[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would YOU have written the ending?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 16

File: avatar-aang.jpg (48KB, 600x545px) Image search: [Google]
48KB, 600x545px
How would YOU have written the ending?
>>
Sokka kept his meteorite sword, no other change
>>
File: tumblr_mq64fpeIAD1s3kq11o1_500.gif (992KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mq64fpeIAD1s3kq11o1_500.gif
992KB, 500x330px
>>85813803
The same.

But introduce much more lore about Lion Turtles on the library episode.

Also, lampshade it on the Beach episode with Zuko and the others. They DO say that the Ember Island has some strange magic that makes people learn about themselves, il they could implying that it had to do with Lion Turtles often visit inglês the place.

I don't mind the rock scene, it fit the theme of the show.

Also keep Zuko and Azula fight the same.
>>
He has to compromise his beliefs for the greater good. i.e: Kill the Fire Lord.
>>
>>85813803
Aang beats Ozai so badly, the guy gets traumatized and refuses to live in the same world where the Avatar lives. He even refuses to leave his prison, terrified of what the Avatar would do to him if he dared.
>>
>>85813803
When Aang beats the firelord and goes back to Katara, he arrives just in time to see Zuko tongue kissing Katara triumphantly, and he realizes he lost his one chance and then he hooks up with Toph.
>>
>>85813803
Either build up the lion turtle more or take him out. It feels way too much like a deus ex machina right now. I vote for take it out so Aang has to make a choice. Maybe he ends up redirecting lightning to kill Ozai to make it almost self defense instead of straight up killing.
>>
>>85813929
this
>>
>>85813803
Anything other than the bullshit Lion Turtle Deus Ex Machina. When every single avatar Aang asks for advice tells him to just stop being a bitch and kill Ozai, and he refuses and has a perfect solution just handed to him out of nowhere, that's just really shitty writing. S3 Avatar was a mistake.
>>
>>85813803
I honestly wouldn't have written much of ATLA the same.
Dropping the whole "lost the Avatar state" thing from book 3 would be a good start, since that's basically the root of the hackery.
Or maybe the Avatar state itself is.

But there's also the issue of Aang's moral struggles just not working for a kids' show.

The finale is just the thing that makes the bad writing obvious, but its issues come from problems way beyond itself. They set themselves up for hackery, they wrote themselves into a corner.

At least Zuko's character arc is still decent, even if I hate that faggot.
>>
>>85814007
>Aang has to make a choice
>or maybe he's actually saved from it by a copout
So just like what we got then.
>>
>>85813929
inglês?
>>
>>85815746
The autocorrect always change my words ending with "ing" into it.
>>
>>85813803
The Lion Turtle lays out what Energy Bending does from the start. The other Avatars don't like it at all. They see it as too much of a risk, but Aang refuses to kill the Fire Lord.

They fight. Aang can't get anywhere near close enough to Ozai to perform the maneuver. Then Rock-Ex-Machina happens and the Past Avatars take control and go on a rampage.

But in the end, Aang gains control of the Avatar state and refuses to let the other Avatars kill Ozai. He does his Energy bending thing and succeeds. Says something about "I'm not just the Avatar, I'm the Last Airbender, and you will never kill our culture."
>>
>>85813918
This.
>>
File: kmkl (144).png (55KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
kmkl (144).png
55KB, 217x190px
>>85813929
>>85816202
Combination of these is perfect.
>>
the ending would be the same but i would end the story with a movie about zuko finding his mom

for legend of korra i would have korra ending up with brolin
>>
>>85813803

I wouldn't have changed the ending.

I would have made the Spirit Bending foreshadowed a bit more throughout the series. Like, even some small things like seeing some obscure old drawings in a temple depicting someone pulling "something" out of someone.
>>
Its actually incredibly easy, even if you aren't allowed to edit the past. Just put the focus on aang's strugle and don't mention the turtle at all.

Just have Ozai chained in the rocks like before. Have Ozai taunt him saying he won't kill him, then Aang flashing back to what the avatars were saying.

Aang refuses saying there has to be another way.
He than proclaims that he is the avatar who can bend all elements. Proceeds to energybend. After losing his bending Ozai demands to know what he did. Aang tells him that the avatar can bend the human soul.

