[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone share that image of Brevoort tweeting that if all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

File: tom-brevoort-twitter-omd.jpg (164KB, 540x335px) Image search: [Google]
tom-brevoort-twitter-omd.jpg
164KB, 540x335px
Can anyone share that image of Brevoort tweeting that if all the people who're bitching about the lack of FF bought it when it was out, there'd still be an FF book?
>>
>>85671253
https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/85345020/
>>
>>85671253
look i hate OMD as as much as the next guy but undoing it at this point is going to shit things up even worse
>>
>>85672131
But isn't "Renew Your Vows" essentially Marvel's version of "Superman: Lois and Clark"?
>>
>>85672131
I don't want the marriage brought back or for everybody to remember his secret identity, I just want Aunt May dead and for Peter to go rescue the soul of his daughter that Mephisto has thanks to him
>>
File: Mephisto.jpg (3MB, 1983x5112px) Image search: [Google]
Mephisto.jpg
3MB, 1983x5112px
Didn't Mephisto already tell Peter about all this when Deadpool killed him?
>>
But I really like OMD. Enola Gay and Maid of Orleans are great tunes.
>>
>>85672131
Would it really? Things are pretty shit, the only real issue is it probably wouldn't make things better.
>>
OMD cannot be undone. Even if they announced that it wasn't canon and effectively never happened, we'd all still remember. Those of us with the issues will still have them. OMD is there. Forever.
>>
>>85672863
Dazzle Ships got a bum deal.
>>
>>85672968
Why on earth would you have the issues? Throw that trash away, my nigga
>>
>>85672168
Yes, except it won't be on main Earth.
>>
>>85672765
This is both hilarious and sad.
>>
File: 1470854849918.jpg (39KB, 596x329px) Image search: [Google]
1470854849918.jpg
39KB, 596x329px
>>85671253
>>
>>85674556
he's like pure negative publicity
I'm surprised they let him keep his twitter and that dumb formspring
>>
File: 1468439614921.jpg (356KB, 1119x2056px) Image search: [Google]
1468439614921.jpg
356KB, 1119x2056px
>>85674578
>>
>>85674578
I just think it's funny he's still trying to claim OMD was a necessity. We got, what, a bunch of inane love interests, a love interest who's better off with Ock than Peter, and Black Cat regression as a result?
>>
>>85674611
I didn't get that at all, especially shalvey saying something about creators doing it on their own terms
the booklet was coming out like 10 hours after the spoiler anyway
>>
>>85674648
I kinda get it, in the sense that everyone was sworn to secrecy and it seemed like Rich let the cat out of the bag early. So I could understand someone like Shalvey getting upset, or even Brevoort.

But then they announce the Hulk's death in Civil War II and I lose sympathy for people in charge of Marvel.
>>
>>85674700
they should've just done them all digitally then
same happened with the ANAD line up in exactly the same way so it's not like they didn't know
>>
>>85674578
>>85674556
He's right though. FF was their lowest selling book habitually for overhalf a decade.
>>
>>85674783
>FF was their lowest selling book habitually for overhalf a decade.

Not while Captain Marvel or the Inhumans books exists.
>>
>>85671253
How do y'all like the taste of those dropping sales btw, brevoort? Does this medicine taste good? Feeling the good burn? Think it will make Marvel finally better again? Taking it all like a little bitch?
>>
>>85675169
There's still an idea that movie popularity will translate into comic book sales. It's been close to a decade and this hasn't happened.
>>
Marvel made the ultimate monkey paw deal
Quainity of cash
In exchange they lose quality
>>
>>85674783
>He's right though. FF was their lowest selling book habitually for overhalf a decade.

Either you're a Marvel shill doing damage control (poorly) or you've blindly accepted the Marvel explanation without actually looking up sales yourself.

http://www.comicsbeat.com/marvel-month-to-month-sales-september-2012/

2012 was a year where Fantastiic Four outsold Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Thor and X-Men v3, so it sure as hell wasn't habitually their lowest selling book for "overhalf a decade".
>>
>>85675169
If anything their comic sales have gone worse. They've gotten so lazy and complacent because the MCU was such a huge success they figured they can churn out shit and it will sell. It's backfiring gloriously.
>>
>>85675262
Marvel does not promote books based on quality or sales. They sell outrage, movie tie in bullshit, and SJW friendly garbage. They have like 3 decent books
>>
>>85674783
This is the bullshit propaganda that pisses me off. FF was selling like an average comic that was not propped up by X-men or Spidey and at the time it was selling higher than the books Marvel desperately wanted to keep like inhumans or captain marvel.

Hell Carols shitty series constantly sold the lowest, much much lower than FF. Yet they keep trying to push her up and not the one comicbook that started the marvel universe.

Alonso and Marvel are hacks. Just tell us the real reason is because of Perlmutter.
>>
>>85675239
>>85675630
Now don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Peter getting his secret identity back or Aunt May being alive, and BND had decent stuff, surprisingly. It's the stupid storylines that led to OMD and OMD itself, plus Marvel's "LOL I TROLL U" policy that were shit to begin with. And the faggots didn't even take the chance to make it clear Peter didn't have traces of The Other anymore.
>>
>>85672863
what about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPmTGFg06zA
>>
File: Fedora - Marvel Editor.jpg (201KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fedora - Marvel Editor.jpg
201KB, 1920x1080px
>>85671253

What is this fucker's position at Marvel exactly?

