[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has this movie generally been accepted to be a complete

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

File: avengers.png (885KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
avengers.png
885KB, 1280x720px
Has this movie generally been accepted to be a complete piece of shit yet?
>>
File: Avengers setnewfull8.jpg (225KB, 817x1222px) Image search: [Google]
Avengers setnewfull8.jpg
225KB, 817x1222px
Think about how many people this had to go through without being questioned or stopped...
>>
>>85666886
Yeah, I think so. It's not really that huge as I thought, nor well written.

It's more like a fanfilm in how the script was made.
>>
>>85666886
It's not a complete piece of shit, but it's definitely overrated.

I'm sure this isn't a popular opinion, but I actually think AoU is better, tbqh fammo.
>>
>>85666886
No, I think it's a great movie.
>>
The genius of the MCU is that when you stop and think about their latest forgettable, run-of-the-mill blockbuster, two new ones have already been released, and you have to move on.
>>
Most people like it, so /co/ hates it.
>>
If you hate it, then you hate it. That's your deal. But you aren't going to make other people hate it by posting about it.
>>
>>85667043
AoU arguably doesn't have as slow of a 2nd act as the first did. The helicarrier scenes and technobabble were a drag but everyone looks past that because of the spectacle that is the 3rd act.

I'd say AoU is at least more consistent even if it's overstuffed with quips and the villain was non-threatening among other things.

I do think people are too easy on the first Avengers movie though. Watched it again and I was pretty bored. Kinda surprised it didn't hold up for me.

I think Guardians, Ant Man, Cap 2 & civil war hold up to repeat viewings a lot better than any other MCU films.

Also people shit on DC but I never seem to get bored with watching MoS or BvS extended cut (theatrical cut sucked) over and over again.
>>
>>85666886
Go away /tv/
>>
>>85667314
AoU had the problem of undercutting its tension constantly either through poorly timed humor or inconsistent portrayals of Ultron's ability as a villain. The Avengers has the problem of being boring on its second viewing; AoU has the problem of being boring on its first.

Guardians doesn't hold up as well on its second viewing because you'll notice the incredibly rushed pacing and the lack of reason as to why Quill and Yontu were after the Orb in the first place. Still pretty good.
>>
>>85666886
it was fun
>>
>>85667228
/co/ isnt contrarian, this is by far one of the most mainstream pleb boards in 4chan.

There's a reason this board is low tier.
>>
It's like the exact formula of BIG SUMMER ACTION BLOCKBUSTER just with marvel characters
It's not a good movie but it's not like offensively bad, just generic mediocrity
>>
>>85667692
>/co/ isnt contrarian

bwahahahahaha
>>
>>85667043
AoU is better, but that's less because AoU is a decent movie and more because this movie is just really bad.

That said, comparing my first viewings of Avengers vs AoU, I liked Avengers better because of the hype factor. That's it
>>
>>85667645
Yeah I think Guardians suffers I tiny bit of what the Avengers had being a team picture too, but the imaginative settings, humour and weird characters save it mostly.

I still think marvel haven't perfected their formula yet (this isn't their final form), AoU made it clear they could go a bit far in places when they tweaked it. It'll be interesting to see if Dr. Strange & Black Panther hold up next to the Russo's work.

I don't have much faith in Spider-Man desu. Nothing against Tom Holland but it just doesn't have me as interested as the others considering we've had a lot of Spidey exposure already in the last 20 years. Same with afflecks Batman solo, more interested in the slightly obscurer properties.
>>
>>85666886
>>>/tv/
>>
>>85667818
you can't spell it without us
>>
>>85667878
The fact that everyone is nerfed from their comic portrayals to an even level helps a lot. But yeah, AoU was just so bland and unimaginative.
>>
>>85668054
AoU didn't do anything better than Avengers, which was a spectacle at least
>>
>>85667228
/thread

anyways, I absolutely love this movie
this was the movie I wanted as a kid, and I had never seen a movie like it before
>>
I think everyone can admit it didn't age well.
>>
>>85666886
Nope. It's a great movie that still holds up to this day.
>>
The reality is that Joss Whedon just isn't a very good filmmaker. As a writer you can debate his pros and cons but on the visual end he's just trash.

The opening sequence with Loki stealing the cube and the ensuing pickup truck chase was particularly wodden
>>
>>85666886
Both Avengers movies are really more about the spectacle than anything else. The first is just better than AoU because the first was original and had a few great moments that we'd wanted to see on film, while AoU was the same shit again (Avengers vs. an army of goons while distrusting each other).

