[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is Christopher Priest a greater comic book writer than Alan Moore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: aaaaaa.jpg (67KB, 585x800px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaa.jpg
67KB, 585x800px
in terms of legacy?
>>
???

Define "legacy".
>>
>>85841201

in terms of greatness, bibliography etc.
>>
tbqh familio-dillio, No. Moore is one of those guys who has an insurmountable resume/legacy. He is one of those writers that even normalfags know about. Watchmen alone is one of the best comics ever crafted. Moore is a comic book's writer if you know what I mean. Priest is a good writer, don't get me wrong. But his legacy is nowhere near Moore status. Few in comics are up there with him in terms of legend status.
>>
i havent even heard of him so no

but that makes me racist in 2016 doesnt it?
>>
>>85841319
No, it makes you a stupid tripfaggot who, surprise surprise, has absolutely nothing to add to the discussion at hand.
>>
>>85841319
Nobody here's playing the race card here but you, buddy.
>>
I love Priest but no...

but greatest is also a very subjective thing and if you like his books more go for it.
>>
Moore has regressed into being a hack and has been for years now. There are like a dozen writers in the industry who have an overall better bibliography but don't know enough about Chris to say if he is one of em.
>>
>>85841319
even by tripfag standards you are an impressive retard
>>
>>85841319
no, it makes you a casual moviefag
>>
>>85841150
No, not even close.
>>
>>85841446
> a dozen writers in the industry who have an overall better bibliography

Even with his work after Wildstomr/ABC Moore is still easily one of the ten best writers in comics especially if we're only counting writers not people who write and draw their own stuff
>>
>>85841150
i'm looking at a list of his works on wikipedia... doesn't look like he was able to write any original material, he just wrote characters that had already been created. i hope that changes, maybe he has some ideas
>>
>>85841446
that is simply false
>>
>>85841741
Quantum & Woody.

I think that's it.

But Q&W is great.
>>
>>85841150
Is he the one who wrote that deadpool run that was super noir that was based as fuck
>>
>>85841150
Not really. I like Priest but Moore has written many more better works.
>>
>>85841319
eat a bag of severed dicks, tripscum
>>
>>85841150

In terms of legacy, he's more important than Moore was as a writer since he was the first black editor at Marvel.

In terms of overall influence it goes Moore > Priest.

Also, I love Priest but his Deathstroke is pale imitation of Xero.
>>
>>85842247
>The character's public identity is Coltrane "Trane" Walker, an African-American professional basketball player. He operates secretly as a technologically enhanced "closer" – an agent who can be counted to tie up loose ends in espionage operations, including the elimination of witnesses – in the guise of a masked, blond, white man, code-named "Xero"
THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN
>>
If we're talking about just Moore, then that's different from talking about a legacy, of which copycats and followers are a part of. And the thing is I can honestly say that Moore, despite being in the top 5 of talent and creativity for me, is (like Miller) one of those guys responsible for the dark ages of comics and a bunch of deconstruction shit that's ultimately kind of insufferable.

...And the fact that years after the fact he follows it up with "What if Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz got raped?" or "What if Harry Potter were the anti-Christ?" does make me wonder if his affect on the industry as a whole was worth it.
>>
>>85841150
No, just ethnicity.
>>
come on....Priest is a great writer...but he doesn't have no where near the influence that Moore had/has
>>
>>85841150
No. However it's a damn shame that Priest isn't among the "great" comic writers that are always namedropped.

You know like Busiek,Ennis,Waid.
>>
>>85844583
he is...but i don't think his bibliography is that extensive....you need both quality and quanity to be considered a great...

I like Priest..he is a great writer, but I don't think he is as diverse (theme wise) as the other writers you listed
>>
>>85841336
I disagree. He's fucking dead on.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.