[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

JUST COME ON OUT AND FUCKING SAY IT!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 22

JUST COME ON OUT AND FUCKING SAY IT!
>>
>>85787053
Movie magic can change height. It can't change skin color.

ok it probably can, but they won't.
>>
>>85787133
they didn't try making logan a manlet though
>>
>>85787152
They should have.
>>
>>85787053
Ones entire marketability and character revolves around being a red headed model and one doesnt. Idk what is so hard to understand about this.
>>
>>85787053

No on cares.
>>
>>85787179

Logan being a hairy Canadian manlet with anger issues and the actual strength to back it up was his shtick. Just like an actual Wolverine is like this medium-ish dog sized thing that looks like it would be a cute pet, but has a mean strike a mile long and can take on a bear. His most iconic "move" is sitting in a much guy's hand and being thrown at enemies.

I don't hate movie Wolverine, but you can't act like he's the same character with the same appeal.
>>
>>85787053
It didn't bother me because I don't find his height to be a identifying feature of him. Weird hair and metal claws are how I know it's Wolverine.
>>
>>85787053
>JUST COME OUT AND FUCKING SAY IT
I'm a racist to a racial group or two which has nothing to do with the fact that I hate raceswaps, whether it's a white turned black, asian turned white or whatever. Even though few people dare to say it a character's race is part of them just as much as their name.

Oh, and I had a problem with Jackman being too tall.
>>
>>85787053
It actually bothers me.

I actually despise Fox's Wolverine franchise. And don't you fucking call them X-men. It's just Wolverine and some people in the background.
>>
Doesn't everyone get mad at Wolverine though?
>>
>>85787053
Is the problem her lips?
>>
>>85787053
I don't really have a problem with it, dye the girl's hair red and she's a perfect MJ.
>>
>>85787670
Isn't that whiteface?
>>
>>85787053
Wolverine's shortness is only one of a number of distinct attributes that identify him as a character. They still represented his other defining traits well enough for him to be identified as wolverine, and even then it didn't stop some people from complaining about his lack of a classic costume, and his height.

Mary Jane has typically been little more than a love interest and her personality and character tend to change depending on the story. Being a red-headed girl is one of her few defining features. There really isn't wrong with casting an actor of a different race of a character if that actor would do a good depiction of their personality. But Zendaya isn't really a stand-out actress and Mary Jane doesn't really have a strong personality so the casting is just diversity for the sake of diversity rather than the actress being a good fit.

It's not the end of the world, but there's not really any reason not to cast an actual red-head besides forced diversity.
>>
>>85787670
Same
>>
>>85787358
>hairy
>rage filled
His height was literally the only difference. And no wolverines key thing is his claws, thats his main selling point and how people recognize him. MJs is her hair.
>>
>>85787754
>I will die on a hill for my double standard
>>
>>85787754
Aren't redheads really rare?
Wouldn't they get diversity points from that as well?
>>
>>85787716
Not unless they load her face up to appear pale as fuck, nope not Whiteface at all.
>>
File: 1461544571804.gif (446KB, 300x186px) Image search: [Google]
1461544571804.gif
446KB, 300x186px
>>85787772
>>
>>85787053
This was obviously created by an underageb& who wasn't on the internet in 1999.

Nobody liked Jackman for the part until we saw the movie. Everyone thought he was too tall and didn't look like Wolverine.
>>
>>85787053
I really don't understand this, what am I supposed to see here? that girls actually looks okay for MJ, is she not kosher or something?
>>
File: kirsten-dunstnips[1].jpg (38KB, 450x238px) Image search: [Google]
kirsten-dunstnips[1].jpg
38KB, 450x238px
>>
>>85787979

This.

But people were too hard on about Patrick Stuart being cast as Professor X for there to be too much bitching about casting. And then later they got Kelsey Grammer to play fucking Beast.
>>
File: Leanna Decker.png (380KB, 587x530px)
Leanna Decker.png
380KB, 587x530px
>>85787772
>MJs is her hair.

And her 10/10 classic good looks. Which the girl who everyone thinks is playing MJ does not have.
>>
>>85787754
>But Zendaya isn't really a stand-out actress and Mary Jane doesn't really have a strong personality so the casting is just diversity for the sake of diversity rather than the actress being a good fit.

Did you see any other 20 year old actresses who auditioned for the part? Not hard to buy that she did better than the others.
>>
>>85788716
ASR would easily be better.
>>
>>85787053
>JUST COME ON OUT AND FUCKING SAY IT!

Yea people bitched about Jackmans height, they bitch about everything. But over time when it was clear Jackman was who they were stuck with and at the very least on his part he did what he could to be as accurate to the role as possible people gradually got over it and apparently forgot that not everyone didn't love him to begin with.

OK, I admit it. I thought they should have gotten Russell Crowe. But Jackman seems like such a solid dude and he's grown on me over time. Plus I think Crowe would have just given up on this role by now. In the long run Jackman was a pretty good and possibly the better choice.
>>
>>85788846

Did you see her audition?
>>
>>85787053
I'll say it, but in SONG.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yJn-5hpU94
>>
>>85789186
We have no fucking idea who auditioned but how offended do you think people would be if they made Misty Knight a white chick?
>>
I was 10 when that happened, I didn't even know he had regeneration powers until I saw him regenerate.
>>
>>85789277
>>We have no fucking idea who auditioned

Then we can't say whether or not this is a case of diversity for diversity's sake or "colorblind casting."

>>but how offended do you think people would be if they made Misty Knight a white chick?

They'd be like, "Who?" Then they'd probably try to meet people half way by casting a biracial or lighter skinned woman.
>>
>>85787179
>Idk what is so hard to understand about this.

Are you saying you have to be white to have either red hair or a modelling career?

>>85787716
>Isn't that whiteface?

Oh lord.
>>
There actually is no difference

lmao it's going to be great when Spider-Man Homecoming is wildly successful
>>
>>85789573
Because black people do not naturally have red hair and this >>85787053
Looks very fucking different from >>85788697. Im sorry it all looks the same to you but as an irish american its extremely different.
>>
>>85787053
brown girls are superior.
>>
>>85789573
>oh lord
My god how can we exterminate the /co/mblrites.
>>
>>85789277

So you're comparing changind the race of "white girlfriend, of a charcater that has other, whiter girlfriends" the character into someone slightly brown is the same as changing one of the very few black heroes into a white chick?

Peter has had more white girlfriends than there have been black women supers.
>>
>>85789596

>as an irish american its extremely different.

holy shit
>>
>>85789596
>Because black people do not naturally have red hair

Lord. People do not naturally stick to the side of building either. Is that going to be where you lose your suspension of disbelief?

>Bitten by a spider, huh, gets strong as fuck. I follow.

>Chick dyes her hair, what the actual fuck are you trying to pull?

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>85787053
Alright fine

I want to have sex with her

There I said it now stop screaming at me
>>
>>85789596
>Because black people do not naturally have red hair

This is not true, there are black gingers
>>
File: 1470838661273s.jpg (4KB, 117x125px) Image search: [Google]
1470838661273s.jpg
4KB, 117x125px
>>85787670
Bait of the day
>>
>>85789716
No there aren't. Show me one.

