[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what point did you stop watching the Simpsons?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 273
Thread images: 41

File: 1472379029075.jpg (436KB, 1912x1074px) Image search: [Google]
1472379029075.jpg
436KB, 1912x1074px
At what point did you stop watching the Simpsons?
>>
>>
>>85839764
This was literally within the latest season. Are you telling me you watched that shit up to this point?
>>
>>85839816
context
>>
I quit around Season 10 or 11. I got out just before it got egregiously bad.
>>
>>85839764
late 90's
>>
>>85839855

Lisa wants an entire island of people to stop overfishing a certain breed of fish to extinction

So to compensate they decide to cut down all their forests instead to make disposable sandwich toothpicks and playboy mags
>>
>>85839764
Around season 8 but I'd catch a few episodes.
Though once I saw the Tony Hawk episode I just finally stopped for good. Hadn't seen another since.
>>
At some point around when celebrity-focused episodes became the norm, rather than an exception.
>>
Like 1992.
>>
>>85839764
Moe's dishrag
>>
>>85839764
Right after Do the Bartman
>>
>>85839764
What's the context here
>>
>>85839830
This, I dropped the show long before. Why were you still watching this dogshit, OP.
>>
>>85839764
Reading the episode synopses on wikipedia, season 16 is the last season I have any recollection of. Which sounds about right, as I think I stopped paying for cable in 2006.
>>
Pretty much when the new intro came out. Though I never watched it too regularly before that either.
>>
When they changed the entire cast of my local dub.

Which was incidentally about the time the show's quality was dead.
>>
>>85839830
Since you recognized the shot, did YOU watch it?
>>
Stop?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_Dk-nzt7Ig&list=PL31Jrv3uvZ440GXUL201mcqrmMRdtRPcm
>>
>>85840004
fuck you're cool
>>
Season 15
The last great episodes were probably in 11 but they were rare even then. The last consistently good episodes were probably in 13
Except that Neil Gaiman episode in Season 23 or something that was actually great
>>
I think I've made this post before but I'm glad The Simpsons is so bad these days, people who didn't do the smart thing and just decide it was dead to them some time around season 12-13 are part of the problem and deserve to suffer for being stupid. Glad to see most of the people in this thread seem sensible for a change
>>
Whatever season it was where Marge gets hospitalised or some shit and Lisa transforms into a nagging mother with a rolling pin and hair curlers
>>
>>85839764
When it stopped being funny somewhere around 1998-1999.
>>
The one where they dedicated a triple digit episode to Lisa
>>
Objectively speaking Lisa killed the Simpsons
>>
when lisa started to become one of the main focuses of the show
>>
>>85840520
This is correct. When Lisa stopped being a smarty and became an activist.
>>
>>85839764
What is the context of that picture?
>>
>>85840578
Lisa signs up for the programing class at school, all the boys in the class are uncharacteristically sexist... and somehow Lisa joins up with an all-female tech company startup or something.
>>
>>85840578
>Lisa wants to learn coding
>lel, girls can't code
>OR CAN THEY?
>she makes an app with her coding teacher and her manic pixie dream girl squad
>bunch of stuff happens
>somebody dies i think
I don't know. I've watched it drunk, half sleeping and long time ago. Pretty much like all Simpsons episode after season 15.
>>
>>85840578
https://youtu.be/PpcZ3dCr3Ow?t=228
>>
>>85840286
there was a /co/ thread talking about this several months ago. Good try tho.
>>
>>85840667
>>85840673
>>85840688
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiSIU_U-ZmY
>>
Whatever season it was where Homer and Bart were tethered together for whatever reason. The mom from Malcolm In The Middle guest starred as the judge.
>>
Around the time of the Glee episode, I think.
>>
>>85839764
I still watch it sometimes. Yeah, yeah I know. This was when I stopped watching it regularly though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWJZT13321M
>>
>>85839764
Season 12.

"The Computer Wore Menace Shoes" was when I realized how shitty the show was at that point.

Then Skinner's Sense of Snow gave me hope so I continued watching.

Then Simpsons Tall Tales aired and I was done. That was the last episode I ever watch.
>>
The safari episode.
>>
Sweets and Sour Marge. S13.