It would feel like a small asspull but it wouldn't feel like a shitty deus ex.
Put the focus on what the scene should of been. Aang absolute resolve not to kill. The fact that they have the lion turtle show up and try to explain their asspull is what makes it completely retarded.
As long as they make us desperate for aang to win, and give a satisfying, short answer (the avatar being able to bend all elements including the soul or whatever) and not only would it work but it would work great.
>>
>>85819084
>aang comes up with the perfect solution in the heat of the moment for something as difficult as bending a person's spirit
>not worse than being taught it by lionturtle
nah it's just as bad my friendo
>>
>>85813803
I swap Korra and Aang.

Korra's story is now about learning to overcome her guilt, her anger, and her hatred of the people who wiped out her tribe. Eventually growing enough as a person to forgive herself and forgive Zuko. Choosing not to kill the Fire Lord is now the conclusion of that character arc and becomes about Korra having grown enough to choose what's ultimately the greater good over satisfying her desire for revenge.

Aang's story is now about learning that non-violence and the magic of friendship won't solve every problem, his idealism and pacifist beliefs running against a harsh reality that some people can't be reasoned with, that sometimes you have no choice but to fight and stop those people, whatever the personal or moral cost.
>>
>>85816202
Truly we have become The Last Airbender*TM by Nickelodeon.
>>
>>85819429
>aang /ss/ with asami
>korra brown loving with katara
nice...
>>
>>85818148
They foreshadowed the Lion Turtle somewhere in the middle of Season 2 or 3. They knew where they were going with it. But I agree, they should have made it more apparent for us viewers so that it didn't feel like something they just dropped on us.
>>
>>85819084
I like the feeling of it, but I probably would've played it less serious than that
>Aang refuses saying there has to be another way
>Proceeds to energybend
>Ozai demands to know what he did
>Aang looks at his hands in disbelief and can't explain it because he literally does shit he has no clue about all the time in the series

>jump ahead to Korra, specifically the avatar Won episodes, have people piece it together from there how the element masters can take people's bending back from them
>>
>>85819484

I am not saying they didn't foreshadow it, just that they should have foreshadowed it more.
>>
>>85819464
>Awesome big sister/little sister relationship with Korra and Katara
fixd

... but yes, keep the /ss/ lewds
>>
>>85813803
instead of taking away his bending, Aang preserves him in an iceberg that won't thaw for a hundred years
>>
>>85813803
How far back can I start rewriting? Energy bending should have been foreshadowed more clearly throughout the show. Okay, yeah, lionturtle statues show up sometimes. They don't actually hint at anything besides the existence of such a creature, and say nothing about their ability to grant this kind of power. The Avatar state should have been unlocked by a choice Aang makes, not getting raped into a wall, and the "battle of wills" aspect of energy bending should have been really played up while Aang was doing it. In fact, I'd say it was worth sacrificing some of the Dragonball Z antics to make time for that. I don't think any of this would change the events all that much, just frame them better.
>>
>>85814007
This sounds right. The ending was good. The build up to the ending was poor.
>>
>>85819385
much better. With the lion turtle the focus is how retarded it was because he is just a plot device.

However, aang being able to bend all elements has a fundamental basis in the show. Not to mention it makes aang feat that much more incredible because he didn't even know whether or not he could do it.
>>85819496
I agree with making him look at his hands with disbelief but there is no way they could end the series without explaining that. Even if they knew they would get a sequel, that would be shitty to leave it unexplained until Korra 2nd season comes out.

Just have him in disbelief that he could actually do it. Then have him say he must've bended his chi or something.
>>
>>85819464
How would Sokka feel about Korra? Would they get along? Would he want to tap that?
>>
>>85813803
Have Aang resolve to kill Ozai at the outset, but when it comes down to it, he just can't. He's beaten Ozai and wrecked his forces and feels that's good enough.

