[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>it's a Judaism episode

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 16

File: Rugrats_maccababies.jpg (21KB, 521x360px) Image search: [Google]
Rugrats_maccababies.jpg
21KB, 521x360px
>it's a Judaism episode
>>
>>85757738
That would be every episode of anything ever.
>>
>>85757738
D R O P P E D
>>
File: pepper-ann-image-1[1].png (249KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
pepper-ann-image-1[1].png
249KB, 500x366px
>>85757775
Every episode of Pepper Ann maybe
>>
>>85757738
didnt the jewish grandpa (dede's dad) get complaints for looking like a holocaust survivor or something?

I don't get why that offended people, he just looked like an old man.
>>
I haven't seen those since the 90s because if you even remotely reference religion, some buttblasted atheist will have a huge problem with it. Anyways, its for the best because we don't need more jewish whining about muh oppression.
>>
>>85757828
Maybe he looked like a cartoon version of a particular forefront one? That's the only theory i've got.

>This jewish character looks like and sounds like a jew!

Good? That's proper characterization. It's not like the Rugrats grampa looked like a Ben Garrison drawing or anything.
>>
Riddle me this, /co/. Is it kosher to eat pork if you at the very least eat it with a fork?
>>
Remember when being inclusive just meant acknowledging stuff like this?
>>
>>85757828
I remember hearing about grandpa Boris having an holocaust rant or something like that but it got scratched. I haven't watched this in about 15 years,so hard to remember any real details about the cartoon.
>>
File: unknown1[1].jpg (8KB, 265x190px) Image search: [Google]
unknown1[1].jpg
8KB, 265x190px
>mfw i as a /tg/ anon learned that golems were an old jewish legend

Fucking shit these guys have ruined entire campaigns for me since i always roll swordsmen.
>>
File: 1472053642324.png (173KB, 500x758px)
1472053642324.png
173KB, 500x758px
>>85757738
>>
old people in cartoons all tend to be jewish stereotypes.
>>
I'm surprised the Pickles' family could manage being a mixed religion household.

Stu obviously never converted to judaism (in fact, in one episode he said he'd be to the church with the menorah thing he was tinkering with later and Dede corrected him that it was a temple), nor did his father...

Iunno.

It just seemed odd that they could make it work with Dede's parents still being alive and Stu's dad living with them.
>>
>>85758594
>Titus, get the cross, our Jewish overlords demand we crucify a jew
>>
MUH SEVEN HUNDRED QUADRILLION
>>
I always kinda wondered why Jews don't eat pork. I get that the Muslims don't eat it because it's just a copy of Judaism but I don't get it. They say it's unclean, but is there a health reason?
>>
>>85758841
Because in the desert region that the Jews lived in, it was hard to keep pigs clean, especially since pigs will eat anything.

It's also why there's a proscription against shellfish.
>>
>>85758622
I never knew about jews when i was little. I just always thought that opinionated old man with the kinda raspy, sort of lisped voice was just some old guy. You know, like my grampa, or yours.
>>
2% of the population sure do get a lot of exposure...
>>
@85758961
>implying
>>
>>85758629
First off. Jews don't convert non Jews to judaism. Second, the religious lineage of judaism is Matriarchal, so tommy and dill would be considered full jew. It would be weirder for lou and stu to convert than for them not to
>>
File: feel.png (11KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
feel.png
11KB, 645x773px
>>85759005
>liking your wifes culture and loving the place she came from is weird and wrong

You scum.
>>
>>85759056
How's your wifes kid? cuck.
>>
>>85759095
Just fine. He is growing up black and strong.
>>
>>85759134
Thanks bro for raising my kid, I'm selling weed like a pro without those nappy headed rugrats.
>>
File: polska polski polka.jpg (131KB, 668x648px) Image search: [Google]
polska polski polka.jpg
131KB, 668x648px
>>85758961
Have you noticed the suspicious amount of last names on movie credits ending with "-owski", "-anski"and "-inski" as well as all those "POLANDball" comics on the internets?

POLISH WORLD DOMINATION CONSPIRACY REVEALED
>>
>>85759056
Not WRONG. Just weird, and much less common than just being a mixed household.

Source: Am Jew from mixed household. So were like half the people I went to school with growing up. Conversions to Judaism, even when marrying, are super rare.
>>
>>85758564
Why?
>>
>>85759228
Thank you for "impregnating" my wife. Your immaterial seed has been most helpful since i lost all ability to inseminate after your younger more handsome brother was born.
>>
>>85759263
Weird is wrong. Is a husband and wife not supposed to be a team in judaism? That makes you Muslim then. Huh.
>>
>>85758841
Lot of cultures have arbitrary limits on what you can and can't eat. Religions tend to pick up on this and codify it by saying "it's actually God who commands it".

It's also why there are all these weird rules about clothes or whatever. From our perspective it seems weird that God would give two shits about details like that, but a lot of holy texts have how-to instructions on how to live correctly, and they were of course written in ancient cultures that enforced conformity a lot more than we do.

