[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this show so obsessed with fusions now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 26

File: 722.png (331KB, 1024x722px) Image search: [Google]
722.png
331KB, 1024x722px
Why is this show so obsessed with fusions now?
>>
sex sells
>>
Stop posting, Jasper. You are supposed to be corrupted.
>>
>>85774529
FUSION IS COOL
>>
They can't think of anything else interesting to write about.

The most you'll get is Steven crying about some trivial shit.
>>
>>85774529
Why don't they write more episodes like the Bismuth one? That episode was fantastic.
>>
>>85774529
Usually the show will use something in one of the "fillers" as a way to prep for using it in one of the later story episodes. That way people don't watch a fight and say "When the fuck did Steven learn to do that?".
>>
File: HOT RAPE.jpg (19KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
HOT RAPE.jpg
19KB, 640x480px
Two gems fusing is sexual deviancy in their culture, so she gets great sexual arousal from watching other gems fuse.
>>
>>85774529
It's not the show that's obsessed with fusions, it's the fans. They're just appealing to them to gain more viewership.
>>
>>85774612
>Trivial shit
Did you watch the episode?

Stabbign someone through the stomach in self defense ain't trivial shit. Nor is casting someone out into the vacuum of space.
>>
>>85774657
stabbing a gem is sort of like stabbing your reflection in a mirror. no one cares because it's just a fucking illusion
>>
>>85774529
because it's overpowered with no real cost behind it
>>
>>85774870

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Split-brain
>>
>>85774870
I've always assumed that they're still of two minds that become completely in sync. So they both think about the same things, without necesarily sharing the same memories. However, if they choose to think about something in particular, they'd be able to access each other's memories. Like Connie probably could have known about Bismuth if they, as Stevonnie, chose to think about her and access Steven's memories.
>>
>>85774529
>>85774557
Think of it like quadrants for Homestuck's trolls. A somewhat interesting concept that gets way too much focus because shippers are shit and people love romance.
>>
>>85774860
But Fusions are always at least a -1, unless your Fusion Materials float, like with Shaddolls.
>>
>>85774599
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wODKm9cI9Lw
>>
File: fusion vendiagram.png (21KB, 649x637px) Image search: [Google]
fusion vendiagram.png
21KB, 649x637px
>>85774870
The same could be said for Rainbow Quartz, I doubt Rose would easily let Pearl know whatever dastardly secrets out she's been hiding from Pearl and the rest of the CG.

People in a relationship get to know more about each other, but not necessarily all of their secrets.
>>
>>85774529
It's the show's biggest gimmick. No one gave a solitary shit until Giant Woman aired.
>>
>>85774870
Opal, while she has her own identity, seems to share some memories between her components, as indicated when she sings back Steven's song to him.
>>
>>85775346
And I guess ABC Buster Dragon is a +1 if you only banish the materials from your Graveyard.
>>
>>85774529
My opinion, you get to explore new/different characters because you've run out of ideas or hit a wall for the original ones. In a show with out fusion it's the equivalent of introducing a new character and them gradually taking the lead because they're something of a blank slate that you can do whatever you want with. It's just not as bad or noticeable on SU because the "new" character is really just a mashup of two older characters and so it doesn't really register to the viewer that their old/fav is being replaced for any noticeable period of time.
>>
>>85775356
Earth Defense Forces Mecha Fusion vs Homeworld Gem armies when
>>
>>85775480
Hopefully never, because it's going to look like shit.
>>
>>85775420
You say that, but relationship bullshit is a pretty big focus of late Homestuck.
>>
Now that Steven can fuse with Crystal Gems, I think fusions are being more emphasized to keep the concept fresh and build up hype for the inevitable fusions with Pearl and Garnet.
>>
>>85774529
So they can have a weak attempt at making weak gems stronger.
>>
This is now a GaoGaiGar thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iUTP2qDaJo
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4ytNL8AUmw
>>
>>85775564
>protagonist literally saves the story by retconning all of his friend's dysfunctional relationships
>lol it's merely not as big as you think!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYFYZZtnH-E
>>
Because they're not allowed to have sex scenes.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LGS-ywPxWs
>>
>>85774657
>stabbing pretty much holograms
If he really wanted to do something about it, he would of let Bismuth reformed and they could have talked it out with all of the gems.
>Nor is casting someone out into the vacuum of space.
They are immortal. Fuck them anyway. They lived long enough.
>>
>>85775625
When did we fucking start talking about the plot? I just said there was way too much focus on it. You said it yourself, it had no meaning but it was a distraction to the reader, ergo too much focus on it.
>>
>>85774599
GATTAI is cool. Fusion is gay.
>>
>>85775614
Hahaha, how can people watch this shit?
>>
File: GENESIC by れごlith.jpg (1MB, 1199x759px) Image search: [Google]
GENESIC by れごlith.jpg
1MB, 1199x759px
>>85775493
But what if guest animator/designer?
>>
File: Big ol' robots.jpg (889KB, 2460x3350px) Image search: [Google]
Big ol' robots.jpg
889KB, 2460x3350px
>>85775701
>Talking shit about FINAL FUSION
>>
>>85775614
Nobuyuki Hiyama is the most hot blooded VA in japan.
>>
>>85775745
>he voiced OoT Link

