[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/co/ "starter kit" ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 27_deadpoolf.gif (715KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
27_deadpoolf.gif
715KB, 500x667px
Hello familia I am a completely new shitter when it comes to the comic world. I know basic characters like spiderman and superman but I really don't know much of anything when it comes to comics/cartoons. I am wondering if there is some kind of ideal shitter/starter list of comics/cartoons like a baseline that every shitter such as myself should watch to get a good start and introduction to the wonderful world of /co/

I see no sticky on this board so pls no bully
>>
Well start by telling us what you like
>>
What genres do you like? Do you have any characters you're interested in?

Kinda hard to give recs if we don't know your preferences. Head over to comraderecs.tumblr.com for some general and specific recs, there's also a link explaining how comics work and what programs to use for reading comics. Some links no longer work, but if you search by "tagged/character" (like comraderecs.tumblr.com/tagged/captain america) you'll find them.
>>
File: 1435712633434.jpg (280KB, 845x1087px) Image search: [Google]
1435712633434.jpg
280KB, 845x1087px
It helps to be specific. Give us a character or a genre or something to work with. Tell us you want to read Daredevil and people will know exactly what to tell you. Tell us you want to read horror comics and people will be able to give you horror comics. Tell us you want something like Stranger Things and I'm sure someone will know a comic that will work for you.

Or just find something and read it. The barrier for entry is not that high.
>>
>>85854237
Here's some cartoons:

Batman the Animated Series
Superman the Animated Series
Justice League, same as the two before.

Then for some comics, read Watchmen.
Then try some origin stories, like
Batman Year One
Daredevil - The Man Without Fear
Superman: Birthright
Punisher Born

This should keep you occupied for some time.
>>
>>85854529
Not OP but thanks for the link.
>>
Hush for Batman is a good starter because it introduces a lot of villains in it and is a pretty good book.
>>
>>85854237
>Watership Down
>the Disney animated Canon+Fantasia
>Samurai Jack
>Usagi Yojimbo
>Maus
>Watchmen
>Morrison's Bat-Epic
>All-Star Superman
>Claremont's X-Men
>Hellboy
>Bone
>Cerebus the Aardvark
>Thief and the Cobbler
>Gargoyles
>Venture Bros
>Transmetropolitan
just a few off the top of my head
>>
>>85854643
>Hush
Dat Catwoman.
>>
recs for artsy stuff that isn't super long?
>>
>>85854686
Flex Mentallo, it's less than 200 pages.
>>
>>85854609
Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes should be added to this list.
>>
>>85854609
>>85854712
Also the 90's X-Men cartoon.
>>
>>85854686
We3, you can never go wrong with Quietly's art.
>>
>>85854686
A Contract with God is under 200 pages. Many consider it the first graphic novel, so I'd say it's artsy. Persepolis is under 200. V for Vendetta is under 300.
>>
>>85854237
Honestly just take a franchise or character that you're interested in and start reading from the beginning. If you don't like it, stop. That simple.
>>
>>85855162
I don't know if telling someone to quit on a character because they don't enjoy what that character was in the 1930's is fair.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.