[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what is the general opinion on Miles Morales now that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 222
Thread images: 25

File: Spider-Man_Vol_2_1_Textless.jpg (302KB, 900x1369px) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man_Vol_2_1_Textless.jpg
302KB, 900x1369px
So what is the general opinion on Miles Morales now that the dust has settled?
>>
Worthy successor to Spider-Man mantle. Can't wait for him to grace movies.
>>
I really don't care.
>>
>>85673647
Thanks for wasting your time in this thread anyways then.
>>
I reaalllyy want to like him. I even fought /co/ on this a few times but man...they refuse to give him anything to do

It's been years. where are his rogues? where are any stories that challenge him? why haven't we seen any of his supporting cast flourish or struggle or do ANYTHING EXCEPT make small, snarky comments about the explosions outside?

I swear to god it's not even entirely that miles is boring (he could be more interesting, but i'd say he has enough to work with for now) but jesssus christ after the arc with his uncle he's had no real conflict he could call his own, it was either wrapping up ULT.Pete stories no one asked to be wrapped up, or now we have him in this redundant role fighting his elders leftover problems?? what the hell
>>
>>85673613
i wish miles and sam secret identity were switch
>>
I don't read Marvel so I don't know.
>>
All bendis OCs belong in the trash
>>
He hasn't done anything that interests me.
As a character he doesn't bother me at all but he doesn't interest me either.
I realize that's more the fault of the writers.

He is not a character that is going to be forgotten anytime soon, so I'll see where he goes.
>>
>>85673647
This.
>>
He's not female so he's not nearly as triggering for /co/ despite being a negro.
>>
wasted potential: the character

but that's what happens when you hitch your wagon to Bendis
>>
>>85673738
But then you get to stick forever. Ever since he ditched Ultimate, his sales have been a lot better.
I don't like him, but it's very clear that he'll be around for a long time.
>>
>>85673680
But Alias is good, anon.
>>
>>85673613
I like Miles. I hope he gets with Kamala.
>>
boring
>>
Like the character, don't like the stories so much.

I didn't care about a black/latino Spider-man since he wasn't the "main" Spider-man. I'll admit it would've bugged me if he replaced 616 Peter.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-21-22-54-54.png (3MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-21-22-54-54.png
3MB, 1080x1920px
>>85673613
I like him enough to enjoy him when he is written by someone other than Bendis, I really wish we had a Spider-Men ongoing wherein he is the side kick to Spidey.
>>
Bland as fuck and utterly unnecessary now that he's in a universe where peter parker never died
>>
>>85673806
Casualties
>>
he's there he's another spider man doing things peter used to do only much more dull
it's not like anyone gives a shit about his hispanic side
>>
>>85673839
Is this supposed to be funny? Why do people buy this dreck?
>>
>being doomed to be written by Bendis forever
truly a fate worse than death
>>
>>85673779
well until he gets another writer nothing will change, that's just the sad truth of things
>>
He's a totally pointless character.

Doesn't really work in a universe where Peter Parker is still alive, because he's pretty much the same as Pete but not as good.
>>
>>85673977
The thing is that this could be fixed but Bendis just doesn't fucking care (or he's trying to push them into killing 616 Peter), there are plenty of characters who have had to have their purpose as a legacy hero redefined. It's not a unique situation.
>>
>>85673878
>it's not like anyone gives a shit about his hispanic side

I do. But I get what you're saying. It's just diversity fluff. Everyone sees him as black though.
>>
Maybe the best Spiderman Legacy ever with the most untapped potential next to Mayday. Set him up as a leader to the younger set in a way Peter never was and you've got something special.
>>
>>85674024
>or he's trying to push them into killing 616 Peter
Yep. He wanted to whack Peter instead of Hulk in CWII.
>>
>>85673806
>Alias is good
Alias is awful.
>>
There is nothing special about Miles.
He's just another new teen superhero that Marvel and DC push every ten years to grab at the next youth market.
Remember Impulse? Superboy? Spidergirl?

It's nothing new but this time the casuals recognized the name and the racists made a hissyfit.
In case nobody here read New Warriors, Young Justice, or Avengers Academy let me fill you in: They are always boring and nothing important ever comes of them.
>>
Miles could be alright, but the writing for him sucks. I'm not sure there was ever a time when it didn't suck. It's especially bad now that he's been grafted into the main universe with most of his life defining events overwritten, so any development the Ultimate readers experienced is all irrelevant now which is kind of discouraging. Also, he was drafted onto the Avengers but hardly does anything, except job maybe. Most useless member.