There were plenty of bad episodes before that, but this was the last straw for me. To that point, even in the worst episodes there were at least one or two lines that were funny enough. This episode from start to end has nothing humorous.
>>
File: 1464159428960.png (2KB, 312x258px)
1464159428960.png
2KB, 312x258px
>>85840004
>>85840060
like hell
>>
>>85839764
I still watch it. granted, the last season or so has had way too many 'oh god no, you didn't really, did you?' compared to the previous five seasons, but in general the last six seasons have been a massive improvement over the prior 8-ish seasons, so ... eh. still gonna watch.
>>
>>85841042
but Tall Tales was hilarious.. if weird and tasteless
>nothin' beats the hobo life, stabbin' folk with my hobo kniiiife
>naw i'm just messin' with you nobos
>well Paul and Babe were a mighty fine match / but the man had an itch that an ox couldn't scraaatch
>when are we going to.. yknow..
>soon! Just a couple more yoga classes
>>
>>85841136

What he said. Its still worth watching.
>>
>>85839764
I wanna say 2005/2006, when I stopped watching TV entirely. It doesn't look like I missed much.
>>
The breaking point for me had to be "The Colour Yellow"

I still have a hard time believing it really happened.
>>
>>85841177
>And now for the traditional lowering of the bodies into the caskets
Still laugh my ass off at that, if you hate that episode I just feel sorry for ya
>>
>>85841177
>>85841283
It was shit. You like shit. You are into the enjoyment of shit.
>>
>>85839859
Same here.

From season... maybe 13, I find offensive that the people still watch it.
>>
>>85841239
What was it?
>>
>>85841239
Is that supposed to be a fatter Carl or a slimmer Dr. Hibbert?
>>
>>85841651

Its one of Homer's ancestors.
>>
>>85839764
Every one of these girls looks like a bit character from season 3 that Marge would be uncomfortable hiring to babysit the kids.
>>
>>85841310
So what was the peak? The Ullman shorts? you sad little hipster
>>
>>85839764
There was that Simpsons marathon. And I think I watched most of that. But I haven't seen an episode since. Before that I haven't watched the Simpsons in 6 or 7 years.
>>
>>85839764
When Homer got raped by a panda was when I finally had to break my delusions that the show was still the same show I originally fell in love with.
That and the episode where they decided that killing cats over and over was hilarious.
>>
i still watch it, i also still watch family guy and the big bang theory.
only because i like torturing myself
>>
>>85839764
somewhere between Seasons 15 and 18, Season 14 was the last one I consistently enjoyed, and mostly for all the Marge fetish fuel that was in that season
>>
>>85841659
Wait, so The Simpsons ripped off a plot from Family Guy?
>>
Around 2005, I do watch it from time to time on tv but Im not updated with new episodes since then.
>>
>>85841904
Yep, show got so bad it had to rip off the show that was ripping them off in the first place.
>>
I think about 14th-16th season. Have seen one or two episodes since, which only strengthened my decision to never watch anything after season 11 anymore.
>>
File: Kill_the_Alligator_and_Run.png (394KB, 456x600px) Image search: [Google]
Kill_the_Alligator_and_Run.png
394KB, 456x600px
Kill the Alligator and Run. I knew I couldn't watch any new Simpsons just a few minutes into that piece of shit.
>>
>>85841904

Yeah sure.
>>
I had stopped enjoying it for a while beforehand, but Bart Mangled Banner was the moment where I said to myself "why do I fucking bother any more" and stopped watching new episodes
>>
>>85841968

But thats one of the best episodes...
>>
File: Family guy did it.jpg (33KB, 700x473px) Image search: [Google]
Family guy did it.jpg
33KB, 700x473px
>>85841904
>>
I might start watching just to see how bad it got but I can't remember when or what season I stopped watching though. I dropped cable back then and sort of never bother to watch it online. What season was the Simpsons in back in 20004-2006?
>>
Sort of related, to this day I don't watch currebt Simpsons anymore but I still have very specific memories of an episode where Ralph falls into a garbage ship, including an episode about Beverly Hills where they live in some tiny apartment.

They've been on my old TiVo box for so long, and those were the only episodes I watched for a while. Burned into my mind, forever.
>>
>>85841904
Except the Family Guy one was 100% jokes, The Simpsons couldn't decide if it wanted to be funny or serious.
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 640x643px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 640x643px
After Futurama came out.
>>
>>85841935
This is only reason people bitch about this episode? They have done way worst in earlier seasons
>>
>>85842156
This, all their funny writers must have jumped ship to the new show.
>>
>>85842058
>future man says the show is STILL on in 20004

Oh god make it stop.
>>
grimes jr episode was the end for me
>>
When I finally became old enough to learn how to watch South Park without my parents catching me.
>>
>>85842182
Yeah brotha. Definitely the case.
>>
After the one where Bart disowns his parents and Tony Hawk is there for some reason

I knew the show had lost its integrity for good though when they had Andy Dick on the show
>>
>>85842160
KId Rock? No, the entire episode is pure shit. Kid Rock is just one piece of that shit pie.
>>
I still watch it every Sunday and purchase Simpsons comics monthly....
>>
Eleven or twelve was their last season where they could have gone out with a shred of dignity.
>>
>>85842431
I meant running over the alligator
>>
>>85841721
>somebody called me on having garbage taste
>well rather than a thoughtful retort I'll make a comment that is a lazy asspull insult
WOW IT HURT SO BAD
>>
File: Lisa.png (443KB, 618x530px)
Lisa.png
443KB, 618x530px
I still watch it only for Lisa's feet.
>>
Late 90s, a few seconds after staring to watch it for the first time, when my mom told me to turn it off because "not all cartoons are for kids". I somehow never ended up watching again, and now I sorta wonder if I missed out on something good
>>
This. Shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgVhGLDl8YY
>>
Season 19. I've poked my head back in for the Lego episode and the family guy crossover but I could never bring myself to watch it again
>>
I still watch it every Sunday. Still makes me laugh.
>>
>>85839764
How I Spent My Strummer Vacation, from Season 14

I'm in the minority that I think it takes about Season 11 or 12 before Simpsons really gets bad but there are still episodes within those season that are quality.

