[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: turtles 87.jpg (33KB, 300x279px) Image search: [Google]
turtles 87.jpg
33KB, 300x279px
Why was this adaptation so loose? It isn't just loose, it's extremely loose.
>>
>>85777635
Marketability
>>
File: toxic-crusaders-cast-photo.jpg (50KB, 950x400px) Image search: [Google]
toxic-crusaders-cast-photo.jpg
50KB, 950x400px
>>85777635
it came out in an era when absolutely everything became a cartoon, and I mean everything.

Nowadays we barely have 6 cartoons on air
>>
>>85777818
I remember liking this and then trying to watch the source material when I was a kid. It was all kinds of what the fuck.
>>
>>85779101
I remember watching Toxic Avenger for the first time a few years ago, without any. It was all kinds of what the fuck.

It's all kinds of what the fuck, regardless of your expectations.
>>
>>85777635
There were less than ten issues out when they started negotiating for the cartoon if I'm not mistaken
>>
File: punkfucks.jpg (36KB, 714x547px) Image search: [Google]
punkfucks.jpg
36KB, 714x547px
for the kids, for the censors, for the money.
>>
Because grimdark Turtles aren't fun for kids. It's nice when each turtle has a personality and doesn't look exactly the same.
>>
the 80s had horrible cartoons
>>
>>85779348
>It's nice when each turtle has a personality and doesn't look exactly the same.
But every turtle in the 80s cartoon is exactly the same (despite what the themesong says)
>>
>>85779162
>There were less than ten issues out when they started negotiating for the cartoon if I'm not mistaken

16 issues, That is to say 11 issues of the main series and 5 side-issues. And of course by the end of the cartoon there were almost 100 issues published.

Still, even if we are to go by the logic that there weren't a lot of material to work with and that some things were added to promote the toyline, there still some obvious examples of completely pointless changes:

Why make April a newreporter?
Why make Leatherhead a cajun?
Why have Rock Soldiers when there were Triceratons?
Why have a million time travel episodes without Renet or the Time Scepter?
Why make Splinter human?
Why make Krang look like an Utrom but give him an entirely different backstory from them?
Why wasn't the farmhouse ever included?
Why make the mutagen turn people into animals when simply turning animals humanoid like in the comics would have achieved the same result?
Why make Stockman white?
>>
>>85779406
>But every turtle in the 80s cartoon is exactly the same (despite what the themesong says)

Exactly, thank you. They're all just snarky pizza lovers with minor gimmicks.
>>
>>85779410
>Why make Stockman white
the producers thought it would be insensitive and deemed racially inappropriate to have shredder beat up on and degrade a black man.
>>
File: baxter needs to kill a nigga.jpg (79KB, 479x710px) Image search: [Google]
baxter needs to kill a nigga.jpg
79KB, 479x710px
>>85779540
And that's another thing, that wasn't his role in the comic. Baxter and Shredder didn't even know each other.
>>
File: bebopintensifies.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
bebopintensifies.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.