>>85789686
Nothing to do with disbelief but when your whole thing is natural red head then that kinda takes away from it. Back to whatever site you discovered /co/ from.
>>85789630
So why not use one of them? Its racist to change a characters race to simply sell more tickets.
>>
File: 1420092137620.jpg (8KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1420092137620.jpg
8KB, 300x300px
>>85789758
>>
Honestly its the same people that call comics for children that are saying her hair color doesn't matter.

They think that since they dont care no one should.
>>
>>85787053
Easy, as much as people think changing ones race doesn't matter, it does.
It's not like they are introducing an entirely different character and she is a black love intersest, that would be weird but fine. If it was a new Black Cat, (only one I could think of) then yeah that would also be fine since it's a title.
However they are changing a character and by extension their family for no reason other than to do it. They won't do anything different in story or that, they are just going to be like," Watchu tallin bout, dis MJ yo".
Here's a little experiment, look at Black Panther, now make T'Challa white and don't change anything else but that. If you feel like it is disingenuous or feels like whitewashing then congrats, you know understand what the reverse, Black Dying, is.
>>
>>85789863
Wakanda should be an ancient civilization made by white people banished from Europe for being too advanced then.
>>
Jean in a love triangle with Scott and a manlet isn't believable.
>>
>>85788697
MJ was ugly as sin in SM:TAS and she dressed like shit. That never bothered anyone.
>>
>>85789781
>back

Boy, oldfags don't get any older than me. I remember when Moot first told SA about his brand new english futaba knock-off.

Racist shits don't own this place. Get over yourself.
>>
Race matters for characters because race is part of character, I don't care what anybody says. Race impacts your life as a human being, not only that but it's visual....you wouldn't cheer for an orange and green suited Superman or a bleache blonde Batman
>>
It's only a deal at all because they are using it for marketing purposes.
>>
Who said it didn't bother me?
>>
I think it's super interesting how much /co/ hates the idea of Zendaya as MJ, but also would love Terry Crews as J Jonah Jameson.
>>
>>85789951
That's because Felicia was best girl in that show.
>>
>>85789956
You have to return
>>
>>85789942
It is when you're a manlet comics nerd.

Logan was *the* self insert for nerds. He was so edgy he had frigging knives inside his body and the head cheerleader actually considered leaving the quarterback for him.

Lol
>>
File: SW.jpg (48KB, 410x588px)
SW.jpg
48KB, 410x588px
>>85787053
JUST COME OUT AND FUCKING SAY IT!
>>
>>85789956
>wanting a character to have the traits she is entirely known for is racist

This is what milennials believe.
>>
>>85789863
>T'challa becomes white
Why do you assume I would have a problem with that?
>>
>>85790013

i miss when /co/ loved brown girls
>>
>>85789923
Rhodesia?
>>
>>85789863
>dis MJ yo

Ever notice that racists are completely shit at proving that whatever they're mad at isn't a racism thing?
>>
>>85790050
What is Apartheid? for $500
>>
>>85790046

>red hair

check

>supermodel

check

i don't see anything missing
>>
>>85787152
For what its worth, Jackman is great as Wolverine in every single way other than his height.
>>
>>85790083
So it's racist for a white monarch to have non-white subjects? Do you honestly believe that?
>>
>>85790046
>traits are only skin deep
>>
Do you think the next Logan will be short?
>>
>>85790118
Does she have the red hair? Thats not confirmed at all. And I'm sick of them black washing red heads. They are the smallest percentage of the population, you just think they shouldnt be represented? Thats pretty racist.
>>
>>85787053
But that difference did bother a lot of people.
>>
>>85790028
Hell no. No no no.
>>
>>85790142
Nerds get so tied up in knots over the most superficial shit.

No wonder the studios ignore you.
>>
>>85790080
I never said it wasn't. When people say," Everything is racist" despite how retarded it sounds, they're right.
Is it racist for characters who are pre established to stay the race they where created in, yes.
Equally so it is also racist to say that people should make more black characters because that leaves out other ethnicity.
To add a tinge of reality, it is statistically correct to assume that if you meet a black man or woman, they probably never knew their fathers but that is also racist. Just like how their are more scholarships and federal funding for minority groups that leave out an entire race of people.
>>
>>85787053
But Wolverine's height did bother me.
>>
File: file.png (749KB, 1180x842px)
file.png
749KB, 1180x842px
Fine I'll say it. Go back to your own board, /tv/.
>>
>>85787389
>I don't find his height to be a identifying feature of him. Weird hair and metal claws are how I know it's Wolverine.
Is there a difference between that and MJs skin tone?
>>
>>85790133
If it's one white guy in a nation that is 99.9% black and it is a self imposed monarchy, yeah kinda is.
>>
>>85787053
Their problem is they want her to be white... which is perfectly fine because it's just asking for the studio to stick to the source material.

It's not like it's racism, it's just objective fact. Mary Jane is white in the comics, Zendaya is not white, people want comic book accuracy.

If comic book accuracy matters or not is another matter, but I fail to see how any of this is hatred or bigotry.
>>
>>85790154
Sure as hell not enough to get them to not watch the movie.

You faggots will complain for weeks on end about black MJ, but you'll all watch the movie twice, but when a movie like Kubo comes along you sing its praises but sit by and let it flounder at the box office.

You faggots don't deserve good capeshit movies, you don't even deserve good comics.
>>
>>85790182
See >>85789840
What are you fifteen years old? Using the term "nerds" unironically?
>>
>>85790208
>and it is a self imposed monarchy
Isn't the Black Panther a beloved monarch? So presumably they'd still like White Panther provided the only thing changed is skin colour.
>>
>>85790215
People complained for weeks on end about Wolverine and some still complain. Like me. Wolverine should be short.

And How is Kubo related?
>>
>>85790118
>white
not checked

Also, she doesn't have red hair and is dressed frumpy in the set pics.
>>
>>85790118
But Mary Jane is supposed to be stacked.

Zendaya is the flattest black chick I've ever seen.
>>
Were people mad about 89 Harvey? I know they were mad that Mr Mom was Batman till they saw the movie.
>>
>>85790156
So then why was it okay to call her unfitting for the role and everyone to pile on to the point she was cut from the movie, but saying the same about Zeydana is just hypocrisy because there were other characters who didn't fit their characters at all?
>>
>>85790274
>>85790277

>dis goal post moving

i get it, you can be asshole racists.
>>
>>85790311
What, you asked what doesn't fit. I told you.

Mary Jane was stacked. Zendaya is flat as a board.
>>
They should've cast Black Cat as a black woman instead of MJ.

Might even rename her character as White Cat on account of the white wig.
>>
>>85790184
>To add a tinge of reality, it is statistically correct to assume that if you meet a black man or woman, they probably never knew their fathers but that is also racist.

