[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are variant covers ever acceptable?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: star-wars-1-covers-grid.jpg (136KB, 575x237px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-1-covers-grid.jpg
136KB, 575x237px
Are variant covers ever acceptable?
>>
>>85783049
If you're employed in one of those positions in the industry where profit triumphs over everything, yeah.
>>
>>85783049
What's wrong with them? What if the art on a variant is better/cuter?
>>
>>85783049

Blank variants seem kind of inexcusable.
>>
>>85783049
Variant covers are always acceptable, if done well.
>>
>>85783049
Yeah if it's a particularly nice one.
>>
>>85783049
Variants can be acceptable, but pushing 30+ variants for an issue is generally a sign that you're trying to exploit the market.

Especially if those variants are retailer incentives that require you to buy X amount of issues before being allowed to buy Y number of covers.
>>
>>85783145
>cuter
Remove yourself from the genepool. Right now.
>>
Eh, I like them when it's cool alternative art or there's a cool thematic thing. Stuff like b&w versions or those action figure variants I don't get

>>85783180

the gimmick is you take them to a con and get your fav artist to draw on it. which makes more sense than a lotta variants
>>
>>85783280
Action figure variants are cool.
Just not when they're used all the time.
>>
>>85783049
if they don't overdo them or do the 1:1000 shit yes

artists usually need extra shit like covers for more money since ongoings suck, and variants ensure more possibilities
and lcses can sell some variants for more than the cover price, which i assume they like
>>
>>85783049
I feel like the arrangement would serve everyone better if, rather than covers, they were commissioning those pictures to be distributed and limited edition posters that come with the comic
you'd get more customers willing to buy multiple copies of a comic to get the whole set that way
>>
>>85783049
Not when comic stores hike the price to like $35 dollars for hype issue.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.