[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /co/ if this is supposed to be a flashback of the pre new

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (199KB, 750x481px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
199KB, 750x481px
Hey /co/ if this is supposed to be a flashback of the pre new 52 Titans, is it ever explained why dick and Roy are in their new 52 costumes?
>>
Speedforce
>>
Why is Wally so perfect though

I want to go beat up niggers with him
>>
>>85759340
Booth could be a solid artist if he refined his style a little. I admit I haven't read much Teen Titans, but I'm pretty sure Lilith isn't supposed to be that ripped. Also, Donna's right wrist doesn't look right, or rather, it looks like it doesn't exist. The bracelets aren't supposed to go up that high.
>>
>>85759340
Wally remembers the pre-Flashpoint timeline because he was trapped in the Speedforce, but he also existed during the New52 until Doc started to mess with the universe
>>
>>85759467
But this Wally only existed pre flashpoint
>>
>>85759451
>Supes face in the last panel

Gets me every time.
>>
>>85759573
Maybe you should stick to reading Gwenpool and Civil War 2 you retard.
>>
>>85759978
Haha what
>>
>>85759451
W-what is this?
>>
>>85759451
So amazing
>>
>>85759340
He's remembering the past of the Pre-Flashpoint history.
>>
>>85760198
Wally laying down the law.
Everyone in that town is being mind-controlled I think. Though Wally has a history of being innocently racist.
>>
>>85760426
Right, but if he was remembering the past, shouldn't robin and Roy be in their old school suits instead of their post flashpoint suits?
>>
>>85759451
>>85760450
>mind control
Oh, I just assumed they were joking around.
>>
>>85759451
>Superman's WHA?!
I love this shit.
>>
>>85760478
I honestly can't tell if Tim is meant to be in his nu52 costume or not.
You're right on Roy though. I don't think he ever wore a trucker cap.
>>
File: Superman is not amused.jpg (11KB, 92x167px) Image search: [Google]
Superman is not amused.jpg
11KB, 92x167px
>>85759451
Someone could probably do this better, honestly.
>>
>>85759340
Wally is from the pre-New 52 Universe, trapped in the speed force for all this time.

However, when Manhatten reforged the Universe, the Teen Titans still existed in a different incarnation in the New 52, and Wally was a member. But then he, and their memories were erased by Abra Kadabra.

When Classic Wally broke back into the Universe, he seems to have merged with this vanished Wally, and now has memories of both timelines.
>>
>>85760595
Saved.
>>
>>85759340
Flashpoint means Dick always had pants and Roy wore a baseball cap.
>>
>>85760651
Thank you
>>
>>85759340
Lilith hace a nice bossom in that picture.
>>
File: TITANS-4.jpg (4MB, 1200x1852px) Image search: [Google]
TITANS-4.jpg
4MB, 1200x1852px
>Comic Vine: Now that the Titans are together, will they have a specific mission? Will they start to prepare for the hidden threat seen in the Rebirth special even though they're busy with Abra Kadabra now?

Dan Abnett: Yes, and clearly Kadabra has a connection to the things that have set this in motion. With the return of Wally galvanizing the Titans into a team in the Rebirth one-shot and onwards, this first arc is more about them dealing with the shockwaves of that and of Kadabra's reappearance. After that, we'll definitely present a series of stories that are action-packed and entertaining but also sets them up with a focus as a team. We'll see them functioning and not just responding to things that are happening to them. They'll start to be proactive in the world.

>With Abra Kadabra, how much of his pre-Flashpoint past with Wally does he remember?

Kadabra doesn't remember as much as Wally because Wally has an inside connection to the multiple time streams. A lot of things we know about the past, as readers, Wally has witnessed. Kadabra certainly knows a great deal more than a lot of the characters around him. He also has that added strangeness because he comes from the future. He knows about things that haven't happened yet. One of the reasons he's right here, right now, is because he can see things that are going to happen. He comes from very, very far into the future. It's not just a random attempt to silence someone he finds annoying. He's here for a very specific reason to make sure certain things don't happen.