I want to like Miles. In fact, I do like Miles. He's handled poorly though.
>>
>>85674059
Why is Bendis so bloodthirsty towards Peter? What's his deal?
>>
>>85673613
He is the superior spiderman. It's an added bonus that he makes white people upset
>>
>>85673613
FYI: If you think the dust is going to ever settle you've obviously never met a racist IRL.
>>
>>85674155
Because he cries when his daughter puts on a mask of Miles Morales. She can' connect with boring white Peter.
>>
Does he have an identity besides being black? Or is he just a blacker, younger version of Peter with more OP powers? I read only one issue of his comic, the one where his grandma comes to town and it was complete and utter garbage, it was painful to read. I mean, Spider Man is all about awesome villians and quips. Does Miles have either?
>>
He will never truly become a decent character under Bendis
He will always be a lame Peter Parker in black face he can self insert as
>>
File: 1585865658.jpg (9KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
1585865658.jpg
9KB, 240x160px
>>85673613
>Now that the dust has settled.
Always this sentence. It's obvious a lot of people are dissapointed you Marvel shill.
>>
File: 15256568458.png (614KB, 706x449px) Image search: [Google]
15256568458.png
614KB, 706x449px
>>85673637
>>85673613
>>
i don't like him, he's too broody and moody and it's annoying
>>
>>85673889
It's extremely funny to people who don't use the word dreck on the Interwebs
>>
>>85674155
Miles was meant to be THE Spider-Man. Only in the ultimate Universe, maybe, but in that pond he would have been top spider.

then the Ultimate Universe got the editorial boot and Miles got sentenced to playing second fiddle to Peter forever. What Bendis wants is for Peter to fade into just Miles' backstory, like what happened with Mar-Vel and Carol
it's delusional, but that's his endgame.
>>
>>85674155
It's established /co/ headcanon that Bendis wants to replace Peter with Miles in order to make his creator credit important.
Just roll with it and don't make post contact with the crazies.
>>
>>85673613
Not worth killing off Ultimate Peter
>>
>>85673681
>>85673779
The fact that he's a minority character born out of controversy and pretty much the only survivor of an entire side-imprint probably has him set for another decade or so at least.
>>
>>85674281
That wasn't their motive.
Ulti-Parker was killed to establish Ulti- Reed Richards' evil credit.
Miles was just the writers going back to untrained unprepared teenaged fuck-up Spiderman basics. You know, the formula that worked so well two teen Peters before.
>>
>>85674330
(not the only survivor)
>>
>>85673613

sara pichelli keep him alive.
>>
>>85674381
But Reed had nothing to do with Pete's death. He took a bullet for Captain America then fought Norman Osborn to the death instead of going to the hospital
>>
>>85674254
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/marvel-kill-character-civil-war-ii-article-1.2491020

“Civil War 2” writer Brian Michael Bendis and Marvel editor-in-chief Axel Alonso break down the premise.

“A mysterious new Marvel character comes to the attention of the world, one who has the power to calculate the outcome of future events with a high degree of accuracy,” according to the synopsis. “This predictive power divides the Marvel heroes on how best to capitalize on this aggregated information, with Captain Marvel leading the charge to profile future crimes and attacks before they occur, and Iron Man adopting the position that the punishment cannot come before the crime.”

Captain Marvel is a female super hero character that Marvel is looking to showcase more with her own movie slated for a March 2019 release.

“People’s personal accountability is the theme of this one,” Bendis explains to his peers of his project with artist David Marquez. “From the way cops are acting on camera, to the way people talk to each other online.”

As the story unfolds this new seer predicts the hero in question will be the cause of a major incident of destruction in three days, requiring the other good guys to make a tough call. The writer just hasn’t figured what or how bad that cataclysm will be.

“It has to fall somewhere between Hitler and self-defense,” Bendis says.

Though they also didn’t immediately settle on a big-name hero to turn into the culprit, Bendis kept referring to the doomed hero as Peter Parker, aka Spider-Man.

“Do you see me worried? I’m not worried,” whispers “Amazing Spider-Man” writer Dan Slott. “This is not my first rodeo. By the end of the afternoon, it won’t be Peter Parker.”

And sure enough, Parker is saved a grim fate by the afternoon as mass opinion shifts attention to other characters.
>>
>>85674244
Explains why Bendis wanted to kill Peter in CW2

>Though they also didn’t immediately settle on a big-name hero to turn into the culprit, Bendis kept referring to the doomed hero as Peter Parker, aka Spider-Man.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/marvel-kill-character-civil-war-ii-article-1.2491020
>>
>>85674414
Didn't Reed send a space-robot to explode Peter's house?
>>
>>85674420
Accountability, huh? All @Civil War II@ is built around Carol going around, doing whatever the fuck she wants and half of the world blindly following her.
>>
Do they ever touch upon the fact that all of his loved ones are fucking dead? Like, does he have PTSD?
>>
>2011: "We lost Ultimate Peter for THIS?"
>2016: "We lost Ultimate Peter for THIS?"

My thoughts haven't changed much.
>>
>>85674544
I can't see Slott letting that happen.
>>
>>85673817
This. He´s simply boring.
>>
>>85675325
Well, he did say something like "this isn't my first rodeo, it won't be Peter Parker".
I wonder did he scream BENDISSSSSSSSSS after he saw what he did to Shulkie.
>>
He's good under every other writer except Bendis.

Any character is good when they're not written by Bendis.

I used to be really into Bendis because of USM. But dumb idea after dumb idea followed by amazingly just retarded idea, I've melded into the /co/ hivemind.

Bendis is a bad writer and Miles has the potential to be a great character if anyone else was given a chance to write him and make him stand out on his own.

Peter/Miles interactions in Spider-Men were good. And now that they're in the same universe, they could partner up and become real Dynamic Duo-tier greatness. But Bendis and Marvel are still constantly trying to push this whole "Miles is the REAL Spider-Man" concept even when it doesn't matter who the REAL Spider-Man is. They can both be Spider-Man.

