[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As usual Abigail Brand is the only one with common sense. But

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: untitled.png (310KB, 360x456px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
310KB, 360x456px
As usual Abigail Brand is the only one with common sense.

But this actually made me think about something. Bendis wrote this dialogue. That means he's fully 100% aware of the dumb course of action he's making the Guardians take. Brand tells Pryde right in her face how stupid it is for the team called Guardians of the Galaxy to be part of a hero vs hero fight instead of protecting the Galaxy. Is Bendis purpossely trying to make the Guardians look bad? And if that's so, then why?
>>
>>85759759
>is Bendis trying ______
The answer is no. Bendis doesn't try at all.
>>
>>85759951
This.
>>
Putting a lampshade on a turd doesn't keep it from stinking up the joint.
>>
File: 1424223206235.jpg (436KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1424223206235.jpg
436KB, 1024x768px
>>85759759
It'd be a lot more powerful if it wasn't for the fact that Bendis is the one writing the Guardians to get involved with Earth shit and more importantly the one writing this whole dumb "Hero vs Hero" event.
There's only ever been one good hero vs hero event in cape comics, and that was AXIS, because it was basically taking the piss out of hero vs hero events. Also is was hilarious.
>>
>>85759759
>As usual Abigail Brand is the only one with common sense.

That just reminded me of Brevoort's comments to Bendis on the early draft of Secret Invasion.

>Agent Brand’s characterization- She’s not really an excited school girl. She’s a sarcastic, all-business, hard-*** who has little time for…anything, really. But, like I said before, I could see that she and Dugan might have a positive relationship. But we usually treat her like she’s the one with the knowledge. She doesn’t ask questions too much. One place in particular that I might ask for a simple change would be reversing the dialogue on pages 18-19 panel 5 so that the agent asks the question and Brand answers it. The only other thing that I might ask is that Brand, rather than radioing the Helicarrier, might be trying to radio S.W.O.R.D. HQ and it might be jammed by XXX XXXXXX.
>>
>>85761107

KLUH was too good for this world.
>>
>>85761107
AXIS wasn't good, man.
It should've been. All the inverted characters were great (Captain /pol/try, Carnage-Man, Kluh, Superior Tony, whatever we're nicknaming Hobgoblin), and most of the tie-ins were a lot of fun, but the book itself was hot garbage.
>>
File: Avx-Zone-005.jpg (818KB, 1280x1968px) Image search: [Google]
Avx-Zone-005.jpg
818KB, 1280x1968px
Abigail Brand keeps being absolutely based I see, glad they aren't at least changing that.

>>85759759
Bendis' Guardians are mostly directionless if not for a couple of loose threads he brings up once a year, but a point of his seems to actually be one where he portrays Quill's team as ultimately failing to bringing *order* to the galaxy. Sure they restore justice here and there, but as to guarding in a general sense? Not so much. Of course this is completely undermined by the fact that, as a running theme and even in Brand's words, EARTH is the center of it all and all the other races seem to do is look over the humans and try and conquer their planet.
>>
How many hero vs. hero events has Marvel had in the past five years, anyways?
>>
>>85761695
>Schism
>AvX
>Battle of the Atom
>AXIS
>CWII
>the upcoming IvX
Interestingly enough, other than Civil War II, every hero vs. hero event of the past 5 years has had the X-men as either one of the sides or both of the sides.
>>
>>85759759
It's simple. There are two Bendises. They always try to one-up each other.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.