[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NEW DCEU Leaked Info

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 275
Thread images: 29

File: new gods.png (51KB, 841x315px) Image search: [Google]
new gods.png
51KB, 841x315px
Leaks from leddit
>>
Thanks for giving me new toilet paper, Leddit.
>>
The guy who directed Gravity directing a green lantern movie? Seems like a good fit
>>
>New God's
If this is true it's cool.

>TV shows
Reeeeeee you already have DC shows, pick some of those to tie in.
>>
>JJ Abrashit

oh god no
>>
>>85636030
>Jew Jew on Man of Steel 2
So it'll basically be a remake of Donner Superman? Then Man of Steel 3 will be a remake of Man of Steel 2?
>>
>>85636030
>three movies in 2020
Yea right
>>
>edgar wright
>jj abrams

it's like Reddit just vomited the names of people they know
>>
>>85636149

i mean JJ makes sense, dude has brought a lot of franchises back.

wright is nonsense
>>
File: acid.jpg (174KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
acid.jpg
174KB, 960x720px
>Shazam getting a solo movie before Batman

I have to call Bullshit on that one
>>
>George Miller directing New Gods movie

Will shit myself if this turns out to be true

>Batman 2019
Shit that is too long. I could be dead by then
>>
>abrams
>wright

kek
>>
>>85636116
>>85636125
>>85636149
Of the three, I would pick Doug Liman. Edge of Tomorrow was great
>>
>New Gods movie

hahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

stopped reading there
>>
>>85636030
All of this actually sounds bretty gud.

I just want Snyder and his influence gone, WB to quit fucking their movies up, and a soft reboot already.
>>
>>85636161
Did you miss Batman vs Superman?
>>
>>85636159
This is true JJ is the go to guy for this sort of shit. But the Perfect director would be Brad motherfucking Bird, teamed with a good screenplay/script and Brainiac as villain
>>
>>85636191
Why? It makes sense.
Darksied is coming. We need someone to set him up.
>>
>no hype for Sam Raimi Shazam
Itd be 10/10
>>
>>85636030
These I'm pretty sure are slightly modified shit that came from /tv/.
>>
>>85636159
Yeah but unless you count the MI sequel all he's done is made a carbon copy of one film and raped the other beyond recognition
>>
>>85636192
Also, forgot to mention: there's no guarantee any of this shit is true but I really hope it is.
>>
File: 1469061630875.jpg (15KB, 246x216px) Image search: [Google]
1469061630875.jpg
15KB, 246x216px
>Sam Raimi
>not retired
>>
>>85636030
I don't believe any of this shit. They don't have exact dates for movies 3+ year away.
That just doesn't happen. They have a year and a quarter at most. Not the month and day. Not this early.
Obviously fake.

Secondly, there are just too many movies.
After the underwhelming performances of both BvS and Skwad, WB would have shelved all their projects except for JL and WW.

Further projects are contingent on their success.
They're definitely not getting Oscar winning directors in line for a movie years and years away.
>>
>>85636264
>Bruce Campbell will never play the Big Red Cheese
>NEVER EVER

IT'S JUST NOT FAIR
>>
>>85636264
Sam Raimi Shazam would be so fitting, it'd be insane.
>>
>>85636113
>Wanting all that mess continuity
What are you gay?
>>
>>85636030
But I want MoS 2 by Snyder.

This is kino wtf, JJ Abrahams? THIS ISNT KINO AT ALL!!
>>
>>85636030
Get back to me when they cast Nicolas Cage as Bizarro.
>>
this sounds more like a wish list made by a fan.
>>
>>85636192
>JJ sounds good
>Believing Snyder takes all the decisions and not the fucking suits

If it was for Snyder we would have gotten a 4 hours cut of both MoS and BvS. Things that never happened, because guess what? He is not in charge.
>>
>>85636386
This. Only reason I'll ever watch it again will be if this happens.
>>
>>85636416
Wow, 4 hours of shit!
>>
>Alfonso Cuaron involving himself in capeshit
LMAO
>>
>>85636416
JJ isn't perfect but he'd be a hell of a lot better than Snyder. At least JJ knows how to make some fun movies with heart in them. Although Flyby did sound pretty fucking terrible.

Also >>85636438
>>
File: download.jpg (13KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
13KB, 183x275px
>>85636482
I mean
>>
Oh joy more terrible movies that will start more endless shitposting
>>
>>85636233
>We need someone to set him up.

The fuck? No, you don't.

Stop acting as if movies have never existed before. You could summarize and input Darkseid's history into a movie pretty easily -- or, you know, just not do it at all since it's not heavily tied to who he is as a character.

It's not as if New Gods would have ANYTHING going for it in terms of brand name, attached crew/cast, or even potential eye-catching storylines. It's gonna be space politics, *maybe* with a touch of trippy visuals. But no one is going to go see it, so why on earth would they waste time making it?
>>
>>85636532
And James Cameron directed Piranhas 2

Lots of directors have bad early movies.
>>
>>85636030
>JJ Abrams

Literally the only one who can save this universe and get critics and casuals to like it. Even if he is mediocre as fuck.
>>
>New Gods
Top kek

Never happening. Yeah, I get it, it's Kirby, so it has pedigree. It doesn't mean it isn't goofy as all fuck.
Space Mormons who can only be killed be literally a negro on skis and who fight people called "Granny Goodness" or Baron von Hitler Knockoff.

It's totally silly and if there was ever a movie adaptation, it'd have to be changed so much it wouldn't be recognisable as New Gods.
>>
>>85636030
Just when I thought I'd leave the garbage fire called the DCEU, they pull me back in.
>>
Jesus, who would want to watch a movie about the conflicts of aliens with superpowers where the good guy is the son of the bad guy and a mysterious "Source" controls everything?
>>
>>85636574
>Prisoner of Azkaban
>bad

Nigger, it's by far the best one.
>>
>>85636646
Sounds like Kino to me
>>
>Reddit makes threads whenever there's "leaks" on 4chan and always calls them bullshit
>they make threads and everyone there believes them

wew
>>
>>85636552
This is an actual opinion on /co/, the designated capeshit board.