Having them both be Spider-Man would be equal representation. Instead they try to push him as superior somehow to Peter which is evident by his additional powers and saying he's the REAL one, when at the end of the day everyone knows Peter is the real Spidey.

tl;dr Miles can be good but Bendis hinders his growth into a real character and let him be Peter's sidekick everyone wants it
>>
Spider-man is Marvel's Batman.

In Marvel they have to have a Spider everything. Spider-man, Spider-girl, Spider-woman, Spider-boy, Spider-dog, Spider-bat.

In DC they have to have a Bat everything. Batman, Batgirl, Batwoman, Batdog, Batspider.

It all bores me. It just fucking bores me.
>>
File: image.jpg (189KB, 1081x763px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
189KB, 1081x763px
Is this a new meme?
>>
>>85675476
I remember one anon...
>Peter parker = Bruce wayne
>Ben reily = Dick grayson
>Kaine parker = Jason todd
>Anya corason = Stephanie brown
>silk = Barbara Gordon
>Mayday = damian wayne
>>
Whether or not he's good at writing them, I think Bendis is good at putting together large casts to bounce off of each other
Moving Miles to the main universe fucked his cast almost completely and he's having to quickly cobble together new and old OCs
In my opinion this was a mistake
>>
>>85673613
Can be a pretty good character at times but needs more development cause the pacing's not helping.
>>
>>85675515
No, it's /v/ tainting the whole of 4chan.
>>
>>85675529
The only good spider themed characters in marvel are Spiderman, 90's Brock venom, Anya, Miles and Spiderwoman 2.
Everyone else EVERYONE ELSE are shit tier nothings that can't even hold their own as D-list guest star in an Avengers book.
>>
>>85675476
>Spider-man is Marvel's Batman.
So he's a billionaire who fights crime?
I thought that was Iron Man.
>>
>>85675589
Tony's poor, Pete's rich.
>>
>>85673613
>>85674182

>now that the dust has settled?

Bendis is so fucking decompressed that the dust hasn't settled.

>>85673661
Giving no fucks is a valid position anon.

>>85674330
I think the worst that would happen to him is that he fades into semi obscurity as the designated black dude for all spiderman comics, but not big enough to headline his own title. Similar to where Luke Cage was for a while.

>>85675433
Refusing to budge on the most basic shit, like giving him his own hero id, or letting the press pick one, or even exploring the issue hurts.

What did the cartoon eventually pick? I remember they had an episode where miles goes around trying out various names and catchphrases.
>>
>>85675589
Heh
Spider-man is literally inhabiting Iron Man's role right now
And at the end of CW2 Tony is either dying or quitting and getting replaced with Doom
>>
>>85673661
You asked what people thought of him.

Thinking he's unremarkable is a thought.
>>
>>85675603
tony isn't poor, he just got bumped from the 1% to the 10%
>>
>>85674544
wtf I love Slott now
>>
>>85675577
Spider-Woman 2 had rad costume. Madame Web was a mistake.
>>85675626
That "just got bumped" means he won't go to billionaire camp anymore, senpai.
>>
File: image.jpg (976KB, 1060x1544px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
976KB, 1060x1544px
Miles Morales, a teenager of Black Hispanic descent.

That's funny, because Mexicans absolutely hate black people.

Talk about an unrealistic character.
>>
I don't know which i hate more: Miles or Spider-Gwen. Gwenpool is cancer.
>>
>>85674575
No, reed had nothing to with Peter's death at all.
>>
>>85674191
They're using him as a place holder for peter. He's doing the small time stuff Spidey used to do before he became a big time hero that takes on world threatening events. They had something going when miles had his own little team and they were doing they're own thing. And based kitty almost joined the team too, too bad secret wars happened and threw out a bunch of good material. Whose idea was it to throw away a potential miles/venom rivalry? But as far as miles having his own villains? No, the closest he's gotten to that was the prowler, now he's doing little league Spidey stuff and minor avengers things. Also, you should read from a better starting point than that.
>>
>>85674381
I know this reply is super late but
>back to the fuckup spidey
is one of the things I hated most. I had been reading Ultimate since it began and hadn't really read much 616 so I was excited to see Peter get trained by the Ultimates and become a real superhero. Then they FUCKED IT ALL UP.
>>
>>85675991
Cap was a dick and peter died for it, feels bad senpai
>>
>>85674606
Secret wars basically means none of that happened. They're making it seem like he doesn't even remember his universe.
>>
>>85675433
Worst part is peter doesn't even feel too good about miles taking up his mantle. He even tried to ask miles to stop at one point.
>>
File: Ultimate Loss.jpg (575KB, 1350x1044px) Image search: [Google]
Ultimate Loss.jpg
575KB, 1350x1044px
>>85674680

This. He has not live up to was he took from us.
>>
If the avengers fall out I hope he grabs nova and ms marvel, cloak and danger, and Jessica and just remakes his team. It'd be cool to see that for a while.
>>
>>85675987
No original villians? What's the point of reading it then?
>>
>>85676105
Most read it because of ultimate, some read it because they want to see what diversity does to spider-man. In ultimate he had a fair bit of emotional development. If your looking for a reason to read it then you should start from where he first appeared, or look forward to another writer using all the potential he has.
>>
>>85676032
who is in middle? i dont remember him
>>
File: 1461935738607.png (690KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1461935738607.png
690KB, 5000x5000px
>>85676171

