[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lucifer 2016-The sequel nobody asked for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

File: Shin Megami Tencifer.jpg (662KB, 1800x2767px) Image search: [Google]
Shin Megami Tencifer.jpg
662KB, 1800x2767px
What the hell am I looking at, you might ask? Well. This is apparently the Presence, after being murdered by Gabriel and resurrected as...SMT YHVH, apparently. He brainwashed some angels last page.

You know. Nobody special, just the character ESTABLISHED TO BE LITERALLY GOD and therefore futile to meaningfully oppose. Except no, apparently he's being retconned into some sort of control freak scared of Lucifer leaving Hell to Dream.

And that's why this is now happening.
>>
Nobody reads this book or cares about its canon so no big deal
>>
>>85762203
This sounds like a reeeeeally hamfisted villain.

So, is he that schoolgirl that is the daughter of Michael? Or the original G.K.Chesterton looking guy? Not talking about the Dream one.
>>
>>85762259
I know you're right, but-reading ahead of the next few issues' blurbs I'm appalled at just how badly they're mangling everything. I picked it up out of morbid curiosity and-Elaine's gone without explaination, Izanami's still holding a grudge despite explicitly dropping hers at the end. Everything that was good is going to shit. Is this how Marvel/DCfags feel all the time?

Seriously, the next few comics' summaries read like the prequel for Shin Megami Tensei 1.
>>
>>85762203
Wait, how was it possible to kill the Presence? Isn't he supposed to be DC's One-Above-All?
>>
Is the original Lucifer worth reading? I dug him in Sandman, but never got around to reading his own series. It's not a procedural cop series like the TV show, right?
>>
>>85762289
GK Chesterton God, I'm afraid. The Presence. Capital G God.

But apparently taking his role requires belief now and Elaine had to go back to her native multiverse, which is definitely NOT how the Presence worked in the last comic, doesn't explain why she couldn't just use Michael's infinite power to sustain itself and completely ignores the whole merger of multiverses thing from the last comic so.

Yeah.
>>
File: Muppets.png (521KB, 948x533px) Image search: [Google]
Muppets.png
521KB, 948x533px
>>85762203

>it's a god is evil, devil is good epsiode

How does this series keep getting worse?
DC keeps publishing new issues!
>>
>>85762456
goddammit, you got me, that was a good joke
>>
>>85762203
Should've called it BAKA TBQH
>>
File: song of the sea.gif (420KB, 500x280px)
song of the sea.gif
420KB, 500x280px
>>85762429
Its nothing like the tv show.

Nothing.

Its actually pretty good if you liked Sandman.

>>85762433
So..Elaine is gone for no fucking reason, and every nteresting thing about the previous good comics are wasted and erased at this point? This entire new run sounds like a fanfiction of an edgy weeaboo.
>>
>>85762368
I don't understand either. Yes, he was supposed to be DC's One-Above-All, but through the power of bad writing apparently Gabriel flying into the void to kill Lucifer (?!), missing, getting sulky and then swinging his sword REALLY hard at him was enough to blindside him.

So, through the power of bad writing apparently.

>>85762429
I'd strongly recommend it, yes. To compare it to The Sandman-it's a lot less melancholy and focused on horror, and more focused on the pursuit of desire and freedom. It's definitely not a procedural cop show like that shit adaption.
>>
>>85762429
It's quite a good read, at least in my opinion. Honestly it starts with him just kind of faffing about, which is actually more fun than it sounds.

>>85762433
That's unsurprisingly retarded. It seems like a lot of comics don't get how to make something compelling without just throwing the fuckbus at the protagonist. Also, why in the hell would he be scared of Lucifer leaving hell? Dude was literally free to leave at any time. This is in fact a plot point in both Sandman, Lucifer, and ties into a ton of other major plot points.
>>
Sandman Overture was a brutal disappointment, but at least it was crafted well, the art was consistently great and it maintained the same mythic feel.

Lucifer 2016 feels like Lucifer fanfiction, in the same way that the original Lucifer felt like Sandman fanfiction
>>
>>85762537
Spot on.

The main plot is literally about Izanami trying to take vengeance on Lucifer by using her son from him to kill him in Hell.

The weird thing is-while everything around him's gone mostly to shit, Lucifer himself is fairly in-character apart from having come back from the void at all.
>>
>>85762203
>new god
>scorn free will
>remake the world in my image
He sounds like Darkseid. Why does his philosophy sound exactly like Darkseid?
>>
File: Ashley rf (2).png (43KB, 620x631px)
Ashley rf (2).png
43KB, 620x631px
>>85762621
>>85762203
Considering that he is omnipotent and no other guy has his power level...what is stoping him from hitting the automatic "I WIN" bottom?
>>
File: What the hell.jpg (1MB, 1800x2767px) Image search: [Google]
What the hell.jpg
1MB, 1800x2767px
And the next page

>>85762561
How so? I heard some vague stuff about sentient suns and Dream visiting other species but I never read it

>>85762549
See, that's the thing. Mike Carey and Neil Gaiman both understood the whole point of Lucifer's relationship with the Presence is that the whole war in heaven thing was an exercise in futility.

This writer, on the other hand, views it as-you know what, I'll just quote the blurb for issue #11:

"This is the point of no return: God’s scheme to strip angels and demons alike of free will is in full effect, and all worlds are on edge as his new soldiers begin to rebuild the Silver City. Lucifer, Gabriel and Mazikeen have located Elaine Belloc, but the reunion doesn’t go as planned. As the battle brews and Elaine’s alliance becomes uncertain, the outcome of Lucifer’s inevitable showdown with God becomes more unpredictable than ever before"

I bet Noema's going to show up in some important capacity, other than a dumb cameo for that pointless side story earlier. You know, because all this shitstorm needs is a literal true goddess reincarnation.
>>
>>85762722
I'm not sure, but probably the writer's poor understanding of what you can actually DO with omnipotence.