>>85759263
At what did you get your seat at the World Domination table?
>>
>>85759095
>EWWWW some guy showed FEELINGS and EMOTIONS what a [le Elizabethan memeword] he must be!
how's middle school
>>
>>85759320
*At what age
>>
>>85758629
It's called secularism, where religion is reduced to what holidays you celebrate and actual devotion to a god is tossed out the window.
>>
>>85757738
>Jews control animation
>episodes about Jewish holidays are always devout and focus on the meaning of the holiday
>Christmas meanwhile is always vapid materialism, muh Santa, or some secular message of humanism without any mention of Christ or his birth

Of course it's Christians fault too for letting their key holidays get assimilated into godless corporate capitalist culture.
>>
>>85759320
>arbitrary
More like they didn't have the knowledge we have now (or modern day refrigeration) and attributed things to the gods. It was hard to keep shellfish fresh and parasites out of pigs back then.

About the clothes, animals have the us vs. them attitude, the religions doing certain things to help you identify other followers makes sense.
>>
>>85757828
The ADL threw a shit fit about him looking like an antisemitic stereotypical depiction of a Jew
>>
>>85759289
LOLWUT?
>>
>>85759263
Why are you a blatantly anti-Semitic website Chaim?
>>
>>85759056
jews do not encourage conversion. you know that crazy ayran blood purity nonsense hitler gets shit on for? The jews literally practice it to this fucking day.
>>
>>85759245
Those are Russian names.
>>
>>85758841
The ancient jews were goat herders.
One of the rival tribes were pig farmers.

That's all there is to it.
>>
>>85758700
>blaming the Jews for your small penis
>>
>>85760097
Western Europeans are literally the only people on earth who don't believe in their own racial advancement.

And then only since 1945, because of a concentrated effort to beat it out of them, and then drive them to extinction.
>>
>>85760097
That's not why they don't encourage it?
Its because in their views every human gets the same afterlife regardless of religious stance, so there's no point to forcing your views onto other people. They'll end up in the same place anyways
>>
>>85760737
Good goyim, remember, evil whites like you killed 100 zillion of gods chosen people. Make sure to pay extra Holocaust reparations this month.
>>
>>85760848
They also view non-jews as slaves in all but name.
Only good for how they can serve their masters.
>>
>it's a /pol/ comes to visit thread

Fuck oooooofffff.
>>
>>85760892
Go back to tumblr, I rather have /pol/ here than you.
>>
>>85759499
Christianity is the most dominant religion in America, Jews are only 2â„… of the population. Secularists and atheists always get pissed off whenever Christianity is mentioned, but never when any of the other religions are. It was less about consumerism and more they weren't allowed to by standards board or something around those lines.
>>
>>85760923
Go away /pol/ you are nearly the same as tumblr, you are juts triggered by different thing.
>>
File: the-simpsons.jpg (108KB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
the-simpsons.jpg
108KB, 950x534px
>family is a bunch of protestants
>>
>>85759689
yeah that's what it was, but was his character really antisemitic? Or are people just trying to be offended over anything again.

I'm going with the latter choice. People always want something to bitch and moan about.
>>
>>85759830
For the mongolian cave paintings, obviously.
>>
>>85759312
We just don't think you need to be the same religion to be a team. Maybe it's different in Israel, but when you live in the fairly secular west there's no real barrier to having a christmas tree AND a menorah in your living room.

>>85759353
13, why did you think we lift people into the air on a chair at their bar mitzvah?
>>
>>85763256
>was his character really antisemitic?
are you serious?
>Or are people just trying to be offended over anything again.
bingo. they're offended by his being openly eastern european jewish. They think it's offensive to give any foreigners a funny foreign accent. nevermind the creators of the show are eastern european jews
>>
>>85759005
>. Second, the religious lineage of judaism is Matriarchal,
An extremely recent practice that has no basis in scripture. It came about because during the diaspora people were raping jews left and right, so you could never be sure who anyone's dad was. To tell who was a jew, you had to go by who the mom was.
>>
>>85758841
It's a metaphor. You keep your diet clean as a way to remember to keep your morality clean. That way anytime you have confusion over morality, you can just go 'yo. clean, remember? that thing we do, in everything we do? that thing that lept us alive in the shitty disease-ridden millennia we lived through? it's the same here.' you can't have "just a little stealing, it'll be okay" any more than you can have "just a little" trichinosis-riddled pork
Now that pigs are clean, a reasonable person should be able to eat them. But there's also the matter of tradition... and again, a lot of people have faith too weak to remember right and wrong without having tradition to fall back on.
>>
>>85763802
>are you serious?

