[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

What went wrong?
>>
>>85690337
Minions were a complete accident and they decided to use them for profit.
>>
>>85690337
Minions.
>>
Too much executive meddling
>>
>>85690385
This. Despicable Me was actually a pretty cute movie and it pisses me off to no end that people don't even remember it. All they know is the "hurdur funny yellow buttplugs that say banana".

I'll never understand why Minions got so much more attention than the rest of the damn movie. Surprised they even bothered to make a second one. At least they tried to make everyone remember where the minions came from I guess.
>>
>>85690744
And now they're making a third film with Tret Parker.
>>
Sing looks like a two hour commercial for the shittiest music.
>>
File: 012.png (703KB, 703x608px) Image search: [Google]
012.png
703KB, 703x608px
They made a movie about minions instead of a movie about Vector.
I guess you can't really blame them since they knew a movie about the minions would've made them big bucks without any risk.
>>
>>85690912
>tfw that movie will make more money than any of the other animated films that came out in 2016
>>
>>85690872
holy shit I wasn't even aware of this.
>>
>>85690744
I got angry when I learnt that they were retconning the minions' origin just to milk the cash cow dry.

They just implied the minions will leave Gru behind when they don't see him fit anymore... Which doesn't even make sense because the two Despicable Me movies had villains one-upping the shit out of Gru.
>>
>oh my gosh look at her butt
>>
Despicable Me was surprisingly great and I had high hopes for the studio. Problem was they took the wrong lessons from Despicable Me, which was that "cutesy and annoying sells" when most of the movie's actual charm comes from Gru's sardonic wit, Vector's outlandishness, and the actual character arc for Gru and the girls. Instead the sequel and Minions had a ton of annoying antics with little in the way of clever writing. The worst part is those sequels are still more inspired than Secret Life of Pets which was beyond insipid. The characters have no personality beyond being cute or wacky and existing to sell toys, there's barely anything resembling a story in that movie.

As far as Hop and Lorax, I thankfully blocked most of Hop from my memory since it was beyond terrible, and Lorax has some decent moments and it's somewhat enjoyable, but it drags beyond belief and everything added that wasn't in the book was terrible.

So we have a studio with 6 movies, and only one of them is actually good. Everybody already hates Sing based on its terrible premise (even worse is the studio advertising the fact that it has more popular music than any movie EVER as its key selling point), and the movies after that will be ANOTHER Despicable Me and ANOTHER Pets movie. So let's just call this studio done.
>>
>>85690385
>>85690403
/thread
>>
>>85690337

More like Illuminati Entertainment.
>>
>>85690872
oh my god
>>
>>85693325
What can I say, I'm a sucker for animals. You're completely right but I just love dogs and anything going into their thought process.
>>
>>85690872
I'M EXCITED! I loved the first two so much
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.