>mfw Bendis unironically wanted to kill another Peter and make that true.
>>
File: adnmybsmrdrfnftahgc8.jpg (65KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
adnmybsmrdrfnftahgc8.jpg
65KB, 960x720px
I liked the other new Spider-man better.
>>
>>85674680
>>85676032
He would have got incursion'd anyway, at least he had a semi-happy ending before that.
>>
>>85674402
Who else survived? Ultimate Thor's hammer and the maker are the only things o remember.
>>
>>85673613
A decent if somewhat bland Spider-man successor who has a lot of potential that gets continually squandered by Bendis' "everything must be decompressed" style and a constant stream of event tie-ins keeping him from being able to build up his own story.
>>
>>85677518
Miles' parents, Ganke, Bomshell and Maker.
>>
I like Miles and I enjoy his book
>>
I like miles i like how he's written I wish he had more bad guys or something original about him.
>>
File: ULTSM2011028-int-LR2-5-4e874.jpg (284KB, 900x1366px) Image search: [Google]
ULTSM2011028-int-LR2-5-4e874.jpg
284KB, 900x1366px
Not enough character moments, which is weird cause that's typically the only thing Bendis is good at.
He only cares about other people and their approval so it makes him not shine when he's alone on a page.
>>
>>85673613
Morales doesn't have anything at the moment. He doesn't have a recognizable character of his own, he doesn't have any interesting superpowers or gadgets of his own, he hasn't even had a strong, interesting storyline of his own. Miles is basically a bunch of oatmeal shoved into a spider-suit. He suffers all the regular Bendis problems, but has them magnified because he doesn't even have a character when he's not written by Bendis.
>>
>>85673613
I want to see him being written in a solo book by someone who isn't Bendis.
>>
>>85673613
Hes fucking boring and essentially the Poochie of Marvel right now. I guess you could salvage him, but he suffers from 3 major issues
>Hes basically black low key Peter
>He needs a nerf
>Hes one of many Spider characters whos piggybacking on the brand name
>>
>>85680157
>Hes one of many Spider characters whos piggybacking on the brand name
This is the bed that capeshit readers have made for themselves.
Creativity isn't rewarded in sales as much as familiarity is so new characters exist as co-stars, sidepieces, as derivatives, or not at all.
>>
File: Spider-Man_Twins.jpg (119KB, 955x720px) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man_Twins.jpg
119KB, 955x720px
>>85676105
Miles has his own original villains. That's not say he couldn't use some more. But he certainly does have some like the spider-man twins.
>>
Kinda boring. Had loads of potential but kept getting thrust into events and onto teams in an attempt to save the dying Ultimate line, and is now just sort of superfluous on 616. Would possibly be pretty good if Bendis would give his solo up to another writer but it'll never happen so he'll remain a boring character who venom strikes all his problems.
>>
>>85675515
/co/'s been saying that about everything since about two years ago if not more

Stop trying to call everything a meme
>>
>>85675816
I like Gwenpool. Spider-Gwen is absolute trash though.
>>
File: spidey-humanflies[1].jpg (38KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
spidey-humanflies[1].jpg
38KB, 720x540px
>>85680585
They aren't original, they're from the 1960s Spider-Man cartoon.
>>
>>85681082
That's what partially inspired them but they are characters specific to Miles' book.
>>
Honestly, I think Miles' origin is a lot better than Peters, though that's in part because of Peters legacy. With the Roxxon arc, though, you could tell they rushed Bendis to wrap stuff up before Cataclysm, after which it picked up again in quality.

Now he's in 616, a world he has no stake in, he is no longer the NEW Spider-Man, trying to live up to Parkers legacy in a universe shaped by events like Ultimatum, he's just another in the long list of Spider heroes in the main universe. He's honestly not even the same character at this point. Then they retcon stuff like his mother and Spider-Men, why even use Miles if you're just gonna change everything about his personal journey?
>>
>>85681145
They're literally the ultimate universe version of the characters from the cartoon. That's like calling ultimate Prowler or ultimate Scorpion original villains.
>>
File: Maximus_Gargan_(Earth-1610).jpg (287KB, 1279x1905px) Image search: [Google]
Maximus_Gargan_(Earth-1610).jpg
287KB, 1279x1905px
>>85681255
When literally the only thing the two characters have in common is a alias I'd say they're two very different characters.
>>
>>85681355
You must love all of Bendis' original characters then.

Like Mary Jane Watson, Gwen Stacy, Deadpool and the Green Goblin
>>
>>85681241
Bendis has already stated that Miles remembers everything from the Ultimate Universe.
>>
>>85681497
All I'm saying is that as far as comics are concerned the Spider-Man Twins have only appeared in Miles' books.
>>
>>85675433
>Peter/Miles interactions in Spider-Men were good. And now that they're in the same universe, they could partner up and become real Dynamic Duo-tier greatness. But Bendis and Marvel are still constantly trying to push this whole "Miles is the REAL Spider-Man" concept even when it doesn't matter who the REAL Spider-Man is. They can both be Spider-Man.
Fuckin Marvel.