Yeah, no, that's not correct. Just because someone's parents aren't married doesn't mean they don't know who their dad is or never spent any time with him.

>>85790080 was right
>>
>>85790263
Not really seeing as though he isn't native to that country and his heritage is that of outsiders, with the race change they'll say they love him but only for fear of being killed, children sent to boot camps and the others sent to the diamond mines.
>>
>>85790339
They already did that to Catwomen though.
>>
>>85790311
>i get it, you can be asshole racists
This is why people don't admit they just want her to be white, because somehow that equates to racism.

Not everything has to be inclusive, people can set down guidelines based on the race, and sexuality of characters without being racist.
>>
>>85790354
Not him, but single mothers are like 60% of black mothers.

So, statistically yes, he's right.
>>
>>85790154
>But that difference did bother a lot of people.

No one who mattered though.

>>85790184
>Equally so it is also racist to say that people should make more black characters because that leaves out other ethnicity.

Yeah. I'm sure white people are going to be starving for representation in the next Spiderman movie. wtf ever.

>>85790211
>people want comic book accuracy.

You want comic book accuracy. There's a fuckload of people who are perfectly happy to do away with some pointless bullshit if it gets in the way.

That's just an objective fact.

>>85790229
>Using the term "nerds" unironically?

You're on a comic book forum surrounded by people mad that the MC's girlfriend might not look exactly like she does in the comic. Son, you'd better start believing in nerd stories, cause you're in one now.
>>
>>85790390
>Exactly
Or at all.
>>
>>85790277
>But Mary Jane is supposed to be stacked.

Just cause comics artists know comics fans demand big boobs all the time doesn't mean huge breasts are canon. Unless you're talking about PG.
>>
>>85790390
>There's a fuckload of people who are perfectly happy to do away with some pointless bullshit if it gets in the way.

Gets in the way of what?

>>85790409
Okay, so if Mary Jane has always been stacked...that means it isn't canon? Because she's always been stacked.
>>
>>85790390
Once again you fit >>85789840
Perfectly. To a fucking T.
>>
>>85790376
>because somehow that equates to racism.

Have you considered looking at the racists in this very thread backing your side of this argument? Don't get mad at us, get mad at them.
>>
>>85790460

if hair color matters that much to you, you need to seek help
>>
>>85790463
Why? They're not the ones calling him a racist.
>>
>>85790390
>That's just an objective fact.
yeah it is, I said people you fuckwit. As in some people, why would I say all people hold my opinion when you're clearly disagreeing.

Holy shit, not everything is a collective.
>>
>>85790406
>Or at all.

Yeah. She's going to be 3d and everything.

>>85790451
>Gets in the way of what?

The rest of everything.

>>85790451
>Waaah, boobies

Fucking nerds. Jaysus.

>>85790460
And? You guys are mad about shit that doesn't matter. No one who isn't some comics purist or a gd racist gives a shit and no one cares about those two groups of people.

Be mad. We will not give a shit.
>>
>>85790194
Changing a characters race means changing more than just skin tone. Entire facial structures differ between races
>>
Is she even a good actor? That's really all I care about
>>
>>85790560
Kek I love the hubris in your age group. That you just believe your way of thinking is th objective right way and anyone who doesn't agree is wrong. It's very telling of your maturity level as you sit there in judgement of others.
>>
>>85790589
All I've seen is crappy Disney sitcoms but it's not like she'd try on those so maybe.
>>
>>85790385

A single mother means the mother isn't married to the father. It doesn't mean they don't know who the father is.

So if half or even a quarter of the kids of single moms know who their fathers are, you're looking at only 30% to 45% who don't know who their father is. That means 55% to 70% (or more) do know their father.

Which makes the poster statistically incorrect.

OP is incorrectly assuming that unmarried mothers don't ever know who fathered their children and that unmarried men never make themselves known to the children they've fathered. Both incorrect statements that reveal the poster's biases more than any convenient statistic could.
>>
>>85790498
>I said people you fuckwit.

The more wrong you guys get, the more likely you are to start calling people all sorts of cursewords. The rest of you, keep this reply in mind when you read, I don't know, every other thread on this board.

I'm sorry that there's going to be an attractive black woman in a movie instead of an attractive white one. Truly white genocide is happening. A bloo bloo, laffo.
>>
>>85787716
no cause you'd had to make the lips unfunny
>>
>>85787053
Logan was frequently drawn taller than he actually was before Jackman took the part. MJ was not frequently colored black before this negress was cast
>>
>>85790599

such a radical idea a black woman might be a good actress in a movie

eat it grandpa
>>
>>85790677
Well it is pretty radical give very little precedence for it.
I mean we're so desperate to say Black women can be good actors we said the likes of Halle Berry and Lupita Nyong'o were good at acting.
>>
>>85790677
Your victim complex is hilarious. Since when was there a shortage of skilled black people in entertainment? This isn't the 80s kiddo.
>>
>>85789781
>Show me one.
You asked for it.
>>
She will have natural red hair like Malcolm X
>>
>>85790573
>Entire facial structures differ between races

lol

>>85790599
>Kek I love the hubris in your age group.

Yeah I know, they just assume people are a certain age and make all kinds of assumptions about people instead of replying to your arguments.

Oh. Shit.

That's actually you.

>Get back to me when you grow up kid and realize how important big boobs and all white casts are.

You're the cutest. Really.

>>85790631
>Let's talk about black stats in out totally not racist thread about how a black woman can't be a model and red hair *is* the character and her boobs have to be DDs or the whole movie is *ruined*.

laffo.
>>
>>85790620
I think the appropriate scale on which to judge that is how many of those actors/actresses were able to get work outside of Disney sitcoms. Those are your good performers. Going from one Disney show to another Disney show just means you're cute. And if you've done more than 2 Disney shows then you probably just aren't good enough to get work outside of that.
>>
It bothered the fucking shit out of me thank you very much

as a manlet I felt misrepresented
>>
>>85790673
>negress

I refer you to my earlier post about how bad you guys are at pretending you aren't racist as fuck.

>>85790659
>make the lips unfunny

You too.
>>
>me first seeing her
Why don't they give her red hair
>she dyes her hair read
I'm perfectly satisfied with this conclusion
>>
>>85790194

Fox didn't hire a 6'2 actor to pander to 6'2 people
>>
>>85790707
>>85790710

i was making fun of how over the top anon's comment was about "hubris in your age group" and "thinking that your way is the objective right way."
>>
>>85790805

No, they hired the non-manlet to pander to women who want non-manlets.

Then they hired the really light skinned half-black/half-white woman to play the black lady born in Africa because it's risky enough being black, but you can't be TOO black.
>>
>>85790805
>pander

We all know that pandering is a bad thing.

>>85790277

>But Mary Jane is supposed to be stacked.

>Zendaya is the flattest black chick I've ever seen.

Uhhhh...
>>
>>85790808
Hes not wrong. You sound pretty retarded when you assume your way is the right way. 2 sides to every coin.
>>
>>85787053
I think there would have been a lot of bitching about Jackman's height before the movie, but he was so great otherwise it was fine.

