[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why Does Steven Universe not have a Lex Luthor?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 13

File: iu[1].jpg (503KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
iu[1].jpg
503KB, 1920x1200px
Not necessarily a villain or some rich asshole, but a person that holds the very valid concern "What if our immortal space guardians get defeated/get corrupted/go rogue?"

Human history in their universe knows of the gem war with homeworld, at least that it happened and fucked up most of the planet. I'd love to see either an individual or small group of humans caught field-testing anti-gem weaponry, maybe even keeping up in combat with Pearl or Amy (I feel Garnet would be too much for a flesh-and-bones human).
>>
>>85755465
Mayor Dewey was going to more or less be exactly what you described in the early draft of the series,before they cast Joel and make him a comedic, unaggressive character.
>>
I imagine we'll see a group like that soon enough, there's a dude with an eyepatch that popped up a few times, maybe he's keeping an eye on them.
>>
>>85755465
Because it's not the kind of story sugar wants to tell, it would like asking why the punisher doesn't solve his problems with pleasant and empathic conversation.
>>
Because it's not that kind of show. The character trying to do that is Ronoldo but he has the IQ of a cheese sandwich
>>
SU is a slice of life show with a little bit of action thrown in every now and then, stop trying to turn it into the next Superman cartoon.
>>
>>85755503
Really?
>>
>>85755465
R. Sugar seems to not really care to develop the human world in general beyond "oh look how quirky these places are compared to the real ones".
It gets kinda compensated with the whole gem lore I guess.
>>
>>85755583
Yeah, it was discussed in a podcast, I forget which storyboarder said it. He was elected based on a campaign to get to the bottom of this Crystal Gems thing and make sure the city is safe and all that.
>>
>>85755581
>>85755565

"It's not that kind of show" is a poor justification for hitting all of humanity (Or at least those within range of the CG's current antics) with the idiot ball.

It doesn't have to be the main focus, but saying there's not a single person holding that sort of concern and dismissing it as "Not being a show for that" seems like poor writing more than thematic preservation.

>it would like asking why the punisher doesn't solve his problems with pleasant and empathic conversation.

No it wouldn't. It would be like asking why nobody ever worried about Superman suddenly becoming a bad guy, but multiple people have.

I get Ronaldo is one, but you'd think there would be more competent people. Everybody seems to just accept that they're totally always going to be good /and/ never have to worry about a followup invasion caving their faces in. Could you imagine if more people knew about the Cluster? Only in a poorly written show would nobody immediately start developing contingency plans out of caution.
>>
>>85755688
Anyone ever notice there are like no cops in Beach City?
>>
File: nope greg.png (127KB, 353x314px) Image search: [Google]
nope greg.png
127KB, 353x314px
>>85755465
I FUCKING HATE HUMAN ENEMIES IN NON-HUMAN LED SHOWS!

That shit is the worse aspect of ever Transfomers, Ninja Turtles, Reeboot, ect.

It's such an obnoxious cliche and they always come off as annoying and shitty whiners.
>>
>>85755733
That sexy lady cop that stopped Greg from making out with a car in his flashback.
>>
File: 1436229791624.png (853KB, 1280x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1436229791624.png
853KB, 1280x1800px
>>85755678
>He was elected based on a campaign to get to the bottom of this Crystal Gems thing and make sure the city is safe and all that.

That could have played into his crush with Pearl a lot better if you ask me. After spending so many hours observing her from afar, he falls in love with the graceful pale gem.

Instead of making his episodes about re-election they could have made some great flashback episodes on his history of investigating them with Steven adding in little commentary on the side.
>>
>>85755793
They could have put it on a non-human led planet, then?

I get what you're saying, but it doesn't make since to try to keep a human population as close to "our" humanity as possible, throw in world-busters (Or a civilization capable of such), give the nonhuman guardians what could barely be considered a track record of success, and then not expect some human intervention.

