[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats next Black Batman?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 198
Thread images: 17

File: Batman-Rebirth-Lark-Duke-Thomas.jpg (825KB, 1988x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Batman-Rebirth-Lark-Duke-Thomas.jpg
825KB, 1988x1000px
Whats next Black Batman?
>>
>>85833152
Don't you know making new characters requires hard work and effort something lazy writers aren't going to do
>>
Am i the only one who's okay with this? Batman doesn't need a new Robin. His son is the current Robin and the whole thing is very personal.

If Thomas wants to be a hero, let him be his own hero.
>>
>black Robin
Well that nickname is gonna write itself
>>
>>85833152
, Scott Snyder has said that All-Star Batman is all about Duke and Black Batman.
>>
File: 1472358384208.jpg (54KB, 396x599px) Image search: [Google]
1472358384208.jpg
54KB, 396x599px
>>85833248
, I wouldn't be too surprised if Snyder's just gonna pull a Bendis on us -
>>
>>85833204
>If Thomas wants to be a hero, let him be his own hero.
He wont be his own hero though. He'll be a glorified side-kick for a year or two then he'll be forgotten or killed off.
>>
>>85833248
Gotham Girl marries Duke in the future Duke is Batman..And another 'Batmans dead' thing after he literally just came back?
>>
Nobody cares about duke except for Snyder.
>>85833248
>>
>>85833349
My advice to DC, plz create a Gotham Girl and Duke series co-written by Snyder and King, since they're both hot shot writers I'm sure the book will sell,
>>
Lark is a terrible superhero name.
>>
>>85833376
Yup.
>>
>>85833152
I hate the costume.
>>
>>85833376
Plus, it felt to me that Snyder is still very salty about Duke not being Robin.
>>
I'm not sure how I feel about the twist at the end. Cause we know it can't stick. Gotham Girl said she not only killed Batman and married Batman Duke,
atman has never been this accepting/trusting of super humans and now all of sudden he gave them a chance without knowing how mentally strong they were?
>>
>>85833349
Y'know it's weird but Gotham Girl feels like more part of the Batfamily than Duke.
>>
>>85833152
Snyder had a basic introduction to both Duke and Harper, but I've yet to see their lasting impact on the stories or amongst readers. At the moment, Duke feels forced in the main batman book and all star book . With the few recent appearances , you can replace Dukes characters with batman and the dialogue will read as if batman was talking .

I know it's Snyder's idea that he's trying to shroud dukes with mystery by making him different from other robins and not giving him a title , but honestly I've yet to see anyone give a damn . King has yet to give Gotham girl a proper introduction , but most likely it'll happen in her year one #6. And even then , King was STILL able to provide enough character development to make her an interesting read .
>>
>>85833400
Well there aren't many bird names that world work as a hero name, and he's not allowed to be Robin.
>>
Duke just feels so Small-time like he just isn't believable in this Role as Batman's new sidekick.
>>
>>85833515
They should've went with Skylark, Lark is just way too monosyllabic.
>>
File: 1464961676416.png (133KB, 310x266px) Image search: [Google]
1464961676416.png
133KB, 310x266px
>>85833510
How?
>>
m not sure I need another "Batman dies" story again for quite some time.
>>
>>85833420
But stalking the night in Safety Yellow is a great idea!
>>
ALL-STAR BATMAN made it clear that Batman doesn't want another side-kick or Robin/Batgirl. He has tons of them already.

Batman basically is beginning a trainee program for new heroes. Think of Thomas as the first of a long line of new "Outsiders".
>>
>>85833595
It might have a lot to do with what >>85833514 is saying, you know who she and what she's been through.
>>
>>85833647
>Batman basically is beginning a trainee program for new heroes. Think of Thomas as the first of a long line of new "Outsiders".
I don't want to read more about Duke.F... the political correctness and lazy peoples...
>>
>>85833678
>I HATE NIGGERS
>>
>>85833647
It doesn't matter.
>>
the only people who are crying out for more women and blacks are people who don't read comic books and just want to push their agenda into comic books, ala sodomite green lantern. Just you wait, Superman will be a black bull dyke by 2040 and she will be known as "Empowered female of color", because as you all know seeing less straight white men in any given situation is automaticaly a good thing. Let me guess, Wally has a black dad with white mom? yea.. that isn't a cliche. Anyways, see who it is that made him a black kid, then check his political leanings. 9/10 he's going to be a hardcore leftist.
>>
>>85833647
But why Duke?
What's special about this character?
>>
>>85833659
Most of her interactions with a Bat-character have been Duke though. How can she feel like more of a Batfamily member than him when she's only really dealing with him?
>>
>>85833781
He is Black. everyone see him as the black Batman lol.
>>
>>85833794
Cause she feels more like a permanent addition, she's more memorable and you want see more of her.
I don't get that feeling with Duke.
>>
>>85833781
Snyder pet.
>>
>>85833152

