[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who watches this show? Not hating on it, being serious. >Normies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 9

Who watches this show? Not hating on it, being serious.

>Normies don't care about it
>comic fans detest it
>MCU fans hate it because it doesn't connect to the other movies or shows, almost to the point of not feeling like canon, pissing off even the cast
>Reddit hates it for not being the movies
>T.mblr is indifferent to it
>Joss Whedon legitimately considers it a mistake
>even Marvel doesn't care about it and just canceled the Inhumans movie it spent literally 2.5 seasons straight setting up
>>
>>85862288
I do. And I unironically think it's the best capeshow not on Netflix. Flash being second best.

>Inb4 AoS sucks!
>Inb4 liking AoS = shit taste
>>
File: Ghost Rider Reyes.jpg (252KB, 688x1044px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost Rider Reyes.jpg
252KB, 688x1044px
>>85862288
I keep tabs on it just to see what characters pop up. Though Im pissed theyre wasting Ghost Rider material on this show
>>
>>85862288
>>85862323

I do. it's a pretty decent show, aside from being completely unaffiliated wih the movies at this point.
>>
>>85862288
I'm a comic fan and I love it. And I mean an actual comic fan, not these /tv/ rejects calling themselves /co/mrades. Hell, I was more excited for season 3's season finale than I was for Civil War.
>>
>>85862288
I watch it. I unironically think it's criminally underrated and only MCU thing that hasn't burned out by the second half two seasons in a row. In fact, second half is only good part of first season.

>>85862323
I'd say it's at least better than Jessica Jones. And second season of Flash, for some reason I didn't think it was as hype as first season of Flash.
>>
Easily the best comic related video besides iZombie
>>
I check on it from time to time not because of the plot or anything, but because I want to see how Ward is doing and if he is getting that skye pussy.

on that note anons, what happened to Ward now? stopped watching when colslaw crushed his chest, what happened after that? did he come back? or is he permanently dead?
>>
File: Hive.png (489KB, 640x701px) Image search: [Google]
Hive.png
489KB, 640x701px
>>85862504
Basically Hive made his corpse its next host and got blown up in space with Lincoln
>>
>>85862504
He was killed in outer space and got his body hijacked by very powerful Inhuman who destroyed planet Ward was killed on.

Then they got Skye addicted to their dick so badly she was begging them to take her back.

Then they Allahu Akbared her new bf in deep space.
>>
>>85862595
>>85862613
so no more ward from this point?

shit show son
>>
>>85862629
While I agree, his stint as Hive cemented him as the best MCU villain so there's that. He went out with a bang.
>>
>>Normies don't care about it
Correct.
>>comic fans detest it
Comic fans detest everything.
>>MCU fans hate it because it doesn't connect to the other movies or shows, almost to the point of not feeling like canon, pissing off even the cast
MCU fans love it and wish the FILMS would acknowledge it. (If you consider yourself an "MCU fan" and don't watch the TV side, you're not a fan)
>>Reddit hates it for not being the movies
Reddit fucking loves it.
>>T.mblr is indifferent to it
Much like most of the world is about t.mblr.
>>Joss Whedon legitimately considers it a mistake
Just like most people consider Age of Ultron.
>>even Marvel doesn't care about it and just canceled the Inhumans movie it spent literally 2.5 seasons straight setting up
Mostly false. It all has to do with disagreements between Ike and Feige.

