[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How was Streets of Gotham? Does it hold up to the other great

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Batman_Streets_of_Gotham_Vol_1_1.jpg (120KB, 663x1022px) Image search: [Google]
Batman_Streets_of_Gotham_Vol_1_1.jpg
120KB, 663x1022px
How was Streets of Gotham? Does it hold up to the other great titles that came out around the same time?
>>
It earns its spot as a part of the best Bat Universe we've ever and will ever see.
>>
>>85842089
Pretty good, worth a read.
>>
>>85842089
It's a pretty good read if you have all the issues. It's pretty bad in ongoing form since Dini wasn't turning in scripts on time and you had either the backups being the only story or the main story being relegated to couple of pages worth of backups for several months on time. Very irritating imo.
>>
>>85842089
Really good look at Gotham at the time; I love all the little character moments. However, like a lot of titles from the Reborn era, its quality drops about halfway through. If you're getting trades I'd just recommend the first two.
>>
>>85842089
yes
very much so yes
there's only one bad story arc in it, 2-3 issues that focuses on huntress
the rest isg reat
>>
>>85842944
>Dini wasn't turning in scripts on time
To be fair, he was pulling double duty with GCS
>>
>>85842089
Great, but your trying to make it comparative. If you liked Dini detective this was the same team, with more emphasis on Gotham street crime.
>>
>>85842944
He was getting Morrisoned. Morrison has fucked up everyone whose ever worked with him in a shared verse.
>>
>>85843948
and Zatanna and he'd just done countdown, which was apparently soul crushing.
>>
>>85842089
It was my favorite of the lot, though I can't recall if I got to finish it completely. It'd be nice if they did new collections for it like they did Gotham City Sirens.
>>
>>85842089
neat
>>
>>85846538
That is really not Morrison's fault. It's more the fault of the Bat-editor Mike Marts who decided to tie all the books into Morrison's storyline. The guy would do the same thing with Snyder's run on Batman to the degree that he had everyone try and ape Snyder's style and tying every books into DotF or CoO.
>>
>>85842089
Solid
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.