[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marvel in D&D world

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: choose spidey.jpg (338KB, 2280x1614px) Image search: [Google]
choose spidey.jpg
338KB, 2280x1614px
So has marvel ever tried to make a D&D universe of the marvel characters? I am sure this has been discussed but if each hero had a class and character alignment what would that be?
Would Thor be an actual class like warrior or would he stay as a god for the other marvel heroes to align with?

Cap would be a paladin
Hulk, orc berserker
Hawkeye, gee I wonder
Black widow rogue
Ironman knight I assume
Dr. Strange caster
Iron fist monk
Cage ... barbarian?
What of the rest?
What class you put Spider-man?
Acrobat?
Villains too
Would Doom be a wizard right? Who would get Lich?
>>
>>85750839
the primary problem is that for a lot of the character you would have to jerry rig multiple classes and power levels would be a huge problem. An example of powers levels I am looking at a different character in a similar system, Chewbacca has a 24 in str. Now lets just say for the sake of argument chewie is as strong as Luke Cage, what does that mean for characters like Hyperion and Hulk? they would be into 50s or above.
>>
File: cap.jpg (303KB, 534x1089px) Image search: [Google]
cap.jpg
303KB, 534x1089px
>>85750839
>So has marvel ever tried to make a D&D universe of the marvel characters?
They did, in comic called Marvel Heroes: Cosmic Dice. Busiek wrote it, Perez did art. Highly recommended.
Pic related, Captain America as Knight. What other class would he be.
>>
>>85750975
Oh shit, was spiderman among the roster?
>>
>>85750975
Google gives so very little it's surprising.
>>
>>85750975
Beast tamer since the 2nd secret wars
>>
>>85750839
You know there already exist superhero roleplaying games, right?

And the most recent Marvel one, Marvel Heroic Roleplaying, was very well received - at least in the niche circles these things run in?
>>
File: Carol.jpg (38KB, 234x336px) Image search: [Google]
Carol.jpg
38KB, 234x336px
>>85751208
He's not Avenger, so no.
>>85751246
What can I tell you, don't trust a word I say.
>>85751253
We don't talk about that. It was rape of all classes.
Like pic related. She was badass warrior and all of sudden, Carol is turned into Concubine. Literally ugh. And don't get me started of her blackwashing, you can tell someone fapped to Storm a lot.
>>
>>85751268
I never looked into it, I'm familiar only with Marvel's RPG from... 1989? Their What If... adventure was fucking sex. It was world without Reed, btw.
>Doom listens to Reed during college
>machine explodes and kills Reed
>Doom vows to be greatest hero to ever hero
>Ben becomes pilot and starts plowing Sue
>Doom defeats Mole Man when he appears
>Skrulls arrive and buttfuck Earth
>Avengers form, but under the name of Defenders
>Silver Surfer arrives with Galactus, Spidey sneaks on Skrull ship, fires on Galactus, Galactus eats Skrull ships
>Inhumans and Atlanteas are killed
>mutants are loved and adored because they killed fuckload of Skrulls
>Doom starts making lots of Doombots so he can invade Hell and kill Mephisto
>
>>
>>85751268
It's not in the fantasy style would it?
>>
>>85751537
Well, no.

but the thing about DnD is that DnD is its own genre. It's not generic fantasy, it's DnD-fantasy. DnD is only good for DnD.
>>
>>85751677
Fair enough, but my point with the thread was to see if they were in a fantasy orcs and elves deal.
>>
>>85750839
Spider-man might be a CG halfling rogue/thief acrobat?
>>
>>85751246
took some digging but it's Avengers vol 3, issues #2 and 3
you're welcome
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.