[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why'd they cancel it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: PhilipJ.Fry[1].png (101KB, 232x416px) Image search: [Google]
PhilipJ.Fry[1].png
101KB, 232x416px
why'd they cancel it?
>>
Too good for this world.
>>
>>85856827
Bad ratings/expensive cast.
>>
>>85856827
Cause it had way too much heart and soul, something most animated sitcoms don't anymore.

It amazes me we're about to go into season seven of Bob's Burgers without it being threatened with cancellation, since it's so much better than current Simpsons or Family Guy.
>>
>>85856827
Fox canceled everything back then.
>>
>>85856919
Fox cancels almost everything now.

Granted, a lot of things they put out are really bad, but even the good stuff falls off the map. I haven't watched it to know if it's good or not, but Sleepy Hollow still going is a surprise. Seemed too original a premise for them to give more than 13 episodes.
>>
>>85856827
Neutopia.
>>
>>85856827
It was getting pretty bad and they didn't want it to live on as a soulless zombie like the Simpsons. If they never cancelled it we would be begging them to let it die with dignity.
>>
>>85856827

More often I find myself asking why they brought it back.
>>
>>85856827
Bad ratings caused by constant interruption by MLB same reason why King of the Hill was.

The movies were good, but I feel like the Comedy Central era tried to hard to be trendy and fell in to the family guy style of humor that being said it was never as bad as Family guy or modern simpsons.
>>
>>85856827

IT WAS OVER
>>
>>85856827

It was cancelled once then came back.
It had an official ending what are you talking about
>>
>>85856827
Because the writers had run out of ideas. It died relatively gracefully and didn't live to become New Simpsons.
>>
>>85857397
Season 7 and 8 had good episodes
>>
>>85857465
Also had bad episodes. Overall quality was starting to drop and you know it. Better for it to end while it was still relatively good
>>
The revival seasons were fucking bad
>>
>>85856827
Thank jesus they did. The revival was bad, fuck your opinion, you enjoy bad television.
>>
File: 1361261984112.gif (623KB, 329x232px) Image search: [Google]
1361261984112.gif
623KB, 329x232px
>>85857552
>>85857503

Good taste in this thread
>>
>>85857503
>>85857552
The gap meant change in staff, change in commercial climate, change in personal lives. If it was one continuous series it likely would have been fine.
>>
>>85856827
comedy central wanted something inline with their social propaganda which futurama isnt. while it has a diverse cast there are white men in it and comedy central wants to erase white men

the only reason south park can stay is to pay the bills ... and if they dont renew the contract it might go to fox for the sunday line up
>>
>>85857706
Correct
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.