Yeah, maybe my memory was a bit fuzzy, but when I think of antisemetic/offensive depictions of jews is >>85758081 mort over here.
>>
>>85759266
Golems are immune to regular weapons
>>
>>85763897
nah he's just a joke too. jews have been making that joke forever. there's nothing wrong with being .. yknow, careful with money, frail in health, having sinus issues, etc.
you cross the antisemitism line when the sinister hooknosed jew is an actual villain rather than a flawed but good person just like the drunken irish guy and the dancin' black guy. Until the PC age, it was okay to make fun of every culture as long as they were still well-meaning kooky characters.
>>
>>85763898
yeah but they aren't exactly smart. it shouldnt be difficult to improvise an explosive and trick a golem into picking it up and blowing his hands off.
>>
>>85763944
But since the guys who made it were pure blooded jews anyways, why were people offended? It's just like how black people can say offensive things toward eachother and no one bats an eye.
>>
>>85764120
they do on TV, see. because you don't hear the creator saying it, you assume everyone in charge is a WHITE MALE (evil!) because of course theyre in charge of everything
plenty of black creators get called racist for the black people they write or portray.
then you have the 'uncle tom' concept
>>
>>85758347
yeah, now we have to give them actual rights now, it's so annoying
>>
File: puzzled.jpg (22KB, 371x800px) Image search: [Google]
puzzled.jpg
22KB, 371x800px
Seeing as how we have cartoons where there are families who are jewish, christian, islamic, and atheist. Are there any agnostic characters in cartoons or even jainists?
>>
>>85764209
so basically just
>people always want something to bitch and moan about
>>
>>85764497
>jainists
isn't that where you believe insects are sacred or some shit?
>>
>>85760737
Small penis? No, HUUUUGE VAGINA!
>>
>>85761461
>Family is a bunch of Catholics
>>
File: 37_counts_of_rape.jpg (22KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
37_counts_of_rape.jpg
22KB, 250x250px
>>85760923
Ttbh
>>
>>85764724
I couldn't find the difference until I noticed the boat was backwards, nice one.
>>
File: the o'simpsons.png (477KB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
the o'simpsons.png
477KB, 950x534px
>>85764724
alternately
>>
>>85763944
Are you really saying Family Guy doesn't engage in antisemitic jokes all the time? It's standard fare for their attempts to be as edgy as possible.
>>
File: 2.jpg (62KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
62KB, 700x394px
>>85761142
Yet every sitcom everywhere has a Bar Mitzvah episode, even if it is about the main character's not often seen side character friend.

There may not be many Jewish holiday specials but just about everything has a Bar Mitzvah episode of some kind.
>>
>>85758841
I think i heard something like that 'pigs eat stuff that humans can eat, so by feeding pigs you are allowing people to go hungry, you asshole'.
>>
>>85760923
Really though, it's true
>>
>>85764724
>Vatican newspaper wrote articles taking the Homer/Bart becoming Catholics serious

Homer abuses the sacrament of Confession and was only interested in the breakfast meetings.

I did like the stereotypical Irish backstory of the Catholic priest in that episode.
>dad and son drunk and fighting
>dad knocks down son
>"ack, you're just like ur mother"
>>
>>85758841
Because they're not cannibals
>>
>>85769562
For a LONG time, almost all media was made in New York, and California.

Lots of jews live in New York.
>>
File: image.jpg (392KB, 1100x776px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
392KB, 1100x776px
>best friend growing up was Russian immigrant Jew
>grew up near the Jewish section of town
>obsessed with Seinfeld from an early age
>got a big long nose and dark thick hair with a nasally voice
>tfw everyone thinks I'm Jewish when In actually I just have a Hispanic mom
I'll tell you I've jade some very interesting situations because of this
>>
>>85760879
Not really true. The only reason in Judaism for a non-jew to convert is if they actually want to practice and believe in the religion. Other than that, they can participate in any traditions and holidays.

It's not really an us v. them thing with the Jews, it's just a religion.
>>
>>85758841
Partly that Pigs and Shellfish are extremely fickle too keep without getting illnesses or parasites from the meat, and in ancient times there wasn't any germ theory.

Partly because pigs are also really fucking hard to raise in a desert.
>>
>>85770397
Still, tv land has you believe that jews are the majority population since they are ever present in every series with a few episodes dedicated to jewish something or other every time.
>>
>>85764629
Not to hurt any life is what it is.
Also if I had the time and talent I'd really want to make an animated show about the struggles of a sikh family living in the US
>>
>>85760202
Bukowski is polish, Polanski is polish, Kaczynski is polish. Where the fuck are you getting russian from?
>>
>>85769920
>>85758841
"Some scholars have conjectured that the Jewish concept of "unclean animals" arose out of public health concerns by community leaders, since, in the conditions of the times, some of those animals are indeed more likely to cause food poisoning or transmit diseases to people who consume them."
>>
>>85771475
Majority population? Not even fucking close.

Plus, if Jews are 2% of the population, thats one out of every 50 Americans being Jewish, thats a lot of people.

Same percentage as Native Americans, btw.
>>
>>85759245
STANISLOW
STANISLOW
>>
>>85760923
Pretty much This
>>
File: captainhindsight.jpg (24KB, 360x360px)
captainhindsight.jpg
24KB, 360x360px
>>85763802
I never even thought of Boris and Minka as being "very Jewish." My family's half-Polish and not Jewish at all, I just assumed they were a parody of people's grandparents from "The Old Country"

I'm sure you could take offense if you were looking for it, but the only time I remember Boris even doing anything Judaism-related was when he took them to Temple to watch a Hanukkah play and wound up reading them a picture book about the Maccabees.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.