When the rock camp episode happened, I remember, for the first time I was aware of how shallow and cheap the show felt so I stopped watching and didn't miss it.

Shortly after that my family would get satellite and I'd spend all day watching MuchMusic anyway
>>
Last one I remember is the episode where Marge got a boob job. Was that before or after the panda rape?
>>
>>85840249
If you mean the first mexican dub, that is objectively the superior version of the show
>>
Treehouse of Horror XXII

What a pile of fucking shit that was. They are referencing Avatar, a movie that has nothing to do with horror and it 2 years old. That horrific Spiderman skit.
>>
File: the_REAL_seymore_skinner.png (484KB, 662x497px) Image search: [Google]
the_REAL_seymore_skinner.png
484KB, 662x497px
>>85839764
>>
>>85839764
Since I lost cable a couple years ago
If I still had cable I'd probably still watch it
>>
>>85841935
As a child I thought they were meant to be parodies and considered it great
>>
>>85842841
>it was shit. you like shit. you are into the enjoyment of shit
>he thinks this deserves a "thoughtful retort"
>>
>>85844767
I kind of love this episode because it is very aware of how hackneyed the plot is.
>>
>>85839764
Somewhere around when the movie came out. I mean, the show wasn't that good anymore but the movie was the last turd I could watch.
>>
>>85840488
I agree with you, around season 9 is when the show was just no longer the show it was in its golden age anymore.

I still think there are decent episodes from season 9 and 10 but they just aren't the same and then at 11 onwards the quality quickly degrades and it is just zombie Simpsons from there out.
>>
>>85839830
Every now and then there will be anons saying the Kesha opening, the Lady Gaga episode, or the Family Guy crossover are when the show officially died.

Like what the fuck? It died years before those became a thing
>>
>>85845331
I thought the movie was pretty good, but the last time I saw it was when I was about 12
>>
Cant remember when exactly, but I can tell you an episode that really gets on my fucking nerves. That episode where Bart sneaks off to a rap concert
>>
THere was an episode where the picture of the sailboat in the living room got destroyed and Marge grumbled and replaced it with an identical one from a closet full of identical sailboat pictures.

I dunno why, but that exact moment I turned it off and checked out.
>>
I still watch it nearly 600 episodes in. It's like a dying father: even if he's irritating and incontinent, he raised me into the dental plan I am today. I won't abandon him.
>>
>>85846887
the movie just doesn't function as a movie. the way everything is structured, it's just three normal episodes that bleed into each other.

it opens with a c plot that gets abandoned once it introduces the b plot, that gets abandoned once it introduces the a plot, then they half-ass resolving everything at the end. because that's the only formula simpsons' current writers know
>>
Season 20

I was in college and just couldn't be arsed to watch it along with the other Sunday shows.

Mind you, the end of season 19 was "All About Lisa" where she gets drunk on fame as Krusty's sidekick. Which I remember was the lowest watched episode in show history, so y'know.
>>
shortly after the movie came out, I caught two episodes back to back on commercial television that both revolved around smartphones being commonplace at Bart's school. I realized I'd had enough of their sliding timeline stuff and I would only find the show more and more uncanny
>>
>>85839764
When they did the 24 ripoff
>>
>>85841813

You know what's sad? I read your post and realized that those things also happened on Family Guy episodes (except I believe Peter got raped by a bull)
>>
I stopped after season 10 after getting tired of it, thinking I would come back someday. When the movie came out, I went to see it, and it wasn't bad, so the following Sunday I sat down, really eager to get back into the show and reconnect. I sat and just stared in astonishment at how unfunny and bland it was. I had no idea what I was watching. I began to question and hate everything. At the time I wondered if it would be right to assassinate someone over it. This show meant so much to me as a 12 year old in 1990. And it was incomprehensible what I was looking at. Nothing has been the same ever since and I feel a potent mixture of shame and anger.
>>
Pretty much "Behind the Laughter" at the end of season 11nis a good way to end the Simpsons if you wanted to stop the show from a fans perspective. Up to season 15 is pushing it. Anything beyond 15 is just total crap that starts shitting on the grave that is classic Simpsons.
>>
>28 seasons
>600 episodes
Was this necessary?
>>
>>85839764
2009, but I just lost interest in TV in general. It took me a few years after that to actually realize the poor state that the show was in.