Why can DC have multiple Flashes coexist without vying for the "true" title?
>>
>>85680861
"Now that the dust has settled" is literally a meme anon.
>>
>>85674128
PAD Young Justice was pretty good though anon
>>
>>85681498
They sure don't make it seem like it.
>>
>>85682438
I don't even think bendis is doing that

He just wants miles to stand on his own feet
>>
>>85682438
To be fair, it even took DC a little while to figure that out.
>>
>>85673613
nigger
>>
>>85675991
This still stings for me. I'd be fine with giving Peter a heroic sacrificial send-off if it hadn't been so forced, and at the expense of what they were already setting up:

>Post-Ultimatum world is stabilizing and different
>JJJ knows that Peter is Spider-man, agrees to keep his secret and pay for his college tuition
>Cap, Tony & Thor all agree to train Peter, seeing that he has the capacity to be better than all of them
>MJ-Gwen-Kitty love triangle
>Aunt May's home for halfway heroes

all in the trash so we can get a blander, younger Spider-man marketed solely on the novelty of his race. And after all this time we don't have any memorable stories or refined characterization to show for it.

As if straight up giving Miles Peter's supporting cast wasn't bad enough, they made Jessica Drew order Miles to be Spider-Man because apparently, even though she is the exact same person as Peter Parker, she can't take his place because she's a girl. But not just a girl, a transgendered superhero clone, but no, a book about that would be far too interesting. Marvel only wants to be progressive when it suits them. I'm surprised more people didn't get pissed about that - it was just as bad as Jean suddenly deciding Bobby was gay all along.

I don't necessarily hate Miles, but I hate that he's a pandering editorial device which they haven't even committed to.
Fuck Bendis and fuck Marvel.
Years later, I'm still mad as hell.
>>
>>85673613
How many times has Peter said "you're totally a legitimate and awesome Spider-man"
I think 2x from 616 and once from ultimate
And a few times from everyone in Ultimate Spidey's supporting cast and a few of his villains

It's fucking sad.
>>
>>85686253
>and a few of his villains

No fucking way. I've never read Miles' comics. Please tell me you're joking. I imagine the Green Goblin or whoever is a villain there getting the shit kicked out of him while saying "You're truly THE Spider-man."
>>
>>85686253
Well, when Marvel has a new version of an old character that no one likes, rather than abandon the idea, they instead push it, and have bad guys compliment them, and push them some more, and have big giant hissy fits on twitter, and forced monologues in the books in question about why the character in question is so amazing, and why everyone should love them. Almost always in the least realistic way possible.

The did it with Black Spider man, they're doing it with female Thor, they'll do it with female Ironman. Rather than cater to what fans want, or keep classic characters alive, they'll shove their agenda down our throats, make changes just for shock factor (and the get non-comic readers to buy their shit and talk on social media) and they'll act like it's not all painfully obvious.

The best thing to do is just stop buying their shit. Sales is the only way to get through to Marvel and any other publisher. They want sales, if you don't buy their shit, then eventually they'll either burn out and die, or they'll start publishing better shit again.
>>
>>85686325
>Please tell me you're joking.
He is or he's just fucking lying, none of Peter's villains have complimented Miles in any way, just a quick "I thought you were dead" then they fight.
>>
File: 1459526596661.png (1MB, 1084x816px) Image search: [Google]
1459526596661.png
1MB, 1084x816px
>>85673613
Straight up, completely average and bland. I can't even muster up a real reaction for him.

If this was like, 8 or 10 years ago. I'd probably be able to say he was the worst shit ever just because of how boring he was, but Marvel has been upping their game and making worse and worse shit.
>>
File: 1468160566500.jpg (34KB, 338x366px) Image search: [Google]
1468160566500.jpg
34KB, 338x366px
I think he's boring and plain as a lump of dogshit. The only time I've enjoyed an issue, and I've slugged through quite a lot of them just for the sake of being up to date, is when Chris Samnee wrote them. So he's been pretty shit since the start and he's pretty shit currently.

He used to be special, but then Marvel decided to just make every legacy character black or a chick.
>>
>>85686410
>Well, when Marvel has a new version of an old character that no one likes, rather than abandon the idea, they instead push it, and have bad guys compliment them, and push them some more, and have big giant hissy fits on twitter, and forced monologues in the books in question about why the character in question is so amazing, and why everyone should love them. Almost always in the least realistic way possible.
>The did it with Black Spider man, they're doing it with female Thor, they'll do it with female Ironman. Rather than cater to what fans want, or keep classic characters alive, they'll shove their agenda down our throats, make changes just for shock factor (and the get non-comic readers to buy their shit and talk on social media) and they'll act like it's not all painfully obvious.
I know that this may come as a shock, but Miles is actually legitimately popular outside of /co/. While he's definitely getting pushed, his popularity is genuine in the same way that Kamala's is.
Hell, he's actually MORE popular than Kamala,

