[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is she right, /co/ ? Would it have "broken" Jem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

File: Capture.jpg (106KB, 800x973px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
106KB, 800x973px
Is she right, /co/ ? Would it have "broken" Jem?
>>
yes it would have shifted focus from lesbians and fat girls.
>>
File: chill.gif (341KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
chill.gif
341KB, 300x225px
>>85764188
>>
>>85763830
Not anymore than breaking the other stuff with crossovers.

All I reading is "We want to keep our snowflakes snowflakes."
>>
>>85766600
Yeah, I got that vibe too. It comes of as especially retarded since there HAVE been Jem/TF/etc crossovers before and they've been just fine. Granted it was mostly in fan works, but if fans can make it work and the official guys suddenly are saying "it will never work wah wah" that's.... kind of sad.
>>
In the long run it might even be better for the Hasbroverse since they can have their own version of Jem and do whatever with them.

I mean they kind of do already when they do crossovers like the Mars attack stuff, the Transformers from that universe are some generic G1 formers and not the IDW ones.

The TG vs Gi Joe were their own rhing too.

Like if they ever do a Cold Slither, Misfits and Jem battle of the bands special where Cold Slither just wants to get Synergy for nefarious purposes (and win the grand prize of course) and they can go crazy with it without bothering the main Jem comic and author.

They can even have Soundwave and Jazz in it too, maybe Synergy is from Cybertronian origin? I dunno, maybe they go there with their holoforms with others and they also participate in the band battle.

Shit happens Jem and the Cybertronians kick ass then they decide to jam together.

They can even make their own less tumblry Jem version if they like (which they would do as to not confuse writers and make a point about it being a different universe) really it's better this way.
>>
>>85766897
That image is too cute.
>>
>>
>>85767391
>>
>>85767410
>>
>>85767391
>>85767410
>>85767433
IDW can't do what fans did in three pages. Kelly Thompson and John Barber are hacks confirmed.
>>
>>85767433
And then what happens?
>>
>>85763830
There was a character with a Misfit poster in Action Man if I'm not mistaken.
>>
You expect me to believe that fucking Jem of all titles can't handle Outrageous shit happening?

That last mind control arc could legitimately have fit into other shit. Dr Mindbender. Soundwave. Tomax and Xamot make a deal with Eric. Doing a USO type concert at the PITT or some joe base. Haunted recording studio, call the ghostbusters. The IDW comic is a TV show in the Jem universe, and the Hollograms are going to guest star in an episode.

Cameos and seperate cannon is fine, especially if the creators are too triggered to do say a GI joe crossover.

>>85767223
>In the long run it might even be better for the Hasbroverse since they can have their own version of Jem and do whatever with them.
This is also a reasonable thing. One toyetic one where bodies meet barbie molds for sale at target. One for fat tumblr transexuals.
>>
>>85763830
John Barber is a pussy who doesn't like to take risks.

Funny because Jem is one of the only other hasbro properties that people actually give a shit about. Who gives a flying fuck about MASK or Micronauts? Missed opportunity if I've ever seen one.
>>
>>85766897
All tumblr noses. Disgusting.
>>
>>85767804
> le tumblr nose meemay
I keep forgetting its still summer.
>>
>>85767613
There were also characters in Jem that had GI Joe, MLP, and Transformers merch in the Jem comic

>>85767638
Also it keeps Kelly Thompson from doing something that would piss off a lot of people with the other properties in her comic like making Starscream act all OOC.

I mean really once Kelly is bored she'll move on and they can start again with a new Jem.

Or heck right now there's nothing that keeps them from making another Jem, they had two GI Joe titles in different universes or just fricking make mini crossovers like >>85767223 suggested or have the Jem characters appear in other titles without all the Thompson bagagge.
>>
>>85767903
>Or heck right now there's nothing that keeps them from making another Jem, they had two GI Joe titles in different universes
Not to mention there's a Misfits book coming out soon. There's really nothing stopping someone from doing something with these AU "Jems" Kelly's talking about.
>>
>>85767848
And I keep forgetting tumblr is a regular part of the board now.
>>
>>85767711
This.
>>
>>85768860
I don't know how you could when that's been the case for the past 6 years.
>>
>>85766897
>why can't they just do like in my fanfic like omg 4reels
>>
>>85769728
>Implying modern comics aren't anything but fanfic-y as fuck.
>>
>>85763830
They're not wrong about the whole "Synergy being disastrous in the wrong hands makes no sense in a setting with Transformers."

Especially if you assume they're too lazy to think of a way around that.
>>
>>85769818
...alright, that's a valid point. I still think it's a stupid argument, though.
>>
>>85763830
Jem was already broken the instant they let Tumblr draw it with a bunch of obese people in it.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.