Ozai tries to attack him from behind when Aang turns his back on him and Aang's Avatar state flares up again. The two of them hit one another with everything each one has and Ozai begins to (literally) burn himself out. Aang regains enough self control to beg him to stop, and Ozai doubles down, eventually incinerating himself.
>>
>>85813803
What would you think the reaction had been if he actually did just kill Ozai?
>>
>>85819861
he's supposed to be goofy and uses his goofy charms and bravery to get his sluts
so I think she'd just friendzone him
>>
>>85820531
Yeah, Korra doesn't understand humor because being raised in isolation gave her autism. Although her backstory would be totally different so who knows.
>>
Aang pours some of his spirit in to Ozai. Ozai leaps backwards, delivering a final blast and... its air! Aang giggles as a burst of air washes over him. Ozai is an airbender now. He is inexperienced and gets easily defeated. He is shamed. Aang has unlocked the power to infuse airbending and rebuild his people. Everyone wins! Yaaay!
The end.

Also Zuko + Katara. Fight me.
>>
Ending was already fucked by worse writing level of season 3.

Season 3 had terrible pacing (especially compared with pitch perfect season 2) with numerous pointless filler diversion, false starts.

Proper building up for the finale and prepping for Aang's didn't start before literally the last episode, in Souther Raiders.

Still, the execution with what they had was amazing.
>>
>>85813929
>visit inglês
>tfw I spotted my fellow huelian because of autocorret
>>
>>85813803

Pretty much this >>85813929

As long as you introduce or hint at Lion turtles and/or the existence of 'energy' as a force, then the ending we got would be perfect, but as it is, we only got all the information at once right before the finale.

Still an ok ending in my opinion, just they could have been more subtle in leading up to it.

Feels like the closest thing we get to energy bending before that turtle episode is the idea of lightning re-directing, because you're moving the energy throughout your body, but yeah, it's not really enough.
>>
I would have made Aang get way stronger after the failure in the day of the black sun. The second half of season 3 felt weird because they were painfully close to the fight with Ozai and Aang didn't look like he stood a chance. This basically made me sure that there would be a Deus Ex.
>>
>>85820839
>Fight me
Taco Bell, 3am - be ready anon
>>
File: 1462943399728.jpg (132KB, 750x585px) Image search: [Google]
1462943399728.jpg
132KB, 750x585px
Azula wins the war, replaces Ozai, and leads the world into a glorious future. The archaic Avatar is killed as well as the backwards snow peasants and rock eaters.
>>
>>85821329
I'll be there, in traditional Airbender pants.
>>
File: said it.jpg (12KB, 304x166px) Image search: [Google]
said it.jpg
12KB, 304x166px
>>85816202
>"I'm the Last Airbender"
Way to work it in at the last minute
>>
>>85813803
Aang pulls a gun out to win and caps a motherfucker.
>>
File: gordon.jpg (38KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
gordon.jpg
38KB, 640x480px
ok, so hear me out on this one:
Aang chains up Ozai just like he's already done
Then he rock bends a big old column of air, rock, fire and water
He sends it plummeting towards Ozai's heart.

At the last minute though, it changes direction. The Elemental spire is no longer going to be the killing blow

Instead, Aang takes the pillar and rapes Ozai with it
>>
>>85813803
Deus Ex Rock

Change that shit to fucking up a lightning redirect, lightning jumps through his scar he got from Azula that was said to be a bunch of pooled up energy, the lightning clears the flow and unlocks the Avatar State for Aang. It got locked by lightning and now it's unlocked by lightning, it's like fucking pottery.

Deus Ex Lion Turtle

Change it to a really old past Avatar that Aang has gone through a lot of trouble getting to that mentions it may be possible to remove someone's bending. Don't call it energy bending that's dumb, keep it linked to how the Avatar is master of all 4 elements and the Avatar may remove them as well. It's a risky strat, play that up, not many Avatars have risked it because the possibility of corrupting the Avatar is too great a risk for little gain in many of their eyes, therefore most have forgotten about it. Aang chooses that hard path and manages to pull it off.

