[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just remembering Marvel before it went to hell.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: Marvel_NOW!_(2012)_logo.jpg (201KB, 666x446px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel_NOW!_(2012)_logo.jpg
201KB, 666x446px
Just remembering Marvel before it went to hell.
>>
but Marvel NOW isn't out yet :^)
>>
>>85789405

Think they'll ever do Marvel Then?
>>
>>85789405
You mean before Marvel Now?
>>
>>85789405
the early 2000s then
>>
File: Marvel.gif (497KB, 500x211px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel.gif
497KB, 500x211px
I'm not so sure that's where I'd put the line, but Marvel Now looks like an editorial miracle with the eyes of today.
>focus on the relaunched big books where all the core franchises have been swapped between the exclusives
>make sure they have lots of arcs planned, but start with an easy-entry one
>renewed focus on the Avengers line, but every book has its distinct feel and mission
>twice-monthly Avengers
>X-men still important, 2 X-force books and your top writer on ANXM and UXM
>Uncanny Avengers and A+X to signify muties are a-okay, A+X is an anthology with new writers trying their muscles
>lots of new, young talents, more to come down the line
>lots of different genres to choose from
>earlier going books are allowed to do their own thing without being shitcanned
>the "seasons" thing with yearly relaunch was yet to come
Honestly it looks like the only new writers who stuck since then are Hopeless and Duggan (plus Spencer who was already a bit known). Literally the only thing that's not so bad about Marvel Nower is that they seem to do a single editorial initiative with new writers again, after frankly losing so many and being unable to keep others from going to greener pastures.
>>
most of /co/ seems to go with Disassembled or Civil War
>>
KIKE GET OUT
>>
Marvel Now is actually what got me into comics. They had some pretty good shit. Hickman's Avengers was top-tier
>>
File: Avengers_Initiavive_number_1[1].jpg (86KB, 400x310px) Image search: [Google]
Avengers_Initiavive_number_1[1].jpg
86KB, 400x310px
>>85789405

Say what you will about Civil War but the Initiative was a great time. And Dark Reign was pretty good, too. For me, I lost interest during Heroic Age aka IT'S FUCKING NOTHING.
>>
File: Mighty_Avengers_Vol_1_1_Textless.jpg (625KB, 700x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Mighty_Avengers_Vol_1_1_Textless.jpg
625KB, 700x1050px
>>85790666
>Hickman's Avengers was top-tier
Fuck Yes it was.
>>85790765
>Say what you will about Civil War but the Initiative was a great time
I miss that Mighty Avengers team so much.
>>
File: hickvengers2.jpg (1022KB, 1200x1844px) Image search: [Google]
hickvengers2.jpg
1022KB, 1200x1844px
>>85790666
>Hickvengers
>top-tier

It was okay
>>
>>85790939

I think you are mistaken. New Avengers was good, Mighty Avengers was trash. That was when good Bendis and bad Bendis existed at the same time.

Mighty Avengers was also the last good thing Slott did. Coincidence? I think not.
>>
>>85791098
>Mighty Avengers was trash.
The first 2 arcs where fucking awesome.
>>
>>85789834
This omg.

I remember being pumped for Marvel NOW. It was the perfect mix of Marvel's current experimental/diverse phase with big name writers writing iconic characters (Hickman on Avengers and Bendis on X-Men is about as big name as 2013 Marvel could get).

And then ANMW and then Avengers NOW and the ANAD Marvel all had diminishing returns, and now I don't think I'm picking up more then 3-4 books out of Marvel NOWer!

What changed, anons? It's only been a few years. The editorial team is mostly identical. The writers are mostly the same (minus Hickman, Remender and Gillen). So why is the current crop almost demonstrably worse?
>>
>>85791679
>(minus Hickman, Remender and Gillen)

This and they were replaced by worse talent
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.