Holy fuck, fuck right off.

>>85636646
Kek
>>
all these post and no one is comenting on Secret fucking Six may have a series
>>
>>85636779
I'd rather the Suicide Squad sequel be a Secret Six movie, then someone else can direct that shitty Harley movie they have planned.
>>
>>85636552
>It's not as if New Gods would have ANYTHING going for it in terms of brand name
Neither did Suicide Skwad or GOTG
>attached crew/cast
They would need to be announced firsts?
>But no one is going to go see it, so why on earth would they waste time making it?

Again same could be applied to GOTG and SS
>>
If you're really going to make Squad 2..I demand King Shark.
>>
>>85636827
But SS bombed, so WB is definitely going to be shy about it
>>
File: interesting if true.jpg (56KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
interesting if true.jpg
56KB, 500x375px
>>85636030
>>
The only thing that makes me think any of this is true is that Affleck said the only reason he's a producer on JL is because all of the directors will be so they can discuss things that might affect their movie. George Miller is also a producer, maybe he really is going to direct something.
>>
>>85636621
>who fight people called "Granny Goodness" or Baron von Hitler Knockoff.

Well it's supposedly being directed by George Miller and frankly the name "Granny Goodness" would fit right in with the series of movies he's most famous for Mad Max which had names such as...

The Toecutter
Bubba Zeneti
The Night Rider
Johnny the Boy
Lord Humongous
Auntie Entity
Rictis Erectus
Immortan Joe
Just to name a few and that didn't seem to negatively impact those film's popularity
>>
File: 1344550765969.jpg (39KB, 582x597px) Image search: [Google]
1344550765969.jpg
39KB, 582x597px
>>85636834
>>
>>85636912
Fuck I quoted the wrong person. Gonna kill myself now.
>>
>>85636863
>But SS bombed

Wow people still believe this?
>>
>>85636906
But those aren't meant to be serious. They're meant to be ridiculous.
The series is called "Mad" Max, after all .It's mean to be all crazy.

The New Gods stuff is mean to be dead series.
You're supposed to intimidated by a guy called "Dark Side"
>>
>>85636827
>>85636711
GOTG and SS had EYE-CATCHING STORYLINES

They also had elements that could easily work as comedies, to get more support.

Suicide Squad is literally:
>we're finally putting bad guys to work by making them do suicide missions -- also, based on the trailer, it's FUN
GOTG is literally:
>fun FUN space romp with clear comedic timing and "bad boy" aesthetics

How the fuck are you going to do this with New Gods?

Hell, go even further and use Deadpool's success, and it just buries your points even more.

You can't do this out-of-left-field type shit and expect audiences to eat it up unless you make it palatable (almost always via comedy).
>>
>>85636684
The same thread was made on /tv/ early this week.
>>
>>85636941
No super hero movie is ever truly meant to be "serious" as it features people in tights punching each other while sporting silly codenames
>>
>>85636281
He raped the one film too.
>>
>>85636969
>No super hero movie is ever truly meant to be "serious"
Tell that to Zach "Martha" Snyder
>>
>>85636941
>You're supposed to intimidated by a guy called "Dark Side"
You mean the guy they are setting up JL to fight? That has a guy named "Steppenwolf" working for him who is the main villain of said JL movie?

>>85636949
>How the fuck are you going to do this with New Gods?

Easy, they write one.
>>
>>85636386
Tommy Wiseau as Bizarro

There's a shoop somewhere
>>
>George Miller directing New Gods
please
>>
>>85636906
This. I've always felt like Miller would be a fucking perfect fit for the New Gods.

>>85636949
>GOTG and SS had EYE-CATCHING STORYLINES
And New Gods does not? New Gods is basically Star Wars before Star Wars, with more powerful protagonists, a connection to Earth, and superheroes. You really think that's not a good sale? You really think audiences wouldn't go see that if it were done right?
>>
>>85636978
yeah, it didn't get boring halfway through, like the original did!
>>
>>85636684
I mean these "leaks" are no more or less believable than the WW "leak" by a former WB Janitor or some shit
>>
>>85636962
I thought this sounded familiar.

This is just echo chambering now.
>>
>>85637006
>New Gods is basically Star Wars before Star Wars
How do you reckon that?
New Gods is pretty much the opposite of Star Wars.
Instead of regular guys going on an adventure, you have literal magic gods who are inherently special.

Star Wars was a basic telling of a heroic cycle story. Luke was just a nobody who goes onto do great things.
There are no "No body" New Gods. There can't be.
>>
J J Abrams is still better than Zack Snyder.
>>
>>85637002
>Catwoman is Furiosa

Appropriate as i think Charlize would make a perfect Selina Kyle
>>
>>85636654
I'm not sure about that but 3 was a shot in the arm after the blandness of 1 and 2. They just didn't have the energy 3 did.
>>
Titans TV series actually sounds plausible, Teen Titans was made for the CW with all the drama that happened throughout the franchise.

It pains me to say this but I have more faith in the CW than the DCEU at this point.
>>
Do you still have hope for DCEU? I mean, really? After EVERYTHING they've done you still waiting new movies? Just why?
>>
>>85637059
Isn't it basically confirmed that George Lucas took a hell of a lot of inspiration from the Fourth World saga and other Kirby works to create Star Wars?

Also jesus fuck, you're dim. Star Wars takes several story beats from the New Gods.