Keep the Lion Turtle as the meditation spot if you want, he's pretty cool but just leave him as a super spiritual link to the past that allows Aang to call up the first Avatar or some shit.
>>
>>85813803
Aang dies
>>
>>85813803
I would make a villain that is a total genocide and have the power to extinct humanity + he is a energy bender.
I'll make him find a way to create a portal that allow him to travel only in the times where a avatar is present in that timeline and obivously make him mess with history and making "glitches" in history.
aang will see this and try to stop him from destroying humanity and get in korra timeline where he finds her and help her.
make aang and korra grow close emotionally as they try to stop this villain from destroying the existance itself.
make them have a epic gainax/stardust crusaders adventure and develop pure love for each other.
then they find him and have an epic battle where he near kill them with all of their friends.
eventually they find a way to defeat him by doing something similar to genkidama and fucking vaporize him for good.
then everything starts to return to normal but...it's seems that at last moment the villain split the timelines of aang and korra in 2, making the future of the 2 worlds uncertain and new but they don't know that.
so...to return "everything back to normal" and for "the goodness of the worlds" they will have to go back to their respective timelines.
obviously aang and korra make it seem that it was a good adventure and say their goodbyes but in the inside they were heartbroken.
with an uncertain future and with both of their heart broken, they will have to deal with the "emptiness" and "meaningless" life now.
>>
>>85823564
>Change that shit to fucking up a lightning redirect, lightning jumps through his scar he got from Azula that was said to be a bunch of pooled up energy, the lightning clears the flow and unlocks the Avatar State for Aang. It got locked by lightning and now it's unlocked by lightning, it's like fucking pottery.
Actually that sounds just as bad if not worse. Especially since that shit killed him the last time.
>>
>>85813942
This. Even his prior selves were telling him he'd probably have to do it. And it would be a good lesson for the kiddies that sometimes you don't get what you want when you do the right thing.
>>
>>85820128
>Ozai tries to attack him from behind when Aang turns his back on him and Aang's Avatar state flares up again. The two of them hit one another with everything each one has and Ozai begins to (literally) burn himself out. Aang regains enough self control to beg him to stop, and Ozai doubles down, eventually incinerating himself.

Gohan vs Cell kinda did this.

I love it.
>>
Ty Lee and Mai don't get thrown in jail, team up with the Gaang. Ty Lee unfucks Aang's chakra in time for the finale. Aang learns more about chi and chi blocking from this.

Fast forward to the final fight, Aang can beat the Firelord but can't keep him down. Ozai taunts that he will need to be killed for the war to end. Aang in desperation uses chi blocking + Avatar State put a permanent block on his bending.
>>
>>85813803
Zuko redirects Azula's ligthning successful if only because it always annoyed me at how much of a fuck up he was after all the effort to learn that shit and then drop the ball when it was most important.
>>
>>85813970
They were ideal for eachother on that episode with the moose-thing, also, Toph should have beat the shit out of Ang.
>>
>>85813803
Defeat the Firelord but he escapes, break the Fire Nation army. Liberate most of the world. The remains of the Fire Nation army sent fleeing back home from uprising local populations, and the injured and exhausted Firelord returns to a different rebellion in every corner of his own country. Aang leaves the Fire Nation to decide its own fate.

The Firelord dies in battle trying to put down the uprisings, Azula is sent to the corner of the map with no political power or options left to her.
Zuko reunites the country, but concedes power to a republic government so by the time of Korra they are influential but hold little actual power.
>>
>Lion turtle and energybending hinted at in both prior seasons
>Aang takes away Azula's bending after realizing she's most likely broken beyond repair
>Shot of Iroh caring for the depowered Ozai who has become Korra level bedridden
>Final shot is Team Avatar hanging out on a boat with Sokka missing before he emerges wearing a makeshift diving outfit with the space sword
>>
>>85813803
I would've ditched the Lion Turtle entirely, and had Ozai accidentally die during the combat. I would've made him even more powerful, so powerful in fact that he cannot control his power.

Ozai is winning clearly, but Aang simply refuses to fall. Eventually during the fight, Aang has a chance to kill Ozai, but doesn't. Aang's percieved cowardice causes Ozai to wipe everything out around them, which then causes him to die in the rubble he created.
>>
>>85813918
>>85813929
this

all that was needed was more hints so it doesn't seem like a lion turtle ex machina, and sokka loosing that sword was stupid. he should have just lost his boomerang
>>
>>85813803
Aang take away Ozai bending and spared him. BUT as Aang turn his back, Ozai pull out a hidden knife and rush to stab him. Katara blocked it and died. Aang in rage killed Ozai.
>>
>>85829598
>Ozai pulls a knife out from his baggy, pocketless pants and rushes Aang while Katara sprints across the globe, uses her GPS to pinpoint Aang's exact location, climbs up that giant-ass rock pillar, and instead of using her magic water powers jumps into a knife, all just before Ozai actually clears the 10 foot gap between himself and Aang