It's a start, but I'm also still campaigning for more characters of color and realistically healthy and plus sized female characters in anime series.
>>
@85833882
Not even worthy of a (You)
>>
>>85833878
You speak nothing but the TRUTH! I agree fully.
>>
>>85833859
>she feels more like a permanent addition
She really doesn't, neither of them feel permanent. Gotham felt more permanent than her and he's dead(?) now.
> she's more memorable
Not really, she's only done one thing worthy of note, killing(?) Gotham, before that she was just "Gotham's hot/cute sister".
>>
King confirmed Batman's death in this interview - http://www.newsarama.com/30684...
"King: Yeah, this comes from Scott Snyder, who's probably going to kill me for sharing this. But he's one of my best friends, and he gave me this great advice. And he got the advice from Grant Morrison, who said, when you're writing Batman, you know, you're going to have a run on Batman and you have to give him a birth, and you have to give him a death. And that's your Batman. You don't own the character. The character belongs to pop culture. He belongs to everyone. The character belongs to everyone's heart.
>>
>>85833991
>she really doesn't
I disrespectful disagree, the disrespect is cause you're being a cunt.
>>
File: Super_JoJo_by_ELJ.jpg (781KB, 941x567px) Image search: [Google]
Super_JoJo_by_ELJ.jpg
781KB, 941x567px
>>85833152
Batman Red and Batman Blue.

They'll have electrical powers.

Even Alfred will be rustled.
>>
>>85834171
How the hell does she feel permanent in any way, shape, or form?
>>
>>85833991
>Gotham felt more permanent
No he didn't, he had a death flag on him since day one.
>>
>>85834225
See I knew you were just a cunt looking for a fight.
>>
>>85833991
>not really
Bullshit. Being a memorable character isn't simply having direct action on the plot but emotional resonance with the audience. Gotham girl's emotional resonance from her being a tragic character.
>>
Duke remains a completely bland character whose only defining characteristic is being black.
>>
>>85834249
>I have no argument so I'll just insult him
Classy.
>>85834343
See, I'd agree if we'd been given time to care about Gotham and Gotham Girl, but everything went to shit for them as quickly as they were introduced so I really can't care.
>>
File: 1468201885053.jpg (901KB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1468201885053.jpg
901KB, 1988x3056px
>ITT : Casuals who didn't read Robin War We are Robin
>>
>>85833152
Seriously?I'm sick of your bullshit too...
>>
He should have been Dicks sidekick, oh wait, fucking Nightwing isn't a thing anymore
>>
>>85833430
If he wanted Duke to be Robin, he would be Robin by now.
>>
>>85834494
He was

The robin gang each had their own Robin's

Duke had Dick
The Italian mobsters son had Damien I think
Joe Chills son had Jason
>>
>>85834385
Pleb opinion desu.
>>
>>85834385
>I wanna be an argumentative cunt
I gave my opinion and I gave my reasons for that opinion.
>>
>>85834519
>Duke and Dick
Has a certain ring to it...
>>
>>85834510
Nope ##DC## says no.
>>
>>85833152
Is this DC's black spider-man?