But that the closest thing to Luke Skywalker isn't a nobody like Luke if anything, gives the New Gods the edge. Otherwise, it'd just look like a poor SW clone.
>>
>>85637076
Then we can all forget about the Aeon Flux movie
>>
File: Jokermobile_07.jpg (289KB, 1045x529px) Image search: [Google]
Jokermobile_07.jpg
289KB, 1045x529px
>>85637002
I don't know Joker is too egotistical to be someone who'd die for a Joe like figure. But Joe is too "together" to be someone like Joker.
Though I guess in the end you can just have Joker be full of shit and using his whole Madman schtick to entrance his cult .
>One of Joker's boy's tries to jump for an enemy he's targeting
>Misses
>Slams his head on their car, goes under the wheels.
>He's a bloody mess. A few Ribs exposed. Both legs bent out of place. arms snapped. Face deeply gashed.
>Joker drives up
>looks at him and lets out an amused exhalation.
>Drives on
>Joker's boy begins grinning like a mother fucker as he spits out blood
>"I made him laugh!"
>>
>>85637145
>Star Wars takes several story beats from the New Gods.
Like what?
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinematic/comments/4y10dh/4chan_leaks_again_take_this_with_a_grain_of_salt/
>4chan leaks again
>>
>>85636906
Its bubba Zucetti faggot
>>
>>85637002
It's too perfect, which means it won't happen.
>>
>>85637139
Well Captain Marvel is Snyder-free and virtually WB-free since it's made by New Line.
>>
>>85637139
Because not everyone is a Marvel Fag?
Because not everyone hates what they've put out thus far?
Because improving their output is not impossible?
Because some people enjoy cape movies no matter what company is putting them out?

Your choice
>>
>>85637174
Darkseid being Orion's father. That revelation happened way before Empire came out.
>>
>>85637174
>Like what?
See >>85636646

There's also the bad guy being essentially an iconic Dark Lord and highly feared leader, light and dark featuring prominently into the mythos' of both, the bad guys having their own personal armies, and so on.
>>
>>85637210
I hope this also means it's Geoff Johns free.
>>
>>85637212
>Because not everyone is a Marvel Fag?

Ah, this mentality.

The "there are ONLY two sides to everything!" mentality.

I wonder what it's like to think that way.
>>
I'm gonna produce a fake leak one of these days and ser how many people I can bait.
>>
File: still winning.png (42KB, 870x497px) Image search: [Google]
still winning.png
42KB, 870x497px
About to overtake Winter Soldier.
>>
>>85637241
Curse of Shazam was fantastic though.
>>
>>85637210
My hope is:

>Shazam knocks it out of the ballpark
>WB FINALLY kinda starts to get it and orders their movies to be more in line with Shazam
>>
>>85636030
Edgar Wright would be a better fit for Shazam, he's great at comedy and the action's always good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljoFzqReKdM
>>
>>85637253
If they hadn't butchered it in the editing room it probably could have beaten BvS. Really, WB lost probably a good half a billion from their two cape movies this year from meddling in the editing room.
>>
>>85637244
To have an actual opinion of your own and self awareness? Feels good, man.
>>
>>85636030
Number of times that any 4chan or leddit leak was right: 0
>>
>>85637212
>enjoying snydervese
Such a bad taste, mate. People who really love DC will never defend this crap
>>
>>85637298
Turns out the plot for Suicide Squad that was leaked here a good month before release was correct.
>>
>>85637251
We should do this.

Maybe something with Marvel. DC leaks are played out.
>>
>>85637284
One can only hope they learned their lesson. Which is why SS doing well is kind of a double edged sword.

Though WB clearly wants the critical acclaim as much as they do money so, maybe they think twice next time.
>>
>>85637310
>People who really love DC will never defend this crap
My nigga

Massive DC fan here, fuck the Snyderverse. It's fucking goddamned terrible and I hate that of all things, the very first live-action DC cinematic universe has gone in the direction that it has.
>>
>>85637323
So was the ASM2 plot and a bunch of BvS and MCU stuff.
>>
>>85637227
Lucas didn't make Vader Luke's father until the second or third draft of Empire though.
>>
>>85637310
There is no "Snyderverse" kiddo. Also i realize that autism wont allow for being able to take the opinions of others not gelling with your own. But you gotta deal with it
>>
>Edgar Wright
>Alfonso Cuaron
After all what happened between Ayer and WB, I really doubt that any more creative director will want to direct any DC/Warner movie.
>>
>>85637329
>Though WB clearly wants the critical acclaim
I really don't think they care. They only invited those bloggers to the JL set to humor them.
>>
>>85637310
I like ''''some'''' things in it but the overall package really is unfortunate
>>
>>85637261
It's okay, but I don't really like his adopted family. Mary and Freddy only, bro.
>>
>>85637235
But that's all generic as shit.
>There is good and evil and also the bad guys have an army
Wow, I can really see Kirby's influence shining through.
Vader's just another general in Star Wars anyways.
He takes orders from Tarkin
He's hardly a Darkseid character.
>>
>>85637310
Ah yes, the no true Scotsman rebuttal. Classic.

I actually buy comics weekly, I like this shit so far. I don't give a single fuck about critic reviews.
>>
>>85637367
Snyderverse = DCEU

>>85637382
But the bloggers ARE critics.

Maybe different people were concerned about JL and different people were concerned about toning SS down?
>>
>>85637329
It's too late, they realized they can sway diehard fans with the "we did it for YOU! Other people just aren't smart enough to get it!" angle.
>>
>>85637412
>But that's all generic as shit.
Oh fuck off. Both were made/conceived in the 70's and it's not that much of a stretch that Lucas might have been at least partially inspired by the Fourth World.

See:

http://kirbymuseum.org/blogs/dynamics/2010/12/18/kirby-lucas-and-campbell/
>>
>>85637524
What I'm saying is that even if Lucas read some Fourth World stuff, it's so generic that it doesn't matter.
Like maybe if Vader had some skis or Luke flew around in gynaecological stirrups, then yeah, it'd be significant.

But it's not.
Which means saying that a Fourth World movie would be successful because Lucas read it before making Star Wars is ridiculous.
>>
>>85636552
The whole "everything needs to be set up and established over several movies!" thing is so fucking retarded.

People aren't so goddamn stupid that they need to personally see the origins and life story of every single character.