I grew up with the 2000s episodes when they were new as well as reruns of the 90s episodes. I think the last time I truly enjoyed something Simpsons-related was when I rented The Simpsons Game in March 2008 when I was 11, not even sure if I'd like it now as much as I did then.

Honestly I think they should've turned the movie into the big finale.

I also wish that it would end already. It was an important part of my childhood for me, especially since I was born in Quebec and how huge it was over here back then. Seeing it in its current state now is just heartbreaking.

I'm actually planning to watch every single episode soon, and that includes the new ones. It'll be an interesting journey for me.
>>
>>85845201
He's stating facts. Your fault for not being able to take the truth.
>>
>>85841416
>I find offensive that the people still watch it
it legitimately bothers me when people ask if I saw "last week's simpsons."
>>
>>85849428
But what about all that money!
>>
When I got to about season 6 and realized I hadn't enjoyed any of it so far.
>>
After Boys of Bummer. Granted, I saw the movie, but I just decided "Writing and Depression don't mix," and gave up.
>>
>>85850152
I like your podcast more than I like new Simpsons, Harry Shearer.
>>
HAVE NO FEARS was it really just a joke?
>>
>>85850280
At the time. That's the thing about projects in their infancy, your morals tend to change over time. Money also helps.
>>
>>85839764
This year. I'd been just watching to be aware of it for years. Something in me just said "Fuck this, I'm done." and then I stopped watching Simpsons and Family Guy.
>>
>>85850423
It almost feels like some sort of twisted self fulfilling prophecy.
>>
>>85847837
it was a crossover
>>
>>85844222
>>85842748
>>85839764
>>85850489
Does this board consider season 10 to be classic Simpsons, neo Simpsons, or transitional Simpsons?

Personally, I think that while 10 gets more and more season 11-ish towards the end (i.e. cheap, hackneyed and crazy), a lot of it does feel pretty season 9-ish, and many people (myself included) consider s9 to be classic or at least semi-classic. Plus, I do think that s10 is funnier overall than s11, and it's got the last appearance of Phil Hartman and the last really good Halloween episode.

So I can sorta see why some people consider it the last classic season, and to be fair, most people who call it part of the classic era still clarify that it's weaker than most/all of the seasons before it.
>>
>>85839764
A long, long time ago...I can still remember when the Simpsons used to make me smile
>>
>>85845236
Sadly, that seems to be the attitude of every episode after that
>>
>>85839764
I never did, I marathoned it earlier this year and watched up to date

fite me irl
>>
>>85840706
Nice cover anon. We never talk about this and archieves show nothing
>>
When the people making it decided that they hate the show and themselves and each other
>>
>>85839764
most recent new episode i can remember watching had bart + milhouse + maybe nelson? join a n-sync style boyband that was recording songs with subliminal messages telling people to join the army. dont remember what season but it had definitely been pretty bad for a pretty long time at that point.
>>
>>85851087
Jesus that was a long time ago
>>
>>85851087
>recording songs with subliminal messages telling people to join the army.

Must not have been very effective.
>>
>>85839764
In 2000. What season was that?
>>
>>85839764
Probably 15 years ago. Why do you niggers consume shit that you clearly dislike? Are you all masochists?
>>
>>85851555
>>
>>85839764
Around about when the movie came out
>>
my favorite joke was the one where bart said the kids cant die and then milhouse falls into the blender
>>
>>85839764
When did Lisa start working at Huffington Post?
>>
>>85852485
Probably this. I still haven't seen it.
>>
>>85852522
season: fuck me. episode: go to hell.
>>
>>85852642
>>85852485

The movie is season 10 tier.

Not as great as the classics, but has more life to it than the lifeless Al Jean episodes they had been pumping out both before and after it.
>>
What is objectively the worst episode of the series? Like everything about the episode is terrible. The jokes, the plot, the characters.
>>
>>85840688
Cancer.
>>
>>85840688
>vlog longer than the episode
>with a nasally stuffed-up voice
You don't actually expect anyone to watch this, surely.
>>
>>85839764
I stuck with it for a short while after the movie, but once they "updated" the intro I was out.
>>
>>85852785
The one where Lisa kills a ton of cats and then they write it off at the end by having her get another one that looks exactly like Snowball II, which she then resolves to pretend is Snowball II, which is then hammered by Skinner showing up with an utterly unfunny reference to his origin retcon.

Like, how on earth did they think that was funny?
>>
>>85852944
That's why it's linked to 10 minutes in when the actual brief summary starts, the only part worth watching.
>>
>>85839764
I think the last one I actually went out of my way to watch regularly was the "Tomacco" episode. I'd watch if the commercial looked interesting, but I only ever tried to actually catch the "Treehouse of Horror" eps.
>>
File: george_cheers.webm (1MB, 704x528px) Image search: [Google]
george_cheers.webm
1MB, 704x528px
I never stopped, granted I've never been a huge fan, but the newest season is on Hulu and I have legitimately laughed out loud at many of the episodes. The Lego episode was fucking great.
>>
>>85839928
>Though once I saw the Tony Hawk episode I just finally stopped for good. Hadn't seen another since.

