[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened to Tynion /co/? Pretty much everything he did up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

File: james tynion IV.png (671KB, 701x634px) Image search: [Google]
james tynion IV.png
671KB, 701x634px
What happened to Tynion /co/? Pretty much everything he did up until taking over 'Tec sucked. B&R was... atrocious. But his 'Tec so far? Really, really good and entertaining so far.

What made him good suddenly?
>>
>>85830226
He got to write the fanfic that he wanted to.
>>
>>85830226
You will never believe me, but I was in La Mole Comic Con in Mexico in March, and the dude that was in front of me in the line said to him "Your writing sucks, I have friends in the mexican Cartel and if you fuck up Rebirth I will send them to kill you"
He stopped signing books after that

>Captcha is Cartel
>>
>>85830226
How can one "man" encompass the term numale so well? Good God.
>>
>>85830226
How does he get away with it?
>>
>>85830258
yup.
>>
>>85830226
>'Tec is boring.
>>
>>85830226
>Pretty much everything he did up until taking over 'Tec sucked
Not..really. B&R was a mess, but he wasn't the only writer on that, y'know? Other than that, his backups on batman were good, talon was nice, Constantine was great.
>>
>>85830226
His Batman/TMNT was better than his tec. Even his Constantine was good.
>>
>>85830835
>Not..really. B&R was a mess, but he wasn't the only writer on that, y'know? Other than that, his backups on batman were good, talon was nice, Constantine was great.
Nope
Top 100 Comics: July 2016
Tec is on 26
if one issue goes down the next goes big down .
>>
>>85830859
He's an okay writer when not held down by Snyder or the editorial.
>>
>>85830863
Wow huge drop .
>>
I don't think so,
>>
>>85830863
Oh for f**k's sake, why?
>>
>>85830226
>'Tec so far? Really, really good and entertaining so far.
drop/fall/sink like a stone.
>>
>>85830226
Tec isn't good.
>>
Tec has a rebirth banner and was relaunched. That's all it takes for /co/ to like a cómic.
>>
>It's a Damifag episode
>Again
>>
Don't care much about 'Tec, but I thought his Constantine run was pretty good. Not sure how much of that is because of Ming Doyle though, since he was just co-writer.
>>
>>85830226
B&R was probably bad for a number of reasons, not only him. The weekly schedule, the many writers (many of which were also good but couldn't improve this one bit) and who knows what. Tynion isn't inherently terrible.
>>
>>85832097
Sadly, you're kinda right.

It's obnoxious how much /co/ jerks off over Rebirth when it's mostly completely mediocre. I'm convinced those that say "DC is sooo much better now because of Rebirth" are either Marvelfags who don't know any better or "not muh" DCfags who never read anything from New52/DCYou. Both New52 and DCYou had much better individual comics, even though there were some awful turds too. Rebirth is just mediocre across the line with nothing really standing out.
>>
>>85832130
James you pussY<
>>
>>85832097
Ha Ha You Fucking Loser!
>>
>>85832130
Harper Row.
>>
>>85832225
Deathstroke and New Super-Man are shaping up to be great.
>>
>>85832829
>Harper Row.
This would be horrible...
>>
>>85832130
Damifags kill him and his books.
Tec drops like shit.
>>
>>85830258
That's more-or-less the core concept of Rebirth. Turns out if you let creators do what they want, they put in the care to make a good story. Go figure.
>>
>>85832934
Tumblr pls.
>>
>>85832829
Tynion / has killed itself so..
>>
>>85832949
No.
>>
>>85832934
>Rebirth
>letting creators do what they want
Lel no. They're all so obviously made by editorial it's hilarious. Johns coming up with the stories with every Rebirth writer and meeting with them regularly should tell you all.

Do you think Seeley was the one who wanted Dick to go back to being Nightwing? Do you think the Suicide Squad team having only the movie characters is a coincidence?
>>
>>85832934
F... the political correctness and lazy peoples...I'm firmly convinced that people who constantly throw buzz words around like "diversity" and "tolerance" do so only to make me want to punch them in the face.
>>
>>85832997

Tynion pls.Typical response from someone with nothing intelligent to say.
>>
>>85832934
>Turns out if you let creators do what they want, they put in the care to make a good story.
That's DCYou or Hannah Barbera or upcoming Young Animals, certainly not Rebirth. Evident in King's Batman mostly.
>>
>>85830859
his constantine really wasn't very good though, average at best and forgettable
>>
>>85833122
King claims his Batman is the Batman he wants to write not an editorial/Snyder thing but he is also really loyal to DC and will pretty much always spout the company line.
>>
>>85833062
>I HATE NIGGERS
>>
>>85830226
I disagree. The writing is painfully mediocre, but since it stars the 90's teens of the Batfamily people love it anyway.

The nice art helps, I imagine.
>>
>>85832934
>rebirth
>letting creators do what they want
maybe half the time if they're lucky lol
>>
>>85833883
I don't care about the batfamily. Never have. But I like Tynion's work on Detective comics. I didn't expect to like it this much at all. I do think it has its problems. Re: most characters on the team aren't fleshed out nearly enough. But dude knows how to bring tension and excitement to a comic, especially in the last issue.
>>
>>85832829
Why is it that Duke succeeded in gaining a fa base while "fan favorite" Harper Row did not?
>>
>>85833968
He starred in a kinda-cool book, has a better look, isn't treated like the second coming of Sidekick Jesus, and isn't given an annoying personality.
>>
>>85834054
but he's black
>>
>>85833968
Nobody Like Him .
>>
>>85834220
I like him.
>>
>>85833122
Doyle's office is known to be the least intrusive.
>>
>>85830226
You have to look at everything else he's written

>Batman Eternal. BRE
A weekly series where scripts have to be rushed out the door, with multiple writers filling in a plot that has been stretched out over 26 or 52 issues

>Red Hood and the Outlaws
He inherited a shithole of a mess, and ended up adding to it. That book was unsalvageable

>Talon
Co-written with Snyder, it wasn't bad, just mediocre

>Batman Annuals
Ranged from mediocre to pretty good, co-written with Snyder

>Constantine: The Hellblazer
Co-written with Ming Doyle, is actually good

>Batman/TMNT
The perfect book for him, where writing characters as over-specialized is fine, because the Turtles are meant to be an ensemble group

>Tec
It still has some of his annoying writing ticks, like making most characters overspecialized and one-dimensional, but it's not bad, and at least he doesn't have to stretch a single plot over a year's worth of issues
>>
>>85832934
Actually, there's been more editorial control for Rebirth. Geoff Johns has been going around telling writers what to do with the characters.
>>
>>85830226
I liked his artwork in Batman/TMNT. Recently got the hardcover of it.
>>
>>85837676
Meant to say writing.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.