Definitely one of the things most holding back cape movies. All the best comics have been set in the pre-existing DC or Marvel universes using characters and settings that already have their own histories, and readers have never been confused because all actually story-relevant details are explained.

Suicide Squad did a good job of making me believe all these villains have a history with Batman, Flash, etc.
>>
>>85636159

>JJ has brought a lot of franchises back.

Turning them into shit for the LCD to lap up like flies on manure.
>>
>>85636030
Dear WB
Just make Doom Patrol before you close the DCEU. Brad Bird or Edgar Wright would be a good directing choice

Thanks
>>
>>85636363

What about the guy who voiced Krunk?
>>
File: snydercurse.jpg (540KB, 2673x1750px) Image search: [Google]
snydercurse.jpg
540KB, 2673x1750px
>>85637329
Curse of Snyder infected the whole DCEU already. Hope is dead. Bury it.
>>
>>85637667
>Doom Patrol
A bunch of super-powered misfits led by someone in a wheelchair?

Yeah, that'll go over well
>>
SECRET FUCKIN SIX!!!
>>
>>85636999

YOURE TEARING ME APAAAAAHT LOIS!!!
>>
All of this sounds too good to be true. No way most of the directors would want to be involved with DCEU. The movies won't be good unless they get rid of the shared universe. Being a standalone is what made Raimi's trilogy great.
>>
>>85637576
>What I'm saying is that even if Lucas read some Fourth World stuff, it's so generic that it doesn't matter.
>Like maybe if Vader had some skis or Luke flew around in gynaecological stirrups, then yeah, it'd be significant.
It doesn't need to be an exact 1:1 replication for it to be suspiciously similar.

>Which means saying that a Fourth World movie would be successful because Lucas read it before making Star Wars is ridiculous.
I'm just saying. Looking at how tremendously popular the Star Wars franchise is, there's no reason why the New Gods shouldn't be either.
>>
>>85637764
>Looking at how tremendously popular the Star Wars franchise is, there's no reason why the New Gods shouldn't be either.
Star Wars got popular not because of a space opera stuff, but because of the regular people in it.
Luke was just an average Joe who went on an adventure.
It's the same reason why Harry Potter, Hunger Games, and a million other YA series are popular.

The similarities to Fourth World didn't make Star Wars what it is.
A very sound formula did.
>>
>>85637212
>"Y-you marvel fag!"

Snyder pls go
>>
>>85637844
The fact that they were well made movies and unique didn't hurt either. Something that plagues the modern blockbuster.
>>
>>85636779
everything else in the post is such bullshit, that the titans show happening and being connected to the DCEU is the most believable part desu
>>
I've got a rumor from good sources on Marvel Phase 4:
Thunderbolts by Denis Villeneuve
Ultimates by Danny Boyle
Namor by James Cameron (Aquaman betrayalton)
Nextwave by David Fincher
>>
>>85637844
Yes, and?

I'm not saying that a New Gods movie would need to be EXACTLY like Star Wars either.

The two franchises deal with similar concepts.

>>85637891
And a New Gods movie couldn't be good?
>>
>>85637970
>And a New Gods movie couldn't be good?
It could, only if George Miller directed it though. I just don't see it happening.
>>
>>85637970
The difference is that SW has tons of brainless ships as fans. New Gods don't. Even if it's good, it will flop, because dceu
>>
>>85637936
DC ON SUICIDE SQUAD
>>
File: 1448054704570.png (680KB, 1139x861px) Image search: [Google]
1448054704570.png
680KB, 1139x861px
>>85636030
>yfw Snyder is in charge of a New Gods movie and just turns it into a bunch of christian imagery
>>
These are such bullshit.
>>
>>85638018
This,
Plebs have been successfully conditioned to hate anything with the DC logo on it, no matter how good it is
>>
>>85638076
Kek
>>
File: 1468813434863.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1468813434863.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>85636363
>Bruce Campbell will play Uncle Marvel
I can die happy now.
>>
File: Franku Cries.png (90KB, 350x192px) Image search: [Google]
Franku Cries.png
90KB, 350x192px
>>85636363
I DON'T EVEN LIKE CAPTAIN MARVEL BUT HE WAS FUCKING PERFECT......maybe he can do over the top oldman magneto someday....
>>
>>85636125
Jew Jew can sell ice to eskimos thanks to the power of nerd/consumer culture. TFA was literally A Renewed Hope.
>>
>>85636218
did you miss the part where everyone loves Ben & is irrefutably the most universally praised thing about that movie?
>>
>>85636161
The Suicide Squad got a movie before him or Wonder Woman. The DCEU is all fucked up because it's just DC trying to ride a bandwagon that's already full.
>>
>>85637253
THIS WASN'T SUPPOSE TO HAPPEN!
>>
>>85638757
cont., without actually thinking about creating a proper universe with a set tone. They haven't planned anything.
>>
>>85636030
>Raimi Shazam
YESSSSSS!
>>
>>85637310
>>85637336

Fuck your shit, I liked having movies that brought together elements of Birthright, All Star Superman, Byrne's Man of Steel, The Dark Knight Return & Denny O'Neil's Batman run into a new story that explore new aspects of the characters.

Seeing Superman redeem Batman (a pop culture icon we've turned into a killer in every adaptation outside of Adam West) and transform him back into the hero we know and love was fantastic.

The central motif of this story that we keep retelling, focusing first in the form of Jesus/John Baptist/Herod, then again as King Arthur/Lacelot/Morrigan, and now finally as Superman/Batman/Luthor, was tapping into that meta textual 5th world stuff that Morrison spear headed out of Kirby's retelling of Shakespeare stories in the form of New Gods.

Seeing Superman actually LEARN a lesson from killing Zod, unlike he did when he did it in the comics, was also incredibly satisfying.
(also fuck you, even Jurgens thinks MoS did Zod's death better: http://comicbook.com/2015/07/06/superman-legend-dan-jurgens-man-of-steel-handled-zods-death-bett/)

Snyder built on the legacy that came before him instead of just distilling stories we've already read in more bland form like so many other superhero movies do.

