[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DC comics reboots

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: dc reboot.jpg (905KB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
dc reboot.jpg
905KB, 900x1350px
Here's a question, why does DC keep rebooting without really commiting to the reboots? Why would anyone decide to start with a clean slate just to put half the shit back on the slate right away?
>>
they've only rebooted twice
>>
>>85652444

They have only rebooted twice in over 75 years
>>
>>85652444
they never rebooted anything

1985 crisis was undone
hour zero wasn't a reboot
flashpoint wasn't a reboot

seriously people you should read comics or at least red comics for at least 2 years in a row.
>>
>>85652576

Exactly.
Why don't people diss Marvel's sliding timeline bullshit?
>>
>>85652444
Because DC has too many characters tied to other ones, so if they actually restarted things from zero they'd lose too many characters, which is why the reboots never go all the way through. You can't have a Robin, Nightwing or Batgirl when Batman is just starting.
>>
>>85652444
>Why would anyone decide to start with a clean slate just to put half the shit back on the slate right away?
Because it became clear that people did not want the clean slate.
>>
File: 1396997885875.jpg (1MB, 3875x3950px) Image search: [Google]
1396997885875.jpg
1MB, 3875x3950px
DC has only done a couple of big reboots every however many years to hit the reset button or start fresh. I can see how it can be a little weird for really long-time readers but it's not that bad.

Marvel, on the other hand, do 'soft reboots' every fucking year now and it's goddamn infuriating. They pull a whole 'THIS IS THE NEW STATUS QUO! BIG CHANGES OMG WOW MARVEL NOW' and I cannot fucking stand it. They give themselves no time to work on the premises or characters or runs they set up because they're constantly being changed up because of some dumb marketing ploy to have as many issue #1's as possible for sales.

It's why Miles Morales has had such a weird, difficult time finding his feet as a character, because every time his story starts going somewhere he's interrupted by some fucking event tie-in or issue 1 relaunch.
>>
>>85652619
Flashpoint was most definitely a reboot. It was almost a complete hard reboot but they couldn't commit on GL and Batman.
>>
>>85652444
Rebirth isn't a reboot, it's just a slight deboot.
>>
>>85652619
Flashpoint is definitely a reboot, they just didn't want to commit to it.
>>
File: Gold Drive.png (412KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
Gold Drive.png
412KB, 704x396px
Rebirth is not a reboot, some would say it's the Reverse
>>
>>85654335
A system recovery?
>>
>>85655360
Kinda
>>
I've honestly never understood why people dislike DC's very few reboots, compared to Marvel's constant retconning, timeshifting, etc.

The reboots are a smart way of saying, "Everything within this period of time happened. And now we're closing the book on it. You can go back and read these stories, with the knowledge that they all fit together." Having everything always be debatable, always able to be retconned out of existence/relevance, etc. is just bullshit.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.