Most badass Link got the most badass voice, too bad we never get to hear him speak.
>>
>>85774529
Easy to write drama + fusions are op which will be important against future homeworld gems.
>>
>>85774529
because steven is the fusion of rose and a murder cock sperm
>>
>>85775875
"Let he who is without murder-cock sperm cast the first stone."
>>
>>85775933
it's been confirmed that Rose lies. she said that steven was something new, something different....he's not different. just the same old trick.
>>
>>85775975
Joking aside, I think he's starting to realize that everyone around him would rather have Rose back, and everyone who he's encountered recently think he's Rose.
>>
>>85774529
Fusion is a metaphor for relationships, and since pretty much all successful shows are about character relationships, fusion should be central to the show's theme.
>>
>>85775638
>They are immortal
That makes it way fucking worse. Imagine just floating through space forever with absolutely nothing to do and no way to even die
>>
>>85776051
Eventually the Rubies stopped thinking
>>
>>85775975
Wouldn't it be awful if it was revealed that Steven wasn't the first human-gem "fusion"?
>>
>>85776062
where do you think pink diamond got off to?
>>
File: latest[1].png (481KB, 400x586px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
481KB, 400x586px
Why is this deck so obsessed with fusions?
>>
>>85774529
She gets turned on when there's another fusion around and likes hanging out with other fusions. Amethyst and Pearl don't like fusing, so Garnet doesn't have any fusion pals to yuck it up with. That's why she freaked when Amethyst and Steven fused, since they're more likely to fuse more often than Amethyst and Pearl, and Garnet would have a fusion pal to chill with. With Stevonnie, she gets to have a fusion pal and preach the word of fusion to them, so she may be goading Steven and Connie into permafusing so that she can have a friend like her on Earth because she's lonely in her uniqueness.
>>
>>85775817
>>85775745
Thought I recognized it.

Hi Viral, how's the kid? Oh wait...
>>
>>85776008
They're an alien race of shapeshifters, the only reliable identifier about them is their gem. Steven didn't get his own so every gem that knew Rose sees that stone bellybutton as her real self.
>>
>>85775589
What's the bad news? Why would Steven not fuse with those two
>>
>>85775435
I think it's what you're willing to share
>>
>>85776073
DELET THIS
>>
It really bugs me that they were able to make Garnet a fun character who just happened to be a fusion for all of season 1, and now any time they mention or use her, they just have to throw in a comment about how she's a fusion. It's all anyone ever talks about with her anymore.
>>
>>85776230
>Garnet
>Fun
>Season 1
>not boring and flat
lol
>>
>>85776086
I cannot believe Yugioh ripped off Steven Universe.

Yes, I know Gem-Knights came first, I used to main this deck okay?
>>
>>85774529
Gimmick creep.
>>
>>85775638
>Holograms
The solid light constructs are the Gem's body, it's like calling a human's body a fleshy hologram of their brain.

