[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Flash season 3 to feature THREE evil speedsters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 341
Thread images: 23

File: 4530.png (268KB, 503x696px) Image search: [Google]
4530.png
268KB, 503x696px
>The Rival (pictured)
>Savitar
>Black Flash

http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/08/24/heres-who-todd-lasance-is-really-playing-on-the-flash/

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/the_flash/it-sounds-like-teddy-sears-will-return-as-the-villainous-black-flash-in-a144686
>>
>>85720502
I'm bored with evil speedsters, now.
>>
They some creative writers.
>>
How are they going to cram three new mentors into Barry's life and still have time for each to betray him?
>>
>>85720515
This, we need something else. I know the Flash has other good non-speedster villains.
>>
>>85720502

> Black Flash

So wally is evil now?
>>
File: ss+(2016-08-24+at+12.08.54).png (3KB, 712x25px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-08-24+at+12.08.54).png
3KB, 712x25px
>>85720573
Yes that is exactly what's happening
>>
>>85720502

The finale will be epic, Barry will need 3 pep talks by his mentor to run slightly Faster!!
>>
>>85720502
Evil speedsters are boring. Give me Rogues!
>>
File: 1449622943465.gif (1MB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1449622943465.gif
1MB, 245x245px
>>85720556
not to mention eobard is gonna be back and i'm betting he'll survive the flashpoint and move on to LOT from there
>>
>>85720757
Mirror Master, Top and Magenta are confirmed for early season appearances. Cold and Weather Wizard are gonna be back and there's hints of a two-part Gorilla City episode with Grodd.
>>
>>85720502
That's the Rival? I thought that was gonna be Savitar.
>>
>>85720502
>three speedsters
>+ eobard is still around
Does there REALLY need to be a new villainous speedster each season?
>>
>>85720515
Flash has nothing else to fight in the comics either thanks to Johns.
>>
>>85720502
Oh for fuck sake CW. Figures this show goes the same route as ARROW (which was never good to begin with). We're on the 3rd season and the Rogues are fucking nothing. Captain Cold? Not even his arch foe. Their "Rogues" consist of 3 people maximum and theyre basically backseat to everything else in the plot. Not only that, but we are JUST NOW getting Mirror Master and he doesnt sound that great sadly.
>>
>>85720828
What else is he going to fight?

Grodd? Too expensive.

The Rogues? They can't even GO FAST.

The only thing that could be a match for the Flash is a foe that could keep up with his speed.
>>
File: Top.jpg (65KB, 408x640px) Image search: [Google]
Top.jpg
65KB, 408x640px
>>85720757
They need The Top! A spinning Speedster!

And New52 proved that The Cheetah could catch the Flash, so let's use her too.
>>
dammit, I was really hoping for Grodd to be the next big villain.
>>
>>85720978
Didn't Barry and Iris's kids have some dumb spinning powers or something?
>>
>>85720959
>The Rogues? They can't even GO FAST.
But that's the whole point of the Rogues -- that despite having no powers, they manage to create technology that can make them a threat to the Flash.
>>
>>85720795
Savitar hasn't been casted yet, Greg Berlanti confirmed today. He'll probably only show up closer to the winter finale.

>>85720828
Well Eobard is slated to appear regularly on LOT so he won't really be popping up that much after Flashpoint. Black Flash is confirmed to exist, but Kreisberg already said he would only be a guest role if he even shows up this season. And Rival will only stick around for Flashpoint as Wally's enemy.

So even if we account Eobard as showing up periodically, that's only two.
>>
>>85720846
But Johns only created one and killed Savitar anyway to balance the scales. He certainly wanted to do more but I don't see how you blame him when most of his work featured other villains.
>>
>>85720959
Except these Rogues are severely nerfed compared to their comic counterparts. Captain Cold for example emitted a cold wave from his body that slowed down atoms, and Flash just enough so he could get a clear shot at him. Heatwave on the other hand had the opposite and was able to create a hostile enviroment, not to mention getting hot enough to melt Flash's boots (think about that). And so on. But regardless The Rogues we're also a TEAM that could go toe to toe with The Flash, something CW keeps forgetting.
>>
MAX MERCURY WHEN?
>>
>>85720757
>Give me Rogues!

You can't have Rouges, they are anti-heroes.
Johns wanted his pet characters to be popular SO hard that he pitched the hell out of them as HEROES.

>>85720793
>and there's hints of a two-part Gorilla City episode with Grodd.

That's the worst thing we can get, they will take the budget from other episodes, fill them with Drama Bullshit, so they can do a 2 parters with barely dicent CGI where they hide all the time in caves and there's no gorrillas
>>
>>85720978
Confirmed and casted as a chick.
>>
>>85721024
the problem is that they don't want to make the rogues regular appearing because they would have to pay the actors more money. notice how hunter-jay was supposed to be on Earth-1 all season long but there were multiple episodes where his presence wasn't accounted for at all?
>>
>>85721062
Wasn't it shown that Captain Cold could easily kill speedsters if he wanted to? He just didn't kill the Flash cause he saw them as having an arrangement to not kill each other.
>>
>>85721024
Maybe in your and Johns' fanfictions. They couldn't even make Boomerang do squat against Flash in the DCEU.

>>85721049
And he also gave Barry an unnecessary Batman origin that's been infecting everything Flash-related since. Barry's gone from being the Fastest Man Alive to High-Speed Mommy Issues.
>>
>>85721089
They were never really anti-heroic unless you consider killing other villains to maintain their turf as that, which would be dumb.
>>
File: Captain Cold.jpg (337KB, 500x712px) Image search: [Google]
Captain Cold.jpg
337KB, 500x712px
>>85721024
>But that's the whole point of the Rogues -- that despite having no powers, they manage to create technology that can make them a threat to the Flash.
Yes, but you can't really portray those goofy abilities in a live show, so they are reduced to goons pointing weapons at a guy who can run faster than a rifle bullet. Which really looks silly.
>>
>>85720502
Where'd you hear that he's the Rival?

>>85720978
We're getting the Top, but he's gonna be a woman.
>>
>>85721100
That's disappointing.
>>
>>85721089
I hate how writers run too far with minor redeeming qualities. It was part of the Suicide Squad movies problem. Sure not everything is black and white, and The Rogues were thieves with a code, but they were still criminals goddammit. When it was killed or be killed, they didnt hesitate to kill. Their books in Forever Evil was fun and Id totally read an ongoing, but not if it sacrifices their dynamic
>>
>>85721121
>And he also gave Barry an unnecessary Batman origin that's been infecting everything Flash-related since. Barry's gone from being the Fastest Man Alive to High-Speed Mommy Issues.

What does that have to do with the TV show only using speedster villains? Did you even read the post I was replying to or are you simply taking the opportunity of a Johns mention to vent your frustrations even when they don't apply to the conversation?
>>
>>85720556
This time Barry will appear as a mentor to Wally, then Wally will be betrayed by Barry when he finds out Barry's been keeping Eobard prisoner in his Zoom dungeon.
>>
>>85721133
read the first link posted in the OP
>>
>>85721121
The DCEU powerlevel is pretty high, it's higher than most animated versions even.

Superman ALONE in MoS was already 900 times faster than CW Flash who was barely twice times faster than sound for 2 seasons and is currently only 14 faster than that.
>>
>>85721193
Then how did he go back in time?
>>
>>85721113
Comic Cold/Flash had some level of mutual respect and understanding. In the show its a handled kind of sloppy. The only reason why CW Cold is a threat to Barry is because CW Barry is mostly an idiot and it became more of a game between them
>>
File: nemesis_millar.jpg (51KB, 565x728px) Image search: [Google]
nemesis_millar.jpg
51KB, 565x728px
>>85721193
This, the DCEU powerhouses are essentially immune to anything that isn't their Own Evil Clone.