They don't have to be enemies, much like Batman isn't an "enemy" of Superman. They can even work with the nonhuman protagonists for all I care. It just doesn't make sense from a writing standpoint to have nobody on Earth, not even people with command over a large amount of resources, seem to care if their planet gets glassed the next day or not.
>>
>>85755793
The only good example of this concept I can name is Silas from Transformers Prime. He was honestly a better villain than Megatron, for the most part. The way they cast him aside and killed him off blew.
>>
File: Alolan Seviper.png (32KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Alolan Seviper.png
32KB, 300x300px
>>85755897
>Make since
make sense, even.
>>
>>85755809
Pics?
>>
File: hail homeworld.jpg (47KB, 538x736px) Image search: [Google]
hail homeworld.jpg
47KB, 538x736px
>>85755465
>>85755669

It's important to remember that the gem invasion wasn't some big disaster that happened in the last 100 years, like the World Wars. It was literally pre-biblical times. People don't think "those damn aliens turned Russia into a big crater", they just have always known a world where Russia has a sea in the middle of it. They've always known a world where monsters prowl around and respawn a while after they're killed, and always recognized that the Crystal Gems will occasionally show up and abduct one.

It's kind of like how we can fear asteroids, but we don't feel angry at them for creating the Gulf of Mexico.
>>
>>85755793
>hating on based Bishop

Fuck off
>>
>>85755465
That's dumb because unlike superman, the CGs have always been around.
They're as much a part of the planet as the humans are.
Also Lex is shit.

>>85755793
agreed
>>
>>85756316
>Also Lex is shit.
Did you not watch any of the Bruce Timm cartoons growing up?
>>
>>85755958
>>85756316
Saying they've always been around seems like it would be an even bigger motivation to at least try to understand them. Even if humanity accepts them as a "force of nature" so to speak, there seems to be a remarkably low level of interest in them.
>>
>>85755678
Which podcast?
>>
>>85756501
>like it would be an even bigger motivation to at least try to understand them.
You are a modern human, in 2016.
You have been growing up in a time where SCIENCE has tried to penetrate everything, and has gotten past the surface of a lot of fields.
You live in a age where "trying to understand" is very important, in western societies.

That doesn't mean anything, when you are talking about rare freak accidents.
>>
>>85756501
True, take Buddy's Book as an example, seemingly the only human to ever bother to go around and record and catalogue Gem sites wasn't interested in investigating them or finding out where they came from, he was just some guy who wanted to discover shit. Hell, he even lost interest when he found out that gems had been to the sites before him EVEN THOUGH CLEARLY NO HUMAN HAD, that is a suspicious lack of curiosity in gems and their artefacts given what he had seen.
>>
>>85755465
I think it's a testament to Luthor that people in real life believe he does the things he does out of a genuine desire to protect humanity
>>
Its a cool idea but one Sugar is absolutely uninterested in.

Humans almost seem conditioned to ignore gem shit, its kind of disturbing.
>>
>>85756722
People are always pretty easily suckered by an evil man saying, "I'm doing this for your own good!". Its one of those things we'd really like to believe.
>>
File: Beata Maria that's lewd.jpg (88KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Beata Maria that's lewd.jpg
88KB, 1000x1000px
>>85755866
BEATA MARIA!
>>
>>85755465
Villains are triggering
>>
>>85755678
god that sounds 1000x cooler.
>>
>>85756722
I think he does have a genuine desire to protect humanity, he's also just a huge, arrogant dick.

The sincerity of his stated aims depends on the writer, anyway.
>>
>>85755688
they have been on the planet longer than human civilization. Nobody is worried because they're literally older than jesus. Making a contingency plan for something that has been constant for 4000+ years is the definition of conspiracy nut crazy
>>
>>85755958
It's kind of like how we can fear asteroids, but we don't feel angry at them for creating the Gulf of Mexico.

Speak for yourself beta cuck. Earth pride galaxy wide.
>>
>>85756501
The older a thing is the less people concern themselves with it. They're fascinated by it, in a fleeting tourist kind of way, but few would be genuinely concerned. Contrary to what we've been taught about human curiosity, the vast majority of people are more than willing to accept that things "just are". People are simple and only seek to live simple lives.
>>
>>85755688
This guy is right. Every show needs to address every possible attitude and though, regardless of how it fits the atmosphere, or else it's bad writing.

