[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck happened to his JL run?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

>Cap Cold planning on robbing Luthor forgotten completely
>Lena shooting Luthor being handwaved away by Jurgens
>the entire Crime Syndicate is dead
>Metron dead until further notice
>the inclusion of the New Gods led to nothing, no status quo, no book, nothing; at least Lex is a Superman now
>Nu-Monty just gets burned

Why did he just give up when this was like a quarter through? Did he just care that much more about Rebirth?
>>
>Did he just care that much more about Rebirth?

Of course. It allows him to reestablish the status quos he cares about (Wally, JSA, LoSH).
>>
Johns always puts a lot of ideas/future ideas for stories in his writings, and usually only ever follows up on a few things.

It's kind of like having a big kid write comics.
>>
Snyder shit the bed big time on BvS so Johns got promoted out of his writing duties to work on something that actually matters in terms of money.
>>
>>85820871

Yes. You can tell a few issues in to Darkseid War that he'd completely given up on it to write Rebirth.
>>
>>85820871
my guess is a combination caring more about rebirth, and being depressed over not being able to stop snyder and his kino
>>
>>85821203
that promotion happened too late to explain anything OP is talking about, most of his scripts would have been done at that point
>>
>>85821264
yeah but johns could see snyder shitting the bed through the whole process. that's gotta be a downer. to see someone making bvs and being ultimately powerless to stop it because the dude making it is boning someone in power
>>
>>85821264

Restructuring takes place months before it's actually announced.
>>
>>85820914
>Of course. It allows him to leave.
Fixed.
>>
>>85820871
yes honestly

i assume he was to have a book for rebirth eventually, where he could probably follow up on some the ideas, but then he got promoted after wb and snyder fucked up
>>
>>85821324
>to see someone making bvs and being ultimately powerless to stop it

I think Sophocles wrote a tragedy about this.
>>
>>85820871
He's just not a very good writer. No other way to explain it.
>>
>>85820871
A lot of these issues you have aren't relevant to the quality of the run. Only valid argument you have is the Captain Cold thing and Luthor. Crime Syndicate dying were just plot twists and doesn't mean he fucked up his run, same with Metron.

New Gods story wrapped up at the end of his run. Yes, it would be interesting to see what happened to Mister Miracle, but his story and the new gods was concluded.
>>
>>85821327
They never officially announced it, just got leaked.

And Johns was working very closely with the Rebirth creative teams, essentially as a head editor. It was not any movie job taking up his time and distracting him from JL or he wouldn't have had time to do that.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.