Zod and Supes literally could not find anything to harm each other with aside from their bare hands. DCEU Flash is likely to be Fox Quicksilver on Redbull.
>>
>>85721217
He's just shitposting. Barry has obviously gone faster than light.
>>
>>85721015
Hurricane twins.
>>
>>85721261
That's even worse.
>>
>>85721261
Tornado Twins.
>>
>>85721254
>Zod and Supes literally could not find anything to harm each other with aside from their bare hands.

That fight made the endings of BvS and Suicide Squad so fucking lame in comparison.

Sluggish laser mouth cave troll and Blue Beam Death Sky World Beam warehouse brawl.
>>
>>85721131
>Gorilla War arc in New 52
Rogues team up with Flash to rid Central City of Gorillas
>Forever Evil
Rogues don't like the villains being so villainous and so save the day.
>>
The real problem is that the CW writers lack creativity and can't think of a way to write convincing threats that don't involve someone faster. They've shown similar weaknesses last season when they just killed off the Earth-2 villains early on because they aren't good enough to think of other ways to stop them. It's not really laziness, just lack of talent.
>>
>>85721132
They cant because A-the budget and B- they fucked themselves early when first introducing these characters. Also I hate how this show pick and chooses what is and isnt consider silly. Like you have Rupture wearing a cosplay outfit yet Cold has to walk around in a parka and Heatwave in regular fire gear?
>>
Since we have Wally playing a big part now, and the Iris romance subplot is about as drawn out as it can be, I think this season could be a good chance for Trial of Barry Allen.

Eobard kills Iris, Barry kills Eobard, gets put on trial for it, is what it was in a nutshell.

If they don't want to kill her off entirely, just kill her for now and then use the same escape clause they used in the comics, where she was teleported forward in time right before her death and lived in the future for awhile.

>>85720914
Cold was never his archfoe, you dumbfuck. It was always Reverse-Flash.
>>
>>85721131
We are talking about the show.

>>85721179
Yeah, i agree.

>>85721183
>What does that have to do with the TV show only using speedster villains?

Not him but Johns masturbation over Cold is the reason we can't have him as a villian anymore. He is a poor poor sexy bad boy that had a mean dad.
>>
>>85721133
>We're getting the Top, but he's gonna be a woman.
Not really sure why they need to gender bend the Top but his gender doesn't really play into his story anyway. I mean, apart from the time he possessed Barry's Dad iirc.
>>
>>85720515
Savitar is really interesting and has so many powers that he's not really just another speedster.

Dude basically has Telekinesis, super regeneration, the ability to age and deage people, blah blah. He's the catalyst for all the bullshit speed powers.
>>
>>85721332
It was mostly because they were fucking up Central City, their home and place of business. So you loot a few places, whats that matter if the Crime Syndicate fucks the world up? Hell Cold only worked for Luthor because he wanted to rob him
>>
>>85721121
>Maybe in your and Johns' fanfictions

So you admit its been done in the comics then
>>
>>85721015
I mean, they had super speed, but their main maneuver was the tornadoes.
>>
>>85721332
You are mistaking protagonism as heroism. That was just selfishness to maintain the status quo.
>>
>>85721300
Thanks, I knew it sounded wrong coming out.
>>
>>85721365
Gotham did it with Firefly, they dont really give a fuck with that kind of thing when it comes to C/D listers.
>>
Remember that brief period after season 2 when we were told the show wasn't just going to add more evil speedsters as villains?
>>
>>85721346
>where she was teleported forward in time right before her death and lived in the future for awhile.
That wasn't what it was though. Her soul got captured by her parents in the future and put in a new body which she then used to go back in time and affect the trial.

No way the audience eats that up.
>>
>>85720515
Same. And they all have the same costume, too, which is getting pretty lame
>>
>>85721485
nope
>>
>>85721346
Okay yeah RF was the bigger threat/antagonist, youre right, but Cold is still up there. The point is Cold doesnt really have the presence he should on a Flash show
>>
>>85721373
Yeah seeing Savitar means we are going to see more speed force development and probably a few new powers for Barry.

He's a tool for speed-plot progression rather than being a speed foe.

Barry will probably copy from Wally and learn about speed lending to throw him in the speed force.

It makes sense that Savitar is going to show up now too, granted barry entered the speed force and came out in S2.
>>
>>85721393
The guy you are responding to is a tool. Johns doesn't have fan fictions, they guy is the biggest contributor to DC. His fan fictions are what we call canon.
>>
File: 184458.jpg (48KB, 478x500px) Image search: [Google]
184458.jpg
48KB, 478x500px
>>85721503
CW has the worst costuming department. At first I thought maybe it was the budget but now I realize its laziness and shit designs.
>>
>>85721402
That was to protect their identity though I think. Someone was hunting them or the Flash's were outlawed after a false flag attack or similiar. They then ended up dying shittily.
>>
>>85721534
>A few new powers for Barry
That doesnt really mean a whole lot anon since Barry forgets half of his abilities most days and needs people screaming in his earpiece to remind him
>>
>>85720846
because Rogue War was just speedsters

people just want to rip off his Zoom and Reverse Flash stories
>>
>>85721534
The thing with Savitar is Wally was faster, but couldn't do SHIT against his powers. He had to trick him to beat him. That's the important thing about Savitar -- he's fast enough that you don't have to go "Why doesn't Barry just beat him super fast?" and he's otherwise super freaking powerful in other ways.
>>
>>85721580
Yeah I don't consider CW Barry to be a good representation of the character at all. I find it funny that people are wanting him as DCEU Barry.
>>
>>85721581
>because Rogue War was just speedsters
lol no it wasn't. The whole impetus of the arc was identity crisis and the top being mind controlled and having then mind controlled other rogues. The speedsters didn't show up until back page twists half way through.
>>
File: henry-cavill-batman-vs-superman.jpg (637KB, 2864x1200px) Image search: [Google]
henry-cavill-batman-vs-superman.jpg
637KB, 2864x1200px
>>85721258
No he hasnt you dumbass. They ahd stated his speed several times.
When Barry Jumps in time it's just the speed force, it's not him going FTL.

>>85721316
The doomsday fight was good, the problem was that the pace of the last 40 minutes was terrible: Batman/superman fight then the Warehouse fight, then Doomsday fight. It was too much, too short without time to breath.
The doomsday fight also suffered from the Oniric Filter that snyder used in most superman parts.

The idea was to make superman and wonder woman look "dreamy", pure fantasy, like as if we were imaging them, the stuff from legends, that can work REALLY well in slow moving scenes, it's the same he did with the Tree of life in 300, but with a different intention.
If you watch the movie the batman parts are mostly realistic, "human", but his dreams are not, then in the fight with superman the style starts to change, while in the warehouse fight it's still look like a "normal" brawl, but the minute he steps into a fight with Wonder woman and superman he is part of the same "oniric" moments.

The intention was good, and from an artistic point of view it was a really good idea, it's the same comic artists do with spreads. The problem is the execution, it failed hard, not only already the pace of the movie wouldnt let you enjoy it, but the action was so frenetic that instead of really good and stylized CGI, the only thing you get is a blury mess.
Zack's "stuff from legends" and "fighting gods" looked like a cut scene from a shitty videogame.