For instance, why aren't there any characters in gumball talking about the implications of the shapeshifters that live in their world?
>>
>>85755793
>doesn't like shredder

That's some shit taste, kiddo.
>>
>>85757419
>Being this snarky because a legitimate part of the worldbuilding the show is lauded for is completely handwaved.

Also it's shown in Gumball that people are at least aware of the differences in people's animation styles, hence that ballon guy's (I think) comment online about 2D people.
>>
>>85757535
>liking a human Shredder
Never been a decent one. Utrom Shredder forever.
>>
File: One_Dollar_Bill.png (25KB, 270x113px) Image search: [Google]
One_Dollar_Bill.png
25KB, 270x113px
>>85755465
>Human history in their universe knows of the gem war with homeworld
The gem war with homeworld happened over 5,000 years ago, so for many people, that's prehistory. They don't know all the details of who was doing what, just that there were strange beings on Earth, and maybe that they fought. This has made it into human iconography and culture in some ways, but it's doubtful most people truly understand all the implications the way Greg seems to.
>>
>>85756722
It's a case of multiple motivations that aren't mutually exclusive. I can say he's evil scum but admit he can be right about some things.
>>
>>85756772
Eh, sounds boring. It would distract from the main plot and make no sense. The Gems have been in Beach City for 5000 years but Joel from MST3K is going to be the one to run them out of town? Sure. And maybe Sadie can stop Yellow Diamond.
>>
>>85755465
A couple of reasons which make perfect sense given the setting:

1 - Gems have been around for most of recorded human history. They are not a new or unusual thing in their world. Notice how no one in town, even going back to the first episodes, ever expresses shock or confusion about Steven or his magic moms. It's just a part of the world they live in.

2- The only place in the world that has (non-corrupted) Gems is one small town with "like fifteen people" in it. This is not something that is disrupting major political or business centers.

3 - Why would someone of Lex Luthor's stature and wealth live in a tiny tourist trap town?
>>
>>85757650
Sadie's Song convinced me that Sadie IS Yellow Diamond
>>
>Steven universe movie
>Steven and the gems have to find an ancient gem weapon hidden on the other side of the world
>a small paramilitary group is also after said gem weapon
>it's a race to a treasure action adventure movie
>>
This is what pisses me off the most about this show. A lack of villains.
>>
File: reaction26.jpg (10KB, 285x237px) Image search: [Google]
reaction26.jpg
10KB, 285x237px
>>85755548
>maybe he's keeping an eye on them
>>
>>85756675
>You live in a age where "trying to understand" is very important, in western societies.
That's not true. If it were, all software would be open source or make their own technology instead of buying stuff every time something breaks, but people by and large remain content as mere consumers.
>>
>>85757547
Dude, to the people they are largely a bunch of strange women that live in that ruin at the beach.
You'd be surprised how little people give a shit. They are clearly not a threat and since Steven moved in they are a normal sight in town.
And everyone knows the old stories. They are vaguely aware of them being a kind of guardian spirit deal, I guess.
People aren't wont to knock a good deal like that.
Also any investigation of them will likely lead nowhere and would be a waste of viewer time.
Seriously, this is like insisting a show about a seemingly failing business would need a bankruptcy arc.
You need a modicum of suspension of disbelief in order to have a good story most of the time.
Or the entire Cape genre would be collapsing under a landslide of fraudulent and legit lawsuits for all kinds of shit, government regulation of supers etc.
>>
>>85757999
>Or the entire Cape genre would be collapsing under a landslide of fraudulent and legit lawsuits for all kinds of shit, government regulation of supers etc.
Have you ever heard of a web serial called Worm?
>>
OP, I'm confused - why did you post Lex if you wanted to talk about valid concerns?
>>
>>85758045
No.
>>
>>85758045
Good example
>>
>huge as fuck hand shape ship lands in America
>abducted CG
>leaves
>military post sees ship, news travels up chain of command
>reaches higher ups
>"does it pose any threat to humans?"
>"no? Ok then leave it alone, it's a Gem thing."
>ship crashes
>government sends a letter to Steven
"Please inform the government if your ships are land as we have to inform air traffic control"
"also please clean up the destroyed ship if you need any help with disposing of it please inform us."