I don't care much about Mary Jane but this girl they picked looks insufferably obnoxious, I don't know how that will translate on screen.

Also, there is just a clear push to "diversify" the cast since Spider-Man looks like the only white guy in the cast of his peers.
>>
>>85790855
>2 sides to every coin

Yeah. There's the right side, and then there's

>Her boobs aren't big enough

the other side.
>>
The problem with this is that MJ being black means that she's been fucked by at least thirty niggers, had like fifteen abortions, and has an addiction of some sort.
>>
>>85790873
>this girl they picked looks insufferably obnoxious

wtf.

You can tell how someone is based on a picture. Of course you can, obviously. Sure.

>>85790873
>"diversify"

There's nothing wrong with making an effort to get some more colors in your movie.
>>
It actually bothers me a lot. Wolverine is supposed to be a swole hairy manlet and the difference has been noticeable since the first X-Men movie.

Checkmate cuckolds
>>
>>85787053
If they wanted a black girlfirend for Spider-man, why didn't they make it a new character?
A new character would end up in the comics. Black MJ will be exclusive to the movies.
>>
>>85787053
I actually never liked Hugh Jackman as Wolverine since the beginning
>>
Queens is the most diverse place on the planet.
>>
File: 26_orig.jpg (392KB, 550x750px)
26_orig.jpg
392KB, 550x750px
>>85787053
Don't forget this abomination here
>>
>>85790936
>fucked by at least thirty niggers

>>85790080

You guys are pretty much arguing the other side at the same time. Bravo. Keep up with this racist shit, really. I'm sure they'll change their minds looking for some o' them Klan bucks.
>>
>>85790894
So you honestly can't see any validity to the fact that people want the comic character to look like she does in the comics? Thats pretty fucking obtuse of you.

I can see why people would think people that want her to be comics accurate are being racist because they just see a black girl that white people are saying they wish was a white girl. They have no attachment to the character so they don't understand why. If you can't see the other side of that though you are narrow minded as hell.
>>
>>85790986
But everyone was super on board with that.
And Batman.
>>
>>85790936
Most blacks don't get addicted to the drugs they sell anon
>>
>>85790390
>No one who mattered though.
So, it's exactly the same as this change.
>>
>>85790957

>Black MJ will be exclusive to the movies.

You're forgetting that MJ is going to have a long lost black niece called Mary Jane
>>
>>85791001
>So you honestly can't see any validity to the fact that people want the comic character to look like she does in the comics?

I can see plenty of validity in the fact that you got some pretty racist fuckers mad about it. Hell. Black MJ is worth it just for that. I don't give a shit about your need for comics purity. Sorry not sorry.
>>
>>85791042
Well White people are dealers at higher rates anyway.
>>
>>85791001
>Thats pretty fucking obtuse of you.

>>85790936
>she's been fucked by at least thirty niggers

>>85791042
>Most blacks don't get addicted to the drugs they sell anon

Obtuse is not looking at the guys burning crosses right next to you.
>>
>>85791054
Jesus christ you are a faggot. Keep that attitude and stay lonely your entire life. Enjoy going nowhere in a corporate environment if you have no empathy.
>>
>>85791051
>So, it's exactly the same as this change

Exactly.
>>
>>85791054
>Sorry not sorry.

Where are you from that people use phrases like this? You ain't a native.

And you ain't invested in the source material if changes don't bother you, which leads me to believe you came here from somewhere else SOLELY to pick a fight because the only things you DO care about are racial politics and internet arguing, two things that ain't got SHIT to do with either comic books OR movies about comic books.
>>
>>85787053
that facebook shit needs more artifacts
>>
Wolverine should've been played by Tom Cruise.
>>
>>85787053
fine, I will
shes a shitty actress
OH FUCK I SAID IT
>>
>>85790014
Obviously.
>>
>>85791091
>Jesus christ you are a faggot.

>>85790638

I replied to this post before you even made it.

>Enjoy going nowhere in a corporate environment if you have no empathy.

Yeah, I'm sure my enjoyment of racist fuckers getting btfo will really hold me back from the boardroom position I've been after. lol
>>
>>85791179
No but your rigid thinking and failure to see from another's point of view you disagree with will hold you back. But I'm sure plenty of girls have dumped your bitch ass for that exact reason.
>>
>>85787053
Hot Aunt May bothers me and makes me feel weird things.
>>
>>85791129
>You ain't a native.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Sorry%20Not%20Sorry

You're as wrong as wrong can be. Sorry not sorry.

>And you ain't invested in the source material

lol, whatever. If the color of the actress or her hair takes you out, then it's you who aren't invested in things beyond the most superficial level.

These are facts son. Take 'em in.
>>
>>85787053
If someone had shown you a picture of this actress before the announcement and told you she had been hired for a major role in a marvel movie, what character would you have guessed she was going to play.

Comics are a visual media as much as a written story and some characters are immediately associated with how they look.
>>
>>85791001

>So you honestly can't see any validity to the fact that people want the comic character to look like she does in the comics?

oh i can, it's just not that important?
>>
>>85791319
To you. Not important to you. Someone who doesn't care about comics. You are either purposefully dense right now or so far up your own ass you can't see straight.
>>
I bet she'll be another Tulip.
>>
>>85791282
>No but your rigid thinking and failure to see from another's point of view

Says the guy, lol, freaking out because an actress is black.

Son. One of us is thinking rigidly and it isn't me.

>She *HAS* to be white.
>She *HAS* to have red hair

Those two things are fucking meaningless but it's all you care about. You're the one hung up on pointless bullshit. I'm the one moving on cause it does not matter.

Which is pretty flexible of me, don't you think?

>>85791282
>But I'm sure plenty of girls have dumped your bitch ass for that exact reason.

Yeah. My love life is in shambles. lol.

Son, I get you've got a bad case of the mad as fucks, but try just a little bit harder.
>>
>>85791319
This is the same mentality that allowed slavery for 100s of years.
>>
>>85791334

I think fidelity to the comics goes far beyond superficial surface bullshit and even as said itt Zendaya HAS some of that the superficial bullshit!
>>
>>85791406

GOT HIM
>>
>>85791319
>oh i can, it's just not that important?

Yeah. It's like they can't understand that we hear their objections, we just don't give a shit.

>>85791334
>Someone who doesn't care about comics.

See? They keep trying to draw these lines.

>A real fan would demand whites only.

lol

Fuck that guy.
>>
>>85791406
And look at what happened after slavery and segregation and all the other liberated African countries.
>>
>>85791402
I didn't say either one of those things. I said I could see both sides of the argument but I lean more in favor of the people that actually care about the character outside of the movies. You lean more in favor about the people that don't cause you don't. The difference is I dont scream racism/bigotry because I disagree with another's point of view.
>>
>>85790946
>You can tell how someone is based on a picture. Of course you can, obviously. Sure.

I can look at how someone presents themselves to others from the pics of her that have been put out.

