
>>
>>85880644
They buttfucked links. Couldn't find Comics are Good articles if you paid me. Wouldn't be surprised if they were purged completely.
>>85880670
>tfw they start shilling Ms. Marvel in every of their lists
>>85880672
Rich pls.
>>
>>85880690
CSBG, Spinoff, and Robot 6 are being integrated into the main site; no purge may occur.
>>
>>85880690
>Wouldn't be surprised if they were purged completely
Damit you would think people would be more careful about archiving there old shit after wizards of the coast fucked up so badly.
>>
>>85880717
That's something, I guess.
>>85880719
>tfw I get into Magic
>I remember some articles that explain colors, guilds and shit
>all links are dead and require some weird searching through archive
That time when Wayback Machine is more useful.
>>
When will 4chan go back to last years april fools layout.
>>
>>85880817
"Every Wesley in this thread will be thanked" thread was really comfy.
>>
Im scared /co/ what if theres no longer a good site for solicits after this
>>
I use Newsarama and quite like the new logo. Why should I hate them, /co/? I've always thought they leaned away from all that top 6 negros who can dance AND superhero etc. My newsfeed is usually top kwality material.
>>
>>85880372
>Please dont ruin newsarama they are my prefered source for solicits.

THIS

CBR was my backup so I don't know what the fuck I'll do if they fuck up Newsarama too
>>
>comic book sites
>>
>>85878396
Half-Life 3 is out?
>>
>>85880535
>I browse ComicVine only for the news, not their cancerous forums.
Their forums are a billion times better then CBRs tumblr forums where any positive comment about a woman's sex appeal will get you banned and political threads are NOTHING but Liberal propaganda.
>>
>>85882099
>>I browse ComicVine only for the news, not their cancerous forums.
They have the worst fucking reviews I swear to fuck.ety fuck fuck.
>>
>>85882093
According to Freeman,
>.............................
>>
>>85882099
I just use comicvine for there database of issues and who was in those issues.

Its insanly useful.
>>
Guess im not going to bed anytime soon need to stay up to expirence the change and the reactions at the same time as everybody else.
>>
>>85882153
I'm not sure why anyone would choose to use comicvine for any reason other than this
>>
>>85882153
They could tone down with reprints in foreign languages for character appearances. Like anyone cares who appeares in World War Hulk: Italian Edition.
>>
>>85882219
They need to figure out a way to filter that out instead of doubling it up like that, English trades too. Like it should only show up on the issue's page what it has been collected into.
>>
>>85882099
What do you think about ComicVine's forums anyway?
>>
>>85882219
Yeah its a little annoying.

Especialy when looking up writers who get a lot of work translated..
It would be nice to be able to filter out trades as well.

Still i would rather have them there and unfilitarble then not there at all
>>
>>85880690
>Couldn't find Comics are Good articles if you paid me.

when they first fucked it up you had to go to the author's page to find the past articles, but i dunno if that still works or if they fucked that up too
>>
How many bongs until Newsarama?
>>
>>85882398
Not him but the only way I found some links was to click back from their main article pages. The search doesn't seem to work yet. I don't know how to do it for stuff like 10 years old though, what was I looking for was only from last month.
>>
>>85880472
>CBR
>SJW forum users

There seems to be a push back lately, on the forums. Users getting tired of that shit.
>>
>>85880682
Scans_Daily
>>
>>85882153
I do my part in updating missing info, or at least try to but I have to make like a million edits before I'm allowed to do them without approval from some dumb autist.
>>
>>85883119
It is a bit silly i understand needing some sort of oversight but the amount needed to be able to bypass that is absurd.
>>
>>85883285
At least they don't force you to log in to see "mature" covers.
>>
>>85880472
But isnt ca full of good interviews, obscure artists and annotations?

and does new cbr have comics shud be gud still?
>>
>>85882950
This flabbergasts me. I understand that putting a site out into the world is opening yourself to so many more problems than you expect, but they couldn't wait for one of the site's major functions to be working properly?
>>
>>85883318
It's really good for analysis and interviews, but they often seem to like diversity for diversity's sake. For example, a recent issue of Squirrel Girl revealed a major character was trans in a very subtle way and the creator said they wanted to do it in a subtle way that wasn't a very special episode. CA got mad because this character wasn't being put on a pedestal as a very special flower like in Angela, instead *gasp* being treated like a human with wants and feelings beyond their gender identity.
>>
>>85883045
Well, it IS little tiring when you say you don't like some character and couple of louder users jump on you and brand you racist honophobe.
>>
>>85883401
Link? That sounds like a Ajnelle Asselin article.

Really ca CA is one of the few sites that treats comics like an artform and doesnt just recycle press releases and rumors.

Like look at this bit

http://comicsalliance.com/five-stars-larry-hama-interview/

They take an artists breakdown five of there best works, do an interview and tie that all into there progression AND its an ongoing feature.

Thats some good shit.

In fact our modern Hypercrisis threads share an ancestry with CA's stuff.
>>
>>85883627
>CA is one of the few sites that treats comics like an artform
UNless they're DC, of course.
>>
File: kb_binder.png (349KB, 630x529px) Image search: [Google]
kb_binder.png
349KB, 630x529px
>>85883627
http://comicsalliance.com/give-em-elle-koi-boi-trans-representation-squirrel-girl/

Elle Collins

>So there you have it. As subtly revealed in Squirrel Girl #9, and confirmed by the series artist, Koi Boi is trans.

>The readership of The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl has always included a lot of trans and queer fans, as well as allies, so reaction thus far has already been largely positive. I had previously speculated that Koi Boi might well be trans, just because in my experience the “boi” spelling is a lot more common among queer and gender-nonconforming folks than among cisgender men. (Big Boi from Outkast notwithstanding.)

>But I can’t say I’m satisfied. It’s nice to be able to reveal that your character is trans on Twitter, but eventually you’re going to need to do it in the comic.

>Don’t misunderstand, I have nothing bad to say about Erica Henderson or Ryan North. They’re both creators I like a lot, and they seem to be consciously moving in a very positive direction here, and on Squirrel Girl in general. But I want to be clear, especially within the context of Marvel Comics, that more movement in that direction is needed, and I hope it comes soon.
>>
>>85883700
Or has Cyclops.
>>
>>85883719
And as long as they're tumblr shit.
>>
>>85883700
But they fellate Grant Morrison more than his wife does.

They did a 20 part special just on Batman movies.

There top contributor unironically calls himself a Batmanologist. and went on The daily show to talk about batman.

They had The Brave and the Bold guys on and basically licked there assholes. (deservedly so) .

They named an entire narrative artform after Geoff Johns.

The CA HATES DC meme only came up after the New 52 when /co/, and many other hardcore nerd sites were saying the same shit, and that because the new 52 was pretty mediocre at the start.
>>
>>85883708
You made that sound a lot worse than it was.
>>
>>85883780
>they fellate Grant Morrison more than his wife does.
Because G-Morr is OK with LGBT and such.
>They did a 20 part special just on Batman movies.
To hate on them, I guess?
>There top contributor unironically calls himself a Batmanologist. and went on The daily show to talk about batman.
An egomaniac neckbeard, so what?
>The Brave and the Bold
Silver Age nostalgia is a hell of a drug.
>They named an entire narrative artform after Geoff Johns.
Just like we do here. So what?
>the new 52 was pretty mediocre at the start.
See? You're one of them.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.