P.s. There is a gem mutant in our car park please make it go away.
>>
>>85755465

Because humanity in the Steven Universe setting are mostly complete morons, to the point where it's honestly shocking that there even is a proper civilization.
>>
>>85755688
This can waved away by saying that the stuff you're concerned about does happen in the universe but the camera is on Steven and his immediate relations and those two worlds just haven't crossed.
>>
>>85760046
>there even is a proper civilization.
is there?
For all we know, Mayor Dewey is the highest authority on the planet.
Or more likely, the world is full of independant city states similar to beach city.
>>
>>85761276
They literally fly by New Jersey, ad Connie lives in a fairly normal city.
>>
File: boner.png (54KB, 615x439px) Image search: [Google]
boner.png
54KB, 615x439px
>>85760004
I would fucking love this.

Bonus If Trump is the president.
>>
>>85761276
If that's true, why is there an American currency?

Why is Mayor Dewey concerned about the gems driving away tourist dollars, as opposed to tourist eggs and goats?
>>
Always thought about a Doc Brown or Xehanort character that moves into Beach City and befriend Steven.
>>
>>85755465
>Human history in their universe knows of the gem war with homeworld
I don't think we do. Greg did but that's because he was with Rose.

I get the impression they don't pay them much mind because the war was before recorded human history, and the Crystal Gems kept their distance from humanity.

I do suspect some of it's wilful though. That over the centuries either the Crystal Gems and human authorities have encouraged distance between humanity and the Gems.

I am disappointed that the show still hasn't really gone properly into the subject. Buddys Book was nice but it very light.
Don't really want the "ungrateful humanity" story though. It's been done a little to many times. Just a deeper exploration of how humans are affected by the Gems.
>>
>>85755688
>"It's not that kind of show" is a poor justification for hitting all of humanity (Or at least those within range of the CG's current antics) with the idiot ball.
I think the fact that they've exaggerated it into "people barely even seem to realise that the Crystal Gems aren't normal humans and have no fucking interest in gem-stuff whatsoever" excuses it. It turns it from a plot hole into pure suspension of disbelief territory.
>>
>>85761588
>I don't think we do
Sorry, I don't think they do.
>>
>>85755465

Because then we'd get floods of people complaining about such a character likely being a straight white man.
>>
>>85760004
That would be enough for me, really. At least acknowledgement that there's some awareness.

>>85761597
It's just odd to me.
>>
>>85755551
What you're describing violates the internal logic of the story. The Punisher is angry and vengeful, so acting peacefully would be illogical.
The SU idea is different. It's something that naturally follows given what we've already seen.
Sugar might not want to tell that story, but in not telling that story she is definitely making a conscious decision to deviate from reality.
>>
File: 1468528671015.gif (987KB, 229x176px) Image search: [Google]
1468528671015.gif
987KB, 229x176px
>>85757074
We make plans for climate change and volcanic eruptions dumbass
>>
>>85755465
Because it's not the message the show is going for, it's "hugs and friendship solve everything".
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-08-25-17h23m05s166.png (560KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-08-25-17h23m05s166.png
560KB, 1280x720px
>>85755936
4U, anon.
>>
>>85755465
One thing to note is that the remains of the gem occupation are often very dangerous and have been around for very long time.

It is pretty likely that people with the curiosity and courage to investigate them have more often than not been killed in the process and the lack of divergence from real world civilization hints that nothing of particular use has often been recovered from gem sites. Therefore it is quite possible that natural selection has led to the humans of SU generally being very willing to ignore the scary unknown.
>>
>>85756353
How could he? They came out in the nineties.
>>
this is a good thread.

SU seems like a well-written show on the surface, but it has numerous underlying flaws. It pales in comparison to other cartoons with overarching stories such as Gargoyles, Mystery Inc, and even Gravity Falls with it's shitty rushed ending.
>>
>>85762750
Damn, she is hot, where's the smut
>>
>>85757884
It would probably help if you actually watched the show.
>>
>>85763561
I always thought it'd be interesting if Sugar and Hirsch switched shows for an episode or two.