Terrible execution.
>>
>>85721583
>He had to trick him to beat him.
Even better than that, Wally knew that you needed an anchor to escape the speedforce and Savitar had none.

It was outsmarted rather than tricked.
>>
>>85721338
Rupture's outfit was fine because he's from a wacky different world and he was only on screen for 20 seconds.
>>
>>85721581
To be fair, the ending of Rogue War being about speedsters was because Johns had to wrap up his run early and still wanted the finale he wanted, so he worked in his big double flash/double reverse flash combo.

Or atleast that's the running theory considering he crammed a lot of shit together at the end and immediately moved onto a huge project, and Flash sales were tanking even at the end of his run.
>>
>>85721560
>Johns doesn't have fan fiction

No, Johns is a guy that has been forcing the headcanon and fanfic he had when he was a kid as canon, ignoring other writers and pushing his stuff in the media. Why do you defend the guy? i don't know.
>>
>>85720566
They've shown them all. I knew when watching a bit of season one and tracking it on /co/ more that it couldn't last. The show was "good" because it was hyping the fans by giving them everything they wanted. The problem with that is when you give the fans everything they want too quickly, you run out of things to impress them with. You've had Captain Cold, Gorilla Grodd, hell even KING SHARK. Where on Earth do you go from that? How many more surprises could the show really throw at the fans at this point?
>>
>>85720566

You're getting most of the Rogues, including Magenta, the Top, Dr Alchemy, Mirror Master, etc.
>>
>>85721698
>and Flash sales were tanking even at the end of his run.
It's my favourite Flash story, I can't fathom why it wasn't selling.
>>
I think another evil speedster for the season would be cool but I don't want them to be the over arcing villain of the whole thing. Let alone 3 evil speedsters now, like yo chill.
>>
>>85721667
Well the trick was getting him to follow Wally to the Speed Force.

Tricking is usually a matter of outsmarting anyhow.
>>
>>85720846
What the fuck? He's the best modern Rogues writer
>>
>>85720502
I hope he meets the speed force again and has to do a song to escape
>>
>>85721712
>No, Johns is a guy that has been forcing the headcanon and fanfic he had when he was a kid as canon
Which by definition means it ain't fan fiction. It's not fiction, it's canon.
>>
>>85721732
>What the fuck? He's the best modern Rogues writer
Ignore that dude, he is an idiot and seems to think anything Johns writes is fan fiction.
>>
>>85721743
It's not canon anymore. Only the good stories are canon ;)
>>
They said there's no immediate plans for the Black Flash, but given the way shooting/airing is scheduled for these shows its definitely possible he could show up in the latter half of the season
>>
>>85721732
He's practically the ONLY modern Rogues writer. Morrison created Mirror Master and WML had that one 10/10 issue but they were largely benched pre-Johns purely because Waid didn't like them.
>>
>>85721365
>Not really sure why they need to gender bend the Top but his gender doesn't really play into his story anyway

Exactly, the show is sausage fest as it is, get some booty in there.
>>
>>85721770
Published writings under the companies banner are by definition not fan fiction.
>>
>>85721722
I mean, sales weren't the worst ever. They were still better than Barry's been selling since the New 52 bump faded off (wally was around 50k or whatever, New 52 Barry has regularly been around 35k-40k). But back then more was expected of The Flash title considering the enormous success Waid had and earlier Johns had.
>>
>>85721785
Manapul had a good go.
>>
>>85721743
>It's not fiction
Nigga what
>>
>>85720502
That mask looks stupid as fuck
>>
>Johns has made THIS many neckbeards assblasted

Christ
>>
File: Grail.png (233KB, 717x758px) Image search: [Google]
Grail.png
233KB, 717x758px
>>85721800

>Fan fiction or fanfiction (also abbreviated to fan fic, fanfic, or fic) is fiction about characters or settings from an original work of fiction, created by fans of that work rather than by its creator

Johns is a Fan Fiction writer. and his work includes pretty shitty edgy OCs.
>>
They really have no idea what they are doing.
>>
>>85721829
This just frustrates me so much.

50k doesn't seem like numbers that warrant getting rid of Wally.
>>
>>85721835
He did write them so that's more than most. But overall I don't think he did that well. Glider's powerup was probably the coolest thing.
>>
>>85721843
>Nigga what
You know we exist in the multiverse, right?
>>85721886
Johns is employed by the creator.
>>
>>85721896

It was a different world ten years ago.
>>
>>85721920
I didn't like his generic power ups over the weapons and I'm still not quite sure wtf is going on with Glider.
>>
>>85721921
Fanfiction can be aproved by the creator, and even published, see DRACULA, Sherlock Holmes. etc.

Stay mad Johnsfag
>>
As far as The Rogues go we know the major CW villains are forming The Legion of Doom as a network wide threat so I'm thinking we'll see a version of The Rogues working for The Legion and end up in conflict with Flash this season at some point.

Who from Supergirl is going to be on the Legion? Maxwell Lord?
>>
File: 1427765430065.jpg (43KB, 307x364px) Image search: [Google]
1427765430065.jpg
43KB, 307x364px
>>85721843
>he doesn't know
>>
>>85721945
Now Spiderman, Marvel's flagship character sits no better at 60k.

Wonder what DC will do if Titans out does Flash.
>>
>>85721886
>literally every big 2 comic since the establishment of the shared universes is fan fiction
Ftfy
>>
>>85720502

Wasn't Jay Garrick also revealed to be one of the evil FLashes
>>
>>85721990
Then it becomes not fanfiction. If it is published by the creator.
>>
>>85722017
Well he isn't writing MY versions of the Rogues from #137 of the Silver Age so it must be fan fiction.
>>
>>85722017
Yes
>>85722038
No
>>
>>85721990
>it's fanfiction because it's bad
Not how that works mate. It is definitely bad, but you're not the arbiter of what fan fiction is
>>
File: 1471992018705.png (8KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
1471992018705.png
8KB, 228x221px
>>85720502
Am I the only one who sh pest mind evil speedster despite the train wreck that that was the last quarter of season 2?
I do wish they fleshed out the rogues with captain cold more in season 2.
>>
>>85722091
lol.

So where do you draw the line, when did DC become fan fiction?
>>
>>85722091
Literally not how it works, unless you think every TV show ever is fanfiction because the creator doesn't literally write every episode.

Your definition is illogical.
>>
File: Showcase4.jpg (58KB, 300x440px) Image search: [Google]
Showcase4.jpg
58KB, 300x440px
>>85722126
>>
>>85721990
Then it becomes licensed fiction. Fanfiction is written by amateurs and self-published.
>>
>>85722135
I think he realises how wrong he is now and is just 'pretending to be retarded' to save face.

See him take bait here >>85722151

Like a monkey on a rope.
>>
>>85722024
Hunter Zolomon kidnapped the real Jay, stole his speed, took his name, decided to have fun being a hero because he was bored, then became Zoom again. In short they pissed away the mentor thing that season
>>
>>85721829
IMO getting rid of Pre52 canon has hurt Flash the most.
>>
>>85722164

Johnsfags get so mad when they touch their dumbass writer.
>>
>>85721973
Well that part was to show why giving them powers wasn't necessary, but yeah.

Looked beautiful though.
>>
>>85722164
>take bait here >>85722151
You realize that was probably a joke, considering that Flash's entire shit from the getgo was inspired by Jay. They even integrated Jay into the new canon, like all bad fanfiction does. It's kinda funny.
>>
>>85721365
The only thing it affects is that now he's fucking Mirror Master.
>>
>>85722190
>Looked beautiful though.
That's why I'm going to pull Trinity.
>>
>>85722211
>not fucking Glider

disgusting
>>
>>85722211
They both went from fucking Glider to fucking eachother.

