[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wtf I love teen titans go now Just kidding I already did.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: d.jpg (902KB, 3000x1654px) Image search: [Google]
d.jpg
902KB, 3000x1654px
wtf I love teen titans go now

Just kidding I already did.
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 296x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 296x200px
I like TTG for the background references to other DC characters and stories. For the rest it's a child-friendly version of Seinfeld/It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, hit & miss.
>>
File: 1425803033348.jpg (17KB, 809x367px) Image search: [Google]
1425803033348.jpg
17KB, 809x367px
>>85854033

Surprisingly, it had never occurred to me to compare TTG to Seinfeld, but you're right.
>>
File: 1463696523010.jpg (44KB, 847x745px) Image search: [Google]
1463696523010.jpg
44KB, 847x745px
That's pretty amazing that he got an entire episode dedicated to him.
>>
>>85854329
So is he dead now or what
>>
>>85854558

I don't know.
>>
>>85854058
>>85854033
It's not seinfeld, it's TBBT
It's a bunch of lame jokes being spat out one after another
The character's personalities are very fluid and change depending on what the writers need them to be
They don't feel like real characters, which is weird to say about a cartoon, but if this were seinfeld, the characters wouldn't feel as scripted
The characters would act and talk to eachother as if that's how they would do it if they were real
>>
I work a counter job and I throw on cartoons when my boss isn't around to give me something to watch. I used to be picky and change it whenever TTG came on but now I'm just happy to not be watching Sports Center.

I think it's totally obnoxious, but it can be very silly and I've laughed once or twice. It's indisputably a cartoon for children. But I definitely admire that every once in a while something happens to change the art style for an episode.

It's no Amazing World of Gumball, though. Jesus I went in having never seen a single fucking episode and when it came on at work it had me laughing so damned hard that I remembered, briefly, what it was to feel joy again.
>>
File: tumblr_nx714n12hh1r8wbn2o1_1280.png (990KB, 1280x721px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nx714n12hh1r8wbn2o1_1280.png
990KB, 1280x721px
The night begins to shine
>>
>>85854594

It's akin to Seinfeld in that the focus of both shows is mediocrity, and mediocre people. The exhibition of such is the objective.

With that said, one can't credibly suggest that TTG embodies some comparable simulacrum of the freewheeling production process and almost singular comedy that Seinfeld and Larry David brought to their show. Certainly I wouldn't.

However, I sure as hell wouldn't insult TTG by comparing it to Bazingatime, either. The former is an acutely self-aware mash-up of old-fashioned slapstick, visual gags, and parody, which is charmingly caustic to both itself and its fans-cum-critics. The latter is a sludge of melodramatic self-parody that is premised on C-reel relationship drama and condescending, bland "nerd humor" that was dated ten years ago.

I also wouldn't describe the Titans' personalities as "very fluid"; each is a distinct caricature of their previous incarnations.

Of course, that doesn't mean I don't understand why anons such as >>85854645 find TTG to be obnoxious more than anything else.
>>
>>85853988
bless his soul.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.