For all the complaints about crying and singing, Sugar isn't afraid to have characters called out on their flaws. Likewise, Hirsch was more interested in mysteries rather than character development.

If they switched shows, I'm betting we'd get an episode where Wendy becomes more than just Dipper's romantic interest or an episode where Mabel gets held accountable for her BS, while Hirsch would show what the hell the military is doing when a giant ship shows up and flips Earth the bird.
>>
>>85763561
I'll give you Gargoyles but I'd say it's on the same level of Gravity Falls just in a different way, much like >>85763880 said.
>>
>>85755733
Same reason there's almost never any background characters outside of the usual townspeople.
>>
>>85757591
Utrom Shredder is retarded.
>>
How the fuck are the only gems on earth all in one city in America?
>>
>>85763880
>>85764047
Interesting point about character development in GF.
As a whole I'd still say has better writing than SU. Characters flaws might be exposed in SU, but there's actually not a lot of character development.
>>
>>85766381
Because only 4 Gems survived the corruption effect that ended the war. 2 of whom permanently fused together so there were only 3 of them until they found an overcooked Quartz in the Kindergarten 500 years later.

And they were there long before America was founded.
>>
>>85766774
It's just not realistic.
>>
>>85766882
It's a better explanation than for there being 6 American born Green Lanterns
>>
>>85766882
>>85766381
Because America is the best country in the entire planet, son.
>>
File: 14315136654.jpg (81KB, 653x512px) Image search: [Google]
14315136654.jpg
81KB, 653x512px
This is one of the major problems with SU. None of the humans act like fucking humans outside of Connie and Greg, and even he has his retard moments.

Humans are naturally curious and afraid, that's how we survived for thousands of years. You're telling me in the entirety of human history nobody but one asshole from bumblefuck nowhere was interested in the alien rock people and the very clearly seen remnants of their civilization? Not one government agency tried to reverse engineer their technology? Not one human caught a corrupted gem on video or tried to understand just what the hell they are? Gems clearly aren't public knowledge, so why does nobody care when wacky shit happens on their behalf? For fuck's sake Lapis nearly caused a planetary extinction event and the biggest reaction they got was "lol no tourism". I've noticed the writers are gradually moving towards personal stakes because nobody gives a shit about the people of Earth and if they live or die.
>>
>>85766381
The gem empire dropped a dirty bomb that warped every gem aside from those who where with Steven's mother, who used a force field to protect them. The corrupted gems they capture are scattered around the world.
>>
>>85755465

Takes too much focus away from gay sex.
>>
>>85767377
I sincerely believe that all those things have happened but Steven hasn't encountered it. So neither has the viewer.
>>
>>85762809
That's not how humans work anon. If it were then we wouldn't have progressed since the bronze age. It clearly takes place during contemporary time, so humanity would've needed to expand and learn about the planet and how to harness it. And if we don't know, damn if we don't try to.
>>
>>85755465
It took like 40 episodes before the show even had an overarching conflict.
>>
>>85762172
>The Punisher is angry and vengeful, so acting peacefully would be illogical
>The humans in the Steven Universe world are kind, and generally trusting, so acting cynical would be illogical
>>
>>85767525
Then why aren't they brought up, even in passing? Why aren't they even trying to explain it or even have an asspull? The CG aren't even trying to be discrete and yet nothing they do gets any attention outside of the occasional look, not even a dull surprise look.
>>
>>85766967
There's 6 American Green Lanterns? What the fuck?
>>
>>85757356
>>85757600
If we found physical evidence that we are not only not alone in the universe, but they had direct interactions with us and had a war. That is a fucking game changer in ways we cannot comprehend. Notably if there was a goddamn war, because hey, if there was a war that nearly wiped us as a species out in the cosmic equivalent of yesterday you bet your ass we'd try to understand it so you know, we don't die.
>>
>>85755688
>"It's not that kind of show" is a poor justification

You're demanding the creative integrity of the show be compromised to address a theme the show isn't concerned with.
>>
>>85767984
why the fuck would the creative integrity be compromised
>>
>>85755669
>>85755551
Well that makes sense.
From the very beginning Sugar has gone on record that the show is about "fantasy's love affair with reality". It should follow that the world of humans is very realistic and down earth (well as down to earth as you can get with magic rock aliens running around causing hi-jinks).
>>85762172
That is to say realistic not in the way of "If aliens are real, get the G-Men down here, stat!" but realistic in terms of normal day to day life.