I've read fucking Action Comics #1, I've read Detective #27, I've read 52, CoIE, Kingdom Come, Whatever Happened To The Man of Tomorrow, For The Man Who Has Everything, Secret Identity, All Star Superman, Dark Knight Returns AND Strikes Again, Blackest Night, and countless other runs and events, I'm even up to date on Astro City (which is THE best super hero comic), and so many fucking comics holy shit.

Don't start wagging your e-peen around here saying "well if you read the comics you wouldnt like this." Bitch, I was raised by a father that has long boxes full of comics, including the entire run of Hard Traveling Heroes.
I am a fucking comic fan, and Snyder's movies, while not flawless, are goddamn great.
>>
>>85636941
>those aren't meant to be serious

I bet you also think Fallout is meant to be 50's memelands.
>>
File: a9dxZGL_460s_v1.jpg (38KB, 396x288px) Image search: [Google]
a9dxZGL_460s_v1.jpg
38KB, 396x288px
>>85638878
You actually had me going until the comparisons between Supes/Bats/Luthor and Arthur/Lancelot/Morgan.
>>
>>85639083
OH come on don't be retarded, its all right there you fucking idiot.

A child is born from a higher power (God/Uther Pendragon/Jor-El) and is adopted by normal humans (Mary & Joseph/Sir Ector/Kents). The child grows and is made known to the world, which mostly rejects this new hero while a few rally to their side.

There is a precursor saint/knight/hero in the form of John Baptist/Lancelot/Batman who the new savior figure has to prove themselves to with the help of outside intervention (the baptism + voice of heavens/fighting Lancelot + Lady of the Lake reviving him/Fighting Batman + Lois coming to defend her husbando).

The holder of power in the current status quo (Herod/Morgana/Luthor) hates the new savior figure, and uses their control of the land/people/country to turn against the savior figure. The savior and the precursor team up to defeat the evil status quo, with the savior ultimately sacrificing himself to make the world a better place, transforming that precursor character into the first disciple of the new savior, who will return in the future.

And there is also a number of visual references to this too you fucked up abortion.
>>
>>85638594
I think you missed the point of my post.
>>
>J.J Abrams direct Man of Steel 2
So it'll be good for the first 3/4's of the movie until he forces in a shitty that ruins everything?

Why does he insist on writing twist's when not a single twist he ever wrote was good?
>>
>>85639949
I'm trying to think of any twists he's actually had in his movies.
Closest I can think of is Commander Ominous is the bad guy in Star Trek.
>>
>>85640007
Lost, the show that practically made him famous, was all about hype and mystery which got more and more idiotic and convoluted as it went along

You forgot Star Trek 2 the twist that the villain was Khan which is stupid considering his films were remakes and that information would mean nothing to audience members just being exposed to the series and to long time fans it'll just be nonsensical.

Then there's 10 Cloverfield Lane, quite possibly the best film he has made yet with the most infuriating twist ending yet.
>>
>>85640150
He didn't direct 10 Cloverfield Lane and he had barely anything to do with Lost beyond the pilot.
>>
>>85639083
no reply now? oh well, you tried big boy
>>
>>85636030
>Top candidates to direct Man of Steel 2
>No Snyder

Ugh. No Blue and Gold?
>>
>>85638594
Batman will return in Justice League. It's going to be mostly his movie, as he's the one assembling them.
>>
>>85636646
"The source doesn't even have a wall!"

-Grant Morrison
>>
>>85640333
>He didn't direct 10 Cloverfield Lane
Wait seriously?
Jesus Christ you're right I just Googled it.

Why the fuck was his name everywhere attached this.
>>
>>85640459
Fuck I meant the force dammit
>>
>>85636416
Actually if it was up to Snyder, we would have gotten Man of Steel 2 before BvS, with the end of Man of Steel 2 having a truck deliver kryptonite to Bruce Wayne. It would have been interesting to see how they would have written it.
>>
>>85636264
>It's you who's out Sivana, out of your mind
>>
>>85640484
Because he was a producer. It's called marketing, and it worked.
>>
>>85639697
I know you're bullshitting, anon, but I have to correct you because somebody might actually believe it!

>comparing Herod, Morgan le Fay and Luthor

Jesus was still a kid when Herod died. The only impact Herod had in his life was forcing him to leave Bethlehem. Meanwhile, Morgan is usually portrayed as trying to usurp power rather than retain the power she has. That's why Mordred exists.

>comparing John the Baptist, Batman and Lancelot
Lancelot partially fits that bill. I'll give you that, Junior. Even then, I can't picture Bruce fucking Lois behind Superman's back.

But there was no conflict between John and Jesus. Hell, before he baptized Jesus, he said something like "Why the hell should I baptize YOU? You're the better man." John already firmly believed Jesus was special.
>>
>>85640498
That was supposed to happen at the end of MoS, but Nolan told him no credits scenes.
>>
>>85636030
>Make TV shows that tie to the movies instead of to our existing TV universe
>Huge A-List movie guy who doesn't do TV anymore plays Deadshot
>Let's make one of Deadshot's most famous books one of these TV shows
>>
>>85638878
Just because you've read a lot of comics doesn't mean your taste isn't fucking awful holy shit
>>
>>85640640
Wow are you retarded? Jesus literally goes to Herod's court before being crucified, Im jewish and even I know that you fucking monkey.

Also is who Herod ordered John The Baptists' head on a silver platter (which Lex makes a direct reference to).

And John just blatantly accepting Jesus is open to interpretation depending on whose book you read. Some have it as him being reluctant at first. In Matthews John The Baptist didn't believe that "the kingdom of heaven is at hand." Until he actually met Jesus himself that is, just like how Batman doesn't believe in Superman till they are able to actually talk.