Where's the outrage? Is it okay when DC does it?
>>
>>85834385
The time spent with a character doesn't really decide if a character is memorable or not. Look at Bobba fett, we hardly spent anytime with him, knew next to nothing about him but he's still a memorable character.
>>
>>85834532
You didn't give a reason for her feeling permanent though, you sound triggered that someone disagrees with you.
>>
>>85834660
I did give my reasons>>85833659
We know who she is and we know what's she's been through, which Is something I cannot say about Duke.
>>
I'll be honest. The WE ARE ROBINS concept was a lot more interesting than Batman just training Thomas Duke as a new hero. Remember Orpheus? Yeah, that's what i thought.

Thomas Duke as a street-level Robin who couldn't care if the Bat-Family accepted him or not and just felt like leading an army of teens like him that want to play hero and do good fit the character a lot better. It was basically Robin, but IN DA HOOD.

Bring back MUH delinquent Robins.
>>
>>85834758
That has nothing to do with he feeling permanent though.
>We know who she is and we know what's she's been through, which Is something I cannot say about Duke.
Then you didn't read We Are Robin.
>>
>>85834859
>you didn't read we are ronin
Very few people did.
>>
>>85834859
It has everything to do with her feeling permanent.
>>
>>85834859
It sucks.
>>
>>85834859
>you didn't read we are robin
No I didn't and I shouldn't need to.
>>
>>85834859
What's the secret formula for a permanence then anon?
>>
>>85833514
Shit. I forgot Harper existed.
>>
DC killing off Batman The problem with many of today's writers is that they try to be too clever with already good material and end up producing something lukewarm.
>>
>>85834410
>reading Kick-Ass ripoff
>>
>>85833781
Because he is black
>>
>>85835018
Then you shouldn't bitch about shit that exists but you claim doesn't
>>
>>85834948
That post literally says she has yet to be given a proper introduction, if anything that says she doesn't feel permanent.

>>85835018
>I shouldn't need to read about a character to be able to understand that character
Oh, so you're just retarded.

>>85835076
There is no secret formula, but you can tell who won't stick, I mean, if Duke doesn't feel permanent and Gotham Girl's future is tied to Duke how long can she really last?
>>
>>85833152
>next
Um.
>>
>>85835104
How can you forget fan-favourite Harper Row? She's better than Cassandra cain!
>>
>>85834410
All that did was set up Grayson joining the Owls. Nothing else happened.
>>
>>85835140
Duke might of have had characterization in we are Robin but he doesn't one as Lark.
>>
>>85833613
You mean like Naruto?
>>
>>85834804
I remember Azrael, and he was never given any training by Batman. Ever.
>>
>>85835175
She is and I can't wait for her to come back, your autistic mute invincible fighter can fuck off
>>
>>85834593
I mean this thread alone should tell you he is starting to get some backlash. If Snyder actually does go through with killing Bruce for him to be Batman then it will go the distance.
>>
>>85835142
That post>>85833514
>King was still able to provide enougb character development to make her an interesting read
That post? The post that says Duke doesn't have any lasting impact? That's the one you're talking about right.
>>
>>85835294
This is exactly what I was worried about after death of the family and then his introduction in end game. Snyder took him to a whole new level and it's like where do you go from here?
>>
I really don't want another Robin. We have four. That's more than enough. Damian should just be the eternal Robin.
>>
Am I the only one who felt very "meh" by this alleged death.
>>
>>85833152
You are now realizing also how bad Snyder's writing is when he was setting up how the Joker is immortal and there was all this proof of it but I guess it was all fake, huh
>>
>>85835323
Especially considering Damian tainted the Robin mantle forever
>>
>>85835322
We Batman Now
>>
>>85835391
Snyder pls.
Dead again? I was done a long time ago cause a $hit like this.
>>
>>85835312
What are you even trying to argue with this post? You've gone from defending Gotham Girl to just shitting on Duke, I don't give half a shit about Duke, and what you're quoting STILL has nothing to do with feeling permanent, being written in an interesting way doesn't mean something will last.

Gotham Girl does not feel the least bit permanent, she's as permanent as Duke is since her future is now tied to his. Are you fucking dense?
>>
Stop killing Batman. It's boring. I'm not going to buy a comic because Batman dies, I'm going to buy interesting stories. I know Batman won't stay dead so the story immediately loses most of my interest.
>>
Is anyone going to accept anyone but Dick becoming Batman again if Bruce dies? Duke will get shit on for two things. Black Batman and not being DickBats
>>
>>85833152
So this is why we get the stupid Blackman.
>>
>>85835425
Killing Damian wasn't a mistake, bringing him back was.