Also, I find it odd that in wanting to add a human resistance, anti-alien taskforce (my mind goes to X-Com honestly) OP's first suggestion was Lex Luthor. I mean I do believe that there could possibly be some kind of government conspiracy to hide the Crystal Gem's existence from the greater population and to monitor gem activity (Dewey's definitely in on it if it's true), but even in my most ridiculous head canon, I don't think they need an amoral billionaire with an inferiority complex towards super powered aliens. Kind of throws off the dynamic of the show.
>>
>>85767852
Granted but consider this:
Every Super Sentai team has been based in Japan. So ever ancient sleeping magic guy, every space fairing hero, and every super advanced tech genius come to give super powers to teenagers to fight rubber suit monsters all come to a relatively tiny island off the coast of Asia.
inb4 "What about Power Rangers?"
Different series.
>>
>>85762331
Granted, we had to be on the brink of disaster to even accept it was a thing to worry about
>>
>>85768071
Because it isn't a theme the show is concerned with.
>>
>>85768140
Not that anon, but it's not about needing a government agency to breath down their neck or some shit. It's that nobody cares about all the clearly supernatural shit around them, not even if they don't know but they don't care.

And here's the thing, even in SoL shows when shit hits the fan, characters need to act like shit is hitting the fan, even MLP which is arguably the same kind of show knows when and how to do this.
>>
>>85768370
How? It can easily be molded into a lesson about trust and mutual respect, The CG are self proclaimed 'protectors of Earth' and yet don't trust humanity to take care of themselves or even know the truth about their species, why would humanity blindly trust them back?

It doesn't even have to ALL of humanity, just the small pocket that for some reason built a town around them.
>>
File: 1467312038092.jpg (95KB, 550x367px) Image search: [Google]
1467312038092.jpg
95KB, 550x367px
This is autistim on a new level
>>
>>85768470
I feel Beach City was legitimately freaked out during the arrival.
Other times any gem based catastrophes seem pretty easily managed by the CGs.
>>
>>85768370
Yeah, but if the show approached the subject it would approach it in the show's own creative style.
>>
>>85768669
Like Ronaldo's weird documentary? In which he realizes that getting rid of the CG's would make the city safer but also infinitely more boring.
>>
>>85763880
>If they switched shows, I'm betting we'd get an episode where Wendy becomes more than just Dipper's romantic interest or an episode where Mabel gets held accountable for her BS, while Hirsch would show what the hell the military is doing when a giant ship shows up and flips Earth the bird.
This.
>>
>>85762331

The plans is always to run away, because we can't do anything to it. Same with gems.
>>
I'n surprised humans haven't tried reverse engineering gem tech.
>>
>>85768763
Yeah, exactly.
>>
>>85756501
How many people still try to figure out the Tunguska blast?
>>
The animation makes people look like they are squishy marshmellow while they act like less than heroic super heroes who represent sexual quirks and other retarded bullshit

so how do you faggots watch this children's crap?
>>
Steven Universe seems genuinely scared to take a deep plunge of universal consequences for the gems.

Rather than half-assed character development that needs 3 repeats a piece. Seriously, I fucking get it Sugar, Pearl has inadequacy, abandonment, and obsessive-compulsive issues. While Amethyst just finds new ways to feel like a mistake.

What actually happened in the war? Is Bismuth contextually correct? Why the hell is everything implied to be just as advanced as us but there's no military? Bring actual death and darkness to the show rather than watermelon people and a blond midget killing off titans.
>>
>>85769611
>a blond midget killing off titans.
what
>>
>>85769725
Okay, titans is an exaggeration, but apparently Sadie with her 3 foot midget limbs can kill a corrupted gem just fine.