She *looks* obnoxious. I'm not saying she *is*, I never met her or seen her in anything other than those pics. Those pics give me a bad impression.

>There's nothing wrong with making an effort to get some more colors in your movie.

I think there is no problem if you're doing something with it, I think it has a chance of looking like a gimmick if not.

You're working with a previously existing IP. I can say, based on my previous reading of Spider-Man "that guy looks like a good Flash Thompson" or whatever, because we already have 50+ years of Flash to look back on.

We can't say if this girl is a good Mary Jane as the movie hasn't been released. We certainly can say "well, she really doesn't look like Mary Jane" because we have years of Mary Jane to compare her too.

I doubt many will go see this movie because of these casting choices, unless it turns out they're just all wrong as characters and it turns into a "this is too different from what I want from a Spider-Man movie" (ex: Snyder Superman).
>>
>>85791296
People don't use that kind of passive-aggressive teenager lingo on 4chan, it marks you as an invader from the accursed reddits or tumblr.

If you were genuinely interested on integrating with the locals, I'd advise you lurk moar, but you're obviously just here to stir shit up, so kindly fuck off.
>>
>>85791406
>This is the same mentality that allowed slavery for 100s of years.

lol

>MJ *Has* to be white.

"I don't give a shit, so not really."

>This is why slavery happened.

lol

You guys are totally broken and it's kind of funny. It's also kind of sad.
>>
>>85789951
it bothered the fuck out of me
and I was 6 (I think)
>>
>>85791530
You have to be 18 to post here little guy.
>>
>>85791443
>I lean more in favor of the people that actually care about the character outside of the movies.

Have you noticed that the side you're leaning on *also* has all the racists? Just curious.

>>85791520
>I'd advise you lurk moar,

Ever notice that every time someone disagrees with these guys (who always have the worst opinions), it's because you're a dirty outsider and obviously new to the board. They always try to attack the person when they've been completely blown out of the argument.

"REEEEEEEEE. You don't belong here. REEEEEEEEEEE!"

It's cute, and I always take it as them saying "please stop being right.", but it gets a bit repetitive.

Son, this isn't your board. Grow up and stop trying to out-group people when they say things you don't like. It never works. Haven't you noticed this by now?
>>
>>85790375
So if we had a black Black Cat with a suit that was stitched together and had lenses and a whip?
>>
>>85791576
>You have to be 18 to post here little guy.

You obviously don't have to be smart. We can tell cause, well, there you are. Son.
>>
>>85791696
>Have you noticed that the side you're leaning on *also* has all the racists? Just curious.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

That's how unlikable your personality is. You're worse than racism.
>>
>>85791765
>The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

And apparently the enemy is black actresses. Have fun with that.
>>
>>85791696
Hey dude, I have a question:
I think black chicks are hot, but only when they're acting white. For example, if she's listening to gangsta rap and screaming about child support or whatever, I can't find her attractive. She could be trying to get me to fuck her and I won't be into it. But if she acts like a white person and talks like a white person, and all that, black chicks can be pretty fucking hot.

Does that make me a racist?

I don't actually give a shit about who's playing Mary Jane. I'm not into redheads.
>>
>>85787133

Cloud Atlas
>>
>>85791933
>I'm not into redheads.

Get out.
>>
File: 5222440108490.jpg (23KB, 500x327px)
5222440108490.jpg
23KB, 500x327px
>>85787053
But it did
Comic fans were pretty out spoken about the lack of Iconic suits and a 6 foot Australian playing a 5 foot Canadian
>>
>>85791017
Fuck you
>>
>>85787053
But it did bother me OP, you insufferable faggot. It did bother me.

Bob Hoskins as Wolverine when?
>>
>>85788697
If anything she'll be miles better than Dunst.
>>
>>85792352

I initially thought they could have done better, but she probably nailed the audition and she *has* put on a lot of weight since then.

I'll reserve judgement for the movie.

What does piss me off about the DC flicks? They got Batman cracking jokes in the new movie left and right, couldn't even let fucking superman crack a smile. What the actual fuck? How did they get that so bass ackwards?

That's the kind of shit you're supposed to get pissed about, imho.
>>
>>85790728
>>Let's talk about black stats in out totally not racist thread about how a black woman can't be a model and red hair *is* the character and her boobs have to be DDs or the whole movie is *ruined*.

You're acting like this particular tangent didn't start because of someone trying to cite "statistical evidence" validating their racism that turned out to be incorrect.
>>
>>85792542
How dare we want comic book accuracy in a comic book movie.
>>
>>85792498
Welcome to the DC movie universe. This is just the start, mark my words.
>>
>>85792542

Arguing with them over their cooked up stats and shit never works. If the study doesn't line up with their preconceived notions it's some wicked jew plot or lefty plot, or SJW plot or whatever brand of asshole you're arguing with is the most angry at.

That one study from 1982 though, with a sample size of like 24? That shit's the real deal.

Just call them assholes. For one thing, they are assholes. It's a lot easier and a most importantly it's a whole lot more fun. You cannot reason someone out of something that doesn't come from reason. It's a complete waste of time.
>>
>>85792592
>How dare we want comic book accuracy in a comic book movie.

You can want whatever you want. We can not care. Isn't it nice when things just work out?
>>
>>85790728
>Entire facial structures differ between races

>lol

Fantastic rebuttal. Anyone with a single working eye can tell you facial structure changes between races.
>>
>>85792498
>I initially thought they could have done better, but she probably nailed the audition and she *has* put on a lot of weight since then.

Not really, no
>>
>>85787053
Everyone had a problem with Jackman being a lanklet except the bishes but they don't count.
>>
>>85787053
But people did have an issue with movie Wolverine being tall.
>>
>>85792742
Well, okay. But since I actually care about Spiderman and am a fan, I daresay my opinion on the franchise is more valid than your own.

>>85792708
>being this delusional
Yeah, man. It's not like the lack of black fathers is a huge and well known issue in the community.

Lemme guess, Mike Brown didn't do nothing?
>>
>>85792744
>Fantastic rebuttal.

How much of a reply do you think that kind of concern is worth? You know how much of a reply I think it merits cause you quoted it.

The entitlement is real with you kids, isn't it?

>>85792887
>But since I actually care about Spiderman and am a fan

You say that as if I'm not. How does that work out for you? "I care about her red hair, that makes me the real fan."

Well, maybe a real fan thinks that there's more to Mary Jane than her face's bone structure.

>>85792887
>Mike Brown didn't do nothing?

See? It's just like I said. This guy is an asshole. I'm not going to try to go through his mindset. I'm not going to read any stromfront links he has to offer. I'm just going to call him an asshole.

Hey, dude. You're an asshole.