>Dick is the Robin who did better than Batman
>Jason is the Robin Batman failed
>Tim is the Robin that Batman sucessfully trained, but never wanted the mantle
>Damian could've been the Robin that would take on the mantle of Batman, finally

now he's just 'the other one'.
>>
>>85835520
Nope kill him.,Honestly, I think Snyder does not have a clue how to make a good ending. He builds everything up so well, then it just falls apart.
>>
>>85835520
If Damien wasn't still a kid, I think a lot of people would like to see him as Bats.

I liked Gordon's Batman a lot
>>
>>85835520
DickBats is the only Batman for me. I don't even read Bruce anymore, he's boring as fuck.
>>
>>85835538
>Killing Damian wasn't a mistake, bringing him back was.
Snyder pls.it is the comic book version of crying wolf. Nobody listens or cares any more.
>>
>>85834804
This 100x
>>
>>85835575
I'm not defending Snyder, I'm bashing DC.
>>
o, Court of Owls was a bit like The Black Glove, Joker dancing with the skeleton was straight out of Morrison's Batman and Robin (Dr. Hurt), Batman SPOILER "dies" and someone will replace him (Final Crisis and R.I.P)... What next, Batman has a second son?
Even Zero Year felt a bit Morrisonish (in the pop, colorful kind of way).Dead? Yeah, just like Deadpool, just like Wolverine, just like Superman, just like Hal Jordan...Enough already with this tired old plot device.
>>
>>85833204
Batman does not need new anything. BatFam is big enough, hell they even had batwing. THE WHOLE POINT OF REBIRTH IS TO GO BACK TO PRE NEW 52
>>
>>85833515
Is Knighthawk taken?
>>
>>85835538
>>Dick is the Robin who did better than Batman
>>Jason is the Robin Batman failed

Those are wrong tho
>>
>>85833211
he be robbin all night and robbing all day
>>
Laughable.Such events have absolutely no impact any more because they have been done so often and core characters are always brought back. Just the writers getting to live out their wet dream...temporarily and nothing more. Complete. Waste. Of. Time.
>>
>>85835538
I know its an unpopular opinion but I really like Damian
>>
WHO SAID THAT THOMAS DUKE WILL BECOME BATMAN? YOU GUYS ARE SPERGING OUT FOR NO GODDAMN REASON.
>>
>>85835608
That's a great fucking point. I thought love was reintroduced into the universe so we would all get the DCU we know and love instead of more gritty bland stories with new costumes and characters left and right. This is just the New 52 universe with a fresh coat of shit on it. Rebirth couldn't have been an empty marketing gimmick? Or could it?
>>
>>85835687
Well go jack off your brain elsewhere.
>>
>>85835626
No they aren't?

>Dick became his own Superhero with his own city to protect and even led a team of superheros AND rocked the Batman mantle better than Bruce before deciding it wasn't for him

>Bruce literally failed Jason. Like he tried to save him, and failed, and Jason died. It's not hard to understand.
>>
>>85835739
Well, good job protecting Bludhaven.
>>
>>85835476
>being written in an interesting way doesn't mean it will last
Yes it fucking does, that's how Comics work. The cool shit stays and the boring shit fades away. That's the evolution of Superheroes in a nutshell.
>>
Anybody else think All Star Batman is complete crap. God Snyder is such a crappy writer.
>>
>>85835784
I find it funny that there just HAPPENS to be a city worse than Gotham, though I guess Hub City predates Bludhaven at least.
>>
>>85835804
Words to live by.
>>
>>85835739
Like I said those are both wrong, repeating it in a different way doesn't make it true.

Dick wasn't a better Batman except that inside the minds of delusional fans like you.

And Jason failed himself while stuck on a personal quest.
>>
Snyder's Batman run is the same story tweaked in different ways: Villain emerges destroying Gotham, Batman is caught unaware, doesn't know what to do, completely at a disadvantage all the time. If he does get an upper hand then Snyder pulls out something from his ass to keep the plot going. Eternal was red herring after red herring. But a prime example is in this issue when "Batman" goes to extract the fluid from Joker's spine then Joker says blah blah blah it would have failed anyway because magic basically.That's crappy writing.