Oh shit, it's like you're me.
>>
>>85840004
The Simpsons peaked on The Tracey Ullman Show.
>>
>>85841177
>These bullets sure are weak!
>POWERFUL weak!

>OH BOY, BUFFALO TESTICLES!

>Heh heh, all for Silas, ALL FOR SILAS!

Simpsons Tall Tales is great.
>>
>>85850697
I'd consider 10 classic-era, there's some damn good stuff in there.

>Homer trying to become the next Thomas Edison
>Really solid Treehouse
>Ship of Lost Souls
>Mr Pinchy
>FOOLISH DINGO, YOU MUST FIND AND DEVOUR THE SEVEN CRYSTAL BABIES
>Mark Hamill just acting up a storm
>That Village of the Damned parody
>Max Power
>Canyonero
>Vincent Price's Egg Magic
>And to drink... meatballs.
>Simpsons Bible Stories
>LE GRILL, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT
>Lil Lisa Slurry
>Stephen Hawking voicing himself
>The Simpsons predicting the theory of a donut-shaped universe
>For many of you, this will mean much less mating. For me... MUCH MUCH MORE.
>KNIFE GOES IN, GUTS COME OUT, THAT'S WHAT OSAKA SEAFOOD CONCERN IS ALL ABOUT!
>It's LOADED with wasabi!
>Your game shows reward intelligence. OUR game shows PUNISH ignorance.
>That Rashomon joke

You can definitely see the show starting to slip, but I'd easily group it in as essential viewing; afterwards, not so much.
>>
>>85851087
That episode was pretty funny, if only for the behind the scenes story about how Justin Timberlake kept telling the showrunners that he never says "word" in response to anything.

So they got him to say the line once and just used that take multiple times, as a joke.
>>
>>85852642
It's pretty good.
>>
>>85850697
Transitional, without a doubt.
>>
File: image.png (123KB, 629x1173px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
123KB, 629x1173px
>>85839764
It was probably right around I got too tired of the numerous celebrity episodes and when Family Guy was filling those voids left by the Simpsons at the same time.

I don't understand how the Simpsons is still on the air, but I'd imagine it will be the American tragedy of the century once it finally has its series finale.
>>
>>85841813
i'm sure homer being raped by a panda while dressed as a panda gave me at least one fetish.

still, not a good episode.
>>
>>85839764
I actually didn't stop watching the Simpsons because of declining quality of new material, rather the opposite. My local TV channel just kept repeating the same bloody episodes over and over and I was sick to death of seeing them. Haven't watched new Simpsons since the movie.

Nowadays I couldn't watch broadcast TV even if I wanted to (I live in a shed) and the Simpsons doesn't seem like something worth downloading.
>>
>>85841068
This one has turned a lot of people off.
>>
>>85851006
>We never talk about this and archives show nothing
http://desuarchive.org/co/thread/78595747/

Fuck off
>>
>>85839764
I stop over a decade ago. The last episode I recall seeing new was Football half time where Homer made a religious theme of Noah and what not that offended the townsfolk
I think it was the same year the wardrobe malfunction but I might be just forcing that in where it was a real snoozer
>>
I watched the episode where Comic Book Guy gets married to that japanese girl cos I was too lazy to change the channel.

When PONPONPON started playing I realised at that exact moment it was time for me to never watch the Simpsons again.
>>
Never started to begin with.
>>
>>85841068
Why is this one so hated? Don't get me wrong, it's super unfunny but it a not even in the top 40 episodes
>>
File: 1468836954952.png (164KB, 320x350px)
1468836954952.png
164KB, 320x350px
I wasn't allowed to watch The Simpsons in the first place
>>
>>85855725
>These kids actually existed
>>
>>85839764

I just watched that episode just to see how low the show has gotten, and holy shit.

That episode was beyond terrible. The entire thing was buzzwords that will be irrelevant 2 years from now, let alone 20.

Also, I haven't actually watched an episode past around season 10, what the fuck happened to Smithers' voice? It sounds so off in that.
>>
>>85854169

>Stephen Hawking voicing himself

doubt that
>>
>>85855731
My parents were puritans, what can I say.

I wasn't even allowed to watch Ren & Stimpy as a kid
>>
>>85850280
>>85850423
>>85850541
I'm sure the then writers knew that it could happen, the show had the momentum of a runaway freight train.
>>
>>85851006
You didn't search all archive for it, dumbass.
>>
>>85855731
Another deprived anon here. It felt pretty bad at the time, not gonna lie. I remember the first time I was allowed to watch an episode, and I laughed at and repeated a swear and my parents basically said "this is why we weren't letting you watch this." I can't recall when they really let up, probably somewhere around 12-13.