Easy. Fun. Done.
>>
Gingers are naturally pale. It's part of the attraction. No my reason isn't deep and no it won't change your way of thinking but it's how I feel, it's a possible miscast plain and simple just like that manlet that played Venom, Tobey as Spider-Man, that dude that played Gobin in ASM2 along with Electro, and that fucking guy playing Flash in Homecoming.
As for Wolverine, I've never been a fan. I watched the X-men film for Prof X, Magneto, and Mystique.
>>
>>85793048
Okay, then, Tumbrina. Tell me: what positive change is there to be had by making MJ a brunette black chick?
>>
>>85793134
>What positive change is there to be had by making MJ a brunette black chick?

The best one of all. It pissed people like you off.
>>
>>85793134
What are the negative ones?
>>
>>85793048
>How much of a reply do you think that kind of concern is worth? You know how much of a reply I think it merits cause you quoted it.

>The entitlement is real with you kids, isn't it?

I was just expecting you to acknowledge this so it would be weird for someone of a different race to play another character of a different race. But you'd rather dodge that shit. Don't you have a Steven Universe thread to attend?
>>
>>85793181
so you're just here to stir shit

to that i say fuck you
>>
>>85793211
If you read the thread you'll see everyone's concerns but for some reason the tumblrina can't even name a single actual reason why they should make her black.
>>
>>85793211
It's a comic book movie. She's playing a comic book character that she does not in any way resemble.

You don't need a reason NOT to change something. You need a reason to, and beyond "lel it made you mad" I haven't gotten one.

And just like with Ghostbusters this'll mean you can't criticize this money without being a racist stormfront /pol/tard neonazi. Which we're already seeing.
>>
>>85788716
>Did you see any other 20 year old actresses who auditioned for the part?
any pics?
>>
>>85793299
>this money
kek this is so true
>>
>>85793262
The tumblrina is being preachy about it, but i don't think he's wrong. What concerns are there to be had? I see a guy saying that MJ is barely more than her looks and thus she MUST be redhead otherwise she's nothing, but what kind of attitude is that? Dunst had the looks and yet everyone seems to agree she barely resembles MJ

That being said i don't even believe the rumour. I just don't see the reason to freak out so much over such a minor thing, real or not. And i'm an MJ fag, i'm one of those people eternally mad about OMD
>>
At least she's getting BLEACHED so there's that. They never seem to have a problem with the race swapped characters taking the white dick.
>>
>>85787053

The problem is that somewhere out there is a guy who does the casting for comic book characters, and his dyslexia acts up around the word "ginger" when he is reading character descriptions.
>>
>>85793341
Yeah, I fucked that up. Met movie.

>>85793349
That's because Dunst had the character of MJ changed to a girl next door thing. But at least she physically looked like the character.
>>
>>85793245
>Don't you have a Steven Universe thread to attend?

>>85793262
>tumblrina

>>85793349
>tumblrina

>>85793413
>his dyslexia acts up around the word "ginger" when he is reading character descriptions.

What I like about this argument is that it's the guys on your side that make my side look so good. Sucks for you, I guess.
>>
>>85793258
>so you're just here to stir shit

No. I'm here to talk about comic book stuff. Sometimes that involves telling kids that they can't always have it their way. I'm sorry but if you're mad about "bone structure" or "naturalness of the red hair", then you deserve to be mad as fuck.

I get to enjoy you being mad as fuck too.
>>
>>85793519
at least our side has better jokes

wereas you are the joke
>>
>>85793519
Not an argument.
>>
>>85793576
But why
>>
>>85793414
>That's because Dunst had the character of MJ changed to a girl next door thing

Well, yeah, that's the point, the looks don't make the whole character. Assuming she is indeed MJ, crying about Zendaya looking different when there's a chance they might pull off the character in a way closer to the original than Dunst's is a tiny bit hypocritical, isn't it? Or at least superficial. What's more important to the character, her hair or her personality? When can we call her faithful to the comic counterpart, when she resembles the character or when she's written similarly? Does it need to be like the comic in every way to be considered good? The Raimi Spiderman movies are still some of the best, if not THE best
>>
>>85793519

>your side
>looking good

Yeah, I would probably think that too, if I believed beauty was a social construct.
>>
>>85793667
Says the guy mad about race. Lol
>>
>>85788697
This is ok too but my main thing is the porcelain skin and freckles.
>>
>>85793717

Who says I am mad about race? I like to drop jokes and find it weird that MJ is now a flat mulatoo half-breed. You are the one who is going "Race war!".
>>
>>85793791
This desu. Anons just say they don't like the casting cause it's simply not the mj from the comics and sjws are the ones blowing it up. Why are they so defensive holy shit.
>>
I literally think the reason this swap is so much bigger than previous ones is that redheads are perfect beings with milky skin and freckles on the bridge of their nose and their hair is the perfect contrast to their skin and every feature just accentuates the other features.

Zendaya is hot but she's not redhead hot.
>>
File: fornoraisin.jpg (45KB, 625x645px) Image search: [Google]
fornoraisin.jpg
45KB, 625x645px
>>85793832
Teenager culture now is this weird thing where the more you like black people, the more popular you are with all your white friends.

They don't really have any interest in the movie or know anything about Zendaya at all...they just want to be able to tell their friends that they're super excited a black person in the media is doing a thing, because that makes them sound cool
>>
>>85793873
Actually, IRL Gingers are renknowned for being hideously creepy looking monster-people who look like albinos who walked through a tomato sauce rain shower.

Redheads who don't have a really, really gross contrast of too-pale skin, too-many freckles, and too-bright-orange hair is rare as fuck.

Also, most comic book redheads look like dye jobs. Like look at the OP image, her hair is a dark wine-red that doesn't occur in nature instead of auburn.
>>
>>85793931
ive met a lot of sexy redheads
its the men who look like how you have described
>>
>>85793931
I agree on all of that except I think the implication is that she's supposed to be a natural redhead. There's no reason to write a character with dyed hair unless she's supposed to be trashy or old.

For some reason pink hair or a natural color is fine but an unrealistic shade of a real hair color indicates a trashy person to me.

But yes, most natural redheads ARE very strange looking and all the more reason to represent with the pretty ones.
>>
>>85793880

It used to be cool to have black friends. Now you don't have to work that hard, you just have to say how great black people are.

Do black people realise that their main cultural power is as a fashion accessory for whites?
>>
>>85794087
They realize that and everything else and then make up shit to be mad about. Their main cultural power is being offended.
>>
File: livingmeme.jpg (39KB, 600x615px) Image search: [Google]
livingmeme.jpg
39KB, 600x615px
>>85794138
>Their main cultural power is being offended.
>thier
>they
>>
>>85790946
You type like a woman with too much free time
>>
Is she going to have red hair? Because I love red hair.

Stop red head erasure! MJ is my waifu, Wally is my husbando.
>>
>>85790986
ms. skeletal strikes again
>>
>>85790283
We were more mad that Billy Dee was replaced by Tommy Lee.
>>
>>85794138

are you talking about the people bitching about black mj?
>>
>>85794855
To clarify - nobody was mad about Billy Dee Williams as Harvey Dent.