Brilliant. Put it in print, we'll make millions.
>>
Ozai kills himself out of spite when Aang takes away his powers, with the parting words "What happens is on your head" and Aang is forced to watch as the former fire nation territories are turned into destitute slums and the former soldiers are executed
>>
>>85829753
A man is always born with a sword that only harden when in danger
>>
>>85826309
Ty lee teaching about chi blocking would be much better than lion turtle
Then again, them not getting thrown in jail would be awful, since it serves the plot.
>>
Foreshadowing or not the lion turtle and energy bending is just awful.

It robs the moral dilemma of all it's weight. There has to be consequences. Either Aang kills Ozai and it's own his conscience or he doesn't and Ozai is dethroned but still powerful.

Energy bending is just a lame way to let Aang not dirty his hands but still get his way in the end.
>>
File: Ozai.png (225KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Ozai.png
225KB, 720x480px
What if Ozai keeps his powers but is too exhausted to muster a flame after his battle with Ang. So he accepts defeat for the moment, biding his time telling Ang he's to strong to be held prisoner.

Ang leads him back in chains unsure if what he did was right and when he gets back to his sides forces an arrow suddenly flies into the fire lords head as Ang watches in horror as some pissed off Earth or Water tribesman (doesn't matter) finishes the job by murdering the villain in a rage.

As the killer is arrested he yells out to Ang about how his hole family died because of the fire nation and that it was the Avatar's fault for not being around to stop him and that he should have killed Ozai.

Ang is left shocked unsure of himself and the series ends with him questioning his morals vs his duty still instead of the saccharine mess we got.

you could even have Ozai get in a last word dying as he calls Ang a coward with a smile on his face.
>>
>>85813803
Aang beats the firelord with the training he has received, not with the bullshit power he had access to all along triggered by a chiropractor rock.
>>
>>85826591
her teaching method was to yell at him and take his staff and bag of nuts. I have to wonder what she'd treat him like in a romantic relationship
>>
>>85813803
Just have more lead in to the turtles.
>>
File: groucho-marx-03.jpg (38KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
groucho-marx-03.jpg
38KB, 300x360px
>>85830306

That pretty much sums up my last three relationships as is
>>
>>85830358
she yelled at you and stole your nut bag?
>>
>>85829810
In this scenario Ty Lee and Mai would still betray Azula, leading to her breakdown. If they went to the fight between Zuko and Azula I feel it would also enhance the situation (and give Azula a reason for abandoning the agni-ki and going after a non-combatant). Just imagine if Zuko took a lightning bolt meant for Mai, and then instead of the Katara solo it was Katara, Mai and Ty Lee triple teaming a power mad Azula.

Ty Lee could still befriend Suki and be a Kyoshi warrior after.
>>
I would have honestly had one of the other gang kill the fire lord. Thus robbing aang of one moral dilemma but giving him another one. I probably would have made it Katara who should have helped him over Zuko with azula.
>>
>>85813803
>Lion Turtle appears earlier
>Aang has to give up his bending in order to spirit bend.
>Or he spares the firelord but he keeps his powers and has to be taken to a maximum security prison ala Red Lotus people begin to turn on him since he has to defend the firelord from assassins and constantly risk a fire nation civil war for the sake of his personal beliefs.
>Or in Korra they make a bigger deal about evil spirit benders like Amon popping up. As a consequence of his spirit bending vanquishing someone evil the world balanced it out by granting it to those with impure hearts, this is essentially what happened in season one of Korra, but it's given an expanded explanation.

Either way the main theme as that actions even something as good as sparing a life have consequences. The lack of that from the original series was my biggest problem with the ending.
>>
>>85821694
Pants are an illusion, and so is death.
>>
I would have had Toph go to help Zuko instead of Katara, otherwise it would play out the same but this way worst girl gets beaten up by best girl
>>
File: the end.png (829KB, 1341x601px) Image search: [Google]
the end.png
829KB, 1341x601px
Why would you rewrite it when its already perfect?
>>
>>85830368

Yessir, she did
>>
>>85813803
Aang tears open a hole into the spirit world and tosses ozai in.