Now for characters like Sam Nova or Carol or this new Ironheart or whatever the hell they're calling her, your point stands.
>>
>>85686410
Your point would be valid if those books weren't selling
>>
>>85673613
I like the character but Marvel seriously needs to give Peter a rest and let writers other than Bendis guide the character if they're truly serious about making Miles sustainable
>>
>>85675611
A wiki says he was called Kid Arachnid in Season 4.
>>
>>85673637
This. Sucks ultimate Peter had to "die" when he did but Miles replace ultimate Peter well. The uncle Aaron and Roxane experiment arc are amount my favorites.
>>
Boring nigger.
>>
>>85675611
>Bendis is so fucking decompressed that the dust hasn't settled.
sensible_chuckle.gif
>>
>>85675777
I don't even know what kind of point you're trying to make here.
>>
>>85682438
>Why can DC have multiple Flashes coexist without vying for the "true" title?
After Barry came back they sure seemed to be doing their best to pretend that the others didn't exist.
>>
>>85673613
He sucks, boring, unoriginal, and seems kinda off in 616. Having multiple Spider-Men is just weird.
>>
>>85673613

Good luck getting him away from Bendis. Which are the only times he's enjoyable.
>>
>>85674254
>See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil. The mouse can do nothing wrong!
>>
>>85675358
I now envision Bendis slouched over a computer, angrily slamming his fingers on the keys.

>FINE! If I can't kill your husbando I'll kill your waifu!
>>
>>85673613
I like Miles and most of his supporting cast. But if there ever was a need for a character to have a fresh origin story retcon it's him.

He's got the harem like Pete, he just needs
>More OC villains
Having Bombshell go rogue again and be Miles' Black Cat would be nice
>A new setting
I'm sick of NYC for spidey stories. Unfortunately for Marvel it's a vicious cycle. All the heroes are in NYC so all the shit goes down in NYC so we have to put more heroes in NYC so that they can cross over easy and they're close to the action. But damn put my boy up in Chicago or Philly or some shit. What Marvel heroes are in Philly?
>>
>>85689019
Kid Arachnid is a much better name for Miles.
>>
>>85674406
Well that sounded natural
>>
>>85673613
Okay guys, everyone guess how long till he gets killed off.
>>
>>85689482
Kid Arachnid is an awful name
>>
>>85689576
Because Spider-Man is /so/ much better. It made sense when he was in the Ultimate universe and he was the only one, but now he's in 616, just switch the name to something else already.
>>
>>85689443
>What Marvel heroes are in Philly
Agent Venom was there for a bit
>>
>>85673613
Mary Sue
>>
>>85673665
>where are any stories that challenge him
You're serious, right? What part of standing up and fight his uncle was easy? Joining a war he didn't have any stakes in and getting btfo out and stranded in the desert? Having a villain track him back to his apartment and fighting it outside resulting in his father going to the hospital and getting his mother killed? What part of coming clean to the two most important people in Miles life about his secret and having them both abandon him was easy street? And to top it all off, losing your universe? Not even Parker had that type of bad luck.

> why haven't we seen any of his supporting cast flourish
Ganke, Bombshell, Jefferson, Cloak and Dagger are all part of Miles' cast and have been fantastic supports. In fact most of them are still alive carried over after the universe exploded. Bombshell is going to being in another comic.

>>85674191
>Does he have an identity besides being black?
Getting tired of this and all the memesters who can't even provide examples from the comics.
>>
>>85674575
What do you smoke and where do I get some?
>>
i like him but i wish the faggot ass venom zap thing would go and stay go.

why is like every black superhero an Electronegro?
>>
>>85689633
Mary Sue does not mean 'character I hate',you know.
>>
>>85689274
>having multiple Spider-Men is just weird
>says this after the twentieth spider person comes out
Found the parrot.
>>
>>85689693
Isn't Ganke the only one of those characters that were introduced in Miles' book? Also

>Getting tired of this and all the memesters who can't even provide examples from the comics.

Wouldn't the fact that they have no examples to point to in the comics of this support their point?
>>
>>85689763
>Implying I like the other spider people.

You're mighty full of assumptions. There should be a mass genocide of spider people. The only ones that should live is Peter and Kaine. Miguel too, but he just stays in 2099 except during major events.
>>
>Ultimate Jess
>Ultimate Katie
>Bombshell
>Kamala
>Spider Gwen
>Gwenpool
People just mad cause Miles been cucking their waifus.
>>
>>85689482
>Not Black Widower or Black Recluse
You get it, blacks tend to go to prision, in where they become recluses
>>
>>85673613
Venom blast is OP and boring, which kills the tension in fights.
>>
>>85689835
I'm fairly certain they form gangs in prison pretty much the opposite of becoming a recluse.

Or television has fed me nothing but lies.
>>
>>85689806
>muh edgy spiderman
You need to be at least 13 for this site I think.
>>
>>85689750
No, it means character with no defining character but for some reason is loved, respected and treated like the best thing ever by everybody. Plus have overpowered deus ex machina that allows him to beat everybody forever.

Also pretty annoying when people say how awesome and perfect and better than the original Spider-man he's at least once in ever issue.

Didn't read him after Ultimate, so they might have improved that, though from what I heard it didn't.
>>
>>85689835
That only works in Spanish, Portuguese and Italian.

For the rest: one of the definitions of recluso in those languages is immate.
>>
>>85689832
Ultimate Jess was a lesbian
>>
>>85689832
>Implying any of those characters are actually good besides Kamala

>Implying I didn't hate him before the shipping cancer.