>>85722250
Solution would be a threesome.
>>
File: troll.png (65KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
troll.png
65KB, 300x240px
>>85721716

Guess they jumped the shark on that one
>>
How is Johnny Quick not a thing yet?
>>
>>85722402
because we have E2 Wells instead

unless you mean the evil one?
>>
The first season of this popped up on Netflix, so I've been watching it with my roommates. None of us are like hyper-fans, but we know the villains and the winks and nods and stuff.

Why in Christ's name do people praise this? The writing is abysmal because no one is able to sit down and define Flash's power correctly for even a single episode and the dialogue is cringe worthy at best and high school fanfic at worst.
>>
>>85722443
>Why in Christ's name do people praise this?
Watch Arrow, you'll be praising everything else on TV too.
>>
>>85722425
Yes the evil one with the cyclist helmet
>>
>>85722443
/co/ got hyped season 1 cause of all the references and nods to the comics - the talkbacks were insane because everyone freaked out and acted like typical fanboys at the smallest things. Thats it.

By season 2 most of /co/ started to see how shit the plotting and characters are.

Cold and Wells are the only redeeming parts.
>>
>>85722505
They just might not do him at this point since they already did the evil alternate stuff last season. Of course they are addicted to evil speedsters so who can say?
>>
>>85722465
One of the things that grinds me is the fact that no one seems to be checking the science behind what they say. Yeah, it's comic books and of course it's goofy and wacky, but there has to be a line. You want to run really fast? Go for it. But you can't casually mention that your Heatwave gun fires temperatures around Planck measurements and that you also have Captain Cold walking around with absolute zero powers and just pretend like this is okay to just handwave. It's people pulling shifty Google searches when it would just be fine making something else up that doesn't go against the laws of real life science so blatantly.
>>
>>85722585
You're going to have to let that go. It gets a lot worse.
>>
>>85721835
The writing during that run was garbage. Just had nice art.
>>
>>85722610
Can't do it. All they have to say is "dude he runs fast, your gun is a nifty flamethrower, and this guy can do some magic stuff with mirrors" and it's fine. The second they start pulling "oh well you see he can quantum jump through mirrors over 5 dimensions" is the part where I can no longer stomach the abysmal writing.
>>
>>85721332
>>85721131
They are pragmatic and not as batshit crazy as other villains. Doesn't make them "heroic" or even anti-heroic. The innocents they saved from Grodd were robbed of all their money once in the mirror world.
>>
>>85722534
>tfw no max mercury
>>
>>85721346
Cold, Thawne and Grodd are Barry Allen's greatest enemies.
>>
>>85722656
It's Manapul. That is what you were always going to get, I'm going to pull trinity knowing full well that is what I'm going to get.

> "oh well you see he can quantum jump through mirrors over 5 dimensions" is the part where I can no longer stomach the abysmal writing.
I don't want to spoil for you but S2 has a bit like that which is so bullshit it's unbelievable.
>>
So is black flash gonna be there just to kill or is he getting a speaking role?
>>
>>85721337
The only truly clever times they used villains that weren't speedsters was the Weather Wizard and Trickster team-up last year and the Turtle. Though the solution to the Trickster and Weather Wizard team up was ridiculous, the plan was diabolical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu5m9KbErMA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNQ5hpEtMP0
>>
>>85722733
I guess we're turning it into a drinking game then.
>>
>>85721242
I like the way it was handled with Cold finding out who Barry was. It shows his "honor" that he would keep that secret to himself in exchange for Barry holding up his end of the deal.
>>
>>85721355
Funny thing is that Cold was the most evil on the show, when he wrote for him. The other writers made him more of an anti-hero leading up to Legends. This is the episode that Geoff Johns wrote with Cold:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kfC0lw2wLw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2ivmJGfOdg
>>
>>85721024
They did good for the few times they showed up on Season 1. They pretty much dropped the Rogues after the midseason finale of Season 2 though. Thankfully they are coming back with Mirror Master, Top and Captain Cold on the show's fiftieth episodes. You have to admire that the creators are giving the Rogues some milestone episodes. People expected Zoom to be the villain of the midseason finale for Season 2 (since the big bads usually are for these shows) but it was the Rogues instead. Now they are the threat for the fiftieth episode of the series. Pretty classy. Wish they showed up more, but I'll take what I can get at this point.
>>
>>85722891
>but I'll take what I can get at this point

CW fans in a nutshell
>>
>>85722935
Walked right into that one. I was pissed for a long time. Thought they just dropped the Rogues because of Legends of Tomorrow. However, with the news of them bringing Cold back I'm willing to give them another chance. If they screw it up then I won't be so willing to "take what I can get."
>>
Well, obviously the first 2 seasons of every show in the Arrowverse are supposed to be good, immediately followed by a bad season, followed by the worst thing you've ever seen.

So enjoy this season while you can because it's going to look heavenly compared to season 4.
>>
File: 1377647738989.jpg (154KB, 621x590px) Image search: [Google]
1377647738989.jpg
154KB, 621x590px
Why did they decided to put a major DC hero on such a rinky-dink network? It works with Green Arrow because he's just "dude who shoots arrows pretty gud" so you don't have to like go all out. But Flash? Flash resets continuity and outruns the concept of death. That's not the kind of stuff you blow on a spinoff on the cheapest network around.
>>
>>85723014
Because Arrow made CW the premiere network for DC superheroes. That's why Supergirl is moving to it. Are you retarded?
>>
>>85723044
But why give them A-listers? Arrow, Supergirl, the Legends stuff are all decent ideas if you want to pull in B/C listers to try and cash in on continuity stuff, but Flash is a JL staple and doesn't deserve this.
>>
>>85723014

Because CW is their most successful network for capeshit and it's directly spinning off Arrow. They originally intended to use Arrow as a backdoor pilot but then went on to do the Flash pilot on its own because they liked it so much.
>>
>>85723082
Despite your retardation, I'll drunkenly respond.

The Flash is the best show they have right now. The Flash could've easily been an animated series on Cartoon Network. But CW is the one it's on. It could've been on CBS but that's not even a network. That's a straight up antenna channel. And so the WB owned CW let them have it and it's now the best show the network has. Are you trying to say it would've been better on AMC or HBO? Of course. But it's fucking capeshit. This is fine.
>>
>>85723140
>The Flash is the best show they have right now.

That is shameful to hear. I really like DC stuff, I just wish they were handling it much better than they currently are.
>>
>>85722526
This pretty much, once the neweness factor wore off plus the normies catching on made /co/ realize how shit this how is especially how lazy they are being by waving everything as lol speed force.

Which yeah speed force has always been BS but you don't use the BS much because it becomes lazy writing pretty quickly.
>>
>>85723161
You can't deny it's a great show though. They had a couple of shitty episodes towards the end of last season but it's overall great.