Ozai stumbles around confused for a second before he sees a giant centipede coming right for him. He turns to run and he is face to face with Koh and we see him show fear.

Then never show what happens to him after that.
>>
>>85830470
>I would have honestly had one of the other gang kill the fire lord

Sokka would make the most sense, Toph would also be acceptable. Katara doing it would only be for the drama, she didn't even kill the guy in Southern Raiders.
>>
>>85830592
eh, some people felt that the Lion Turtle thing came out of left field, it was a good ending but hey recommending improvements is probably the most constructive way of discussing the good and bad points of a piece of media
>>
File: 8645345436.gif (3MB, 326x237px) Image search: [Google]
8645345436.gif
3MB, 326x237px
>>85830623
who gave you permission to reply to my post?
>>
>>85829843
I kind of agree, but I've thought a bit about this. Energy bending is a battle of wills. It was only a valid option BECAUSE Aang is a stubborn pussy. If he were any less adamant and any less sure about sticking to his principles, trying to bend Ozai's spirit would have killed him. Or something. They kind of rushed through the mechanics of the whole thing, but I'm not trying to prove all of this is well-written, just that energy bending wasn't necessarily a copout. It was just conveyed really poorly and no real time or weight is given to why it's a big deal Aang can do it successfully or even at all.

The important idea is less about whether or not to kill Ozai, and more about Aang taking some control of his destiny. He'd kind of been pushed around by the universe up to that point, and everyone from his friends to his internal murder geezers were pushing him to decimate Ozai's ass. But Aang felt very strongly against that, and, since it had been shitting on him pretty hard, the universe cut him a deal: he could win AND stick to his principles, but it would be significantly harder than just frying the dude with lightning real quick. This led to a long, drawn out battle where there was no clear way to win until the deus ex rock (which was stupid but outside the scope of this post). At that point he wasn't in control. He was hopped up on the pain and anger of a thousand angry geezers who would have quickly finished Ozai off, but it was Aang himself who stopped them from delivering the killing blow. That showed the strength of his willpower; that he was so dedicated to his principles that he could put the brakes on a full rage mode Avatar state, something he'd never done before. At this point he proved he was ready to do the battle of wills with Ozai. Aang was able to fulfill his destiny, but on HIS terms.The real enemy the whole time was the universe that killed his people and tried to make him murder folks, and he gave it a big, arrow-painted middle finger
>>
>Aang binds ozai to the rock
>Suddenly the air around it is filled the previous avatars all staring at him
>They "judge" Ozai and sentence him to death
>Aang refuses and leaves the avatar state
>Demands that Ozai leaves the fire nation and never returns
>Aang turns to leave when ozai breaks free and throws lightning at him
>Aang turns back and redirects it directly into him
>Ozai dies and Aang realizes what he just did
>Very subdued ending with Aang having to overcome the fact that he just killed someone
>>
>>85816202
I like this idea.

To expand on it, what if we're first introduced to the whole "taking away someone's bending powers" thing by having it happen to Aang for some reason? And he has to go on a mini-quest to get it back. Then when it comes time to fight Ozai, he thinks about doing something similar to him to take away his firebending powers. But he learns about how spiritbending is how the Avatar connected to the human world to begin with, and to take away Ozai's powers he'll have to connect their spirits together in the same way; if his will isn't strong enough, he could end up giving Ozai all the powers of the Avatar.
>>
>>85830611
How about instead, Aang tears open a portal in time and flings him into the future where his evil is LAW.
>>
I would like to have had Aang remain locked out of the avatar state however the times of various events are arranged differently which makes it possible that after they've done their missions the whole of team avatar show up to help him fight Ozai
>>
>>85830666
The one problem I have with Aang killing the fire lord at the end is there's no real time to reflect on that. He sure as hell isn't resolving the feelings he'd have about it in the last 5 minutes. I guess Iroh could give him some wise words about the importance of sating your bloodlust sometimes and then he can go make out with Katara and everybody has a happy ending.

