[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, what are your thoughts on this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 1

File: crisis_on_infinite_earths_001.jpg (743KB, 1134x880px) Image search: [Google]
crisis_on_infinite_earths_001.jpg
743KB, 1134x880px
Now that the dust has settled, what are your thoughts on this?

We aren't talking about the effect Crisis had on the comics industry, we're talking about the story itself.
>>
>>85697241
Weirdly comfy.
>>
>>85697241
meh
>>
I like it, but there a lot of extra shit in there that you forget until you reread.

Like those towers in the beginning.
>>
>>85697241
I love CoIE so much. Somehow Wolfman manages to remember a lot of the continuity that lead up to CoIE and work it in each personal character's story in the epic.

It also is the only "event" comic I've read, outside of maybe Final Crisis, that really felt like it was one grand, cohesive narrative that was about the entire universe.
One day, I'd like to re-read it with all the tie ins.
>>
>>85697485
what tie ins
>>
>>85697241
It had a truly epic feel and I like that the heroes suffered serious losses and had to take a few swipes at the AM before finally toppling him.
>>
>>85697515
like every single book at the time tied in to CoIE. There is one about Blue Devil out in space with the OG Omega Men
>>
it's a fucking mess but hangs together somehow.

Perez is a hell of an artist
>>
I loved it when I finally read it last year.

I would like them to release a book or several with the tie-ins spliced in properly because it would help with a few things overall. I'd have no problem double dipping if that was the case.
>>
>>85697241
I am incapable of being objective about it because it was one of the first comics I ever read
>>
It is an almost perfect fast introduction to the DC Universe. Almost every character is established quickly and presented to the reader in a fashion that allows someone to instantly understand and get the core concept of the character, and in a story that really brings to the forefront one of the most interesting concepts of the DC U, the Multiverse, in a fashion extremely unique to comics.
>>
>>85697485
There is a hardcover of all the tie ins.
>>
>>85697599
Yeah, I know. One day I'll buy it and read it all.
>>
>>85697599
Is it CoIE with the tie-ins or JUST the tie-ins? I'm not interested in rebuying CoIE really but the tie-ins definitely interest me.
>>
>>85697599
link?

can't find it
>>
>>85697515
I had almost all of those. Even the Losers Special>>85697583
Same.
>>
>>85697625
>>85697611
FUCK it was supposed to be out in October but it appears to be fucking cancelled.

...I was gonna buy that
>>
>>85697625
>>85697629

I remember seeing one that was both CoIE and the tie-ins, but after researching it I guess I was going crazy. Regardless, there is a book that is just the companion book (ie, just the tie ins) but its out of stock in most places and out of print now.
>>
>>85697751
damn, i remember seeing that being advertised too. Why did Warners do this? Maybe they are gunna save it and release it as a tie in with JL or the JL movie sequel that goes all CRISIS or something.

They do love to re-release books in line with their movies.
>>
>>85697792
The best thing about their movies desu
>>
>>85697821
haha i love this maymay
>>
>>85697821
I agree, even if I actually really love BvS, my favorite part is getting reprints and vidya tie ins.

And can we please not start console wars bullshit? I won't insult you for liking things I dont like if you dont do it to me.
>>
>>85697836
It's true. Thanks to the movies and tv shows I have zero interest in we may get all of Mike Grell's Green Arrow and Ostrander/Yale's Suicide Squad collected
>>
>>85697865
>tfw we'll never get reprints of O'Neil's Question or 52
>>
>>85697860
I am a huge DCfag for basically all of their history. I am a huge fan of Silver Age Marvel. Modern Marvel comics are trash, their movies are mostly good. DC movies are a mess.

Console wars are retarded as fuck.
>>
>>85697905

they're in the middle of reprinting 52 rn
>>
>>85697933
>their movies are mostly good. DC movies are a mess.
this is just not true
>>
>>85697933
I'm a huge DC fag too and you literally just dived into console wars. Please, can't /co/ just have one thread that is love? Remember when /co/ was love?

I enjoy the marvel movies, but they are extremely flat. I really like MoS, think BvS was excellent. Can we please not just measure taste here?

>>85697959
You stop it too. I'm on your side, but lets NOT do this here?
>>
>>85697935
I heard that they are reprinting vol 1 for christmas, do you know if it will include the creator commentaries like the original trades did?
>>
>>85697959
The worst Marvel movie is, what, Thor 2?
Age of Ultron?

I love Suicide Squad but I can feel the clusterfuck of that movie changing from what it was to what it is when I watch it. Man of Steel and BvS are hot garbage
>>
>>85697997
Stop ruining this thread with your fucking console wars holy shit.
>>
>>85697905
> we'll never get reprints of O'Neil's Question
> tfw you own the floppies

I need those Suicide Squad trades because atleast two of the issues are suddenly worth $$$ to collectors. Which is the biggest downside of the movies and tv shows
>>
>>85697970
I was just trying to say they both have different things that are good atm. Not trying to rock the boat senpai
>>
>>85698021
Oh, okay. I misunderstood. I feel differently, so I read that as you trying to insert your opinion more. My bad senpai.
>>
>>85697997
>Man of Steel and BvS are hot garbage
not true and never will be
pls stop
>>
>>85698044
>>85697997

Both of you go to your rooms until you learn to stop shitting up a thread.
>>
Been awhile since I've read it but I remember loving it and re-reading the fuck out of it. It stood out on its own as a legitimately great story imo.
>>
>>85698086
All the big drama beats work. Still wish Supergirl hadn't been killed to facilitate John Byrne's fanfiction
>>
>>85698116
>Still wish Supergirl hadn't been killed to facilitate John Byrne's fanfiction
wut

That whole issue with Supergirl's death though...that was legitimately well-written and probably the issue I re-read the most.
>>
>>85697983
I got the Omnibus and I'm a big fab
>>
>>85698135
Supergirl only died because Byrne wanted Superman to be the only Kryptonian.
>>
>>85698135
Nono it's fucking great. I just don't like how unappreciative Byrne is of the Silver Age
>>
>>85698116
Is this about meme oppression Olympics or do you just like the character?
>>
>>85698153
Read the OP
>>
>>85698183
1) clarifying his confusion
2) saying something happened in the story because of an outside reason doesn't make it discussion about the outside reason, it is just talk about how editorial affected the story
>>
>>85698153
>>85698161
Ah, of course. Obviously. Yeah, that was some bullshit. I was born after the Crisis but honestly I like a whole lot of Silver-Age concepts more than post-Crisis stuff.
>>
>>85698223
I want a trade of the Lexor saga.

First issue it appears in Lex challenges Superman to a fistfight on a red sun planet and Superman fuckimg accepts. Silver Age is fucking bonkers.
>>
>>85698253
>First issue it appears in Lex challenges Superman to a fistfight on a red sun planet and Superman fuckimg accepts. Silver Age is fucking bonkers.
Fucking what? Lol

I have the issue where Lex Luthor and Brainiac are both reinvented. AC #544 iirc. I always did love the 'Terminator' Brainiac more than the funny-looking green dude version. I always wanted them to bring that version back and Lexor too in some way.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.