Maybe iZombie is better? idk. That's a great show too.
>>
>>85723140
>The Flash could've easily been an animated series on Cartoon Network

Not even a Batman cartoon could survive on CN. Flash would have no chance. Don't be delusional.
>>
>>85723204
iZombie is undoubtedly better. The season's plots actually make sense because they aren't making them up as they go along, for example.
>>
>>85723204
Oh, I can deny it's a great show. It's not even a good show. I'm not some crazed /tv/ denizen, but every aspect of the show is garbage and the only minor joy I've found from it is guessing the retarded dialogue cliches they're about to spout and the occasional rush from understanding a reference. But everything else from the performances, the story writing, and the dialogue are some of the worst TV I've ever seen. I don't even care about special effects nonsense because that's so easy to overlook for having such a small budget, but there's no excuse for writing this poor.
>>
>>85723230
>Not even a Batman cartoon could survive on CN.

Wasn't the greatest adaptation of Batman a Cartoon Network exclusive?
>>
>>85723204
>You can't deny it's a great show
Anyone with any semblance of standards can.
>Maybe iZombie is better? idk. That's a great show too.
I hate this fucking board so much.
>>
>>85723251
>>85723253
Fight to the death so I know who I can believe.
>>
>>85723252
Old CN and current CN might as well be two separate channels.
>>
>>85723252
I'm talking about Beware the Batman. Action cartoons basically don't make money at all these days.
>>
>>85723161

They just need to stop this shit where they spend twenty episodes stretching out the main villain's subplot when it barely has legs to cover twelve. First half of S2 should have just been Earth-2 shenanigans with doppelganger, and only around midway point discovering about Zoom being behind it when "Jay" appears.
>>
Im beginning to think we were all blinded by the comic nods and ambitious tv effects to see that Flash was really just mediocre at best. Its going downhill fast and honestly theres a lot that drives me nuts about this show. Like the fact that 15 people know his secret or the fact that Barry is a moron who needs the STAR Labs cheer team to remind him to run fast. But again we ignore all of that because of a CGI Gorilla and a Street Shark
>>
>>85720757
>>85721024
I'm a huge fan of the Rogues too, but honestly the show kind of screwed most of them over. Look at the comments on this scene for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6T9No1ycXM

Most casual Flash fans don't even understand how Cold and Heat Wave can posses a threat. The show explains why the Cold Gun is dangerous to a speedster but we barely see much evidence for that. They should have made the Cold Field more explicit (if it's there at all). A scene with Cold's gun stopping incoming bullets a few feet aways from them. Something! It's kind of a shame. The only Rogue that has been portrayed is a true threat was Weather Wizard and he's a metahuman. I just wish they gave the Rogues with gadgets more scenes showing how they can oppose the Flash. It gives more credit to what this anon says:

>>85721132

Which I disagree with. The abilities can be portrayed on the show, they just chose not to do it properly.
>>
>>85723654

Nah, season one was great because it kept topping itself with the episodes and did the Reverse Flash build up right, with plenty of character moments and development and crazy superhero power ups. Season two biggest flaw was that it largely felt like a rehash of the previous season with less interesting main villain.
>>
>>85721443
Gotham also takes place a decade in the past
>>
>>85723140
>Flash
>best

Fuck no. It's not even good.

They have both Gotham AND iZombie, which are head and shoulders above every other cape show right now.
>>
>>85723230
That's mostly because CN intentionally kills all DC shows since they don't get all the money from them.
>>
>>85723836
Is Preacher in the conversation? I have seen some people liking it but haven't watched it yet
>>
>>85720502
>Black Flash
I hope they really nail down his horror vibes. Not to reference something meme-y, but Black Flash in the comics had a lot of Slenderman vibes going on with the way he stalked Wally, so I hope they do something similar to him in the show so he doesn't feel like another generic speedster villain but more like an upgrade of the Time Wraiths.
>>
>>85723654
Pretty much. People got caught up in understanding references and failed to see how bad the show could get.

Season 1 had problems (namely half the first season being filler) but when it got good it stayed that way. Season 2 was just disappointment after disappointment and ended like a wet fart.
>>
>>85723868
I've not seen it either, so I don't know.
>>
>>85723883
Honestly, Flash was at it's best when it was filler for Season 2. Wasn't even bad during Season 1. I'm not nearly as offended by it as others.
>>
>>85723868

Some people say it got better in the later episodes but it starts off super boring.
>>
>>85723140
>The Flash is the best show they have right now.

Sad state of affairs
>>
File: Golden Globes CW1.jpg (235KB, 2048x1597px) Image search: [Google]
Golden Globes CW1.jpg
235KB, 2048x1597px
>>85723140
>The Flash is the best show they have right now
ok guy
>>
>>85723806
Not that it really matters, the whole show is basically an elseworlds now considering how many crazies are already active. Might as well make Gordon MechBatman and have young Bruce fund him
>>
>>85724032
That doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>85724089
>Implying Gotham does
>>
>>85724032
>the whole show is basically an elseworlds now considering how many crazies are already active.
This is the one thing that I can't get past with the show. Too many Batman villain-lites running amok before even Batman shows up.
>>
>>85724128
>Gotham city is a bad town that needs Batman
>here are the things that led to Batman, as well as the history of the denizens of Gotham

>>85724164
>he fell for the "batman creates his villains" maymay
>>
>>85720502

That costume looks awful and cheap.
>>
>>85724164
>Too many Batman villain-lites running amok before even Batman shows up.

They're not Batman villains, they're Gotham villains.
>>
>>85724189
>implying
Nice strawman there, but I was referring to the fact that most of Batman's crazy villains only come into play during Batman's life for him to handle instead of before he becomes Batman, not at all the fact that he himself creates them. Get some better reading comprehension next time instead meme-ing up the thread you dingus.
>>
>>85724189
>What is escalation
Nigga fucking Mister Freeze is walking around and the blood in crime alley is barely dry. We cant have a few years where the Falcones/Maronis own the town without going full nuthouse?
>>
>>85724340
This.

>>85724268
I'd rather a proper crime drama show ABOUT Gotham not some cheap knockoffs of Batman rogues while playing coy with some of his would-be villains.
>>
>>85724333

Not that guy, but other than the joker, which villains come up as a result of Bruce's direct involvement?
>>
>>85724340
>We cant have a few years where the Falcones/Maronis own the town without going full nuthouse?
That was season one.
>>
>>85720502
THREE evil speedsters? Why do they have to cram so many in one season? Are they afraid there won't be a fourth season? And what happens if the show DOES get a fourth season, who will they use as a villain then?
>>
>>85724385
Right which was a year at best. The entire premise of the show is dumb anon.
>>
>>85724391
If you checked the linked article, it says there that there's no immediate plans for Black Flash aside from the fact that he's confirmed to return at some point. So it's more than likely he won't be around until Season 4 unless they somehow use him in Season 3.
>>
>>85724419

Nah, season two was far better and your taste if pleb tier.
>>
>promised more rogues in season 3
>three evil speedsters instead

This is sounding awfully like Arrow season 3...
>>
>>85724448
>(You)
At least try faggot
>>
>>85724464

Arrow did get awful in season 3 so it's just following in its foot steps.
>>
>>85720515
Flash is so fast he can casually timetravel.
No one besides a speedster could even touch him.
It might work in comic books due to static pictures, but it doesn't work in movies/shows.
>>
>>85724340
We had literally an entire season of that and people whined about not muh Batman.

Mister Freeze's backstory is not intrinsically tied to Batman in any way. There is no reason that he needs to show up only after Batman exists. In a show about Gotham City and the people of Gotham, focusing on how the people of Gotham got to the points they are when Batman met them is a pretty important fact.
>>
>>85724428
>If you checked the linked article,

Right. My bad. That's what I get for jumping the gun....
>>
>>85720502

Besides the episode where Barry goes back and time and hangs out with wellsobard, season 2 was a complete let down and now patty is gone for good.