Besides, it was clear Bismuth had deep seeded issues, talking it out wouldn't do much, at least not until the Homeworld issue is dealt with. As long as Homeworld is a threat, Bismuth would refuse to drop the idea that her methods are the right ones. Not to mention I doubt the other CGs would be very happy to chat with Bismuth when she tried to murder Steven
>>
>>85776470
I didn't know human bodies were a volatile offshoot from our brains that could be reconfigured from a base state
>>
>>85776494
>he hasn't died yet
get a load of this guy
>>
>>85776494
The difference is, the body IS the Gem, even if it's made of light, and can be destroyed and reformed and even altered, without it the Gem is just a mineral chunk. They can be hurt, they can feel, they can cry, they can even eat and drink, and as Rose displays, have sex and give birth.

Shattering a Gem is permanent death, but poofing a Gem is a temporary death, because they can't do anything anymore, they, for all accounts, are gone, especially when they are bubbled, unable to move, to act, to reform, to do anything.
>>
Connie's VA is great. Everything she does is spot on. If only I could say the same about Steven and Garnet's VAs.
>>
>>85776542
For a human the body is their soul, their hand is part of what they are, the little twitch in the eyes is a fundamental part of them.

For a Gem the body isn't the soul, it's just an expression of the soul. They wear it like old clothes.
>>
>>85774529
Easy way to put characters into situations where they're forced to deal with their issues, because communication is hard unless you're literally mind-melded with someone.
>>
Because it's the main theme of the newest arc. Same way it was "obsessed" with Peridot learning about the Earth during the barn arc.

It's basically the fusion arc. That's actually good, because it's a from of training montage before they are ready to fight the next big threat.
>>
I love sky diving scenes.
>>
>>85775706
GAOGAIGAR is vastly superior to SU.
>>
>>85776560
Old clothes that literally are their entire self. It's why they cannot change their physical appearance completely, because they are who they are, otherwise Amethyst could just change into a tall muscular body when she reforms. Without that body, they are just a rock with a mind, but no way to move until they reform, it's tantamount to death, if not that, a coma at least. It was the equivalent of Steven putting someone he just befriended into a coma and then locking them away in a room. Yeah, I'd say it's pretty traumatizing for a kid.
>>
File: 13456788765456789.jpg (4KB, 174x173px) Image search: [Google]
13456788765456789.jpg
4KB, 174x173px
Why did this episode have good animation for once? SU is usually complete garbage.
>>
>>85776686
Half the episodes animation (namely the entire song segment) was done by Takafumi Hori, an animator from Studio Trigger. The rest of the episode was done by the normal animators. Most likely having a chunk of the episode done by another studio allowed the normal animators more time and effort for their own scenes.
>>
>>85774529
>TFW they are trying to finish what the TRANSFORMERS STARTED IN 1986
>>
Garnet keeps acting out of character this season its really weird to see Garnet smile alot.
>>
>>85776857
Shes feeling comfortable with her life. Shes surrounded by people shes loves and is connecting more and more with Steven, who she clearly loves like a son, and is now even seeing him gain a connection like her own, so she can bond with him even closer. I bet when we inevitably get the episode where Garnet and Steven fuse, she'll be in cloud nine afterwards because of joy.
>>
>>85776897
I like silent badass Garnet more than this PRAISE FUSION YALL imposter, gibs me back my season 1 Garnet Sucrose you cunt
>>
>>85776725
People keep saying this but I saw at least a few takes outside of the song that were very distinctly his animation style.
>>
>>85776941
>I prefer the silent, emotionless soldier over the loving, happy mother
>>
>>85776847

you've got the touch.
>>
>>85776962
Pearl is the motherly one fuck off.
>>
>>85776963
Weak bait? The show's animation is dreadful and stuff.
>>
>>85777010
*stiff
>>
>>85776975
Pearl is the obsessive aunt.
>>
File: gem of murder expansion.png (599KB, 534x1077px) Image search: [Google]
gem of murder expansion.png
599KB, 534x1077px
>Crystals are a bunch of loud-mouthed radical extremists with an oppression complex
>somehow this is morally superior to Homeworld, who indeed refuse to evolve as a society and allows itself to decay,