Aang would make out with Katara btw. Not Iroh.
>>
Ok that would be that.

But how do we fix LoK?
I would start with the setting and make it a little bid less advanced. Yes they started to invent steam stuff in Last Airbender but they would not have radios or mechs. It would also help Amons claim if a lot of this tech still function only with benders and there is only a slow evolution away from it. This way he would be given realistic support that benders are a class higher to operate all this stuff.

Airships are fine though. There can never be enough airships
>>
File: battleready05.jpg (245KB, 800x978px) Image search: [Google]
battleready05.jpg
245KB, 800x978px
like this
>>
>>85813803
Zuko kills the Firelord when he had the chance.
>>
>>85813803
Aang and Zuko work together to kill the firelord.

Zuko becomes new firelord and makes peace with the other kingdoms, fast forward a few years and Toph ends up with Sokka who go back to the water tribes to be great warriors together, Zuko and Katara end up together and reside at the fire kingdom, and Aang forms a new air temple. Azula is kept in a cage.
>>
>>85813803
So my main thing is that the show seems to believe the problem posed by Ozai is solved by him being dead or losing his bending. I don't see why he couldn't be apprehended like Azula was

>Rock-ex-machina was the only way to get out of THIS corner they wrote themselves into; keep it. But have Aang convince the other Avatars to jail Ozai. I'd be fine with one of the past Avatars knowing metal bending at this point.

>Sokka keeps his sword that he barely got to use

>Zutara

Honestly the absolute best case scenario would have been a season 4 to resolve the plot ends the comics did like Zuko's mom.

I agree with this anon >>85821121
they either needed to push the finale further or start building it sooner, but I feel they wanted to show us the Fire Nation a bit.

>>85830666
Goku vs. Frieza?
>>
>>85830671
Now, the fool seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Korra..."
>>
File: shitposting doku.jpg (13KB, 162x169px) Image search: [Google]
shitposting doku.jpg
13KB, 162x169px
>>85813803
More memes.
>>
>>85831492
>I don't see why he couldn't be apprehended like Azula was

Because he's the leader of a fucking country who would go to war to free him and also he's an extremely powerful bender that could probably get free on his own. Azula was only able to be captured after going completely insane and renouncing all her authority by banishing everyone.
>>
>>85831663
If Fire Nation wasn't subdued by their leader being captured then their leader being stripped of his title and powers shouldn't cause them to cool off either.

Fact of the matter is either scenario works and neither would have resulted in eventual uprising.
>>
>>85830666
And then Ozai is captured by some rogue Fire Nation neo nazis and rebuilt as a cyborg. He goes back and tries to take vengeance upon Aang by slaughtering some innocent people with his newly found neo-firebending nazi crew, while he awaits his arrival; but to his surprise a mysterious young boy with a staff comes in and tries to stop him. This boy comes in and defeats every single member of Ozai's new crew in a single second. Ozai thinks it's a mediocre display of skill and not even worth fighting. Ozai states that in his new and improved form, he still has the power granted to him from the comet. The two begin to fight, and Aang is brought up. Ozai asks if they are friends, the boy denies this and says that he's just a fan and has never met Aang. The boy tell Ozai he made one vital mistake, and that being that he thought Aang was the only only one with the Avatar state. This young boy also activates the avatar state, which triggers Ozai's ptsd and he gets pissed and starts shooting massive fire balls at the boy. Thinking the boy is dead, Ozai laughs and monologues, until suddenly the boy dashes out of nowhere and slices him in half with the staff.

rate 10/10.
>>
>>85814501
The past avatars never specifically said 'kill Ozai'
>>
>>85813803
I'd probably have gone for everything up to the rock. Instead of bending Oozai's spirit to take his bending he should've pulled Oozai's mind into the spirit world and let his soul be trapped by the people he'd murdered.
>>
>>85813803
Mostly the same, execpt I'd have Sokka pairing with Ty Lee instead Suki.
>>
>>85830667
The question is, where would we fit that mini arc in? The series is already jam-packed with other plots and arcs. If we add in a mini arc about Aang losing his powers, then it'll feel very cluttered indeed.