I'm now just realizing I wasn't even fucking six when they first let me watch an episode, so it actually wasn't so bad. Must be because other kids were watching it, so it felt like being left out of something normal. I must have been a bit younger than 12-13 probably when they let me watch it regularly, with that in mind. It wasn't like I wasn't allowed to watch any adult stuff. I was watching some episodes of Star Trek or X-Files with them, it was mostly just "we don't want you repeating dirty jokes and swear while you're a kid," I guess.

My parents actually ended up being pretty great compared to how some of friends ended up with their relationships with their parents, so I consider it a good trade overall.
>>
>>85855896
Why? He actually did it for both the Simpsons and Futurama.

Unless, of course, you're making a crack of Stephen Hawking not even voicing himself in real life. Which is an okay joke. Not making me laugh out loud, or anything, but it's funny.
>>
>>85852944
People watch Red Letter Media, so there must a market for that too.
>>
I stopped around season 19. I remember Bob getting a wife or girlfriend and was like "good for him." Then I dropped the show after that.
>>
>>85850697
Season 9 is the transitional period and season 10 is already past the point of no return.
>>
>>85841935

That particular episode for me too. I was about 12 years old when it first aired and it was the first time The Simpsons seemed forced and tryhard to me.
>>
The Halloween episode with Daniel Radcliffe.
>>
I can't stop, anon.
>>
>>85852785
There was this one episode I caught at random called "A Tree Grows in Springfield" and Jesus it has to be the worst episode I've ever seen. There are absolutely 0 funny jokes on it and we just watch Homer become depressed for no real reason (because the roof is leaking?) and then becomes un-depressed when he finds the word "hope" written on a tree. How this cures his depression I have no idea, but it then turns out it was homer who wrote "hope" on the tree in his sleep! The pacing for this episode was also just a complete mess as it bounced between scene to scene without really developing any or connecting them and at one point Homer gets an ipad so you know it's a real trashball of an episode and it really is just one of the lowest effort episodes of The Simpsons I've ever seen.

People like to talk about episodes that make them angry because they mess around with the characters or whatever but just the complete lack of anyone trying to make this episode even passable is what pisses me off. Nobody cared while making this episode, they were just going through the motions and getting it out the door as quickly as possible.
>>
>>85839928
This is the correct answer. "Who Shot Mr. Burns" would also be acceptable, although there were still some good episodes after it.
>>
File: Absolutely Disgusting.jpg (132KB, 1101x714px) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely Disgusting.jpg
132KB, 1101x714px
>>85850146
>Launch break at work
>One co-worker has Simpsons on the computer (one of the new-shitty seasons, of course)
>He's laughing with the worst un-funny jokes I ever heard on that show
>mfw
>>
>>85854169
>referencing the springfield mensa episode with that and not "how many gazebos do you shemales need?"
>>
>>85854169
>Lil Lisa Slurry
The old man and the lisa is season 8
>>
>>85859622
I think at this point we were all like Sideshow Bob when it somes to the newer episodes.
>>
>>85839764
that stupid episode with the marine biologist

that's when I knew that they officially had ran out of fucking ideas
>>
>>85839764

When make a entire about Krusty´s father death when that guy only get 10 seconds of screentime.
>>
After the movie
>>
File: file.png (386KB, 620x368px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
386KB, 620x368px
this episode made me stop
>>
>>85839764

Remember early season are "Money problems affect The Simpson", but they live in that giant house, two cards and electronics?

They are upper class now?
>>
File: s8zLx4J.gif (161KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
s8zLx4J.gif
161KB, 500x375px
Still watch it on a regular basis.
>>
I stopped around the time the treehouse of horror that had the parody of WotW.
I've watched Barthood and it wasnt complete shit but it wasnt good.
The first 8-10 seasons are really good, gets kinda shitty trough 9-10 but still watcheable.
Favorite episodes: Lisa's Pony and the episode in wich Homer gets heart surgery.
>>
>>85839764

>At what point did you stop watching the Simpsons?

Since season 27 now every car and building are 100% CGI.
>>
>>85854250
Celeb cameos started and it became so...tiresome. A chore to watch. I just remember it was about when Family Guy started getting pretty insufferable, too, and I just called it on the whole attempting to watch that shit.

Looking back I remember some old episodes fondly, and remember always trying to catch the couch gag at the beginning. But then it became just... cheap and by the numbers. Throw current event X into the story Y and learn lesson Z.

It was great once, but now it's lost that...contempt? That underlying self-awareness and hint that it loathes the box it exists within.
>>
File: rwt.jpg (53KB, 500x382px)
rwt.jpg
53KB, 500x382px
checked the wiki and it looks like the last episode I watched was season 20s Treehouse of Terror

I made it pretty far I guess, tho I probably never watched half the episodes in seasons 15-20 'cuz I can't recall any of them even looking at the synopsis's
>>
>>85855045
Hold on. You live in a shed?