I'm pretty sure Homeworld never stooped to "LET'S JUST SHATTER EVERYONE WHO CHALLENGES OUR IDEALS". Granted, Homeworld only really seems interested in colonization and maintaining its rigid and elaborate caste - but anyone living under the Diamonds could see why that makes sense.
>>
File: rose trump.png (325KB, 497x926px) Image search: [Google]
rose trump.png
325KB, 497x926px
>>85777117
Can't 'doze the Rose.
>>
>>85776975
>literally left Steven to die hanging from a cliff because MUH ROSE

That scene forever taints her for me, I don't give a shit how motherly they make her for Connie or Steven, she's a dyke cunt who'd probably half celebrate Steven dying if it meant Rose came back.
>>
>>85776975
They are all mothers. Pearl is the worrying, loving mother who is more likely to kiss your booboo if you fall off a bike. Garnet is the strict but caring mother who showers you with love no matter what and never seems to lose her temper, but will certainly put her foot down when you step out of line or get into trouble, and Amy is the fun loving, carefree mom who will buy you ice cream before dinner and sneak you cookies, and is really easy to confide in.
>>
>>85777117
Yellow wanted to destroy Earth out of spite.
>>
>>85777117
>I'm pretty sure Homeworld never stooped to "LET'S JUST SHATTER EVERYONE WHO CHALLENGES OUR IDEALS"
they literally were going to shatter ruby over a minor protocol point
>>
>>85777162
I don't think landing at terminal velocity is going to kill Steven "Many Tonned Rocks Fall On My Head" Quartz.
>>
>>85774529
Because everything in the world is about fusion. Except fusion. Fusion is about power.
>>
File: 1470094250940.png (927KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1470094250940.png
927KB, 1200x1000px
>>85777117
If the alternative was having a bunch of Godzilla sized junkies running around in their society, can you blame the DA for what they did?
>>
>>85777195
>they literally were going to shatter ruby over a minor protocol point
It wasn't exactly a minor protocol point. They could have won the war right there if it weren't for Ruby doing her job. Which is still their fault for not telling her what they wanted and then punishing her when she followed orders instead.

There's also the whole thing with her jumping on Sapphire and fusing with her. Leaving aside the whole "creating an unknown Gem type that looks like a weird mashup of two others" thing, if someone did understand the intimate parts of fusion they'd probably take issue with what looks like a Gem being forced into it. Mind you, Blue Diamond ordered her to be shattered before Sapphire ran off with her, so she had no idea how Sapphire felt about it, and I doubt that they ever gave Garnet the chance to explain herself after that.

All that aside, the war generated enough shattered Gem shards to create a giant mass grave deep inside the Earth which would have blown up the planet if it ever hatched. Homeworld must have cracked quite a lot of Gems to get that many Crystal Gem shards.
>>
>>85774529
Power creep, children's show complex, and inability to NOT EXPLORE THE DISTANT MOUNTAINS.

Whenever you explore the distant mountains you mist invent even more distant mountains, and these writers just can't fucking leave it alone.
>>
>>85774529

Because we're about to hit Namek. Fusion is just SU Super Saiyan
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>that episode where Alex Jones guest-starred as a Gem-obsessed conspiracy theorist
>>
>>85778097
Fusion breaks the order of Gem Society thats why its outlawed.

I also believe Ruby and Saph are sick fucks because they are the only ones who appear to get pleasure from fusion.
>>
The ancient sneeple awaken WHEN?
>>
>>85774529
Fusions are a cheap tactic to make the plot move forward!
>>
>>85774529
It's supposed to make the characters even LESS binary, which feels tumblr (the show's main audience) with joy.
I don't care if I sound like /pol/, this shit is tumblr crap
>>
>>85774529
Did people ever ask that about Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann?