On top of that they wasted the crossover with supergirl, seriously firemen. Two Op superheros and they get saved by fire fighters.

it was portapotty tier garbage for basically last half of the season

and then the reveal of main villain being the most boring guy on the show who they then contrasted against wellsobard in same season and even Gustin is like that was my favorite moment.

Your show is shitty when even the actor playing main guy is like our best stuff is our old villain who we dont have anymore.
>>
>>85724687

The worst part was when they teased Jay Garrick at the end of season 1, and then the real Jay Garrick doesn't show up till the second last scene of the end of season 2.

It's just pretty pathetic and weak writing.
>>
>>85724687
Wellsobard was a godsend.

Matt Lescher is basically the ideal Eobard (looks and mannerism-wise), but I tend to view Tom Cavanagh's portrayal of Reverse Flash as the equivalent to what Heath Ledger did to the Joker.
>>
>>85724764
I thought that was more of an easter egg/excuse to avoid people pointing fingers at them for turning Jay Garrick into their version of Zoom/Hunter, because they basically did by having him own the helmet and for being Jay Garrick in the eyes of most most people in the first place.
>>
>>85724845
>equivalent to what Heath Ledger did to the Joker
Made him completely boring?
>>
>>85724845

Not to mention the Flash never beat him, I feel like that fight is still coming but it won't be with wellsobard, it will probably be his pre-wells self and you're right he wasn't terrible but tom just took it to another level

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXU3r8DYG8I

and then the scene by his bed as a flash back of Wellsobard talking to barry, knowing he was helping to create his worst enemy. Greek tragedy level stuff and then you get.

Spiers.
>>
>>85724971
I know you're just looking for (You)'s but I'll entertain the thought. He basically portrayed a vastly different version of how the character is typically portrayed while still keeping the core characteristics of what makes them so engrossing across different depictions.

>>85724992
Basically yeah.
>>
>>85725112
>any opinion I disagree with is bait
Nah, Ledger was awful.
>a vastly different version of how the character is typically portrayed
You mean, an annoying idiot sounding like a teenager spouting absolutely retarded bullshit and only being successful because of obnoxious plot armor. There is pretty much no difference between Snyder's Joker /co/ loves to shit on and Ledger's Joker.
>>
>>85720502
Rival looks like a goofy Zoom lol
>>
File: 1470005874966.png (352KB, 486x489px) Image search: [Google]
1470005874966.png
352KB, 486x489px
>>85725210
>There is pretty much no difference between Snyder's Joker /co/ loves to shit on and Ledger's Joker.
I know being an edgy /co/ntrarian is popular among you kids so I'll take what I can and enjoy the fact that you bothered replying anyway. Here's your (You).
>>
Isn't the Rival supposed to be Jay's villain?
>>
>>85720772
>not to mention eobard is gonna be back and i'm betting he'll survive the flashpoint
Well he already was said to be a season regular so thats more than likely
>>
>>85725275
>le contrarian meme
Mantra of an idiot who doesn't have an argument.
>>
>>85720502
>only way the writers are keeping this show alive is by making all his enemies a speedster
lol
>>
>>85725373
>Mantra of an idiot who doesn't have an argument.
>says the one who barely even provides an argument beyond "annoying idiot", "retarded bullshit" and "obnoxious plot armor"
Oh the irony.
>>
>>85725417
>it's not an argument because I said so
>c-contrarian
Just shut up.
Ledger's Joker was complete garbage. A generic hollywood genius psychopath with cringeworthy "CHAOS ANARCHY FIGHT THE SYSTEM ALL PEOPLE ARE BAD" bullshit you'd hear from an adolescent. Although I can understand how someone like you could find it good.
>>
>>85725452
Yeah I figured this would happen. Not much different than your previous so-called "argument".

>Just shut up.
Haha what a fucking child.
>>
>>85725452

Why are you telling him to shut up when you're in the minority? I agree with him that Ledger wasn't garbage.

So that is already 2 to 1. If we posted a poll, you'd end up getting shamed.
>>
>>85725499
You need to shut up though, because you're fucking stupid.
>LOOK MOM I DON'T LIKE THIS ARGUMENT, BETTER DISCARD IT COMPLETELY
Ok, kid. Tell me why your one-dimensional sociopath is the best villain ever. I'll listen,
>>
>>85725510
>Why are you telling him to shut up
Because he's an idiot with shit taste for one.
>argumentum ad populum
Quality argument.
>>
>>85725542

It's the perfect argument since we define all of our definitions by consensus.
>>
>>85725559
>It's the perfect argument
You should kill yourself. I'm serious. Idiots like you who believe that majority can never be wrong are pure cancer.
>>
>>85725591

Said the tinfoil hat guy screaming because nobody is listening to you.
>>
>>85725591

Your entire existence at this point is an object to be shit on.
>>
>>85725611
>le tinfoil hat meme
Man, even years can't stop Ledgerfags from being cancer.
>>
>>85725624
Ebin, simply ebin.

So, any arguments for why your shit clown is the best villain ever or are you just gonna shit on opinions of others, while contributing nothing of value knowing you have nothing worthwhile to say?
>>
>>85725527
>Ok, kid. Tell me why your one-dimensional sociopath is the best villain ever. I'll listen,
Nice strawman and now you only calm down for a talk after I called you out on your shit? Wow.

Never even said he was the "best villain ever", heck the similarities I drew between Cavanagh's Eobard and Ledger's Joker were more illustrative of what Cavanagh was doing than making a point about Ledger's Joker being the best thing ever. But no, you just had to get triggered at the mere mention of Ledger's Joker didn't you?

Funny that, Ledger's Joker isn't even my favorite Joker, that goes to Hamill's animated portrayal (excluding the Arkham games of course).

>You need to shut up though, because you're fucking stupid.
I love how you're just keeping at this unironically. Really though, what a fucking child.
>>
>>85725626
>>85725642

okay.
>>
>>85720502
This guy will probably because here only for a couple episodes during Flashpoint

Blackjack Flash won't be recurrent, he's will just appear now and then.

Savitar on the other hand... Could be a main villain.
>>
>>85725654
>after I called you out on your shit
If that's what you're calling getting triggered by someone criticizing a shit character you like, sure.
>that goes to Hamill's animated portrayal
Oh, you're a DCAU subhuman.
That's even worse than being a Nolanfag.
Sorry for engaging you. I'm sure when you'll read actual comics made before 2000, you'll see how shit all those incarnations are.
>>
>>85725691
I love how you can only argue through shitposting and strawmen. Truly remarkable how you've essentially made a fool out of yourself without me even trying.
>>
>>85725721
Whatever, go watch another shitty cartoon for kids :^)
>>
>>85721185
>>Barry has been keeping Eobard prisoner in his Zoom dungeon.
Now THAT sounds kinky. I can get behind it.
>>
>>85725755
>gets called out on his shit and continues to persist on it as if it will make him look any better
>:^)
Haha, this can't be real. It's hard to believe anyone can be this much of a whiny child.
>>
>have Tony Todd voice your villain and hype him as the creepiest villain in CW shows
>lose all creepiness factor when Zoom takes off the mask and becomes a saturday morning cartoon villain
Why?
>>
>>85725794
It's a shame because I wished they really stuck with the whole literal "speed demon" motif they had going by having his mask be his actual face after years of being a speed-obsessed freak. Heck I would have bought him being "Jay" if Zoom was meant to be something like his future self while Jay was representative of his past self.
>>
>>85725822

They were going for a vader motiff and instead of embracing that or making it barry under the mask, they did an asspull in beginning of the season.
>>
>>85724574
>Flash is so fast he can casually timetravel.