I mean, I've built some sheds so I know they can be pretty big, but they usually are missing things like a toilet, a sink, a stove...

Why do you live in a shed, bro
>>
>>85840688
Liked his shorter vids better.
>>
File: Not bad.jpg (50KB, 636x480px) Image search: [Google]
Not bad.jpg
50KB, 636x480px
>>85860155
Totally true. Good thing that Bob is one of the best characters of the show.
>>
When it switched to HD, it wasn't my Simpsons anymore.
>>
>>85860155
If I had the knowhow, I would edit a clip of Sideshow Bob crashing the plane into the shack, with "4chan" over the plane, and "FOX" over the shack.

But I don't, so... just imagine I did that.
>>
>>85855045
Quit posting on 4chan, Bubbles, we have to harvest our dope!
>>
>>85852672
GO TO HELL, GO TO HELL, SHUT UP, KISS MY BUTT
>>
File: The_Man_Who_Grew_Too_Much_109.jpg (116KB, 1912x1072px) Image search: [Google]
The_Man_Who_Grew_Too_Much_109.jpg
116KB, 1912x1072px
>>85861492
Yeah but to bad he has fallen in the evil trap of the "Lisa is the best and we should all love her" hole.
>>
>>85850178

Your taste is objectively terrible
>>
>>85852391
People want something to bitch about.
>>
>>85862579

Who would ride in on a bike, announcing their intent to haul ass to Lullapalooza?
>>
>>85839764
When Homer was raped by a panda, I was like 14 or some shit when that aired.
>>
I don't know what season it was, but it had Homer chasing Ned or Ned chasing Homer on stilts.
>>
File: 1457672501353.jpg (22KB, 441x411px) Image search: [Google]
1457672501353.jpg
22KB, 441x411px
>>85839764
>In this episode Lisa befriends Tumblr

That entire episode gave me cancer.
>>
>>85841239
How did you last that long?
>>
I had to look up an episode guide to refresh my memory since it's been so long. I don't recognize any of the episodes in season 17(2005), but I do remember 16, so I guess I stopped there.

I hung on there for a long time after it had gone to shit, I mean it's not like I had an active interest in the show, but it wasn't until then that I couldn't even handle the show for being a mindless distraction.
>>
>>85860329
>I stopped around the time the treehouse of horror that had the parody of WotW.
I thought that was a normal episode.
>>
>>85840673
This always happens, they always have to have males tell females they can't do things.
The thing is, we really don't give a shit.
>>
>>85839764
Puberty
>>
>>85839764
1996, we got Internets instead.
>>
>>85864378
Women can't make a decision without being influenced by a man in some way. They want the plotline to be at least a little believable.
>>
>>85839764
Jeezus that bitch in the lower left corner looks like a cross between a squid (due to her hair) and a tackle-box.
>>
>>85863607
ESPECIALLY LISA
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>85864556
That what pisses me off the most he obviously hates Lisa as much as bart and was advantly saying how much he doesn't give a crap about her but now all of a sudden he kisses her ass? The fuck?
>>
>>85864618
Shh shh, it's okay. Nothing after season 9 is canon.
>>
>>85864702
Plus she ruined his life in Itatly too.
>>
>>85855725
I was never allowed to watch Family Guy, so I grew to resent it. Luckily for me I ended up being right in the end
>>
>>85839764
Around season 15. I watched the Movie, and thought it good overall, but other than that....na.
>>
I still watch the show.
>>85864702
Large Marge will like to have a word with you.
>>
File: Everything is OK.jpg (93KB, 400x306px)
Everything is OK.jpg
93KB, 400x306px
>>85863607
Don't worry... Remember the basics
>>85864702
>Nothing after season 9 is canon.

So, still one of the best.

I had no fucking idea about that bullsit. Seriosly, I even didn't know that Bob apprears in any post-season 10 chapter
>>
>>85855045
I kept watching the same episodes from seasons 1-10 when I was a kid because we didn't have cable and I had no vidya to keep me busy, so every weekend became a nonstop Simpsons marathon
Good memories
>>
>>85864865
Large Marge will like to have a word with you.
>>
>>85842090
References aren't jokes.
>>
The last ep I watched before I just stopped caring about The Simpsons was Home away from Homer (the ep where Ned moves away after college girls run a softcore porn site in his home)
>>
File: ascended to godhood.jpg (24KB, 620x368px) Image search: [Google]
ascended to godhood.jpg
24KB, 620x368px
Can we all have a moment of silence for the loss of the best actor and two best characters on the show
>>
I stopped watching after the shitty episode with all the hipsters from portland invaded springfield.
>>
>>85864914
Seriously, I don't know what is this "Large Marge" that are you saying... nor even care. Sounds something from any shitty-season
>>
File: tumblr_mc4i8yvX9x1r8bc3do1_500.png (269KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mc4i8yvX9x1r8bc3do1_500.png
269KB, 500x333px
>>85865052
Season 14, one of the best episodes of the series.
>>
File: F.png (703KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
F.png
703KB, 1024x768px
>>85864966
F
>>
>>85840534
I dunno about that, some of the earlier episodes (Can't remember episode name or season, sorry) had Lisa doing activist stuff and those episodes were good. The main one I remember is when Homer holds a Hog-Roast and Lisa steals the pig because meat is murder. Or when the stone Angel is found that advertises the giant shopping outlet.
>>
>>85839764
Season 17 probably but hey I was 12
>>
>>85865099
Yeah that was a great episode for 13yo me.
>>
File: Hell no.jpg (30KB, 650x400px) Image search: [Google]
Hell no.jpg
30KB, 650x400px
>>85865099
OK, that chapter...

