[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thanos Infinity Saga

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: THANOS.jpg (132KB, 640x984px) Image search: [Google]
THANOS.jpg
132KB, 640x984px
Was this actually good or a huge wankfest?
>>
>>85854850
both
>>
I never liked that Death actually got with Thanos in the end. Death should always be above that, toying with the mad titan.
>>
File: 1371352082028.jpg (817KB, 1280x1948px) Image search: [Google]
1371352082028.jpg
817KB, 1280x1948px
>>85855217
Agreed, short of the toying thing. I much prefer a Death who is enigmatically linked yet distant to Thanos. She permits him in her company to make his services useful but always without a word to him, as if to silently say
>If you love me do anything I ask without asking me to do anything.

Seeming like both a test of love and simple disdain he has to play pin pong with, always striving to keep his resolve and do more for the slightest hint of affection while on some level feeling he's spinning his wheels. It's the unfulfilling suffering that makes it worthwhile compared to other unrequited love stories.

Things like pic related where she makes a drawn out proposal feel contrived. Like you said as an eternal Abstract I expect and prefer her to be more withdrawn with mortal affections. If she's trying to coerce someone more simple like Deadpool it makes sense, mostly because it's comical, but that's another matter.
>>
>>85855581
yea exactly. It is kinda weird how Starlin did a complete 180 regarding that. I mean every other writer that has written him well has kept up the disdain he has trying to court her.

Yet this series had him succeed. I honestly think thats just wrong unless he wanted to make this the final Thanos story. Which knowing marvel is downright impossible.
>>
>>85854850
It wasn't bad overall.

Some interesting ideas, and the writing is very competent. But way too much Thanos wank.
>>
>>85855824
agreed.
>>
>>85855217
Agreed, a big part of Thanos's character is that he's a huge cuck for death and she does not give a shit about him.

It's like the author of this confused Marvel Death for DC Death.
>>
>>85857201
Its the same author who introduced the cucking. He just did a complete 180 on his take of Death and Thanos relationship.

Like I can sorta buy her eventually embracing him but it wasn't done well at all. I mean its Thanos doing universe altering crap as usual, death shouldn't swoon over that crap. She should just yawn.
>>
>>85855735
Funny story.
He wanted 'Marvel the End' to be Thanos final story but then Marvel as going ahead with a Thanos series so Jim try to stay on board and keep writing a post death worshiping Thanos. It didn't take well with Marvel and they agreed to disagree and when Jim came back he shared in an interview he just took a "fuck it" approach and just crank to 11 all the shit Marvel was wanting in hopes either it would whiplash Thanos in better directions or have Marvel put him on the back burner. Thanks to the films we can't hope for either.
>>
>>85857302
wait was his infinity trilogy him cranking up to 11? or was that infinity abyss?
>>
>>85857201
The author was the CREATOR of Marvel Death, anon.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.