I think that you don't know how his timetravel worked, it wasnt about speed (he was barely Mach 2 (680 meters per second) the first time he did it. In the show at least it's just Speed force speed force shenanigans.

Flash is extremely slow. Faster than Avengers's quickslav, Way slower than Fox memesilver or MoS Superman.
>>
>>85724845
>as the equivalent to what Heath Ledger did to the Joker.

You are comparing an Oscar tier performance (he shouldnt had won, but the nomination was fair) to heavily over-acted but on the CW.
>>
>>85726465
Anon means the show
>>
>>85724574

Get a villain who can see the future.

Bam. problem solved
>>
>>85726481
>Oscar tier performance
I'll bite, what was so special about his performance? It was just over-acting that made Anthony Hopkins feel restrained.
I'm still fucking mad that Eckhart delivered the best performance in the entire movie and got jackshit for this
>>
>>85726483
I know, that's the point, in the comics the time barrier is beyond FTL speeds, in the show it's not. CW flash is slow.
>>
>>85726465
How fast is MoSman exactly?
>>
>>85726537
900 times faster than sound.
Zoom was 14 times faster than sound in the show.

Funny thing: this is the first movie superman that isnt faster than light, returns was even more OP.

That's why i'm hyped for the Flash, if Rookie superman is already that fast Flash will need to be a beast, really want to see him FTL.
>>
>>85726587
>900 times faster than sound

Where did you get this?
>>
>>85721136
Woman are 50% of the population, they should have 50% representation in media as well. Why not genderbend a character?
>>
>>85726643

That's the speed he needs to cross the globe is such a small time. Also, while fighting zod they go to space ar 300 times the speed of sound.

While usually this feats could be considered Subject of movie magic, the team and snyder were really clear about how autistic were the scales of powers and how intentional and calculated everything we saw was.
>>
>>85723140
>It could've been on CBS but that's not even a network. That's a straight up antenna channel

It's shameful that there are people this stupid in the world.
>>
>>85720502
>shitty writing
>recycled villians
>shitty acting
>blackwashing white characters

Why do people watch this drivel?
>>
File: 1464054602507.jpg (44KB, 790x507px) Image search: [Google]
1464054602507.jpg
44KB, 790x507px
>3 speedsters ...
they're not even trying.
>>
>>85726707

Yeah but that 50% doesnt have to taken from males. Create more if you want 50% dont change already existing things for reasons like that.
>>
>>85726707
cuck
>>
>>85720502
STOP
>>
>>85722004
Supergirl is not part of the verse yet.
The Legion is Merlin, Eobard, Darhk (why? why not?) and Cold
>>
>>85720502
If only they'd show this much effort introducing new Rogues rather than speedsters.
>>
>>85720502
Since Caesar from Spartacus is going to be in it, this would be a prime opportunity for someone to say GREAT CAESAR'S GHOST!
>>
>>85720502
But that's a lie

Pictured is Savitar, nothing mentions Rival,and Black Flash will probably not really be a villain, just an obstacle.
>>
>>85729822
It was confirmed yesterday that this is the Rival.
>>
>>85726939
I hope you're referring to fact that we have so many speedster villains instead of the returning ones.
>>
>>85729822
READ THE FIRST LINK

It debunks that pictured is Savitar and reveals it is Rival.
>>
>>85720502
>Rival looks like a retard
>The worst character of the entire series is returning, portrayed by the worst actor of the entire series
Just fuck my show up, senpai.
>>
>>85721373
>>85721534
Guys, zoom was also an actually interesting character in the comics, they're going to turn savitar into reverse-flash 3.
>>
>>85720515
Where is Supes ?
>>
He looks like a combination of Thawne and Zolomon yet a 1000x more ridiculous. Would rather see Johnny Quick if we have to have ANOTHER speedster
>>
>>85730729

He honestly looks like a Tick villain to me. He should be standing next to El Seed and the guy with a pig for a leg.
>>
>>85721785
>Morrison created Mirror Master

No, he did not. He created McCulloch. But McCulloch isn't the original Mirror Master or even the one the show is going to use.
>>
>>85722443
People praise it because it's fun to watch. No one said it was the epitome of great screenwriting.
>>
>>85723204

izombie is in fact the best. But it also doesn't really resemble the comic at all(for better or worse)
>>
>>85731756
Was that not obvious from the context of the comment? Way to be an autist.
>>
You know the shitty thing is that Mirror Master could have been the season big bad. Barry could have been stuck in the mirror world for a bit, Wally would have to take the crash course in becoming a hero, that kind of thing
>>
>>85732549
Nah
>>
>>85723836

There are a vocal group of people who dislike Gotham as well. It gets very mixed opinions much like The Flash.

iZombie, which I personally really enjoy, doesn't resembles the comic at all and takes next to nothing from it. It honestly might as well have just been it's own thing outside of the Michael Allred art in the opening.

But what's with calling anything based on a comic even remotely "capeshit?" iZombie is not "capeshit" in any way shape or form. Ghost World(the movie) was a comic adaptation but no one is calling that capeshit(and it's not but neither is iZombie)
>>
>>85721100
>>85721133
>Top is a chick
>no gay jokes about Flash being the bottom
no point
>>
>>85730539
When Zoom had the mask on with TT voicing him he was good. I agree Teddy was awful. They dont need him as Zoom is now a zombie corrupted by time wraiths.
>>
>>85726481
You know what the anon meant. I prefer Matt Letscher as Eobard (he's more comic accurate in terms of look and personality) but Tom is about as memorable to people as Reverse Flash as Ledger was to Joker. You see people quoting the "to me you've been dead for centuries" line as reverentially as people would quote "Why so Serious."
>>
>>85732518
>>85732518
No, I'm sorry. It wasn't obvious to me. You said he created "Mirror Master" which isn't true.
>>
>>85734361
>can't comprehend that a conversation about modern Rogues would be talking about modern creations

I'm surprised you can understand Morrison at all
>>
>>85733674
>he was good
In the first episode he appeared. Then he kept appearing doing nothing and dragging his story alot.
>>
>>85720502
>Needs a bullshit reason for Barry to fix the timeline
>Rival in the comics is evil Jay Garick Flash Doppelganger
>Henry Allen in the show is Earth One Jay
Calling it now, Henry is Flashpoint Rival
>>
>>85725642
Do you have to start every post with a meme?
>>
>People are bored with an evil Speedster for a villain
>I know lets add 3 this year they will love it!
>Writers!
>>
I WANT MORE SPEEDSTERS

BRING IN BOTH THAWNES

REVIVE TRAJECTORY

INTRODUCE MAX MERCURY THE ZEN MASTER SPEED

GAS THE ROGUES, SPEED WAR NOW.
>>
>>
>>85734723
It's starting to enter ARROW Flashback formula territory
>>
>>85722014
under rated imo buddy
>>
>>85722443
Nah high school fanfic is way better.
>>
>>85735764
>>85722443
It's Silver Age writing.
>>
>>85725792
What website do you think this is?
>>
>>85735312
The costumes just doesn't fits the actor. I know it can't look life body paint like in th comics or that the actors can't be as big a Affleck or Cavill, but then make the costume tighter.