Nah, I'm mad because he's shit and Bendis is a hack.
>>
Question, if Ulysses has a vision of Spider-man killing lots of people, would they go immediately after Peter? goind after Miles would be racist.
>>
>>85689766
>Isn't Ganke the only one of those characters that were introduced in Miles' book?
No.

>saying something with no examples means they're right
Well then Miles Morales is going to be the next leader and header of 616 and top seller in the next five to ten years.
>>
>>85673613

Shit force pandering character
>>
>>85689972
>I'm mad and Bendis
Ahh the life of a memesiter.
>>
File: 8844.jpg (1006KB, 2560x1953px) Image search: [Google]
8844.jpg
1006KB, 2560x1953px
>>85674575
>>85675839
>>85689716
He's a retard that likes to pretend he reads comics when he just randomly assigns shit he's heard to screenshots he's seen.
>>
>>85689900
I never read Ultimates, but from what I've seen from current comics Miles does not get much praise.

Being overpowered does not make a character a Sue.

I don't understand the hate for him.He's not annoying or obnoxious and does not seem to have a personality. Writers are playing it too safe with him.
>>
>>85673613
Hated him for a long time then eventually forgot about ultimate Peter. Then they brought Peter back and I got excited then he hasn't been seen since and all I've wanted is to see ultimate Peter and him team up... I hope he is around somewhere though
>>
>>85689897
>He says while non ironically supporting Miles.

Don't you have school tomorrow anon?
>>
File: Peterfags.png (191KB, 959x880px) Image search: [Google]
Peterfags.png
191KB, 959x880px
Peterfags will never accept Miles, not that he's a character without faults cause he has a shitton.
It's just better not to argue with Peterfags who think his biggest fault is existing.
>>
>>85675991
1. You do know they set up Peter getting trained to move on to bigger things to make his death more impactful?

2. They split the difference with the tv show so you still get to see ultimate Peter get trained anyway and go on to lead a team and even Shield.
>>
>>85673613
where da character development at?
>>
>>85690172
>I never read Ultimates, but from what I've seen from current comics Miles does not get much praise.
Seriously. The most that Miles usually gets is "you're a good kid, son."
I don't see how that's the same as how Carol magically became super important and revered in-universe out of the fucking ether.
>>
>>85690246
>1. You do know they set up Peter getting trained to move on to bigger things to make his death more impactful?
They set up Peter getting trained to move on to bigger things because that was Bendis's original plan for the character before Editorial decided to run with Millar's idea to kill him off.
>>
>>85689900
>Also pretty annoying when people say how awesome and perfect and better than the original Spider-man he's at least once in ever issue.

Are we reading the same thing? Because nobody tells him that at all. If anything, he is super self conscious because he doesn't feel able to carry neither Peter's legacy.
>>
>>85690193
>just proving the point more
I think you know the way back to that family safe site.
>>>/out/
>>
>>85690072
That's a false equivalent and you know it. The thing you said can be proved with a simple article or quote from head of Marvel. Miles being a boring emotionless character is something that spans throughout his entire series. Essentially you're asking the anon to storytime.
>>
>>85689176
He was kinda being blunt about it. How could you miss the point? It might be time for you to be screened for autism.
>>
>>85690336
>He things /co/ is edgy and not family safe.

Wow, you really are underage.
>>
>>85690317
Do you have a timeline for when this decision came down?
>>
>>85690238
If I remember what poll this is in reference to, they were asking who people's favourite Spider-man was
Of course Pete wins, but if you want to exclude him you'd be better off asking who people's favourite non-Pete spider-man is because not including him would be weird. Like making a Spider-man video-game with no mention of Parker, it's bound to get odd looks
>>
>>85689900
When has that ever happened?
His inexperience is hyper-played up.
>>
>>85690393
>no you are
*sigh*
>>
>>85690328
>If anything, he is super self conscious because he doesn't feel able to carry neither Peter's legacy.
You're refering specifically to Ultimate Miles, right?
Because this new Miles doesn't seem that way at all also, what legacy? Pete's still alive.
>>
>>85690433
>*sigh*

Oh this too good.
>>
>>85689900
>No, it means character with no defining character but for some reason is loved, respected and treated like the best thing ever by everybody. Plus have overpowered deus ex machina that allows him to beat everybody forever.
That's pretty much ever heavy promoted character that's been pushed in comics. At least until the sales become bad. *cough*Sam*cough
>>
>>85690433
>*sigh*
Dude, when you think someone's being a faggot, the proper response isn't to be a bigger faggot, it's to stop giving him (you)s
>>
>>85690280
Carol got revamped because Marvel is giving her a push.

I don't know much about her character but it seems like she was an asshole who tried to become a better person for her sidekick who idolizes her.
>>
>>85690433
>Sigh

Please kill yourself.
>>
>>85690470
Not that anon but the whole legacy thing was settled once Peter and Norman came back. Probably why he's not self conscious about it anymore and can move on to waifu action.
>>
>>85690470

I haven't finished reading Secret Wars, but 616!Miles and 1610!Miles are the same person, arent they?

Also, yes, Peter is still alive, but Miles still carries the Spider-Manname, and the responsibilities for New York
>>
>>85690565
>the whole legacy thing was settled once Peter and Norman came back

Not the same dude, but I really like pretending that didn'r happen at all. It was stupid, went nowhere, Peter and Norman's immortality was never explained and it ruined Peter's death.

