[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Hellblazer Rebirth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 373555._SX250_QL80_TTD_.jpg (27KB, 250x384px) Image search: [Google]
373555._SX250_QL80_TTD_.jpg
27KB, 250x384px
I don't follow DC comics too much to be honest but from what I know rebirth is Dr Manhattan fucking with the time line and basically erasing nu52 and bringing back the stuff from before.

With that said nu52 had our favorite street magician John Constantine. With the hellblazer rebirth title does that mean that were some how put back in the vertigo hellblazer timeline? If so where?
>>
No hes the same shitty PG constantine that was brought in after Brightest Day
>>
>>85839527
>what I know rebirth is Dr Manhattan fucking with the time line and basically erasing nu52 and bringing back the stuff from before.

Wrong.
>>
>rebirth is Dr Manhattan fucking with the time line and basically erasing nu52 and bringing back the stuff from before.

No you got that all wrong, Manhattan fucked with time during Flashpoint and caused the new 52. Some classic elements are repeating in the new 52 timeline but nothing is literally being erased or brought back.
>>
>>85839527
No, Dr. Manhattan created nu52.

It's the arrival of white Wally West from the Speed Force that resulted in people getting memories of their lives back on New Earth.
>>
>>85839527
The reversal is gradual. Wait a couple years for a definitive answer.

>>85840699
Ted Kord and Ray Palmer have been replaced with older selves closer to Pre-Flashpoint,
>>
>>85840715
Wally only restored missing New 52 memories. He has yet to restore someone's memories from the previous universe. He had to tell Barry what happened and, while Barry believed him, he didn't remember anything.
>>
>still havent read Rebirth
Where can I find an idiot's list of all currently released comics?

More importantly, do I need to read the entire New 52 to understand Rebirth? Or can I just read some favorite and read Rebirth?
>>
>No hes the same shitty PG constantine that was brought in after Brightest Day

Oh. That's a shame. I was hoping for a revival of the good stuff.

>
No you got that all wrong, Manhattan fucked with time during Flashpoint and caused the new 52. Some classic elements are repeating in the new 52 timeline but nothing is literally being erased or brought back.

I see. That makes sense.
>>
>>85840764

Just start with Rebirth. You should be fine with most every character except Superman which is where I suggest reading the 8 part Lois and Clark mini
>>
Well Mercury is gonna be a supporting character so we know Delano's run is canon to this constantine's history
>>
>>85840764
>do I need to read the entire [older comics] to understand [current comics]?
No. Anything you don't know will get recapped in the comics themselves or you can intuit from context clues. If you're still confused about something beyond that, then skimming a wiki summary or asking here will get you the answers you were looking for.

This is the case for almost all comics from the Big 2.
>>
>>85840733
Neither of them has been replaced. Time has passed in-universe since they were introduced and they just got a little older.
>>
>>85840879

This. Ted just worked out and cut his hair
>>
>>85840879
It doesn't really seem that way. Atom's wearing his Pre-Flashpoint costume and is a professor, and married and divorced Jean Loring. Ted Kord's implied to have been the Blue Beetle, as highlighted by "Sidelined Superhero".
>>
>>85840984

Was Atom even in the New 52?
>>
>>85840764
No, except for Blue Beetle, but that's looking to be shit anyway.
>>
>>85841192
Pak used him in Batman/Superman but he didn't suit up and was working for SHADE. I don't think giving him a suit or making him teach after that is any kind of reversion though nor would Ted being some low key hero that everyone ignored after his introduction. Both of those are things that could be done off-screen.

If anything Jaime getting reset might be proof, but that might also just be "ignoring a shitty story" than "something caused specifically by Dr Manhattan".
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 728x312px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 728x312px
>>85840841
>>85840876
>>85841275
Thanks!
>>
>>85840741
Not really into DC, just reading this Rebirth stuff out of curiosity. Having a general but absolutely not deep knowledge of DCU, is Wally the only hero guy at the moment that remembers pre-Flashpoint stuff?

Also, liking it so far. But again, not really a DC fan opinion.
>>
>>85840845
If she shows up again except to get killed, I'll be surprised.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.