Kids Flash look okay but the Black Speed ster looks bad.
>>
>>85736738
>t. I've never read a silver age comic before

They're bullshit but they make sense unlike the show.
>>
>>85736908
The only good speedster costume was evil Jay's, it's a shame
>>
>>85736924
No they don't. I'm talking about DC Silver Age and not Marvel. Flash is a stupid but fun show like Gotham and most capeshit shows.
>>
>>85737328
I've read silver age DC. Don't come here talking shit.
>>
>>85721732
How high of a bar is that?
>>
>>85737414
I'm not. There's nothing wrong with it. It is what is.
>>
>>85737472
It's better than the show m8, especially silver age Flash.
>>
>>85722585
Captain Cold has always been the "Master of Absolute Zero." Since his first appearance.
>>
>>85737482
I agree. I wish the show would go as crazy as the Silver Age. They are both still silly and aren't trying to be deep.
>>
>>85722443
This:

>>85732376

It's not ashamed of what it is. Either it's to your taste or you'll find it too cheesy/stupid that's what Flash has always been.
>>
>>85721485
>who is dr alchemy
>>
>>85721132
>Which really looks silly.
Not if you have good writers who believe in the characters.
>>
>>85736738

Bullshit it is.

CW Flash is just another scooby gang lite horseshit drama.
>>
>>85735312
>>85736908
Kid Flash's head piece makes zero fucking sense.

For guys like Gambit or real!Wally, showing their long locks in motion and complimenting the actual costume color is a fun stylistic choice.

When you're a black guy with a shaved scalp, it just makes you look like a fucking retard with a death wish. Like you're begging bad guys to blow or club your bloody brains out.
>>
>>85738576
Bloodwyd had the open top and it worked fine. Also there's usually no protection in the hoods so why do you think that matters?
>>
>>85738033
Silver Age had tons of forced drama with Barry and Iris.
>>
>>85738637
I was arguing the design from a strictly stylistic perspective, not a practical one. If practicality or head protection meant dick in comics all the Robins would be fucking dead by now.

Having the top of your mask cut off when you're basically bald looks fucking stupid.
>>
>>85738637
Bloodwyd ain't bald, son. Most of his iterations have him with a fuzzy, wooly do. Actual black hair that compliments the white.
>>
>>85734397
Agreed. He was not a good season long villain. S2's entire plot was weak.
>>
File: my god its full of boigahs.jpg (792KB, 1200x1845px) Image search: [Google]
my god its full of boigahs.jpg
792KB, 1200x1845px
I've been reading Silver Age Green Lantern lately and by god they really should do a CW GL show.

>built in relationship drama between Hal and Carol
>already racially diverse supporting cast with Kalmaku
>Ferris Aircraft works perfectly for the mandatory "control room the hero is constantly talking to"
>Guy would be a fan-favorite
>plenty of shitty Silver Age one-offs to pull from
>also good, simple villains like Evil Star, Major Disaster, Goldface, classic Black Hand, Tattooed Man, Dr. Polarist, and of course Hector Hammond and Sinestro
>powers aren't difficult to add, with stuff like phasing through walls and turning invisible being some of the easiest film effects
>CGI is mostly just transparent, geometric green shapes which any first-year computer graphics students could do, and flying which Supergirl also does
>Hal/Barry and Hal/Ollie are both some of the most classic bromances in comic history

I think there's a belief that a GL show would have to be mostly in space with all the Johns-era stuff, and that could be part of it, but there's so much potential to draw from Silver Age GL that seems a natural fit what with Flash taking so much Silver Age stuff as well and incorporating some modern elements.
>>
>>85739036
Exactly! Zoom and that whole plot dragged. It got to the point where I was yearning for freak of the week episodes over Zoom.
>>
>>85739606
True! A lot of people deny that the CW shows have a Silver Age element to them, but there was a lot of drama (sometimes forced) with Iris and Carol in those Silver Age Flash and GL books.
>>
>>85738576
Kid Flashs headpiece would be so much better if it lined up with his hairline. Rebirth black Wally looks pretty good because of it.
>>
>>85739606
That would be amazing.
>>
>>85723989
You're absolutely right
>>
>We get a villian named Shalf
>It's Eobard removed from the timestream
>>
>>85735312
Who the fuck came up with The Rival suit?
Just make a dark version of Jay's costume.
>>
File: 1455215316566.jpg (65KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1455215316566.jpg
65KB, 400x300px
>>85735312
>negro Flash
>>
>>85743735
The only thing I really hate about this Wally is that he's a fucking tech supergenius. As if this show, hell, the entire CWverse, doesn't have enough supergeniuses.

Wally has never been all that smart, but I'm guessing they felt like if they made the black guy dumb it would be seen as racist. But you can make a character not a genius without making them an idiot.

I'd be totally cool with it otherwise.
>>
>>85744718
cuck
>>
>>85744775
epic win
>>
>>85744796
You are what you are
>>
>>85720502
Wait let me guess the season finale:
>I can't do it guys, I'm not fast enough! I can't outrun the Black Flash/Savitar/The Rival! I couldn't even save MUH MOM/DAD!
>YOU ARE THE MOST COURAGEOUS MAN I HAVE EVER KNOWN, I'M PROUD OF HAVING YOU AS A MENTOR/SON/BOYFRIEND! YOU CAN DO IT BARRY YOU JUST HAVE TO BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!
>THANKS WALLY/BLACK DAD/IRIS! I BELIEVE IN MYSELF NOW! GOTTA GO FAST!
>RUN, BARRY, RUN!
And then Barry wins.
The end.
Why would anyone in their right mind sit through another fucking season of this trite after how shit season 2 was?
>>
>>85721100
Let's hope she becomes the topless
>>
>>85745011
Yeah for all the show's flaws I'm not sure why Barry is still so incompetent. Maybe giving him a permanent team was a mistake, should have just been occasional side characters.
>>
>>85741720
You misspelled Hsalf.
>>
I can't wait for Max Mercury to show up and be a mentor/father figure to Barry, only for it to be revealed he was Savitar the whole time.
>>
>>85745011
Season 2 was fucking unwatchable.
>>
>>85745011
Barry's wins always come at a price.
Some episodes of S2 were okay, it's just the Zoom arc was shit.
I dont think it's so bad to stop watching yet. Same reason I'm giving Supergirl another chance after the pure shit S1 was. LoT was shit from episode 2 and I watched all of it because there was some humor and charm in it.
>>
>>85746007
You are the very definition of a DC cuck
>>
>>85746336
This is why comic shows were a mistake.

They attract all these KEK KEK A KEKO DOODLE DOO 19-year old mongoloids from /tv/.
>>
>>85746007
I feel like Flash at least last season was worse written than Supergirl, though Flash was probably still more likeable. Maybe they just have more practice doing Superman related shows so that she can rip stuff off if necessary but even though the main plot of the evil Kryptonians was kind of boring it was better paced and made more sense than Zoom on Flash last season. Mini-plots for side characters were better too. I don't think there was any episode of Flash as good as the Toyman one for Supergirl, for example.

Not sure what went wrong but I hope they can fix it. I worry they just can't do anything on their own and need another movie script to follow.
>>
File: maxresdefault (7).jpg (860KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (7).jpg
860KB, 3840x2160px
>>85746336
I watch Marvel tv too. Just not Agents of Shit, I dropped that after S2.
>>85746857
Flash Back was as good as the Toyman episode. Had Wellsobard. Also the Grodd episode wasn't bad.

The evil kryptonian villains was like something out of Lois and Clark. I can't say they were better than Zoom.
>>
>>85720502
The Rival should have been the main villain last season. He's Jay Garrick's Reverse Flash, not Zoom.
Thread posts: 341
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.