[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The english dub kinda sucks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: Wakfu_Characters.jpg (125KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Wakfu_Characters.jpg
125KB, 640x480px
The english dub kinda sucks
>>
>>85778762
awkwardly sung intro music
whack-foo
grew-gah-lohrah-graan
I actually tried to watch it since the kickstarter trailers with Eva and Tristepin seem alright, but I can't make it past the first episode because I'm too used to the original voices and pronunciations.
>>
>>85778762
not kinda....does.
They tried tho'
>>
File: uh.png (163KB, 307x407px) Image search: [Google]
uh.png
163KB, 307x407px
How does Tristepin sounds like in english ?

TWRISTPAIN ?
THRISTPINNE ?
>>
>>85779899
Doesn't he just have a different name or something?
>>
>>85779899
He's Sir Percedal of Sadlygrove, apparently.
>>
>>85778762

As elitist as it sounds, I always use subtitles with foreign media. It just makes sense to hear the characters with their original voices.
>>
>>85779899
He's just called Percy
>>
>>85779899
As an English speaker, I just call him Tristepin, kind of like Trist-eppin
>>
Is it like most English dubs where they get literal whos to do the VA work and they clearly are terrible VAs?
>>
File: 1413393054204.jpg (106KB, 947x734px) Image search: [Google]
1413393054204.jpg
106KB, 947x734px
>Watching it on Netflix.
>It auto-defaults back to the English dub EVERY EPISODE.
>>
>>85780055

Actually it was supposed to be Percy, which would've been perfect, but they call him Dahly instead.

Still mad.
>>
>>85779600
That trailer was made by a different studio and actors. They should have kept them.

>>85780095
For the most part, yeah, but IIRC Eva's VA worked on Mirror's Edge and others and the Nox VA is a British actor. Some people say it could have been salvaged with better direction (or ANY direction since it doesn't seem like there was much at all), but some of the voices are just too cringy for me.
>>
File: 1466425198717.gif (2MB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
1466425198717.gif
2MB, 480x272px
>>85780124
Fuck, I had the exact same bullshit
>>
>>85778762

dub should have been done in Vancouver.
>>
>>85779600
It sounds a little more like "grew-gah-laura-gran"
Grew, like a plant that was growing.
Gah, like the sound you make as an exclamation of surprise
Laura, like the name of a darling girl who loved gingerbread cookies
Gran, like GRANDMA...
...grewgahlauragran
Is the name of a dragon supposed to sound imposing and mystical? The English dub didn't exactly nail the feel of a fantasy world when it came to pronouncing names.
>>
>>85778762
Not exaggerating, it's the worst official dub I've ever heard.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.