>Why is this show so obsessed with fusing robots?
>Why is this show so obsessed with swirlys?
>Why is this show so obsessed with one of its central metaphors tied to its overarching themes??
>>
>>85774529
I do feel like it's overtaking the rest of the narrative.
>>
It reminds me of the combining copy abilities in Kirby 64. I'd be lying if I said I'm not curious
>>
File: 1472180578961.png (303KB, 932x713px) Image search: [Google]
1472180578961.png
303KB, 932x713px
In 10 years fusion will be the new vore thanks to this show.
>>
>>85776470
>Besides, it was clear Bismuth had deep seeded issues, talking it out wouldn't do much, at least not until the Homeworld issue is dealt with. As long as Homeworld is a threat, Bismuth would refuse to drop the idea that her methods are the right ones. Not to mention I doubt the other CGs would be very happy to chat with Bismuth when she tried to murder Steven

yeah pretty much. what was your point?
>>
>>85774557
\thread
>>
File: 1469540224996.jpg (523KB, 996x1226px) Image search: [Google]
1469540224996.jpg
523KB, 996x1226px
>>85779560
well if you think about it youre a fusion between your mom and your dad
>>
>>85776511
>get a load of this guy
>this guy
>guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S0LerSRrII
>>
>what's with this show's obsession with this important plot concept they introduced in the first episodes and has been a constant through the whole series

That's like asking what's DBZ's obsession with super saiyans.
>>
>>85774529
Fusion both panders powerlevelfags and shipfags.

It's a win-win situation for the makers.
>>
>>85776975
Pearl is like a terrible older sister more than a mom.

>Oh no, mom found out I was playing around with these gem shards!
>Better let Steven take the fall for it so I don't get in trouble.
>>
>>85774529
It makes a form stronger than the components. Why would you not fuse?
>>
File: FrightfurBear-MP15-EN-R-1E.png (368KB, 309x450px) Image search: [Google]
FrightfurBear-MP15-EN-R-1E.png
368KB, 309x450px
>>85776358
I can't believe yugioh ripped off FNAF
>>
File: Autism.gif (96KB, 728x426px) Image search: [Google]
Autism.gif
96KB, 728x426px
>>85775550
>>85775578
>>85775614
>>85775630
>>
I just personally see Stevonnie as Bleach/Naruto levels of "Oh let's remove proper character growth altogether."
Connie is magically a fantastic swordsman with peak level strength for her age.
Two kids with puppy love are more synced a fusion than characters with centuries of experience.

We can let Steven never have to stand on his own consequences as long as his sand fairy waifu has her weeaboo powers and you can shove your problems aside in a literal bubble.
Also
>>85778068

>The gems are seen as this possibly super advanced race that was scifi meets the Victorian Age at first with an entire monument based on the CG's ultimate form.
>They have the emotional fortitude of high school students.

>Pearl is supposed to be a masterclass swordsman who was a suicidal blood knight for Rose
>Pearl has the mentality of a child against any conflict that doesn't make her feel superior

>Homeworld is supposed to be a foreboding force that's always coming soon.
>Rubies and Peridot turn into Invader Zim levels of incompetent from simple trickery
>>
>>85774647
Two different gems fusing*
>>
>>85780460
They don't need strategy, just overwhelming force. Low of things because a lot of them get shattered.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>starts off as a cute little nod to dragonball
>goes full fucking retard and rips off the idea wholesale and devalues it by making it into lesbian drama

And people still defend this show.
>>
>>85775701
>Fusion is gay

Well, you're not wrong
>>
>>85774529
Because fusions are our natural state, and their components are a dissection of human aspects.

>>85775470
This was really about Steven and Connie individually. Stevonnie wasn't the one grappling with problems other than from her component parts.
Fusions were planned from the beginning.

