[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about the Transformers comics. What are the good ones?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

Tell me about the Transformers comics.

What are the good ones? The bad ones? I hear the current IDW series is good but it fallows some kind of continuity that I don't get so I don't know where to start

Also they're apparently canon with the rest of the Marvel universe in the 80's since Marvel UK published them? And Death's Head made his first appearance in that?
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 388x331px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 388x331px
>>85783177
The Marvel Transformers comics aren't canon but Death's Head is. He was originally from the Transformers universe but was taken to 616 by the 7th Doctor.
>>
File: giphy.gif (951KB, 340x213px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
951KB, 340x213px
>>85783461
>He was originally from the Transformers universe but was taken to 616 by the 7th Doctor.
>>
>>85783504
Death's Head is weird character. He's seen some shit.
>>
Start at Infiltration if you want to start at the very beginning. Otherwise just skip to Last Stand Of The Wreckers and then jump into Robots In Disguise and More Than Meets The Eye.

Transformers General has a complete reading guide.
>>
>>85783461
The Marvel Transformers are, like every other Marvel comic ever published, canon to their own universe, ie, they happened there and it is otherwise (in the case of Marvel's Transformers) pretty much the same place as 616.

>>85783461
The Doctor is also etc

>>85783504
Time travel. Best not to think about it.

>>85783177
Death's Head officially made his first appearance in a 1-page strip which was published in Marvel-owned titles (ie, not franchised titles like Transformers) about a month before his first appearance in Marvel UK's (weekly) Transformers title, for the avoidance of doubt over which company owned the character, because his creators (Simon Furman and Geoff Senior) thought they'd come up with someone who was too good to just be forgotten when the TF series inevitably ended. So unlike the characters of Circuit Breaker (Josie Beller) or GB Blackrock (who is literally a Tony Stark, but not Iron Man, stand-in) or the RAAT (a SHIELD-like organisation which hunts Transformers), Marvel still owns Death's Head because he appeared in their house titles first.

There is a second Transformers comic involving the New Avengers, published by I think Marvel during IDW's early period, which is canon (in the way that crossovers are canon, ie never mentioned again because of rights clearance) to both universes, but not in the same continuity as the earlier Marvel Transformers comics.
>>
>>85784826
Spider-Man met the cast of Saturday Night Live in 616.

When John Belushi was still in.
>>
>>85783461
Death's Head was pretty cool, don't know if he worked as a main character of his own comic line though
>>
>>85783177
Read the recent Transformers/GI Joe crossover maxiseries, and then start IDW from the Death of Optimus Prime if you want to catch up quickly or from Infiltration if you want to read the whole thing
>>
>>85783177
>I hear the current IDW series is good
You heard wrong
>>
>>85783177
Read RiD and MTMTE up until Dark Cybertron then drop it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.