[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your favourite artist on your favourite titles?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

So what are your favourtie artists on your favourite titles /co/?

>Batman
Norm Breyfogle easily, especially his work in the late 80's - early 90's.
Greg Capullo. The best part of Snyder's run, easily, he's some kind of genius. Honourable mentions to Andy Kubert.

>Superman
Aaron Kuder and Frank Quietly. Not even joking.

>X-men
John Byrne. The Claremont/Byrne run has amazing art, Byrne also became better and better imo. I also really liked JRJR on X-men.

>The Flash
Francis Manapul. Do I need to explain why? His stuff on 'Tec is also amazing.

>Daredevil
Klaus Janson, JRJR and Frank Miller. Honourable mentions to Mazzucchelli. Also, Miller's run and Nocenti's run are some of the best comics ever made period

>Justice League
So many to choose from, but Jim Lee, Jason Fabok, Porter/Dell on JLA.

>Captain America
Addmitedly I haven't read much, but I like Hitch and Epting.
>>
File: aaron kuder supes.jpg (52KB, 495x751px) Image search: [Google]
aaron kuder supes.jpg
52KB, 495x751px
>>85652254
Bumping with Aaron Kuder's Supes.
>>
My favorite artists have always been the more simple and clean lined work. Stuf that looks almost like old Hannah Barbera animation.

Jack Kirby, Alex Toth, Bruce Timm, Darwyn Cook, Ty Templton, Michael Avon Oeming. In fact when I discovered Powers with tha simple Kirby meets Timm style I was blown away. Pretty much any artist that came in Batman Adventures, Justice Leauge Adventures alll those comics that came out of he animation.

Other than that, if your art is not going to be streamlined and simple it better be gorgeous as heck like Alex Ross, Frank Quietly, Gary Frank. So the artists that have a lot of painterly qualities or go for realism.

What I don't like are artists/inkers who go for that scratchy, pencil marks everywhere like Jim Lee and later Michael Turner .... but for some reason I like Talent Caldwell.

The artist I hate above all is JRjr. If Romita is on your book "fuck you."
>>
>>85652696
JRjr's art only works well nowadays with certain inker-colorist combinations.
>>
>>85652742
Does not work for me at all
>>
File: BreyfogleBatman-630x420.jpg (104KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
BreyfogleBatman-630x420.jpg
104KB, 630x420px
OP here, Breyfogle really is the shit.
>>
>>85652952
>what are All-Star Batman and TDKR Last Crusade
>>
>>85654101
Both were beautiful. JRJR is back at the top of his game.
>>
>>85652254
Ferreyra and Schmidt have been pretty GOAT on the GA rebirth book.
>>
>>85652254
>Not even joking.
Huh? They're both very good artists(well Quietly is GOAT) so I'm not sure what you're trying to imply.
>>
>>85652696
JrJr really understands composition, paneling and inks. His figures have a weight to them that many other artists don't know how to depict.

He really started phoning it in for nearly a decade straight, but he's been recapturing his old charm since his post-AvX work.

You should basically read his work pre-digital coloring, as it's all phenomenal.
>>
File: capullojoker.jpg (18KB, 236x410px) Image search: [Google]
capullojoker.jpg
18KB, 236x410px
>>85652254
I'v never really liked Capullo that much he draws a descent bats but most other characters I just cant get behind
>>
>>85652254
There are people who like Porter on JLA?
>>
>>85655052
I've seen a lot of hate for Quietly on the interwebs.
>>
>>85655052
> actually liking lumpy potato people

Some p shit taste there desu senpai
>>
File: detective_614_pg08.jpg (77KB, 460x576px) Image search: [Google]
detective_614_pg08.jpg
77KB, 460x576px
>>85652254
I miss how Batman used to be drawn before the late 90's or so. The pre-Jim Lee era, really. Everyone tries to make every batman shot into a cool shot, that no one really bothers to make him athletic anyone.

I loved how guys like Neal adams would make their Batman just jump around from pose to pose.The cape was used to emphasize movement, where as now its almost always clinging to him. Plus while they would draw him dark and mysterious, they didn't feel compelled to shadow him all the time. Guys like Neal adams, Don Newton, Marshall Rogers, Norm Breyfogle; there was a style to Batman's movements.

This is why I like Capullo, he's one of the first major bat artists in a while not feeling compelled to always have Batman rendered in a bunch of lines.
>>
>>85656312
You just explained why I love Capullo in a way I'd never have thought of.

And I completely agree with those artists.
>>
File: batman-by-neal-adams-980.jpg (179KB, 980x1422px) Image search: [Google]
batman-by-neal-adams-980.jpg
179KB, 980x1422px
You know, this batsuit would never work in live action. The colors would make Batman look really wonky. It's GOAT for comics though.
>>
>>85655091
>>85654101
Still does not work or me. Im 35, I remember when he was considerd good, still did nothing for me. I hate that he is at DC, qt least when he was at Marvel I didnt realy have go encounter his work since Im more of a DC guy.
>>
>Batman
Bolland, Miller, Mazzucchelli, Jones, McKean

>Hawkeye
Aja or fuck off

>Daredevil
Miller, Mazzucchelli

>Thor
Simonson, Ribic

>Wolverine
Barry Windsor-Smith, Leinil Yu

>Animal Man
Foreman

>Batwoman
J.H. Williams III

>Iron Fist
Aja, Albuquerque
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.