[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Frank Miller vs Alan Moore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

File: moore_miller.jpg (74KB, 529x371px) Image search: [Google]
moore_miller.jpg
74KB, 529x371px
Frank Miller vs Alan Moore
>>
Frank Miller vs Alan Moore?
>>
Miller

/thread
>>
>>85799431
Frank Moore vs Alan Miller?
>>
>>85799417
Alan moore could easily kick the shit out of frank miller now. Have you seen how miller looks now.
>>
File: 1323071229738.jpg (21KB, 778x167px) Image search: [Google]
1323071229738.jpg
21KB, 778x167px
>>85799417
No, Frank Miller x Alan Moore.
>>
Moore is a wizard and Miller has cancer. No contest.
>>
>>85799507
Does miller/moore yaoi exist?
>>
>>85799417
alan moore is most definitely a better writer

frank miller does the edgy, unoriginal crime shtick. i saw no depth in sin city. it seemed shallow to me. frank miller's marv just seems like frank miller's batman, only he kills people like the punisher
>>
>>85799417
I like both of them and i can admit that both have specialties but i'd give the edge to Moore based on variety of work.
>>
>>85800800
I agree.

however moore has this anti-establisment and anti-popular sentiment which i bet he flouts every second he gets so id probably hate him in person.
>>
>>85799417
Moore has magic. You can't really beat magic.
>>
>>85801023
Once Miller gets a inner monologue going he's unstoppable. It also depends if there is any hard liquor or whores around those things are the spinach to his Popeye.
>>
Never read anything by Moore and Miller is a hack, godawful art too.
>>
>>85801138
>never read anything by Moore

you should change that
>>
>>85801012
well i like moore just the way he is.
>>
>>85799417
Is Miller even remotely as deliberate and intelligent as Moore? If you do please provide examples.

https://slovobooks.wordpress.com/2014/01/09/last-alan-moore-interview/
>>
>>85801468
*if you do think so*
>>
>>85799417
Moore. Looking at Frank Miller today, you know he got hexed.
>>
>>85801468
"Problematic" in first paragraph
Sounds faggy, didnt read
>>
>>85801531
>responds with "faggy"

oh of course
>>
>>85799417
Anyone else think alan moore has a really cool design? Like he looks like a drugged up edgy gandalf.
>>
>>85801012
maybe he has to because that's why he's popular and that's who he is. maybe grant morrison tries to talk shit about him because morrison is pro establishment with his fascist chivalry medal from queen toadface the 2nd
>>
>>85801561
>drugged up gandalf

well, gandalf smokes weed and radagast eats mushrooms, sooo....
>>
>>85801553
Is that problematic?
>>
>>85801577
Like hardcore shit like heroin and acid
>>
>>85801588
heroin is hardcore and addictive.

acid is serious, but not hardcore like heroin. you aren't going to feel like you're dying if you stop taking acid after a while.

it's not a celebratory comparison you're making
>>
>>85801468
"I found something worrying about the fact that the superhero film audience was now almost entirely composed of adults, men and women in their thirties, forties and fifties who were eagerly lining up to watch characters and situations that had been expressly created to entertain the twelve year-old boys of fifty years ago. I not only feel this is a valid point, I also believe it to be fairly self-evident to any disinterested observer. To my mind, this embracing of what were unambiguously children’s characters at their mid-20th century inception seems to indicate a retreat from the admittedly overwhelming complexities of modern existence. It looks to me very much like a significant section of the public, having given up on attempting to understand the reality they are actually living in, have instead reasoned that they might at least be able to comprehend the sprawling, meaningless, but at-least-still-finite ‘universes’ presented by DC or Marvel Comics. I would also observe that it is, potentially, culturally catastrophic to have the ephemera of a previous century squatting possessively on the cultural stage and refusing to allow this surely unprecedented era to develop a culture of its own, relevant and sufficient to its times."

it's true. comics were censored because parents and adults freaked the fuck out at reality. now adults still read heroes that were created in a time of willful ignorance. the most relevant capeshits are the x-men because they are an oppressed minority. capeshit, especially DC, is lame as fuck.
>>
Anon a better discussion would be Pre-DKSA Miller vs Pre-Promethea Moore

Because beyond that period miller went senile and Moore went crazy
>>
>>85801638
Is this basically him saying he wrote comics for children and people shouldnt read comics at all because current year?
>>
>>85801654
B-but I liked DKSA...
>>
>>85799551
Not that I know, but Moore x Moore does.
>>
>>85801138
Newfag spotted.

Many old flags don't hate Miller, we're just horribly disappointed.
>>
>>85801654
Was From Hell before or after promethea? I think before

I thought Moore's work would massively improve if he didnt insist on pushing mysticism and occult in his every single work
>>
>>85799417

The masters of rape... Love them both :-)
>>
>>85801663
No, it's him saying that the mass popularity of superhero movies is a bad thing because it's crowding out the ability to make actual films instead of products.

Luckily Marvel is at least trying to let people do cool things with their movies, unfortunately warner is too focused on profit to the let DC do the same.
>>
Mark Millar is the greatest superhero comic writer of all-time
these other twats are has beens
>>
>>85802509
>warner is too focused on profit to the let DC do the same.
That's just a meme. MoS and BvS are masterpieces.
>>
File: 20160724_151727.jpg (76KB, 216x342px) Image search: [Google]
20160724_151727.jpg
76KB, 216x342px
>>85801138
>godawful art
Ultra casual summerfag detected. Try reading a bit more of his work beyond what your favorite youtuber tells you, huh? Even then, all you have to do is look at his Daredevil run to see that he can draw normally.
>>
>>85801654
His Avatar press work has been good, you pleb
>>
Because Watchmen was complex beyond all possibility, Moore.
>>
>>85799417
Moore, without a doubt.

Miller at his best wrote solid stories that played with their own characters and universes.
Moore at his best writes stories that change the way comics are written, and play with entire genres.

That being said none of them are perfect. Moore's 'Neonomicon' was a turd sandwich, Miller's 'Holy Terror' wasn't even good enough to use for toilet paper.
>>
>>85799417
Miller unironically wears a fedora

Win
>>
>>85799417
miller still writes good content, hasnt crewed up every contract he had with a big name company be it 2000AD or DC, great art and is a genuinely nice person
>>
>>85802996
Maybe he can draw good sometimes, doesn't excuse all the time he's put out works that look like they were drawn by a ten-year old.
>>
>>85803029
no it wasnt
>>
>>85803365
you're a faggot with shit taste, kill your self
>>
>>85802991
You misspelled trainwrecks back there, chief.
>>
>>85799551
moore/morrison is far superior fampai
>>
Moore could probably beat Miller

if he got the drop on him
>>
File: Stan_Lee_1975_cropped.jpg (197KB, 846x1312px) Image search: [Google]
Stan_Lee_1975_cropped.jpg
197KB, 846x1312px
We know where there life forces are going to end up regardless.
Also, I'll take Born Again over anything Moore has done. It's a tough call, but I made it.
>>
>>85803029

Not really. Providence is fun but not really one of his best works. It is still miles better of anything that he has written since Supreme and From Hell anyway.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.