So the moment something like an ACTUAL GUN goes into the picture, what are gems in the first place?
Actually, wouldn't that be a weird but legendary twist? The gems' more intricate tech are actually worthless to carbon lifeforms.
So just shredding them with leads and explosives mows them all down?
>>
>>85769816
God, what a sloppy show. I forgot about that.
>>
>>85767460
That's dumb as fuck.

>>85766774
Gems have fought all over the world and none of them in other countries were able to protect themselves from being corrupted?
>>
>>85770924
How many Crystal Gems had bubble shield powers like Rose Quartz? She was a high ranking Quartz Warrior and it looks like most of the Quartzes fought for Homeworld

And most of the Crystal Gem forces may have been concentrated in a single area/battlefield since that was like the final battle of the war. They just ended up dispersing over the next 5000 years
>>
This thread went from "why are there no villains" to "why doesn't Batman just kill the Joker?" really quickly, didn't it?
>>
>>85771649
Okay another question. If Garnet and Pearl are only safe because of Rose's bubble, how did Bismuth survive? She obviously wasn't in the same bubble seeing as how Pearl and Garnet both thought she was dead.
>She was a high ranking Quartz Warrior and it looks like most of the Quartzes fought for Homeworld
We don't even know what other gems are quartzes, Jaspers, Amethysts, what else? None of them but Rose fought for the rebellion?
>>
>>85755793

You're a goddamn idiot.
>>
>>85771732
Well, why DOESN'T he?
>>
>>85769816
Gems are shown to be capable of cracking from blunt force, so a modern sniper rifle could probably body anyone below a Diamond.
>>
>>85777663
what a DUMB show
Rebecca Sugar is a hack
>>
>>85771870
Maybe the bubbles that Rose and Steven make are the same as the shield bubble

A little weird that the Crystal Gems didn't have other Gem prisoners who were protected inside bubbles
>>
>>85757706

1. And no one has gotten curious about the magic gem aliens that have lived among us for eternity? Not sheer shock but actual scientific inquiry, study, jealousy, etc. (Well Ronaldo but he's an idiot)

2. Not really, the gems admit that there are monsters all over the world. It's just that a considerable amount flock to Beach City. Majority or not this means there could be some centipeedles or other corrupted gems in other towns. Also Yellowtail supposedly fishes near a known no-go zone where there's supposed to be a corrupted kraken gem or something.

3. Just like Lex Luthor, he wants to be near his enemy. On a buisness sense he can use it as a tourist trap not only for the beach but for people to see the gems. While flustered with humanity he studies them and learns their powers and weaknesses. He'd probably take a big intrest in Steven because of his hybrid physiology along with experimenting with gem shards and the T2 Phage injector things that make gems. At best he makes a infinity gauntlet powered by gem shards to become the hero he thinks he is, at worst he starts creating artificial gems and human gem hybrids for his own super powered army. He offers them as a police force when the Gems can't save everyone and becomes a villian to the gems because of his schemes but wins public opinion because they can pick up the areas where the gems miss. Also this probably hurts their snowflake status as he pushes the envelope to make it where humans can get their own implanted gem and become a pseudo-steven anyway. His monologue would be that humanity can protect itself without being beholden to alien creatures, we are our own heroes, not them!
>>
>>85755503
Fucking WHY did they scrap this idea?
>>
>>85755465
>valid concern
Nice try, Lex.
>>
>>85757356
Wow I'm sure your insightfulness will come in handy one day.
>>
You all ever play Chrono Trigger? There's this magic fortress called the Black Omen which flies up into the air after a certain point in the game. But since it's a game about time travel, the point where it flies into the air is ten thousand years before the game starts. So once you go back to the present, rather than people worrying about it, at most they'll say "hey, the Black Omen is looking really pretty today." Because after ten thousand years of it floating there doing nothing, nobody gives a shit.

Same principle with the Crystal Gems. They've been hanging out since before Greece, nobody cares anymore. All the people who did care died of natural causes, and so did their children and grandchildren and so on.
Thread posts: 132
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.