[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

the problem with this show is that there is no canonicity. At

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: SpongeBob-Teams-Postal-Service.jpg (31KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
SpongeBob-Teams-Postal-Service.jpg
31KB, 500x500px
the problem with this show is that there is no canonicity.
At the end of every episode they must reset a status quo, leaving absolutely no room for character development. Plankton becomes an amazing guy just to be a scumbag then abused again before the credits, Squidward begins to enjoy and respect his neighbors just for Spongebob and Patrick, as dictated by status quo, to destroy all said bonding, and characters are grossly altered from their base personalities to making any character the complete shitbag of the day just to make a poorly written script happen
>>
>>85808391
More like the problem with this show is that it's just not funny anymore.
>>
If you ask me the problem with the later seasons is that the new writers don't understand the dynamic between Spongebob and Squidward.

Seasons 1-3, Squidward whines and mopes about how annoying Spongebob is, but Spongebob is usually willing to leave him be and just chill with Patrick.
Squidward's problems come from the fact that he always feels the need to go out of his way to shove his nose in Spongebob's business and piss in his cornflakes. From there karma kicks in.
His misery is self inflicted. Spongebob rarely, if ever, instigates. It's all on Squidward. From there, the audience understandably roots against Squidward for being a pushy jackass.

Watch Club Spongebob for example. Everything that happens in this episode is Squidward's fault. Spongebob and Patrick literally tell him to fuck off before he shoves himself into their treehouse then sends it flying.

The new writers don't get it to the point where I actually question if they had seen any of the previous episodes before they started writing. Now Spongebob outright stalks and harasses Squidward and the writers expect the same response from the audience.
>>
>>85808391
>no canonicity
isn't this what keeps it going?
Simpsons / South Park airs forever because of the same reason and spongebob got two more seasons coming up

If they change the formula the series ruined
>>
>>85808653
South Park now has continuity and story arcs bro.
>>
>>85808391
Oh fuck off it's an old school styled cartoon, it needs no canon
Do you hate that Wil E Coyote comes back to life repeatedly?
The problem is that it's fucking terrible and unfunny now
Continuityfags are cancer
>>
>>85808391

>no canonicity

You're either a great troll or one of the biggest faggots on this site, which is saying a lot.
>>
>>85808391
The problem with the show is that after season 3 the creator left and the retards writing the show didn't understand the show
>>
>>85808653
the Simpsons and South Park least reference other episodes and intrpduce lasting things. All Spongebob has is Sandy's intro episode
>>
>>85808391
Go away Mr Enter
>>
>>85810778
Plankton's intro episode is the first time Spongebob ever met him
>>
I remember reading that Hillenburg returned to the show a few months ago, did that even help
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.