Honestly you can only enjoy Snyder's writing if it's the first time you've read Batman. No Man's Land did a better job and Zero Year felt like a cheap knock off. Morrison's run was more cerebral and about the characters and what they represent. Morrison was evolving
>>
>>85835476
That post directly contradicts what you were trying to imply with
>if anything that says she doesn't feel permanent
I went up the comment chains and realized you were deliberately misrepresenting what the person was saying.
>>
>>85833152
The Bat Family needs to fucking die. I'm tired of all the fucking partners and sidekicks that keep joining Batman. They might as well call it a Bat Justice League.
Just stop it. No more Robins no more Batgirls no more characters that get a 15 issue one shot to never be seen again
>>
>>85835602
Isn't wolverine still dead?
>>
>>85835987
Old man Logan is around and his female clone is using his name. It's like he never left.
>>
>>85835804
New 52 would like a word with you about that.
>>
File: 1406859091935.jpg (13KB, 421x363px) Image search: [Google]
1406859091935.jpg
13KB, 421x363px
>>85833152
>It's a "minorities = blacks only" episode
>>
Once Snyder finally fucks off, do you think we'll ever hear of Harper or Duke again?
>>
>>85833705
Seriously. Just wish people just come out and say it instead of typing longs sentences and paragraphs full of bullshit
>>
>>85836096
You hardly hear about Harper now.
>>
>>85835804
>The cool shit stays and the boring shit fades away
Bendis confirmed to only write cool stories and nothing boring.

>>85835895
>That post directly contradicts what you were trying to imply
How so? That post neither states or implies Gotham Girl seems permanent, just that she's interesting, and interesting shit in comics fade away all the time. Just look at We Are Robin, a bunch of normal kids playing hero and realizing just how dangerous it is sounds interesting right? Well its fucking gone now. Or look at Vision, that shit's really interesting but it's selling like ass.

Being interesting doesn't mean shit about whether or not something will last long.
>>
>>85834367
More like him being Black is the only thing you see since that's all your triggered racism/autism will allow you to see
>>
>>85836111
Tec 943 she is back
>>
File: Dam....jpg (696KB, 970x1382px) Image search: [Google]
Dam....jpg
696KB, 970x1382px
>>85836094

>It's a "Diversity = Stereotypical Muslims Only" Episode
>>
>>85836143
Well what do you see oh high and might anon?
>>
>>85836034
Nah I like the original and he's dead still
Perhaps probably one of the longest deaths in recent times for An A tier money selling character
I don't read the other 2
>>
>>85836167
Haven't got to Tec yet. Just starting Wondy Rebirth.
>>
>>85836143
Tumblr bls.
>>
>>85833204
Yeah I get that he wants to be his own hero, but the Batfamily is too big as it is.

I wouldn't have mind it if he was like kickass or something and was operating purely solo and normally runs into batman like Gotham and GG was.

But trying to make him a "different" and "better" than Robin while doing Robin things is dumb.
>>
>>85836094
Isn't this the same complaint with every black character, even with Marvel when they have non-black and non-white additions? How many different races of Batman sidekick have we had up to this point?
>>
>>85836094
>anything but niggers
>>
>>85833420

It would be okay if he wasn't so attached to Bats and had his own style of fighting crime.
>>
>>85836174
>>85836204
>Hurr he's black

Literally your only argument here
>>
>>85836094
the Batfamily already has all the other minorities covered

>asian
Cass and Damian
>arab
Damian
>gypsy
Dick
>Jew
Batwoman
etc.
>>
>>85833420
The costume isn't so bad it's the yellow. I think red or blue would look better
>>
>>85836245

>But trying to make him a "different" and "better" than Robin while doing Robin things is dumb.

Batman didn't said that Thomas Duke was better than Robin, or the Robins, just that he wanted to make the whole trainee program better.

Remember that in the Nu52 the whole Robin thing was a trainee program, instead of the various Robins actually being Bruce's adopted kids. They later went back on that.