And just like how an outside source (Pharisees and Sadducees) told John this, Lois had to tell Batman this.
Fuck don't be so dense.
>>
>>85640640
>being this wrong and in denial

like you are literally lying in your post
>>
>>85640640
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_at_Herod%27s_court
>>
>>85638093

The unrelenting stream of shitty DC movies will do that to you
>>
>>85636030

>Black Manta
>Man of Steel 2
>Suicide Squad 2
>New Gods

Fuck, I really want to believe.
>>
>>85641124
>>85641192
>>85641216

Ah, I see, anon. Your problem is that you're getting your Herods mixed up. See, there was one Herod who actively tried to kill Jesus. That's this guy:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herod_the_Great

He died early in Jesus's life. He HATED the young Messiah.

Then you have the Herod who tried Jesus. This guy:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herod_Antipas

And yes, he was tried at this guy's court, but guess what? He had a scientific interest in Jesus more than anything. Hell, he asked him to show one of his miracles, and when Jesus said no, he sent him back to Pontius Pilate. If ANYONE in Jesus's life is comparable to Luthor, it's Pilate, and the Gospels flip-flop on how much he wanted Jesus dead.

There is seriously no comparison between Morgan le Fay, Herod and fucking Lex Luthor! It just doesn't work. Neither Herod's involvement in Jesus's was extensive enough for that.
>>
>>85636125
Superman Flyby would have direct input by Christopher Reeve
>>
File: Sitting.gif (2MB, 369x266px) Image search: [Google]
Sitting.gif
2MB, 369x266px
Can't wait to see how true this is over the next few years.
>>
>>85641636
>And John just blatantly accepting Jesus is open to interpretation depending on whose book you read. Some have it as him being reluctant at first. In Matthews John The Baptist didn't believe that "the kingdom of heaven is at hand."

The Gospel of Mark says that John knew he was nothing but a precursor for the Messiah, and Matthew is the one where he questions why Jesus wawanted to be baptized by a lesser man. It is accepted that John knew who Jesus was.
>>
>>85636030
JJ Abrams would just remake the other Superman movies and act like he made something new.
>>
>>85641707
It's 90% bullshit
>>
>>85636264
That was the only thing on there I looked at and went "I would be hyped out of my mind."
>>
>>85640977
>Secret Six
>famous

Do you actually think WB wouldn't just replace Deadshot with another character?
>>
>>85636030
DCEU as it stands now, no fucking way they are ready to do New Gods. The tone for that one is gonna have to be fucking perfect and they can't get the tone for goddamn easy mode superman right.
>>
>>85641800
And people would love it. This is a smart move by WB if it's true.
>>
>>85641800
>>85642102
It's the best way to do a Superman movie right now

But with more action so people won't whine like with Superman Returns
Also the fact that it wouldn't be in the same cronology as the old movies is a plus
>>
>>85637167
>>85637002
What if we modify the gang appropriately though?

The Jokerz, while lead by Immortan Joker, believe themselves to be his avatar's rather then his servants. As each is an aspect of him, they do their best to look as identical as they can to whatever style their god on earth feels like that day. Each secure in the knowledge even if one of them is struck down, their essence will flow into their brothers and father and return to fight again and again. Only one Jokerz is usually seen with their lesser soldiers (Hench's and a Harley) at one time, with intent to create the impression in others that the Joker seems to survive what should be certain death every time. All of them are raised to love the children of the Bat, but as their greatest enemy and most worthy adversary.
>>
>>85636030
New God is weird but I guess it makes sense since JL Part 1 is Steppenwolf and they want to explore more of the worlds to better set up Darkseid.

But even then these movies aren't set in stone. Stuff could happen. Remember when Sony had like 50 Spidey movies planned?
>>
>>85636030
>J.J. Abrams
hell no. i wont go.
>>
>>85642337
Sony was about to go out of business and had a major email leak that showed their incompetence. They pretty much had to beg Marvel for help. WB - while being publicly shredded with each new movie - ultimately doesn't seem to care what people think and is continuing on like nothing happened.
>>
>>85636030
>George Miller
>New Gods

This is assuming Warner Bros. hires competent people for the DCEU, which has proven to be a lie. I don't care if Warner Bros. has the distribution rights to Mad Max, artistic integrity is too much of a risk at this point.
>>
>>85642552
He's a producer on JL right now.
>>
>>85641636
It does work, stop being so dense. And you know what 5th worlding IS right? Its taking stories and retelling them. Stop looking at it SO literally you idiot, Snyder combined the two Herods. Is that SO hard for you to accept?
>>
>>85641636
so they put the two herods together, big whoop, you're basically saying "stop interpreting the movie how I don't like!"
>>
>>85642102

No surprise there. The American moviegoing public has gotten significantly less intelligent in recent years. Theyll gobble up anything shat in their mouths and beg for more.
>>
>>85636030
BS just like any 4chan "leaks"
>>
>>85638076
Snyder isn't in charge of anything anymore though. It's all Johns now
>>
>>85643295
>>85637177
>>85636276
>>
>>85636330
Raimi's only 56. That's practically middle aged for a director.
>>
>>85641594
Well the Black Manta thing has already been confirmed
>>
>>85638878
You can read all the comics you want, it doesn't make several of the characters in MoS or BvS wildly out of character.

Have fun with your dour, depressed, "grounded" Superman who never looks up, smiles, does crazy shit, or fight insane threats.
>>
>>85644701
They were more in character than anyone in the MCU.
>>
>>85644894
Not really, no.
>>
>>85644948
The only person you could consider out of character was Lex, but that was mostly in his portrayal. Everything he did and said was very much Lex-ish.
>>
>>85645074
And Superman.
And Lois Lane.
And Batman.
And Wonder Woman.
And Jonathon Kent.
>>
>>85645302
Prove it.
>>
>>85645302
None of them did anything out of character.
>>
>plebbit cited /co/ as source
>/co/ cites plebbit as source
the circle of shit
>>
>>85645430
Superman was too heroic. Lois Lane was too useful. Batman had too much justice. Wonder Woman was too strong. Jonathan Kent gave too much good advice.
>>
File: tdb64b.jpg (46KB, 512x427px) Image search: [Google]
tdb64b.jpg
46KB, 512x427px
>>85642990
>>85643240

Still grasping at straws, dude? Just stop. BvS is not a proper Christian allegory.