I think the show is good. Much better than the other procedurals that plague network TV.
>>
File: 1465489902355.gif (364KB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
1465489902355.gif
364KB, 540x300px
>>85862629
>>85862646
Two words: Demon Ward?
>>
>>85862629
>No more Ward
Please. Knowing this show, he'll be a hallucination for Daisy or his soul will haunt SHIELD because of all the Ghost Rider nonsense
>>
>>Normies don't care about it
No one cares about Normies
>>comic fans detest it
Some do, some don't, I'm a comic fan and enjoy the show quite a bit
>>MCU fans hate it because it doesn't connect to the other movies or shows, almost to the point of not feeling like canon, pissing off even the cast
Only to does, just because they aren't shoving Ironman in our faces doesn't mean that Nick Fury and Lady Sif never appeared on the show or that events from the movie don't directly effect the show (Dark World, Winter Soldier, Age of Ultron)
>>Reddit hates it for not being the movies
Does 4chan Jr really matter? I don't think it does.
>>T.mblr is indifferent to it
Does 4chan's trans fucktoy matter? I don't think it does.
>>Joss Whedon legitimately considers it a mistake
Joss got mad that after he killed a character off to full his fetish of Deep Story Telling that they brought him back using comic book hijinks.
>>even Marvel doesn't care about it and just canceled the Inhumans movie it spent literally 2.5 seasons straight setting up
Because the show is actually a better platform for the Inhumans than an actual movie.
>>
>>85862288
>Joss Whedon legitimately considers it a mistake
Source? You realize his brother works on it, imagine their family dinner conversations if true.

>Been checking Twitter lately, Joss?
>Yeah, but couldn't see AoS trending.
>>
What if Ward becomes Vengeance?

or that hive is basically Blackheart lmao
>>
>>85862288
I'd probably watch it if it was canon. At least then it would have some relevance to some stuff I enjoy maybe.
>>
>>85862629
>>85862683
>>85862689
There will probably be an LMD Ward.
>>
>>85862955
Hi Joss, enjoying the thread?
>>
>>85862955
It is, anon. Nick Fury, Maria Hill, Lady Sif, Gideon Malick, and Baron Strucker have all appeared on the show. The main character, Phil Coulson, was actually a supporting cast member of Iron Man 2, Thor, and The Avengers. And many of the films' characters and events are referenced in the show and even other Asgardians have appears in numerous episodes.
>>
File: 0cea0737-0371-41ed-ba13-d3c20c.jpg (56KB, 660x825px) Image search: [Google]
0cea0737-0371-41ed-ba13-d3c20c.jpg
56KB, 660x825px
>>85862648
>If you consider yourself an "MCU fan" and don't watch the TV side, you're not a fan
>>
>>85862288
>Who watches this show?
Only Marvel interns, I'm afraid.
>>
>>85862288
I watch it.
I honestly think it's good when it's not trying to promote an upcoming movie or fit into the MCU. That and because of that dropping and forgetting their own plot points are the worst parts of the show.
>>
>>85863035
There's nothing fedora about it. That's what a fan is. You can like Marvel movies but specifically an "MCU fan" is a fan of the MCU as a whole.
>>
>>85863027
That's just the films being canon to the show, and that's not the same thing as the show being canon to the films.
>>
>>85862288
I watch it and think its better than both Netflix shows and all the Berlanti-verse

I don't understand why people don't like it
when it's actually fun and exciting tv
the other shows are boring as gray paint drying
plus this is the only capeshow with good season finales
>>
>>85863103
Are you referring to SUPER canon?
>>
File: PoS.gif (2MB, 500x220px) Image search: [Google]
PoS.gif
2MB, 500x220px
>>85863027
But that relationship only goes way.

My fault. I should have said that whilst the MCU is canon in AoS - AoS isn't canon to the MCU.

>>85862999
nice reply

If I'm being completely honest - I would also watch it if it wasn't completely terrible. So either 'relevant' or 'not shit' would be a good first step for them moving forwards.
>>
>>85862323
I agree with this statement.

Haters gonna hate, I love it.
And Daisy is a cute.
>>
>>85862361
I am pissed they aren't doing the GOOD Ghost Rider
>>
>>85863118
It's actually pretty good though. The longer it's been on, the better it's become. It's like anti-Arrow.
>>
>>85862683
>Robbi is possessed by his evil uncle
>His dad turns out to be a fourth Ward brother that was never mentioned
>>
>>85862323
I'd probably agree if I had ever watched Flash, being forced to watch multiple seasons of Supernatural was enough for me to boycott the whole network.
>>
File: 213.jpg (6KB, 516x44px) Image search: [Google]
213.jpg
6KB, 516x44px
>>85863070
>if you like an item, you must like the whole set!
>>
>>85862323
This. It's admitedly nothing incredible, but it does have some great moments, and even at it's worst it's still entertaining and not cringe-inducing (save a couple of lines from Skye while she was still Skye). It's been a slow but steady climb, and doesn't suffer from the Flash's soap-opera-tier storylines.