>>85774816
Dude, how area gems real?? Just walk away! HAHAHA!
>>
>>85774529
its pretty much the only interesting thing they have to show us for the next 40 episodes
>>
File: 1466.jpg (65KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1466.jpg
65KB, 320x240px
>>85780164
>SUfag calling GGG autism
>>
>>85776857
>stoic person
>gets told to smile more
>smiles more
>"why are you smiling? It's weird"
>>
>>85775817
>mfw new link is Yuki Kaji
Guess its time to go with the angels.
>>
>>85777147
Amy's more like a big sister, but accurate.
>>
>>85774529
The show is aimed at children and fusions are a represensation of relationships between people. Fusions are used to express what a good relationship should be (like Garnet) and what a bad one is (Malachite). The shows always been about teaching children what is right to feel, think and act in certain situations but now it's more targeted at how to feel, think and act with someone
>>
>>85774529
I know right? its just a cheap trick to make weak gems stronger.
>>
I remember watching this show for the first season only.
She was the cool, quiet character who was the only competent one. What is Garnet now?
>>
>>85774529
Because it adds depth to the characters since to fuse you have to bond with others emotionally.
It effectively serves as a metaphor to realtionships, like Malachite being an abusive relationship held together by hate and mistrust, and Garnet being a long term stable relationship
>>
>>85780847
>starts off as a cute little nod to dragonball
That's what they wanted you to think to get you into the show. Just like the show started off with a lot of "magical girl" tropes to get you to wrap your head around beings that are actually polymorphic sentient rocks.
>>
>>85776056
They'd go back in their gems
>>
>>85776470
Bismuth is just radical, and she believes that others who disagree with her are not as dedicated to the cause as she is
>>
>>85780575
Mass gem wave tactics seem like a shit strategy when each gem takes time and planetary resources that are dwindling.

I'd think this situation would mean focusing on more quality gems.
>>
>>85776542
Poofing is not really death, its implied that when a gem is poofed they are aware, they're just inside the gem.

Shattering a gem is not killing them, it divides their consciousness into scattered pieces that are primal and want to be whole again. They suffer forever looking to be whole.
>>
>>85776659
The gems have a base template when they come out reformed, but there is still wiggle room in how they look if they try. Amethyst will always be purple, but she can change her look if shes been poofed, like that whole episode about her getting poofed and poofed again.
>>
>>85785747

>its implied that when a gem is poofed they are aware, they're just inside the gem.

What no, go watch Crack the Whip again. Amethyst is completely disoriented after reforming and has no idea what happened while she was poofed.
>>
>>85785400
She was slowly warmed up, and now she's the cool one. Not the stoic one, just the cool one. The one who leads the team and gives advice, whose only moments of weakness are when her ideal of fusion is somehow betrayed, and whose only character development were those two seconds in Friend Ship where she told Pearl that she gets it hard too because "everyone looks up to me".
>>
>>85785897

Uh, yeah man, gemstones don't have eyes and ears, more news at seven eleven

They're still conscious inside the gem, since they can decide when to reform.
>>
>>85785969
Bubbling seems to put them in stasis though, several gems released from popped bubbles seem to have no idea what just happened.
>>
File: Alan.png (175KB, 500x301px) Image search: [Google]
Alan.png
175KB, 500x301px
>>85780847
>>85785514
The whole show uses a million fucking anime tropes but doesn't have the word "anime" stamped onto it so people feel free from the shame of liking Anime.

It's the anime of /co/. therefore it is shit.
>>
>>85774529
Fusion is a metaphore about sex.
>>
>>85785947
>whose only moments of weakness are when her ideal of fusion is somehow betrayed
But that's wrong. She showed great weakness when she couldn't handle Amethyst's reformation.

She just hasn't had focus in a season. Before that, Amethyst barely had any focus outside a couple of episodes either.

Garnet has always been the most mature and leaderly one, so if she ever gets the focus the same way the others did, I can't imagine it will happen until sometime near the end of the story, when Steven can assume her position.
>>
File: 1404030979844.jpg (166KB, 474x470px) Image search: [Google]
1404030979844.jpg
166KB, 474x470px
>>85780847
>"devalues" it
Yeah it was such a meaningful power-up guys Dragonball is full of meaning in its power-ups.
>>
>>85774529
>now
are you kidding?
>>
>>85787867
>The whole show uses a million fucking anime tropes

This is what I hate about SU.