So Batman now wants to speed things up. Instead of having a side-kick for life, he wants to train independent heroes. That's the evolution of the idea.
>>
Batwoman needs to go away, we already have Babs and Cass but she can go away too.
>>
>>85836326
>Batman didn't said that Thomas Duke was better than Robin, or the Robins, just that he wanted to make the whole trainee program better.
Snyder is a really bad writer,
>>
>>85836313
Black was covered by Batwing already, why not just use one of them?
>>
>>85836415

Fuck off, Damifag.
>>
>>85833152
Can we please stop with this killing of characters crap already Didn't batman die just like one year ago?
>>
>>85836293
And you haven't give yours. You sound pretty triggered.
>>
>>85836448
he wasn't really family
>>
>>85836448

Because writers want to use Luke Fox, AND FUCK LUKE FOX. TERRIBLE CHARACTER! RUINED NOT ONLY THE WHOLE BATWING THING, BUT ALSO THE ENTIRE FOX FAMILY!
>>
Oh look another "NO MORE NIGGERS IN MUH CAPES" thread.
>>
>>85835859
It's funny because you're the delusional fan. Bruce even says something along the lines of "You were better than I was" to Dick.

And Jason didn't fail himself he was fucking kidnapped and tortured by the Joker. Come the fuck one dude.

>Repeating it in different ways
First of all, you can't repeat something differently, that's an oxymoron, secondly, all I did was further explain what I said, because clearly delusional fans like you can't accept any version of Batman that isn't their very own specific one.
>>
>>85836452

Don't know what that has to do with anything, but Batman has never died.

Do you mean when he lost his memory during Endgame? (which was two years ago).

Or do you mean when he was sent back in time during Final Crisis? (which was eight years ago).
>>
>>85833152
Why yes, that seems to be the foreshadow for some type of new Bat family member.
>>
>>85835871
I thought Zero Year was more of a love letter/celebration of Batman and less an over-all origin story. Still, I think it's a great read.
>>
The Joker should set off a bomb that turns all of Gotham black

I'd read that
>>
What is Batman gay and black now?
>>
>>85836561
>lost his memory
because he died, anon.

If I'm correct, it's the first actual time he died. He was actually resurrected by dionsium or whatever it is called. Hate that if you want but he for sure, definitely died.
>>
>>85836536
David was worse
>>
>>85836561
>Don't know what that has to do with anything
He's probably referring to the Tom King/Grant Morrison Quote >>85834314
>>
>>85836681

No, he wasn't. Luke Fox was pure poison.
>>
>>85836536
He's better than Duke
>>
>>85836543
>It's funny because you're the delusional fan. Bruce even says something along the lines of "You were better than I was" to Dick.

Characters used to shill others mean nothing, especially considering there are stories that can be used to be judged

>And Jason didn't fail himself he was fucking kidnapped and tortured by the Joker. Come the fuck one dude.

I see, I was talking with a casual. My bad then, proceed with your headcanon fanfictions.
>>
>>85836780

No. Duke is bland, Luke fucked franchises.

Duke didn't fucked the Robin concept, Duke didn't fuck an entire supporting family, Duke didn't fuck Barbara Gordon in an awful ship.
>>
>>85833204
>If Thomas wants to be a hero, let him be his own hero.
>Literally dressed as the batman logo
>>
>>85836864

That doesn't say much. Red Hood has a Bat logo too.
>>
>>85833152
What did /co/ think of We Are Robin and Robin War?

I liked it quite a lot, Citizens Joining the Fight is my favorite comic book trope.

I don't get how a bunch of below-street-level kids and some cops could take on an entire army of Talons, though, especially when Batman and the Batfam have enough trouble taking them on 1v1.
>>
>>85836816
Palmiotti/Gray didn't really fuck over an entire supporting family. Tam Fox was a supporting character for a version of Tim Drake that doesn't exist and isn't coming back. No big loss there. They created Tiffany and the mom. The only Fox that matters is Lucius and he's fine.

How did Luke fuck over the Batwing concept? Why are you so pissed off that Barbara got blacked?
>>
>>85836913
The court Let them win.
It was only ever about getting Dick.
>>
>>85836930

Tam became a drulling retard, Lucious became a judgmental fucking asshole out of nowhere and the mother became a mess. The whole family was destroyed to create drama, and for what? The stories weren't even good or interesting. Luke was a MMA fighter and a tech genius who fought his high-school friend turned nemesis. Shit was bland.