God, I used to love Bendis on USM, but this arc made me hate the guy holy shit.
>>
>>85690594
616 New York is already flooded with heroes but then I guess Miles wouldn't get to interact with Kamala, Sam or Peter.
>>
>>85690641
But now Bendis has an excuse to say "Oh, and Miles is immortal too"

>>85690594
If I remember right, Molecule Man integrated Miles into the new 616 making it so he'd always been there. Which means he has no backstory because there's too many elements missing

Also, the Reeds didn't remake the ultimate universe because they're dicks. I can't remember any other reason for them not doing so.
>>
File: IMG_1188.jpg (44KB, 615x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1188.jpg
44KB, 615x450px
>>85690594
Pretty sure it's heavily implied all the main players remember Secret Wars.
Bendis confirmed Miles remembers, we just got confirmation that Black Panther remembers.
>>
>>85690641
>Peter and Norman's immortality was never explained and it ruined Peter's death.
Yeah it was stupid and ultimate Peter came off like a jerk. But by then I guess it was decided to end the ultimate universe and Bendis or whoever wanted to do this one last thing.
>>
>>85690721
But I'm pretty sure Peter doesn't remember. That's why he bought the Baxter Building.
>>
File: Secret Wars #9 (2016) - Page 30.jpg (679KB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Secret Wars #9 (2016) - Page 30.jpg
679KB, 1988x3056px
>>85690773
Isn't it implied he remembers when he tells Johnny that Reed and Sue will be back?
>>
>>85690831
I thought it was suppose to be Peter being reassuring since no bodies were found.

>I'm sure they're wrong about the deaths, they'll be back here before you know it.

Type deal.
>>
>>85690773
Doubt Peter would be mentoring Miles if that crossover connection was gone. Not like Miles is the only spider person or kid one at that. Plus it could as be Peter knows who 616 Miles is and is legitimately afraid and is just making sure ultimate Miles doesn't go awol..
>>
>>85690909
Nah, it's established in the Miles book that as far as Peter is concerned he met Miles while fighting giant robots. The only reason why he was willing to mentor is because Miles was polite enough to ask.
>>
Can we all agree at least that Miles' universe dying and him being one of last survivors should be milked of every last traumatic drop with post traumatic benefits?
>>
>>85690423
Didn't he two shot some guy who took out the Avengers?
>>
>>85691026
Mother fucking Blackheart.
>>
>>85691019
Yes, this seems to be the only thing we can universally agree on in this site. Bringing him to 616 was a mistake.
>>
>>85690985
Wasn't Parker's life screwed up even before the company and the Ock body stuff? Where would he even get the time? Guy can't even play ball without getting into a superhero fight with a rival company.
>>
File: 1442231524047.jpg (3MB, 3975x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1442231524047.jpg
3MB, 3975x3056px
>>85691026
>>
>>85691052
Blackheart just got really annoyed and left. He had just fought the Ultimates.
>>
>>85691107
>more than two

I must apologize. This seems balanced.
>>
>>85691081
Also agree that Kamala is better for Miles than Sam. Poor guy deserves something waaay different.
>>
>>85691100
Both Bendis and Slott seem to believe that running a company is like being part of a club.

>LOL, naw, it's okay dude. I'm just gonna blow this important meeting to go hang out with my friends.

It honestly pisses me off, Peter should go back to being a teacher or become the CEO of the Daily Bugle.
>>
File: 1464322997356.jpg (3MB, 3578x2750px) Image search: [Google]
1464322997356.jpg
3MB, 3578x2750px
>>85691177
>>
>>85691212
That's probably the second most controversial thing we discus, the first being just how shit Miles is.
>>
>>85691212
Sam and Miles go together like ocelots and quantum physics
>>
File: pichellisara.jpg (376KB, 729x1024px) Image search: [Google]
pichellisara.jpg
376KB, 729x1024px
>>85691026
Sure, and it was shitty writing. I'm almost positive that Pichelli just wanted to draw another tentacle monster because it's her fetish and Bendis just copy pasted exactly what he would have done if it had been Electro.

Hardly loans any credibility to the Poochie or Mary-Sue claim though when there's many more instances of him fucking up.
>>
I like him.

If they ever decide to have Peter retire, he or Ben Riley would be a worthy successor.
>>
>>85673613
Bland. Very, very bland.

I was bummed, because the idea of an alternate universe where Peter died and a random stranger took the mantle sounds, then having to fight new villains and Pete's (some of the biggest villains in comics) sounds great. But so much of Miles is just relating him back to Peter instead of making him his own thing.
>>
>>85691985
Merging the Incursions story arc (in addition to being a fucking stupid concept) and bringing Miles and the rest of the Ultimates to 616 made no sense. At least in the far future or alternate universes, characters like Miles have a chance to do their own thing. But nope, now he exists alongside another Peter
>>
>>85673613
When well writed (civil AND costumed), he's actually a better way to showcase an teenage spider-man than always rewrite Peter's first steps as spidey.

I like Miles, he have had an interesting supporting and a nice power set.

His only problem is that he's well writed as Miles, but horribly writed as spider-man.
Thread posts: 222
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.