Probably a safer middle ground is to just introduce the concept of "Spirit Bending" earlier on. Maybe Ty Lee has some version of it? She sees spiritual energy but just thinks it's auras. Or maybe a Spirit like Wan Shi Tong could just mention it offhandedly.
>>
>>85813929
>random convenience fits the theme of the show

Que?
>>
Same ending except Azula sees that her father is nothing more than a power hungry tyrant and she redeems herself by being Zuko's number one weapon.
>>
>>85835253
nah, the only correct character to pair with Ty Lee is the Kyoshi warriors
>>
I'd find a way to squeeze in Zuko's mom.
>>
>>85839998
I'd like to squeeze in Zuko's mom too.
>>
Zuko turns out to be a huge faggot, I mean likes taking it up the ass by the EBC, not just a bitch (which technically taking a dicking is bitch mode).

They have to breed Azula, because Zuko is too busy have gay Earthbending cuck orgies. They make Sokka do it. Their kid will be the next Firelord after Zuko.
>>
>>85840345

This is a stupid idea. The worst in this thread.
>>
>>85813803

Make Sozin's Comet happen to also boost the Avatar's abilties. Unfortunately, Ozai is a prick and ends up overusing his power, causing him top more or less burn up. Aang tries to help him but Ozai refuses the help, saying he would rather die than accept the help of such a person as Aang.
>>
>>85840716
it did also boost Aang's firebending, he opens the fight with a fireblast much too large to be normal, he just doesn't have as much experiance with fire as the others so uses it less
>>
>>85820839

Alright, listen to me you Zutara shipping piece of shit. If you go any further with your piss stained pubic hair you call a wig, I'm gonna wreck your shit so hard you won't even be able to walk with your limp dick! I'm gonna shove my foot so far up your shaven perfect little ass that your breath is gonna smell like shoe polish, then I'm gonna take that little anal bead on your belt, and push it in your face! I'm gonna flagellate you with my fucking beard! I'm gonna build you a pair of runic mechanical balls, and use surgical precision to sew them to your groin where your manhood ought to be just so that I can kick them with my iron fucking feet, you twat!
>>
>>85823558
>>85813945
A combination of these two.
>>
Why didn't the other nation leaders string up Ozai?
>>
Aang would have straight murked Ozai and then became a badass
>>
Aang seeks out the Lion Turtle guidance. It doesn't just show up at his doorstep to help him.

Also propose risks to spirit bending. Like when Aang is depowering Ozai and the internal "red vs blue" struggle we as the audience should be aware that if Aang loses it ends up destroying the Avatar forever or something.
So we see that instead taking the easy way and just killing Ozai, Aang takes the risk to retain his values.

That's it. Chiropractor rock is completely fine.
>>
File: 1472392526087.jpg (181KB, 1552x872px) Image search: [Google]
1472392526087.jpg
181KB, 1552x872px
>>85837851
>world and destiny helping the avatar bringing balance to the world

>not fitting the show

Its not like being hit on a big spot on the back during a massive fight is actually improbable or unlikely

People who don't notice that Avatar is a wuxia style eastern fairy tale, that follow their rules and principles since the beggining, are plebs.
>>
>>85813929
>>85821151
>not setting your keyboard to English when typing English
>>
File: magick.png (206KB, 311x339px) Image search: [Google]
magick.png
206KB, 311x339px
>>85845137
Many people commit the mistake of thinking that Avatar work like Game of Thrones, when it is actually closer to Lord of the Rings. It is idealist, it is fantastical, it has objective good and evil, as well as balance and etc.
>>
>>85816202
woooooah man that sent chills to my spine 10/10 best ending
>>
>>85830666
reminds me of ending of spiderman 1 lmfao
>>
Probably have removed some filler episodes in S3 like The Painted Lady and give one or two more episodes for Zuko in Aang's group.

Energybending is gone. Aang should accept what Yangchen told him. That doesn't mean Aang necessarily needs to kill Ozai; beat him to a pulp, have Ozai destroy himself in the hubris of his own power. But not this magical handwave power.
>>
>>85813942
This, it was the most interesting conflict in the show and they totally backed off.
>>
>>85825090
All his prior selves were speaking in double entendres. They were testing him to see what he'd do.
Thread posts: 125
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.