I just went on his twitter then his tumblr to see if perhaps /co/ was cherry picking particular comments he has made, and I was actually kind of shocked to find out they weren't.

Serious, some random on tumblr asked him if 616 Wolverine was going to be coming back any time soon. I imagine the person used 616 Wolverine to differentiate proper Logan Wolverine from X-23 and Old Man Logan.

His answer in it's entirety was: "616 doesn't exist any more so it isn't possible".

What a fucking douche bag.
>>
>>85675843
it's funny when half the writers still use 616 and he starts losing his shit about that being a mistake
>>
>>85675843
Did Marvel pull a Crisis on Infinite Earths thing or what? Haven't had much exposure to their stuff from the past couple of years.
>>
File: Wolverine - Esad T Kibic - 04.jpg (435KB, 608x800px) Image search: [Google]
Wolverine - Esad T Kibic - 04.jpg
435KB, 608x800px
>>85675879

I think Secret Wars was meant to be something kind of like Crisis on Infinite Earths or something, but I didn't actually read it as I haven't been reading Marvel since the first Civil War so I wouldn't know exactly.
>>
>>85671253
They'll put it out soon enough. Can't really cancel and forget one of the teams that launched the entire bloody thing.
>>
>>85675879
Basically the remaining universes collided, and eventually became the current universe after Battleworld.

So the New Current Universe is mostly just 616, with some characters from other universes (Old Man Logan, Miles Morales, Ultimate Reed aka the Maker)
>>
File: 1465420646819.gif (3MB, 700x285px) Image search: [Google]
1465420646819.gif
3MB, 700x285px
>>85675843
>it's a Brevoort is still butthurt everyone but him uses the 616 tag episode
>>
>>85675843
He is such a fucking faggot. I wish Bendis, Brevoort, Dan Slott and Dennis fucking hopeless were all burning alive right now
>>
>>85675898
It gave no clear indicators of any continuity changes and no continuity changes bigger than the kind Marvel does with no justification have happened since
>>
>>85675898
the only thing it did was destroy the ultimate universe
but since the multiverse was destroyed briefly they've left the road open to blame all their continuity errors and retcons on secret wars
>>
>>85675254
Marvel has been lacking quality since the 80's.
>>
>>85675984
Add Joey Q
>>
>>85675713
>Just tell us the real reason is because of Perlmutter.
It is almost assuredly in their contracts that they can't. In fact, I'd wager that they aren't even allowed to speak his name without his explicit approval.
>>
The problem with OMD is that the damage has already been done.

I was a HUGE Spider-Man fan with a substantial collection and I gave up on the character and Marvel thanks to that event. I literally gave away the lion's share of my collection to a friends brother and sold the rest to my LCS. It actually led me to rediscovering my love for Batman and DC.

Even if they undo the deal with Mephisto, I'm not sure I would come back. Especially with how terribly handled Marvel is now a days.
>>
>>85675843
Would anyone notice difference if we swapped Brevoort with Dobson?
>>
>>85674100
Just like your life.
>>
>>85674783
>FF was their lowest selling book habitually for overhalf a decade.
The book was selling the lowest IT had been selling in over a decade, but it was still nowhere near cancellation numbers.
>>
>>85675879
They basically did. Though it was mainly an excuse to incorporate other universe characters that are popular into 616 and finally kill off those other universes. (aka ending the Ultimate line)

Effectively the current post Battleworld universe is basically still 616, despite some writers who get angry when people still call it 616.

At the moment, history appears to be the same. IMO Marvel erred on this part. It should have been a continuity polish ala Zero Hour.
>>
>>85674644
>and Black Cat regression as a result
I wonder was that planned because female heroes (Silk) fight only female villains.
>>
>>85677852
>history appears to be the same
>ala Zero Hour

I don't know about this. Their have been a couple vague references dropped in a few books that imply things aren't entirely the same.

I just don't think any writers have gotten to anything that would directly show the past being different, yet.
>>
>>85677807
It's not worth it.
Basically, Slott is going to continue writing ASM for as long as humanly possible so Bendis doesn't take over and replace Peter with Miles. Things can only get worse.
>>
>>85677885
>Their have been a couple vague references dropped in a few books that imply things aren't entirely the same.
Like what?
>>
>>85677807

I can sympathise, I'm a Mayday fan and OMD literally destroyed any hope of her being a thing in future 616, and she's been misused in Spiderverse. That said, why would you sell/give away your entire collection, you big dummy? Good comics are still good, even if you don't like what comes after.
>>
>>85677905
>why would you sell/give away your entire collection, you big dummy? Good comics are still good, even if you don't like what comes after.

OP here. I actually realized this a few years later and re-bought a few trades of some old dear to me stores.

I guess I did it because I was just so soured by Marvel in general I didn't want anything to do with them.

P.S. Also a big Mayday fan (I kept every issue of both Spider-Girl and Amazing Spider-girl because it's still one of my favorite comic runs of all time. It needs to get a full trade reprint BADLY)
>>
>>85675898
It was in fact supposed to be a soft reboot, at least that's how Remender described post Secret Wars continuity. But I don't know if they got scared or thought they didn't need to do that in the first place.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.