[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the sequels even worth reading?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (40KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 300x450px
Are the sequels even worth reading?
>>
>>85845917
DK III is decent so far...
>>
no

sequels were a mistake and a completely shameless cashgrab
>>
File: Cathy Bates Disapproves.jpg (39KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Cathy Bates Disapproves.jpg
39KB, 1280x720px
>>85845917
Now, what do YOU think, anon?
>>
>>85845917
No, DKSA was horrible, and DK3 is aggressively mediocre
>>
>>85845917
read prequels instead

ASBAR is godly
>>
>>85847194
this!

also : DKR:The Last Crusade and Spawn/Batman
>>
>>85845917
yes
>>
Only librulls think the sequels arent good.
>>
>>85849561
I'm liberal as fuck and I enjoy DKSA. Yeah Frank inked his art with a broken baseball bat and Lynne was just DYING to try out her new copy of photoshop. But underneath all that chicken scratch is Frank sitting at his typewriter going "HOT DAMN SUPERHEROES ARE AWESOME AS FUCK"
>>
>>85852067
>"HOT DAMN SUPERHEROES ARE AWESOME AS FUCK"

Yeah he views them as toys that he gets to pull out of the box every so often and just have fun with. There's no reverence there, but some people mistake that with disdain which is absurd
>>
They're worth reading out of pure curiosity.
>>
>>85845917
DKSA is unreadable. DK3 starts out OK and turns AMAZING half way through. The Last Crusade is quality.
>>
>>85845917
DKSA is worth reading just to see how cuh-razy things can get

DKIII has a bit of a slow start but is shaping up to be great

the prequels are A++++++++
>>
DKSA is awesome, a lot of people say it was a shitty sequel not just because of the art, but because it was such a far cry from the original storywise.

Seriously what the fuck? TDKR ends with the Soviet Union sending a nuke towards the USA, which Superman stops, but the EMP makes half the country experience total blackout, and the entire eastcoast desencds in to madness except Gotham, which has Batman. This embarasses the President so he sends Superman to bring him in, but Batman, Robin and Green Arrow beats him up and also fakes Batman his own death.

Yeah, very grounded in reality, very street-level..

TDKSA was a very natural progression.
>>
>>85847194
asbar is shit, dkii/dksa is good
>>
>>85845917
I'm in the vocal minority that love Strikes Again. Yeah, the colors were weird in places, but it was just such a celebration of the madness of DC comics.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.