Not get fucking hurt from being stabbed by one of the angels who don't even have your infinite will or power for one.
>>
>>85762725
I am dumber for having read that blurb. You can't...If God decides no one gets free will, you don't have free will anymore. That's kind of part and parcel of being the literal god of all existence. To top it off, both God and Lucifer fucked off to do something other that tool around the universe, so why the bloody hell did they come back? How did God even have any power considering Elaine literally took his place...sans, what was it "tiny furry critters" or something that went to her friend?

I don't even get the direction the writer is going in. Lucifer or anyone else actually being capable of injuring God is like if a computer virus managed to sucker-punch it's creator. It isn't just incapable of harming the thing that created it, it doesn't even exist in such a way as to make it possible to interact in a meaningful capacity outside of a very basic communication.

>>85762761
...I hate I'm even asking this but how, precisely, does one stab God?
>>
>>85762953
According to the ther anon:

>Yes, he was supposed to be DC's One-Above-All, but through the power of bad writing apparently Gabriel flying into the void to kill Lucifer (?!), missing, getting sulky and then swinging his sword REALLY hard at him was enough to blindside him.
>>
>>85762722
>>85762761
What if he used the Saint of Killers' guns?
>>
At least the show is fun
>>
As a huge fan of the original, this is a pretty big disappointment. I'm curious though if anyone's reading this who hasn't read the original and finds it interesting.
>>
>>85763026
>>85762953
Addendum: With a BROKEN sword. See, the sword broke when he smacked Lucifer in the ribs with it! So apparently, he just kind of awkwardly scratched God with a bit of broken blade attached to a hilt!

And. Yes. I know. I don't even. Ugh.

Also, hedgehogs. It was hedgehogs. At this point I don't even know what to expect, maybe hedgehog girl will save the day by controlling the one aspect of creation God and Lucifer can't, because the hedgehog can never be buggered at all
>>
>>85763177
If she has dominion over all hedgehogs, what's stopping her from turning this into a Sonic crossover?
>>
>>85763026
>>85763177
I appreciate the answer. It hurts my head, but I still appreciate the answer. Also, yeah, Hedgehogs. Thanks. Couldn't remember that to save my life. Secondary also, that shit with a broken blade is actually even more retarded. I don't even get how you stab a fundamental aspect of reality. That's like being super pissed and then somehow punching out the color blue, because fuck how clear the sky is.

>>85763139
Those only worked because God wasn't on his throne. In that universe God only had his awesome crap when he was actually sitting on his big boy chair.
>>
>>85762203
looks like The Void at the end of Siege
>>
File: Inmydreams.jpg (55KB, 261x533px)
Inmydreams.jpg
55KB, 261x533px
>>85763206
>mfw God is Eggman
>>
>>85763139
>>85763231
I figured Preacher's God was actually pretty low-tier as cosmic beings go considering he, well, had the capacity to get lonely at all and apparently couldn't make his own throne a hoverchair like Thanos' or something.
>>
>>85763333
You are right quads l. Hate low tier incompetent omnipotent characters.
>>
File: sentry stop.jpg (42KB, 988x309px) Image search: [Google]
sentry stop.jpg
42KB, 988x309px
Jesus fucking Christ how far have we fallen, when we traded God of the Covenant from Vertigo for a cheap off-shot of Spawn's Yahveh?

Why did I even click this I just got triggered
>>
>>85762456
kek
>>
>>85762722
Isn't his daughter also Omnipotent?
>>
>>85762203
No person can possibly be so dumb to think that the point of Carey's run was "The devil is actually a good guy and God is evil", right?

Hope there's some sort of twist. The presence gets no respect anymore, jc.
>>
>>85766003
"Modern" writers can. Any subtlety is lost forever mark my words.

People are thinking with memes and "muh satan invented free will cause he opposed the literal absolute good" is the oldest and worst of memes.
>>
File: Ancient_Day_SMT4.jpg (86KB, 600x424px)
Ancient_Day_SMT4.jpg
86KB, 600x424px
>>85762725
>>85762610
>>85762203

This is just gonna be eventually retconned. And it'll be easy to do as well.

I mean, it'll probably be revealed that the "God" that Gabriel murdered, was actually just a mere "Shard" of the Presence, essentially, it was the Presence he murdered, but not the true Presence. I've played the SMT series and I remember that in SMT IV, the Ancient of Days was one of the many avatars of YHVH, containing only a mere sliver of his power. And in Strange Journey, the Demiurge was sorta the shard of YHVH.

It really makes sense to me. This is still a whole bag of bullshit, but it just works. If Darkseid, a lesser being than the Presence can have the avatars, than so can Presence itself.
>>
>>85762336
>Is this how Marvel/DCfags feel all the time?

Yeah, pretty much.
>>
>>85762203
I dropped this on literally the first page when Lucifer's return to the normal universe was marked with people behaving like assholes
>>
>>85762429
Better than Sandman
>>
>>85762539
>Gabriel

since fucking when this asshole even matters, Lucifer and Michael were Sons of God, the rest were inconsequential angels, far inferior in power to aspects (like Spectre), probably to Endless too.
>>
>>85766550
"The devil made me do it"
>>
>>85762429
its almost as good as sandman.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.