[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dreamworks vs Pixar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (116KB, 1242x1179px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116KB, 1242x1179px
Is this the right place to bring up my issues with pixar?

I mean, Pixar does make good movies, but Dreamworks makes equally good movies. I feel like because of branding (Pixar being more popular) and people saying Dreamworks steals from them (they work in the same corporate and with the same writers, so some wires are bound to cross) have made people denounce Dreamworks movies without watching them.

I mean, I came up with a romance story about angels. A few days later in a bookstore, I saw a book that was a romance about angels, but with an entirely different plot.
That doesn't mean I stole the idea.

Saying SharkTale stole from Finding Nemo just because it has fish in it is bull.
Finding nemo a guy looks for his son.

Shark Tale: Will Smith Fish helps a gay gangster shark out of trouble by pretending he killed the other shark, becomes a crime boss and rich and famous, helps gay shark come out to his father, and gets the girl.

Bugs Life: Ants defend from grasshoppers with help of outcast bug.

Antz: they rescue some shit I don't know I haven't seen it recently enough to make a good argument, but I remember enough to know it isn't the same story.

Also, there isn't a comparrison for it, but Bee movie is one of my favorite movies. Bee falls in love with a human, but is mad because they take honey, gets honey production shut down, discover bees need to make honey to make flower, bees are useful, and not bad insects to be squashed on sight.

Not to mention Shrek. Shrek was probably the first animated movie I saw, and I would watch it over and over again, because in my smol child mind maybe I thought something would change. I laughed even though I really didn't get the jokes until years later. I can almost recite the whole movie word for word.

Shrek was made by a scorned Disney director to make fun of disney.

Madagascar; Penguins of madagascar.

The penguins were my favorite. I didn't care much for Marty and the gang, but those penguins. Those amazing penguins.
>>
I think they did literally have insider information so that they could literally try to imitate all of Pixar's premisises
>>
>>85784264
My point is that Dreamworks deals with more adult topics and more in depth stories but I'm mad Pixar gets so much popularity just because of branding by Disney and not on actual merit or content.
>>
>>85784507

dreamworks relies mostly on popculture references making OCCASIONALY a pretty good movie (HTTYD, Megamind, KFP) while Pixar used to make movies based on emotions, after Disney bought Pixar is nothing but a sequel making machine, however Dreamworks is not doing any better.
>>
You can't really defend Antz as not stealing from Pixar, since they literally made Antz as a way to compete with it.
>>
File: co_on_any_given_day.gif (173KB, 500x268px) Image search: [Google]
co_on_any_given_day.gif
173KB, 500x268px
>DreamWorks makes equally good movies
Aaaaaaand stopped reading there.
DreamWorks puts out maybe one decent movie every 5 or so years.

If it weren't for HTTYD, Megamind and the first 2 Shreks, they'd be on par with Illumination.
>>
In my opinion, they are equally bad and good.

I mean I don't like how their only weapon is "give them feels".

I like movies that make you think and Dreamworks movies make you think.
>>
>>85784796
You might burn me at the steak for this, but I wasn't that fond of HTTYD.
>>
>>85785180
I haven't seen either one, I just included it because of all the praise it gets on /co/.
Haven't seen Megamind either at that, included it for the same reason.
>>
The problem I have with Dreamworks is if you read up on Jeffery Katzenberg, it paints a few of their movies in a different light.

Shrek is literally a pissbaby tantrum in movie form. It's incredibly anti-Disney to the point where the villain is a caricature of Micheal Eisner. This isn't because of any legit satire, it's because Katzenburg was still mad that Eisner got the Disney CEO promotion over him and wanted revenge.

Antz and Sharktale were lousy attempts to beat Pixar to the box office so it would look like Pixar were the plagiarists instead.

Once Dreamworks stopped trying to be the Nega-Disney and started doing their own shit, like KFP, HTTYD and ROTG, they got better.

I don't know what's going on now where they've started making pre-schooler crap like Home and Trolls.
>>
>>85785409
They unexpectedly made a bunch of money selling How to Train Your Dragon toys, so they've been trying out things that they hope will also sell toys.
>>
File: edge3.gif (443KB, 200x126px) Image search: [Google]
edge3.gif
443KB, 200x126px
>>85785409
You know, before this thread I wasn't aware that Shrek was a jab at Disney, then again the "taking classic fairy tales and fairy tale tropes and twisting them" premise the entire series has should've tipped me off to that.

Regardless, at least Shrek is able to stand as its own thing, pissbaby tantrum or not.
>>
>>85785792
Plus I mean it was a little fucking funny.
At least that "small world" joke had me in hysterics as a kid without understand it was meant to insult Disney.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.