Batman is not John the Baptist. There was never any conflict between him and Jesus. He accepted his role as Jesus's herald from the beginning. Both Gospels of Matthew and Mark confirm this.

Herod is not fucking Luthor. The first Herod died before Jesus became a prophet. The second one didn't even hate Jesus enough to convict him at that trial. Look up Luke 23:14-15 and Pilate says "I have no problem with Jesus. Neither does Herod. Can I let him go?"

It doesn't work.
>>
>>85645350
>Prove it.

Superman:
>Moped around for two movies, wasn't sure what he wanted to do out of life, killed Zod, didn't even try to connect or communicate with humanity despite always doing so in the comics
>Lois Lane
Was never as smart, tough, or as snarky as she usually is.
>Batman
Fucking kills. And don't give me that OH NO, BATMAN FUCKING KILLS ALL THE FUCKING TIME! bullshit, because no, he really doesn't. Funny how everyone unanimously agreed that Batman's one-rule was that he never killed anyone, yet suddenly after BvS, everyone loves to talk about how, "No, guys, you don't get it! Batman kills ALL the fucking time, with no remorse! Go read a comic book, guys! lol" Such is the power of Snyder delusion, I guess.
>Wonder Woman
Was for whatever reason, "disillusioned" with humanity to the point that she stopped trying to save them despite that never being a thing with any version of WW ever.
>Jonathon Kent
Fucking insinuated that Superman should never help the world with his powers.

>>85645605
This is what Snyderfags actually believe.
>>
>>85646082
Ah fuck, screwed up that post but whatever.
>>
What about Cyborg?
>>
>>85636264
I don't believe we can have nice things, so no hype. But
>Itd be 10/10
it really would.
>>
File: 1418452786099.jpg (55KB, 290x710px) Image search: [Google]
1418452786099.jpg
55KB, 290x710px
>>85645605
I wish I could see whatever movies you saw.
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>85641800
>Abrams directs MoS2
>shamelessly remakes another Superman movie while flaunting it as a totally original story
>critics praise it, 94% on RT
>>
>>85646230
ded
>>
>>85641800
As opposed to going down a checklist of "how do we fix superman" shitposts and pretending like its a fresh new idea.
>>
>>85646530
Oh you haven't seen them yet? Man of Steel and Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice. Snyder really gets the characters.
>>
>>85636030
>both Shazam and Batfleck are scheduled for after Wondy, Aquaman, and Man of Murder 2
RIP DCEU
>>
Why so much hate on New Gods, anons?
>>
>>85636178
I was actually surprised how decent Edge of Tomorrow. It seemed like yet another generic action movie from the trailers but it did what it set out to do better than what I expected.
>>
>>85636264
>Bruce Campbell as the modern Uncle Dudley or the voice of Tawky Tawny
>>
>>85648519
Too afraid of "not muh" I think.
>>
>>85637936
Linklater told me he wanted to direct a Hawkguy movie
>>
>>85636030
Fake. Slipknot is slated to come out February 2018. Everyone knows that.
>>
>>85636030
Abrams would be perfect for Shazam.
>>
>>85644701
>Have fun with your dour, depressed, "grounded" Superman who never looks up, smiles
fuck off with these false generalizations
seriously, the emotion in bvs was appropriate for the events the characters go through, superman only ever looks down twice, once when he's watching tv, and when the building blows up

fucking seriously, the bullshit in the conversation around this movie, not even around whether people like it or not, but how people completely misconstrue characters and events, fuck off
>>
>>85646082
>Fucking insinuated that Superman should never help the world with his powers.
not true, at all.

i'm ready to go all night on this (not really)

at that moment in wasn't telling clark what to do, he was expressing his own discomfort and uncertainty around the situation

and the point of discussion of that moment was never whether or not he should or shouldn't help in general, or whether or not he should act or not at all. they were talking about the local social effects which then turns into jonathan talking about the wide effects for the whole world

again, the point was never whether or not jonathan condoned the action he took with the bus, but that jonathan himself was expressing vulnerability over his situation
for this bullshit that people say about jonathan to be true, that moment would have portrayed jonathan as clearly making a statement while showing him gauging clark's reaction.

and that's also complete bullshit about batman too, the point of saying he always kills is that he's always killed in the movies. the fucking burton movies has him killing without a thought, so far as making a joke of death but somehow this movie is sacrilegious
>>
>>85636386

I've wanted this for years. Cage going full crazy with a "ME AM SOOPER MAHN"
>>
>>85636030

I don't believe a word of this, but I would weep tears of joy for a George Miller New Gods.
>>
>>85637035
>This is just echo chambering now.
>now
>>
>>85637310
>>85637336
i grew up with the tv shows and comics in the 90s

i like bvs more
>>
DC will fail horribly on all of these and DCucks will try and make excuses for it like always.
>>
>>85651163
>DC will fail horribly on all of these and DCucks will try and make excuses for it like always.
I am just amazed that people would defend MoS when it is officially stated that it was only made in a hurry to stop DC getting sued, and that Snyder was the director because he had low enough standards as to rush through production instead of trying to get it right. That in fact, when they started filming MoS the script wasn't really complete.

To then turn around and try to defend Snyder as some visionary artist, is funny in hindsight. He was chosen only because he is NOT artistic, and have low standards.
>>
>>85637749
>Being a standalone is what made Raimi's trilogy great.

Hard to say that when shared universes weren't really an option then.

Hugh Jackman was supposed to cameo in one of the films but they screwed up the scheduling or something
>>
>>85647360
That's what Singer did kinda
>>
>>85636030
They already have a director for Shazam. Leaker should have checked that out before wasting their time creating this big fake leak.
>>
>>85648866
Bruce as Talky Tawny
John Goodman as Dudley
McKellen or Stewart as Shazam
John Cena as Captain Marvel
>>
>>85640652

Not like an end credits scene could've fixed what that assfuck wrote for it, or how badly Snyder directed it.