Hopefully a new director/writer will shake things up, not to mention finally getting to the fireworks factory.
>>
File: BzS.jpg (1MB, 1400x1338px) Image search: [Google]
BzS.jpg
1MB, 1400x1338px
OP seems upset.
>>
I don't think anyone went into this movie for the cinematic value.
>>
>>85666886

Hulk smashing and Cap rescueing those people in the train station were literally the only parts I actually enjoyed.
>>
File: Laughing Reaper.gif (1MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Reaper.gif
1MB, 360x270px
>>85669284
Lex in the Snoipah suit.
>>
>>85667692
>There's a reason this board is low tier.
>/co/ isn't contrarian
so you just blatantly equate being contrarian to having good taste? lmao
>>
>>85667228
>>85667692
>>85667818
Wish this were true so I could have better discussion about BvS. Go ahead and start a BvS thread and watch the hater casuals get mad.
>>
>>85668805
>Didn't age well
Dude, it's only four years old
>>
>>85669144
DUDE what if the Avengers didn't fight a bunch of goons but instead fought...each other?! Wouldn't that be genius?
>>
It's not now, nor will ever be, considered a piece of shit.

Just because it's not exactly art doesn't make it bad. It's always going to be remembered as a landmark in fun summer blockbuster cinema.
>>
I think it just needs to be accepted the movie it is.
If it wasn't what it was i.e. the culmination of several movies into a crossover, it'd just be a very mediocre blockbuster like Transformers. Which is the only reason why I consider it better than AoE which is just a transformers tier blockbuster.
>>
>>85666886
it's gonna be so weird seeing that tiny Hulk in twenty years when making him the size of a small kaiju is the norm
>>
>>85670482
This, Avengers caused in people the same sort of hype people must have felt with Empire Strikes Back or how I remember feeling with Two Towers , it just had god tier momentum and surprised people who were already struck with such a new, weird situation.

This sort of momentum is very hard to build, but once built, very hard to fuck up (see: how much the prequels made)
>>
File: Batman - Drama Face.png (29KB, 120x130px) Image search: [Google]
Batman - Drama Face.png
29KB, 120x130px
>>85670402

Agreed. The people who post in BvS threads both pro and against are awful.

90% of the posts are

>capekino
or
>27%

That's it.
>>
>>85667878
It'll be interesting to see what Marvel does after Thanos is toast. Their formula will go stale sooner or later. Bubbles don't last forever.
>>
>>85667228
Oh, fuck off.
>>
>>85670707
Maybe it's 27% capekino.
>>
>>85670707
The only people here who "defend" Snyder's movies do it to troll. It's not hard to tell, since they'll use the word "kino", a word that no one has ever used unironically.

The most unironic defense you'll find here is something like "it obviously has it's issues but it's not as bad as people will make it out to be".
>>
>>85670731
Oh yeah because Thanos has been such a huge part of Marvel movies so far. What will they do without him?
>>
>>85671100
>people can't possibly have this opinion!
>it must be a troll!

Fresh out of tumblr? I unironically believe that BvS is a 10/10.
>>
I don't think so. Because it's not.

It's not really that rewatchable, I'll give you that. But the first time I've seen it, it was glorious.

What makes you think that time would make it shit, OP?
>>
>>85671100

I share this poster's views>>85671167

It's legitimately my favorite Superhero film.

But I don't use "capekino" in my defense of it.
>>
>>85671472

Not the OP. But I would give Avengers about a 9/10 if Tony Stark had actually sacrificed his life at the end of it to stop the invasion.

Throughout the movie it there's a message pushed about how to really be a hero you have to be willing to die for what's right. If Iron Man had actually made that sacrifice I think it would have been WAY better.

Also, it's a superhero movie. They can resurrect Tony later on.
>>
>>85671500
>But I don't use "capekino" in my defense of it.

Definitely. Though, I do think it sound funny. I find the movie to be exciting and interesting, with a lot of subtleties that people might miss. I like noticing small actions, pieces of dialogue, and visual things. Snyder loves adding little things, and I appreciate him for it.
>>
>>85666886
it was an interesting experiment, and it was nice to see Marvel's big plan of a shared universe finally make it to it's climax in an Avengers movie.

but that said, the Avengers movie itself was kind of bland. its got some good character interactions but its got some dumb ones too. its sort of too big, too. that final fight was just overwhelming. it was actually tiring. The quips dont really stand up, and Scarlett Johanson is arguably the weakest actor there. she particularly doesnt hold up well.

IMO I liked the MCU better in it's infancy, back when it was just Iron Man. that is a movie that holds up well.

The DVD itself however, does not. I rewatched it recently, and MAN the video quality is some serious ass.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.