It might sound a little complicated, but I love the idea that we have a story with two characters with very unique and different perspectives on time and events. They'll be trying to out-match each other as a result of that.
>>
>>85761076
>When the New 52 launched in 2011 and the DC timeline was altered, we saw a year or two past in the characters' time. Are we going to see what Wally was doing during that time?
Yes, yes. We sort of have started already in Titans Hunt. We suggested Wally was there. His activities when they were the Teen Titans were a complete secret. It was something the kids got up to when the adults weren't looking. That's why they're not famous and known as the Teen Titans. When I wrote that, I was drawing upon the older 1960s continuity. They had action and adventures then. Wally disappearing removed him and any memory of things they did. The Titans are getting that all back now. They're realizing they had quite a history before. For example, Dick Grayson became Nightwing. There's a bunch of lovely toys to unlock. I have to resist the temptation to unlock them all at once.
>>
when will someone tell booth to get a better colorist, I don't even like his art but he doesn't deserve this
>>
>>85761076
>>85761119
>Will any of the Titans have trouble adjusting to the fact there's part of their past missing?

I suppose they might, to a certain extent. There is a nice flavor and ongoing theme of deception that runs through the Rebirth. Geoff [Johns] has orchestrated it quite brilliantly. He found a way to reconcile both old continuity and new by making them work in conjunction. There are certain people they've forgotten, and now, they're remembering. Certain things will be revealed that have been temporary fixes. Whoever has messed around with time has edited it seamlessly. The cracks are there for those who are closest to it.

I guess the Titans book is the one that is absolutely closest to it. They're closest to the tampering. Wally can testify to it. The other team members are going to respond to that. I think getting their memories back of their earlier adventures are going to feel natural and almost a relief. The absence in their life has been fulfilled. As they go along, I'm going to pick at that. In order for them to forget that, what did they remember? What's been placed in their heads to mask that time? How much of what they remember is true? They're not going to have trauma over the return of Wally, but there might be more of a delayed trauma reaction when they realize some of the things they originally thought happened was actually a disguise of the truth. There's some fun things to come, with one character in particular, but I won't mention her name. Oops, what did I say?
>>
>>85761076
>>85761119
>>85761169
> Will we see other characters besides Wally try to connect with people or personal relationships from that missing time?

That is certainly entirely possible. Joining some of those connected points will be very nice to do. Obviously, Linda Park is the really crucial one with Wally. There's something very exciting and tragic about the situation. We know she and Wally worked great together. She has no idea. It's not just that she's forgotten. It never happened for her. As far as she's concerned, this crazy guy named Wally has appeared out of nowhere in a flash of lightning going, "Do you remember me? She has no idea. He, of course, is heartbroken. For him, it was a complete reality. He knows it can work. He has to find a way of communicating that with her. He almost has to replay it to see if it would work for her. He also has to try not to come across as a weird creep who knows so much about her life in a stalker-y way. As far as timeless romances go, this is about as unusual and unconventional as we're going to get. Everybody's rooting for them. We know they should be together. We'll just have to see where it goes. It also gives a chance to make Linda a really great dynamic individual character.

>Will the Titans seek out other former members of the team?

They are. Not many. There was a secondary level of the original Teen Titans that I presented in Titans Hunt. They're going to be like family members, if not full-time team members. We're going to see them interacting and probably reaching out beyond that. It won't just be to former Teen Titans. There'll be former Teen Titans villains, as well. There's some interesting connections to be had there. People will suddenly remember that they know them and didn't get along very well.
>>
>>85761076
>>85761119
>>85761169
>>85761215
>Any teases or anything else you want to add about what's coming up?

People seem to be responding to the comic very favorably. These are clearly beloved characters. They are legacy characters. These are the second generation proper DC heroes who took on the mantles of great heroes. They actually did it properly. I think to explore a book about friendship is going to be great. Their individual problems will also surface. This opening arc is very much about Wally. Other characters are going to become the focus of stories as their own personal baggage becomes important with Wally's reappearance.

We have some really interesting dangers, threats. and villains coming up. And as you mentioned in your very first question, he big question mark, the big threat of Rebirth is going to be there all the time. It's very strange to be writing a book that is so closely connected to the center of this massive event. It's going to have repercussions for some considerable time. It's very exciting, and very nice to be able to do it. If you want a fun team book with friendship, that's great. Looming in the background is this shadow, a great menace which was deployed successfully in the Rebirth one-shot. There's lots of fun to be had.
>>
>>85759573
He has a natural new 52 history as well. Read the comic again.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.