Thanks to that awful comic Batwing now is in limbo and we've an obnoxious character around, when David was MUCH MORE BETTER.
>>
File: 1458029795711.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1458029795711.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>85836913
We Are Robin was pretty good, and I really enjoyed Robin War.
>>
>>85834410
>That titles
>WE WUZ KANGZ!
>>
>>85837015
Shit maybe we should start calling Damian crowbar because he just rekt Jason
>>
>>85837194
Wayne Power :D
>>
File: 1468201555532.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1468201555532.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
Also, what did you guys think of Smiley?

I liked his character origin quite a bit, and was slow to realize this was the same kid at the beginning of the first issue. It was also cool to see the Jokerz appear in some form, I'd like to see him or them come back.

Kinda weird how he went from being a random wigger to a punk edgemaster. I wonder if the writers had his character in mind the whole time.
>>
>>85837261
I'm not fond of Joker ripoffs in Gotham. Take them somewhere else and have them butt heads with someone else and see if that yields anything new.
>>
File: 1468195139086.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1468195139086.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>85837261
By the way, /co/, I think you guys need to sue someone. This kid is literally you.
>>
>>85836913
>We Are Robin and Robin War
Both weren't very good, especially Robin War.
>>
>>85836536
Luke also fucked Babs, lol.
>>
File: 1469362135706.png (2MB, 1203x1860px) Image search: [Google]
1469362135706.png
2MB, 1203x1860px
>>85837261
He was okay I guess, but I don't think I'll ever like the idea of Joker imitators
>>
File: 1456274983681.gif (186KB, 346x335px) Image search: [Google]
1456274983681.gif
186KB, 346x335px
>make a black robin
>name him Lark, literally means a joke
>>
>>85837261
The art on this final arc was absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>85837596
>Joke
>Joker
oh fuck
>>
File: 414.png (174KB, 1816x501px) Image search: [Google]
414.png
174KB, 1816x501px
>>85837359
more like /v/idya
>>
>>85837662
we wuz joker
>>
>>85833204
The only issue I have is the helmet. Like I dont think you can wear that in any situation especially stuff like tight spaces. It feels like a motorcycle helmet as a costume, characters like hunters and black canary have helmets but they wear masks too. Guess I just feel like he needs more.
>>
File: Damian_Wayne_as_Robin.jpg (56KB, 250x518px) Image search: [Google]
Damian_Wayne_as_Robin.jpg
56KB, 250x518px
>>85833647
>Batman doesn't want another side-kick
Then why dress him in a yellow bat costume?
Snyder, please. Everyone prefers Robin to your shit OC.
>>
People still don't get that at this point this is not the Bat family anymore.

Bruce is building his legacies for the day here retires.
He creates new soldiers, this time here doesn't go through the "Robin" phase, he directly help the guy becoming his own vigilante.
Those soldiers he trains will later when they get older and experienced also get sidekicks, and the cycle will continue. All for the cause.
>>
>>85837459
At this point, who hasn't?
>>
>>85838399
That's why it's bad though, no one likes sidekicks as child soldiers
>>
>>85838064
Recoloring it right now, if you got rid of the eyeholes, you'd think it belong on a Bat-themed Kamen Rider or Super Sentai Team. Now all it needs are sculpted lips.
>>
>>85838514
But sidekicks are child soldiers.
>>
>>85838961
There's a difference between fostering the heroic development of kids who would likely be out on their own trying to fight crime and actively recruiting them to put them in danger for your own crusade.

If you see them as the second option you've missed the point and probably shouldn't be writing any superheroes. Especially not Batman.
>>
File: Paintin'.jpg (395KB, 1988x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Paintin'.jpg
395KB, 1988x1000px
5000 hours later.
>>
>>85833204
Then let him be. Make a new not-Batman hero out of him.
>>
>>85839467
Looks like something Jason would wear.
>>
>>85840246
Or Scarlet Spider.
Thread posts: 198
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.