Nothing could've saved it or Batman v. Superman.
>>
>>85651144

So you just have utterly shit taste. Good to know.
>>
>>85637059
>There are no "No body" New Gods. There can't be.
Mister Miracle kinda but desu everything you've said so far makes me think you don't care about comics anyway.
>>
>>85644701
lol, Superman's first action is to turn himself over to save us man. All he does is save people as they try to demonize him.

How is that dour?
>>
>>85636933
BvS barely made a profit, enough to restructure all of WB.
Ayer said the budget for SS was higher than 250 million, and it's struggling to reach 500 million.
>>
>>85637289
>fat virgin who fights over superhero trash movies
>having a opinion of his own
Fucking lol
>>
File: JL261 vs movie.jpg (279KB, 1410x1000px) Image search: [Google]
JL261 vs movie.jpg
279KB, 1410x1000px
Bravo Snyder.
>>
>>85644894
>better than the MCU
So?
>>
File: justin_varg-3.jpg (1MB, 1594x1027px) Image search: [Google]
justin_varg-3.jpg
1MB, 1594x1027px
>>85636949
>"rag tag bunch of misfits, complete with a raccoon and a talking tree", is a more interesting premise than "pantheon of immortals, in an epic centuries-long conflict, fight for control of the cosmos through the use of godlike power"

How is it possible to possess such shit taste? I can perhaps see the "funny talking animal" appeal of the former if your in elementary school.
>>
>>85651902
Wat
>>
>>85652845
>"pantheon of immortals, in an epic centuries-long conflict, fight for control of the cosmos through the use of godlike power"
The issue is that it is nearly impossible to portray this. There is nothing to ground the conflict in a way that could be comprehended by human minds. It actually hurts the narrative if you can't show what you are trying to portray.
>>
Ehhhhh
based with what DC/WB has given me I'm not really excited for anything.
Maybe Aquaman?
>>
>>85636386
Cage would be a good Capt.Cold
>>
>>85637284
BvS wouldn't have pulled in as much money at 3 hours though.
(even if it got better reviews)

Should never have "okayed" a 3 hour script in the first place though
>>
>>85636030
>>85636030
>No more Snyder.
Welp. It was good while it lasted. I hope the memers like the humorous tone of their funny book movies. Guess I'll go back to watcing reruns of Man of Steel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlINHSnUx9k
>>
>>85636172
could be by tonight anon
>>
File: 1456792004205.png (112KB, 400x374px) Image search: [Google]
1456792004205.png
112KB, 400x374px
>>85654666
You see, Man of Steel was actually pretty okay, the soundtrack was amazing, Cavil does an okay job here, and Zod was really good.

But BvS was a mess, the only thing it had going was Batfleck and Alfred Irons
>>
File: 1446062677642.jpg (157KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1446062677642.jpg
157KB, 500x600px
>>85638770
>>
>>85655028
Man of Steel was not okay. It's a modern masterpiece.
Cavill does not do an okay job. He nails the character perfectly.
>>
File: Rich_Evans_In_Repose.jpg (57KB, 919x720px) Image search: [Google]
Rich_Evans_In_Repose.jpg
57KB, 919x720px
>>85636113
>Reeeeeee you already have DC shows, pick some of those to tie in.

What those shitty ones fill with wooden acting and chessy writing?
>>
>>85636172
>Batman 2019
>Shit that is too long. I could be dead by then

Fuck, this is so true. What year is it now?
>>
>>85657030
Disregard this post, got confused there, I'm high as fuck.
>>
>>85657013
It fits the movies perfectly.
>>
What Amazonian Goddess could play Big Barda?
>>
>>85654347
>There is nothing to ground the conflict in a way that could be comprehended by human minds

Orion and Kalibak's daddy issues.

Barda and Miracle's romance.
>>
>>85636949
>>85652845
If done well, New Gods could genuinely be the first proper superhero art film. More emphasis on themes than narrative.

But Hollywood in general is pretty afraid to try anything that isn't plot focused in a blockbuster, so they won't.
>>
File: 6534866949.png (192KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
6534866949.png
192KB, 500x375px
This is a joke right?

You know SW7 took three years to make and nearly killed JJ right? He's not making SW8 because he literally cannot. He's not jumping back into the tent pole deep end anytime soon.

Then again I just read the rest of the list and I realized you'd have to be a complete fucking idiot to believe any of this especially after three consecutive DC under-performing laughing stocks.
>>
>This foreign born A-list mostly movie actress with the catchy name is on a rampage with her people and the studio about the crap job a director did with her latest movie and wants something done about it so she is not forever associated with what will be a dead franchise. Margot Robbie ("Suicide Squad")

AHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>85658469
wat?
>>
>>85636375
Are you talking about the DC moves or the current DC television shows? Which ones the mess?
>>
>>85658469

she could also be talking about tarzan
>>
>>85636574
Anon confirmed for shit taste
>>
>>85651881
>BvS barely made a profit
under performing is not barely making a profit
>Ayer said the budget for SS was higher than 250 million
Where?
>and it's struggling to reach 500 million.
Its by no means struggling and passed 500 mil tuseday
>>
>>85636030
Hahaha, if true doubt they dare to pull out New Gods. When did they lose faith on Cyborg?
>>
>>85638757
This is funny considering WB has been trying to get a "cinematic universe" off the ground since the 90's with Batman and Superman appearing in each others movies being the plan.
>>
>>85659476
Get outta here with your facts!
>>
File: Joker PG13.png (3MB, 1920x1418px) Image search: [Google]
Joker PG13.png
3MB, 1920x1418px
They're not going to call the Batman movie "Batman". We already had that.
>>85637167
>Nicholson was the peak for cinematic Jokers having themed weapons/vehicles
Thread posts: 275
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.