It's so derivative from other better shows that it barely has its own identity.
>>
>>85790414
You know some other stories about alien gem creatures with projected physical forms fighting over earth, and forming half-human offspring you want to mention?
>>
>>85791025
Ultraman kinda?
>>
>>85774529
>now
>one character is literally a permanent walking fusion
>>
>>85791025
If you replace "gem" with "monkey" you do kinda get DBZ...
>>
>>85791025
It's a mish mash of Utena, Invader Zim, Dragon Ball Z, Future Boy Conan, Tenchi and Sailor Moon.

You might as well call Pooh Adventures original while you're at it.
>>
File: 1207928358319.jpg (15KB, 250x228px) Image search: [Google]
1207928358319.jpg
15KB, 250x228px
>>85776847
>>
>>85791025
Fucking hell watch Utena man.
>>
Because they make an episode covering something using fusion as an analogy. For example relationships. But then they remember they can use fusion to talk about something in a subtle way. Like they did with relationships as i said. And now they figured they can talk about how people see each other's problems when fused or something like that. What i like about it is that it can really hit you hard if you have ever felt like sapphire for example. I'm pretty sure the writers went for that. Or maybe they wanted to give further explanation on how fusions feel. Since they are a pretty important part of the series. Either way, I loved that episode.
>>
File: 1471241291051.gif (2MB, 250x238px) Image search: [Google]
1471241291051.gif
2MB, 250x238px
>>85790288
Yeah it was a cool basic power up thing you see in shonen manga, it's just a fucking power up that meant to be hype and a what if of chsracter art.

And they devalued something thst simple and basic into lesbian drama.

It's like if they took superman's lasers and turned it into some kind of allegory for cancer, it misses the mark and makes it into something it isn't and makes it less useful or even interesting as a plot device because it's head is up its own ass about it. It devalues something thst had basic value.

You fucking faggot.
>>
>A Steven/Greg fusion that's just called Master Universe, who saves the Earth and the galaxy with the incredible power of song
>The most powerful bard of all time

ZIGGY UNIVERSE AND THE GEMS FROM EARTH WHEN??????????
>>
>>85791306
>It's a mish mash of Utena, Invader Zim, Dragon Ball Z, Future Boy Conan, Tenchi and Sailor Moon.
once you list that many show I think you've lost your point
>>
>>85792767
If cancer-vision man was his own show and not part of the Superman canon, they could do whatever the fuck they want and it wouldn't "devalue" Superman or have anything the fuck to do with him.
>>
>>85792954
This. Every work of fiction has influences, so it's meaningless as a criticism to bring up when all you're gonna do is rattle off 7 different things that are kind of similar to what they influenced.
>>
File: creepy.png (26KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
creepy.png
26KB, 800x800px
Garnet doesn't have any character that doesn't involve fusion
>>
>>85791025
Don't know if bait or stupid.
>>
>>85795449
Actually, I just have a different opinion from you.
>>
>>85795538
No what you said was not an opinion. you were asking for similar examples, for which there are several.
>>85791171
>>85791268
>>85791306
And now you confirmed that you are, in fact, stupid.
>>
>>85797699
>No what you said was not an opinion. you were asking for similar examples
Actually, I wasn't. I was asking for a show with the same basic concept, and all I got were various things that Rebecca Sugar used as influences to flesh out the concept, but the basic story is an outgrowth of her relationship with her real life younger brother Steven.

The "opinion" I was talking about is the opinion that saying a show is derivative when it gets influences the way Steven Universe does is a pretty shallow criticism. Pretty much every story that isn't derived from the artist's own life, so basically every fantasy or science fiction story, comes in some ways out of the stories the creator has seen before.
>>
>Hold the phone
>Now give the phone to me
Estelle gives some great deliveries
>>
>been going through some tough shit yesterday
>panic attack at work
>don't even like most of SU, massive problems with it for me but it kills 11 minute
>this episode
>that song
Thank you, SU.
Thread posts: 168
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.