[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Europe is making its own animation awards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: eaea-claim5.png (64KB, 650x512px) Image search: [Google]
eaea-claim5.png
64KB, 650x512px
about fucking damn time, too
http://animationawards.eu/
http://www.cartoonbrew.com/awards/european-animation-pride-awards-created-peter-lord-named-president-of-association-121691.html
>>
>The awards will essentially serve as a European alternative to ASIFA-Hollywood’s Annie Awards, which does an inadequate job of recognizing the accomplishments of European animation producers.

>Annie Awards
Might as well have said Academy awards.

Still, at least now I have an awards show to care about.
>>
>Europe
>mattering

choose one
>>
>>85633175
Fuck you famalam

Europe's been shafted for a long time in animation recognition, that's what this event's for.

I'm happy it'll give some more visibility to the Euro animation scene
>>
>>85633079
I wonder if co-productions with other countries will be allowed.
If that's the case then The Red Turtle would be a shoo-in.
>>
>>85633175
I don't give a fuck wether it's 'murrikun, europoor or thirdworldistan. I do, however, give a fuck that it's made by people who genuinely care about the animation medium and won't celebrate a movie because "Lol, I didn't have time nor did I care to watch the competitors, I just voted for the Disney one"
>>
Someone was pissed that Ernest and Celestine didn't win.
>>
>>85633411
I can't say if there's a bit of resentment towards the American animation industry but it wouldn't surprise me if there was.

>tfw pissed off that Ernest and Celestine didn't win
>>
>>85633411
That's pretty much how members of the jury outright said they handled the animation award, which is infuriating, regardless of which movie won.
>>
>>85633079
>you can sign up to be a member
Legit wondering if anyone here will try this
>>
The only Euro movies I'm aware of for 2016 are:
>The Red Turtle
>the Dofus movie
>The Girl Without Hands
>My Life as a Cucumber
>the Robinson Crusoe movie
That's about it. At the very least this will let me know what's coming out of Europe for animation
>>
Good
>>
>>85633079
will probably a circle jerk award like the Oscars. what's new.
>>
>>85636087
At least it's going to be a circlejerk that's mostly free of Ameritrash
which is what most animation awards circlejerk about
>>
>>85633079
>European Animation Pride Awards
>European
>Pride
>in the same name
I'm so triggered I'm probably not sleeping tonight.
>>
>>85636441
I know you're posting ironically but I didn't even realize it could trigger SJWs but now I'm enjoying the idea that it might
>>
>>85636508
I propose that people with twitter or tumblr accounts should start posting "Anybody else happy about the new European Pride Awards?"
>>
>>85633175
It'll probably matter much more than the "only movie of the 5 nominees I saw was the Disney/Pixar one my kids wanted to see, I sent emails on my phone during the movie and don't remember much but yeah that's the one that deserves the oscar" Academy Awards for Animation though
>>
>>85636441
>>85636508
I don't get it.
>>
>>85636325
Well but there's some good animation coming out of the USA as well, they have the muscle to produce good-looking films and the biggest problem is that the plots and scripts are shit because the suits (and the audiences) see animation as "kid's stuff", meaning everything has to be simple, funny, silly, black and white morality, etc. But the potential is there and sometimes there's great stuff, so if it's an international award there should be at least some US nominees
>>
>>85636661
>so if it's an international award there should be at least some US nominees
The idea is that it's meant for European countries to show what they've done, though. I don't think it's meant to be just another awards show.
>>
there's several European animation festivals with their own awards it's weird to want "their annie" especially since the annies are a total paid farce.
>>
>>85636613
SJWs/progressives/whatever dislike the idea of any 'white' culture being celebrated, which commonly includes having pride in anything European because of >muh patriarchy >muh colonialism >muh slavery etc.

>>85637890
It's more of an offical pan-Euro thing than any national award show, which is what you mentioned. And a lot of it seems to be because the annies are a paid farce, and large American companies looking at you, Disney are doing the paying. I'm thinking that excluding the American animation industry for the most part will help with the corruption issues.
>>
File: 1462176104039.png (9KB, 221x276px) Image search: [Google]
1462176104039.png
9KB, 221x276px
>>85637998
>SJWs/progressives/whatever dislike the idea of any 'white' culture being celebrated, which commonly includes having pride in anything European because of >muh patriarchy >muh colonialism >muh slavery etc.
>>
>>85633079
I'm too lazy and bitter to try and be offensive and dismissive, just pretend I mentioned something about refugees.
>>
>>85638057
Call it a /pol/ meme if you want, but it's why feminists didn't like Frozen.
And it's what the guy was referring to
>>
>>85638159
>Call it a /pol/ meme if you want, but it's why feminists didn't like Frozen.
No one said anyhting about /pol/, but someone started it out with this whole victimization thing where SJWs come into the discussion when it's not needed to discuss the cartoons at hand. For the quality of this thread, it's best not to go backwards and forth about this shit.
>>
>>85637674
Ah ok, in that case.
Well, anything to boost visibility and possibly lure in more audiences is good, I guess
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.