I like the Flash too, but they are too inconsistent with their episodes, and only the last 5 minutes of them is actually worth it. Their /co/ threads are still the best, but AoS has just become the better show.

Daisy literally pulled a reverse Felicity - from annoying hacker mary sue to an actual fighter who gets her ass kicked and follows orders even over her own ideologies. I don't know how they pulled it off, but they did.
>>
>>85863118
So, by your logic, JJ and DD don't take place in the same universe because you never see Matt beating people up, despite having night nurse in a few episodes. I suppose the X-Men comics aren't canon either because they don't appear in every other comic, like ASM and Ultimates?
>>
File: shilling_1963_reverse.png (96KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
shilling_1963_reverse.png
96KB, 220x220px
>this thread
>>
>>85863128
Be glad, this probably means that they went through the list of ghost riders and settled for the guy who has existed for little over a year
>>
>>85862955
>I'd probably watch it if it was canon.
You shouldn't watch the Flash, since it's not cannon to the MCU either.

Canon aside - it's still a pretty great show, and I'm fine with an extended universe, desu.
>>
>>85863278
>>85863128
Also they are probably saving Johnny Blaze for something bigger later on.

Anyway, diversity (not racial, don't worry) is the spice of life.
>>
>>85863294
>You shouldn't watch the Flash, since it's not cannon to the MCU either.
Why the fuck would it be connected to the marvel universe?
>>
>>85863251
Is this thread old reverse shilling, reverse shilling or just shilling?
How do you even old reverse shill.
>>
>>85863323
No reason. But your condition for not liking AoS is because it isn't, so you should apply it to everything.

Shouldn't watch football either.
>>
It's my filler show. It's a solid 6-7 out of 10. It's not great but it's decent and it has its moments.
>>
>>85863338
Different person, honey. And AoS is awful, any show that takes like 3 seasons to get decent isn't worth watching to begin with. It not being connected to anything is just added icing to the cake and extra fucking funny.
>>
>>85863365
Fair enough, sugar, but get better reading comprehension when replying to comments then.
>>
>>85863365
It took half a season ya ponce
>>
I watched the first series. It wasn't very good until the hydra twist, but after that the second half was pretty good. I think it had 3 major flaws. One, it's low budget made it seem a little goofy at times. It was clearly over reaching a lot, effects wise. Two, it was sort of aimless and confused about it's structure, what kind of show it was, what the team was actually meant to be doing, in the first half of the season, though the hydra twist sorted that out and gave the show direction. And three, The characters aren't very good. Caulson is great. The cavalry is fun, as far as stoic, brooding badass goes. Everyone else was just flat and underdeveloped. The tech nerds were never anything more that just the tech nerds. Ward was a non entity and got a little bit better after the twist, but not by much. And Skye, Skye is just not a real person and nowhere as cool or interesting as the show seems to think she is. I just don't buy her, she just feels too much like an actress. And I don't blame that on the performance, I think it's the writing. I just believe in her. She just feels too much like a contrivance. But it's not like I hat her or anything. The characters overall just didn't intrigue me or make me invested. Except Caulson. But a single character is not enough to carry a whole show.

I didn't bother watching it after that. I didn't really consciously choose to drop it, I just wasn't enthusiastic enough to go looking for it, and there were other things to watch.
and since then, I've never really heard anything that makes me want to jump back in. It's seems to mostly get talking about in negative context.
>>
>>85863455
Most of the flaws you described are fixed now. Story became more focused, with usually 2 heavily inteconnected plots running together with little distraction. Nerds got more development, though Simmons lost some likability points over time.
Skye, well, she got better, but I still don't like her.
As for intriguing, this where Grant Ward wild ride comes in.
>>
>>85863455
>Ward was a non entity and got a little bit better after the twist, but not by much
Ward gets better for every Ward that gets introduced.
>>
>>85863027
>Baron Strucker