I have tons of porn and henati, and almost all with big boobs. And that chapters was 100% pure cringe.

Thanks for remember me, why stopped caring from Season 10-11
>>
>>85865147
Now we need Large Lisa.
>>
>>85839764
I have been reading the episode description for season 27 out of curiosity and holly shit it became the Lisa show
>>
>>85865212
That is 100% false and has already been debunked.
>>
>>85839764
>35
>Fucking guest stars
>In a 27 episode season
Is being in the Simpsons a secret part in every celebrity contract they don't get told about?
>>
File: excuseme.jpg (14KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
excuseme.jpg
14KB, 320x240px
>>85865052
I'll thank you not to refer to that season like that.
>>
File: Your retardation is funny.jpg (7KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
Your retardation is funny.jpg
7KB, 320x180px
>>85865253
What a good point you have.
>>
>>85839764
when I left home for college, 11 years ago.
>>
My last episode was the one with Kid Rock.

Should've left way before . . .
>>
I never got to watch the simpsons as a kid, so i never got into it.
Parents always watched whatever when I was a kid, and never let me have the tv. So i always went into my room to occupy myself.
>>
>>85847103

>It's like a dying father: even if he's irritating and incontinent, he raised me into the dental plan I am today. I won't abandon him.

I feel this way about WWE.
>>
File: Great.gif (219KB, 245x184px) Image search: [Google]
Great.gif
219KB, 245x184px
>>85865438
Well played.
>>
>>85839764

Season 11 sometime.
>>
>>85865675

WWE is in a renaissance, the funny thing is everyone says the attitude era was the best, when objectively it killed what wresting was. Sort of like Simpsons and animation I guess.
>>
>>85866499
It's kinda neat and a little creepy how you can see a little glitch silhouette of Cecil there at the end of that gif.
>>
>>85850697
There's no cut off point, I'd say 9-10 are transitional and Behind The Laughter was the finale to the last scraps of classic Simpsons in season 11.
>>
>>85861492
Get off 4chan, Bob
>>
>>85864966
>Andy Dick has guest starred on The Simpsons even after they said they would never ask him.
>>
File: moneymeme.png (134KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
moneymeme.png
134KB, 480x360px
>>85865438
>>85866499
Cecil, Bob stop posting on 4chan and fighting over which seasons were the best.
>>
>>85865052
>Have Sideshow Bob show up in the promo poster
>Not have him in the episode

??? The fuck
>>
>>85844767
Hey look, it's that episode that was never bad.
I can't find this working with any other character than Skinner.
>>
>>85839764
There were a few episodes, but the breaking point was for me the episode where they retconned Homer and Marge meeting in the 1990s with Homer playing in a fucking Grunge band.
>>
File: Run for your life.jpg (116KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Run for your life.jpg
116KB, 512x384px
>>85866897
And stop all that fun?

It's bad enough to know that the Simpsons are extremly bad, due the people who swallow all the shitty seasons, in the most brainless way possible. So... Nope. I'm going to stay
>>
Why are all the men on the simpsons fat
>>
>>85868856
It's social commentary
>>
>>85868921
I always had a feeling that Matt Groning hated men for whatever reason
>>
>>85841310
You sad little fucker
>>
I kinda just jump in and out if I've nothing better to do.
>>
File: thatenough.jpg (37KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
thatenough.jpg
37KB, 512x384px
>>85868819
Amore it's time to stop-a posting on the 4chans again.
>>
>>85853832
You know, I always thought John K's simpsons shorts were dog-shit, but after watching a few TUS episodes I realize that that is actually how the simpons used to be.
>>
File: how to do simpsons.png (23KB, 1319x306px) Image search: [Google]
how to do simpsons.png
23KB, 1319x306px
>>
>>85850058
They arent losing anything at all for quitting the simpsons and playing reruns. In fact, they would gain everything for rerunning the 90s episodes.
>>
>>85855725
For me, my tv watching experience was entirely based on which parent was in the room. My dad let me watch literally anything but when my mom was in it was total lock down mode.
Thread posts: 273
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.