People were, however, angry that Billy Dee was denied the opportunity to play Two Face.
>>
>>85794895
that would have been interesting to see his version of Two-Face
>>
>>85794977
I haven't read it myself, but judging by the cover, DC's Batman '89 has just that.
>>
>>85795020
>Cat boss
>I'M IN STITCHES
>>
>>85787053
Huge ACTMan can act,

Zedniga had been upstaged by c class celebrities
>>
>>85794871
I'm talking about black people demanding things because their ancestors had it bad and then saying it's racist to not want white characters blackwashed while saying whitewashing is racist.
>>
>>85795020
i love the moustache
>>
>>85787053
It's like I'm really on /pol/ with a bait thread of this little effort.
>>
>>85787053
but it does
>>
>>85794632
>You type like a woman with too much free time

When you make an assumption you make an ass out of u and mption.
>>
The people upset over this aren't looking at this from a writing perspective. You're fucking losers that can't understand race only matters if it's essential to their character.

Batman can't be nigger. The Waynes come from old money so Bruce neeeds at least one white parent, he can only be half nigg at most. Hal Jordan needs to be white and racists. Hulk's race doesn't matter.

MJ has never been more than her sweet personality and a wet pussy. She can be nigger, fake red hair is fine for her character
>>
I always thought Karl Urban should be the replacement Wolverine, but he's about the same height as Hugh Jackman.
>>
I think she's the hottest love interest in a spider-man movie to date.
>>
>>85787809
No, pale vaguely European people are exactly the same.

Diversity literally means 'brown people'.
>>
>>85796998
Diverse means "not white". Or yellow.
>>
>>85797061
diversity should mean minority, i.e. white people.

also how the fuck has this thread not been deleted by now by our new overlord?
>>
>>85797110
It always bugs me how you never hear people bitching for diversity in African or Chinese movies.
>>
>>85797133
that's because african and chinese people are sane
>>
>>85797152
It's because they aren't America. America is diverse. Those places aren't.
>>
>>85797312
>implying
There are other kinds of people in those countries. Comparable to the 13% nigger population of the US.

And yet you never see people bitching for white representation in Chinese or African movies. Why is that?
>>
>>85797367
because it would be racist, now please stop asking stupid questions
>>
I bet they were really eyeing Bella Thorne for MJ. But since she's slutty and bisexual, they went with the black girl for minority points.
>>
>>85797367
>13% nigger population

We aren't racist. It's about staying true to the comics *roots*.

lol.
>>
>>85790129
I see you and I agree with you. Jackman will always be my favorite Logan.
>>
>>85789573
>>85789586
>>85789559
>>85788716
>>85788697
>>85788017
>>85787802
>>85787670
Are you guys actually for real? I have a feeling you arent.

Also rosa parks biopic starring emilia clarke. In Gunns own words we should look at personality not skin color
>>
>>85787152
>they didn't try making logan a manlet though
Well the thing is Jackman - who is a pretty damned good Logan otherwise - was literally hired at the last moment.

Look at him in the first X-Men movie compared to the later ones. He looks almost scrawny in the first one compared to his ripped body later, because he didn't have time to seriously bulk up.
>>
>>85790013
MJ has little unique personality. Her defining trait is how she looks. Therefore, people want her to look just like the comic book character.

JJJ on the other hand is a stand-out character. Getting his personality right is by a massive margin the most important thing. Everything else is irrelevant, including his race.
>>
>>85790673
/thread
>>
Logan in 5'3? Shit I thought he was like 5'6
>>
>>85787053
>strawman: the thread
MOOOOOOODS
>>
>>85789951
die, you fat virgin
>>
>>85799244
if being racist upsets you, I'll be the most racist person in the world. to kill you would be doing this world a favor.
>>
>>85795955
Batman was a nigger in an elseworld story written by Stan Lee. You are dumb, and you should shut the fuck up, because people like you should be aborted before being born
>>
>>85801126
>Are you guys actually for real?

Yes. Part of the character's identity is that she's a 10/10 redhead. Nigger's can't be that.

>In Gunns own words we should look at personality not skin color

The other part is that she's a party girl. Which the character that this girl is playing has been described as anything but.
>>
>>85787053
Why does everyone use the same fucking picture of MJ

Granted it's a nice picture, but it's odd she has freckles
>>
>>85801481
But in that shoop Terry Crews has got the hair and Hitlerstache down. Looks are still important

If JK Simmons had played Jonah the exact same way but bald and bearded (like in those gym pics) it would still feel off.
>>
File: MJ.jpg (133KB, 500x600px)
MJ.jpg
133KB, 500x600px
>>85804275

?
>>
>>85804220
>The other part is that she's a party girl. Which the character that this girl is playing has been described as anything but.

Which is why i don't personally believe she's MJ. She's described as an hardworking and awkward girl, she has purple hair, and if the rest of the race-bended cast was officially announced why would "Michelle" still be a lie? To try legitimize the rumour people are doing all these jumps and theories that just feel so stupid considering the MCU's track record about adapting characters so far

>She's Mary Jane and she'll turn hot at the end of the movie!
>She's actually Michelle but then they'll reveal she has a second name that starts with J so she'll still be technically MJ!
>She was actually written as Michelle initially but then they turned her into MJ for brand-recognition!

And if you try question it people start mentioning that the leaker (El mayimbe or something?) is always 100% legit, when in reality he was in recent memory wrong about Nova being Starlord's father, wrong about Spidey's casting for CW and (partially) wrong when he said Planet Hulk was going to be a movie
>>
>>85787053
It worked for Kingpin in the Daredevil movie.

It can work for this.
>>
Did Bendis like her?
>>
File: 1406610941495.jpg (57KB, 599x576px)
1406610941495.jpg
57KB, 599x576px
>>85787053
I don't have an issue with it. She's not black enough to be a problem.
>>
>>85787053

Maybe because most of /co/ were underage shitters when the first x-men movie came out.
>>
>>85804361
>Which is why i don't personally believe she's MJ. She's described as an hardworking and awkward girl, she has purple hair, and if the rest of the race-bended cast was officially announced why would "Michelle" still be a lie? To try legitimize the rumour people are doing all these jumps and theories that just feel so stupid considering the MCU's track record about adapting characters so far

I thought we were having a disagreement. Literally everything you said there is what I think is going down.
>>
>>85804586
Oh, i'm not the anon you were talking to before. Although to be fair i don't disagree with him or Gunn. I don't believe Zendaya is MJ, but if she is i'll reserve judgement until i see the movie, even if i can be a bit disappointed in the looks
>>
>get the whitest possible picture of a nigger to try and spin your point

Kek.