No he didn't. His sidekick Doctor List did appear a few times, though.
>>
>>85863521
>Grant Ward wild ride comes in
Memes. Still not worth watching then. Good to know.
>>
Did Coulson get a robo-hand or is he just wearing a random fucking glove?
>>
>>85863585
He got infinite supply of robot hands, it seems.
>>
>>85863585
He's using robotic hands with variable, usually increasing, levels of power.
>>
>>85863250
Not him, but no one is saying that. You are straw manning. Please try to respond to what people are actually saying, not the words you put into their mouths.

Let me try and explain this a bit more, and please actually try to understand this time. When a work of fiction references the events of a second work of fiction as being real within the context of the world of first fiction, that makes the second work of fiction canon to the first. It does not inherently make the first work of fiction canon to the second. Canonicity does not have to go both ways. The original star wars trilogy is canon to the expanded universe novels, but a lot of those novels are no longer canon the films. It's very common for spin-offs to be non-canon to the original work while the original is still canon to the spin-off.
>>
>>85863313
With both Ghost Rider and blade back at Marvel i would find it very unlikely that there is not a show in the works for Netflix. Or at least someone in at marvel studios working on a script
>>
>>85863909
I think those are two very 90's properties that wouldn't really work in their universe right out of the box.

Maybe with time, but I'm sure it's not their priority. Both already had recent adaptations that still stick to memory, and the only other property like that is Spider-man, which is in another league entirely anyway.

Also Daredevil, but he's a much easier character to work with and ease the craziness in.
>>
>>85862288

I watch it on the principle of the thing.

It's not very good.
>>
I really hope Coulson will get back to the suit, though.

This midlife crisis dad outfit doesn't fit him at all.
>>
>>85863455
Fixing most of those is sort of S2's main plot.
>>
>>85864030
confirmed for never watching new adventures of old jewfu
>>
>>85864151
Huh?
>>
>>85864056
I liked that in S3 Coulson literally said that he's sick of fighting guys who aren't evil and have similar goals but have dumb ideological differences or some shit.
>>
>>85864215
Coulson is literally better person than Civil war cap then
>>
>>85863909
Netflix shows don't have the budget for CGI
>>
>>85864178
confirmed for never watching new adventures of old jewfu
>>
>>85864215
>>85864338
I find Coulson the weakest part of the show. Calk Gregg really doesn't try.

>>85864368
Yeah, they spend a lot on actors and location. They also have a higher bar where they won't use it unless it looks real. Shows like the flash can get away with inherently silly and rubbery FX on a pinch because of their tone.

Marflix and AoS are generally more conservative about it.
>>
>>85862689
Heck, i'd be ok with this.
Sorry.
>>
>>85864412
Weakest part of the show was Lincoln, so thankfully he's gone. Unfortunately, Ward was the best part of the show and now he's gone too.
>>
>>85864793
Ward was neat, but he had really nowhere else to go. It was already an encore.

I forgot about Lincoln, but I never really hated him, he was just sort of there. His powers sucked, though.

I think they managed to actually make me care about him or at least respect him in the finale.
>>
>>85862288
I talked to a normie the other day who found out I liked comics
>Hey Anon, have you heard of Agents of SHIELD? I love that show!
>It's alright.
>ALRIGHT? It probably one of the best shows on television!
This is a REAL conversation.
>>
>>85863585
>>85863633

The last one have an holo-shield in it.
I'd like to see the comic's Coulson with the same thing.
Too bad it's already two season since the last time he touched the tesseract gun. They should use those sci-fi gadget more often (also the tesseract gun has become Coulson's signature weapon since the Avengers)
>>
>>85862288
I think the show is fucking great. I think most of the hate is just meme.
>>
>>85864885
>It probably one of the best shows on television!
She's not wrong though.
>>
>>85863195
Supernatural was still good even if it was stupid.
>>
>>85864885
Have you seen broadcast television later?

They almost win by default.
>>
>>85862288
Meh. I think I'll watch it, for MCU completionism's sake.
>>
I dropped it midway through season 2. I'm one of the few people who think that Ward was just the biggest, most annoying shit to happen to the show. Literal fucking manchild that they refused to let die.

I had a hard time making it that far, too. It all just felt dragged out and boring, with the same repeating drama over and over again.
>>
>>85865308
Sounds like you just aren't a comic book fan.
>>
>>85862288
I love it, but it's hard to talk about it here because of the heavy DC bias.
>>
>>85865095
Supernatural was better when it was stupid because you didn't have to be as invested in the characters or plot lines and could just have some fun.
>>
>>85865354
Why you gotta be falseflagging, anon?
>>
It's honestly not as good as a SHIELD show could have been, but not as pointless or bad as it was, or some people still make it out to be based on watching part of the first season.
I'm okay with the Inhuman stuff, but I do wish it hadn't drowned out so much else and become the main focus for a while.
Ward meandered for a while, but Hive was cool. Anything that would continue Ward after that seems a bit like it would ruin the high they ended the character on.
Zabo/Hyde was enjoyable in the second season but like so many things in the show, the special effects were lacking, making his final transformation underwhelming.
There's always something stopping the show from being all it could be, whether budget, restrictions on what characters they use, or the necessity of tying whatever's happening in the main MCU into a show plot that doesn't need it.
>>
>>85863105
>plus this is the only capeshow with good season finales
This is objectively true.
>>
>>85862361
It's probably because Jaime GR is easier to do on screen since it's mostly just a helmet.
I'm genuinely afraid that he's going to look like a Power Rangers villain and his flames only comes on when he uses his powers, just to save on budget
>>
>>85862288
Agents of Shield suffers from being too mediocre. It's not terrible or amazing, so it doesn't attract good or bad attention.

It's just . . . there.
>>
>>85862361
I freakin love this art style
>>
Honestly didn't know it was still on the air.

I think I watched the first 2 or 3 episodes and then just forgot all about. Didn't consciously decide to drop it or anything, just sort of forgot it existed.
>>
>>85862288
I do. I watch it because it satisfies my mcu thirst. Daredevil I can watch in a single moment but it leaves me wanting more. Season 2 is the main worthwhile season
>>
>>85863400
That's even worse
>>
>>85866959
How is that worse?
>>
>>85863070

Technically, a TV show isn't cinema.
>>
>>85864381
No seriously, what do the words you're saying mean?
>>
>>85862288

Watched the first two episodes when it came out and dropped it. Why would I watch a show about Shield that isn't a actually a show about Nick Fury. Couldn't get into it.

Honestly, fans of it should be happy because it seemed like the type of show that would be cancelled.
>>
>>85863105

I don't believe you. I got five episodes in and it was garbage. I don't know how you watch several seasons of it man.
>>
>>85866049
Tradd Moore needs to draw more comics.
>>
originally i only kept watching agents of shield because its in the MCU, now i only watch the new MCU movies so i don't miss any references on agents of shield.
>>
>>85868400
This. I haven't enjoyed a Marvel film since Iron Man 3
>>
>>85865788
I get why they picked him, its just Id rather have a Ghost Rider show or a movie. Here hes going to be second fiddle to Daisy and restricted by both budget and network
>>
>>85865470
It's always been stupid man. I for one welcome their weird blend of Unknown Armies and soap opera bullshit.
>>
>>85868852
Fuck man that's what I want for Ghostrider, a fucking UA series!
>>
>>85862288
>just canceled the Inhumans movie it spent literally 2.5 seasons straight setting up

First of all, the movie isn't cancelled. They pushed it to Phase 4. Second of all, are you delusional enough to think anything AoS did will effect the Inhumans movie? That'll be about the Royal Family.
>>
>>85868400
Seconding this. It's like comparing an event comic to a niche c-list book. I only read the event to understand the c-list book's tie-in, not because I actually care about the event itself.
>>
>>85869062
Consdering marvel tv had the okay to use black bolt and other royal family members in AoS if they wished a couple months ago then yes
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.