Not even famous black people like being black as pretty much all of them use skin lightening prodcuts
>>
>>85787179
>>85787772

he's called the WOLVERINE - an animal that is rage filled and takes on without fear animals much bigger. His size is a fundamental part of his character.
>>
People saying there's no problem with this are typically the same libshits that get their panties in a bunch when a white person "culturally appropriates" a non-white character. I'm sure Marvel will make her a sassy, non-nonsense back talker now that she's black, bring on Mary Jemima!
>>
>>85801481
> Her defining trait is how she looks

her defining traits are that she's hot, has red hairs and says tiger in the same sentence as jackpot.
hair are easy to dye red and the line just has to be recited. The only requirement for an actress to be MJ is to be hot.
>>
>>85804843

This. The people celebrating a white character being played by a black girl are the same people that complained the white iron fist is being played by a white actor.
>>
>>85804220
>Nigger
oh I'm sure you are only interested in "preserving the source material" and not motivated at all by racism.
Who could ever think that you are racist.
>>
>>85804848

>magically skips over the trait that she is a Caucasian
>>
>>85804867
because that trait is only important to racist insecure basement dwellers. As this thread proves.
>>
>>85804894

So her skin color isn't important but her hair color is?

Also, you constantly claiming something is racist doesn't make it so.
>>
It should also be mentioned that Hugh Jackman played him at a time where we'd settle for just about anyone to portray Wolverine on the big screen. Not to mention the social climate was somewhat different.
>>
Red hair doesnt look good on black girls. You cant prove me wrong
>>
>>85804848
>says tiger in the same sentence as jackpot.
Fuck you, Slott, stop referencing that
Well, actually, just stop writing Spider-man altogether.
>>
>>85805009

Inb4 Rihanna who is 5% black
>>
>>85787053
I want Christina Hendricks to play MJ in the Mayday movie
What? I want a Mayday movie.
>>
>>85787053
Logan is still white. Also, fuck you.
>>
>>85804919
ctr-f nigger

>>85804631
>>85804220
>>85803771
>>85790936
>>85795955
>>85797367

and those are only the easily searchable posts, because I'm not going to read and link every other post made in here.
But just as a title of example
>>85797536
>>85803755
>>85804843

the onply people upset about the possibility of MJ not being white are /pol/tards
>>
>>85805066
>this one person said nigger therefore ANYONE who dislikes race swaps is racist

Quality logic. 10/10. You seem like a reasonable sane person.
>>
>>85804843
jesus christ this projecting. i dont give a shit about her race dude, or any actors fucking race man. stop trying to turn this into politics
>>
File: 1444404652909.jpg (63KB, 638x399px)
1444404652909.jpg
63KB, 638x399px
>>85787053

I don't care, and I bet a huge majority of people don't care at all.

this is always one of two things, a small group of shit trolls trying to make something out of nothing, or a small group of white power shits actually making something out of nothing.

either way, it's fucking nothing.
>>
People have always complained about Jackman's appearance though, saying he was too handsome or too tall. Fans just want to see the characters they know portrayed properly. It's not a race issue when people complain about costumes looking shitty, it shouldn't become a race issue when the same people complain that the actor doesn't look right for the character. Is it a race issue when people complain that Bendydick Cummerbund looks too weird to play Strange? Of course not, and it's the exact same complaint.
>>
>>85805091

So you seriously think the people that complained when Danny Rand was cast as a white guy didn't celebrate this black chick being cast in a white role?
>>
>>85805074
>one person
>it's multiple people replying to each other too
>using racial insults doesn't make you racist

>>85805091
trying to pretend that it's not about race after you've already been exposed is pretty pathetic tbqh lad
>>
>>85805098
But I'm neither of those things and I'm against race swapping. So clearly its more than two things.
>>
Its perfectly fine to race swap characters. If you disagree with me then you are racist.

If you try to argue with me you racist.

Also if any character is race swapped to be white that becomes racist.
>>
>>85805140
Remember the last chick people thought would be playing MJ? A white redhead
And ugly white redhead
And people were angry because she didn't look like comic-MJ

But now it's a black-ish chick, so we're racist if we keep complaining that this new girl doesn't look like MJ
>>
>>85805098
>anyone who disagrees with me is a troll
>>
>People keep posting pics of her with photo shopped hair
im afraid you are the ones who are in denial
>>
File: 1467465064757.jpg (32KB, 339x434px)
1467465064757.jpg
32KB, 339x434px
>>85790385

>the majority of anything
>not even an entire minority group

>white 63% of US pop
>black 12% of US pop
>12%
>12 fucking per fucking cent you fucking idiot

you did great in math I bet.
>>
>>85787053
People pointed it out all the fucking time.
The wolverine movies are generally agreed to be shit, and most people are glad he's not been in the last few X-Men movies.
idk what world you live in where nobody had issue with the disparity.
>>
>>85787053
The ironic thing here is that so many people would have been offended if Marvel casted a white man to play Black Panther.
>>
>>85787053
Nothing. Mary Jane is trash and so is Zendaya and so is Spider-Man
>>
>>85805218
forget white-washing, they're soot-staining all the white characters
>>
>>85804864
>oh I'm sure you are only interested in "preserving the source material" and not motivated at all by racism.

Everyone is racist here.
>>
>>85787053
>Jackman
proven actor
>Zendaya
Disney shit tier actress. Probably only cast cause Disney wants to push her as a star
>>
Changing a character's race implies changing literally everything about them. Their experiences growing up, their ancestry, their last fucking names origin, their backstory, their family, their views on the world, everything.

Black people and white people, especially from fucking poor areas in queens, would be radically different experience wise. Just being white would change the entire way you perceive the world.

You can't simply change someone's race. Period. It's stupid, it's damaging to the character, and it's a retarded thing to do. Implement more ACTUAL black characters, like Black Panther.

OR, if you want to be progressive, NEXT FUCKING TIME, get a white guy to play Black Panther. Then you can get a black girl to play Mary Jean Weightson.
>>
>>85805204
>trying to start a Statistics battle with /pol/
>>
>>85806651
This is literally all you ever say to a cop, under any circumstance.

"Yes officer"
"No officer"

You never move your hands from your sides/wheel, and if they arrest you, you say nothing.

You talk to the judge. You never scream or get violent with the cop. The judge is the one with the actual power.
>>
>>85806690
that is true but I don't know many people smart enough to realize this. Besides that rule only applies to men, women can get away with far more chatter

one of my friends with big tits makes sure to display them better when pulled over for speeding and has never gotten a ticket. They let her off every time
>>
>>85806838
Women won't get away with hooping and hollering either.
>>
>>85790028
Just as bad.
>>
Tom Holland gets that nice, thicc black ass. Can't wait to see him make out with her on screen in the pivotal moment while Tony Stark is in the background fucking Aunt May and then Vulture swoops in with his black girlfriend.
>>
>>85787053
I was more mad about Oscar Isaac as Apocalypse. What a shitty casting choice.
>>
>>85804275
Campbell always draws her with freckles. Most natural redheads actually have freckles.
>>
>>85806838

What if the officer is a woman? Is your friend hot enough to turn another woman gay?
>>
>>85807220
What Thicc Black Ass? Zeydana sure doesn't have one.
>>
File: yhst-88958764665118_2227_574224.jpg (118KB, 550x850px) Image search: [Google]
yhst-88958764665118_2227_574224.jpg
118KB, 550x850px
>>85807268
>Campbell always draws her with freckles.

That ain't Campbell's work. Unless there's more than one.
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.