[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finding Dory

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: FindingDoryPoster[1].jpg (730KB, 800x1185px) Image search: [Google]
FindingDoryPoster[1].jpg
730KB, 800x1185px
Why Sigourney Weaver? Was there a specific reason or did they just pick a random celebrity?
>>
this movie is still in cinemas?
>>
>>85631998
I'm in a dub country, so I had to wait two months for them to finish dubbing so I could see it in English anyway. It premiered this week.
>>
File: abyss.png (372KB, 485x322px) Image search: [Google]
abyss.png
372KB, 485x322px
>>85631948
good calm informing female voice

she is very available and willing for cult movie culture

also she reminds of the main female actress from "The Abyss"
>>
>>85631948
Sigourney was the first celebrity to invent a brand new name to rename herself. That I know of.

That is note-worthy.
>>
>>85633171
>Weaver began using the name "Sigourney Weaver" in 1963 after a minor character (Sigourney Howard) in F. Scott Fitzgerald's novel The Great Gatsby.

That's very interesting, but what does it have to do with fishkino?
>>
So was this actually good?
>>
She was the Axiom's intercom voice in Wall•E, so it's just a Stanton joke.
>>
>>85634777
For a movie whose protagonist is a retarded fish I think they pulled it off pretty well. There were a lot of jokes me and my friend found funny in the theater, we laughed every time Weaver's name was mentioned for some reason.
>>
>>85635028
that's not selling me
>>
>>85635028
>retarded
Short term memory loss. Repeat that 10 times.
>>
>>85634777
It's a fun time. There's nothing bad about it. And the way they get you to care about Dory is clever and simple.
>>
>>85635069
Well, don't see it?
It's a sequel to a decade old Pixar movie. It's not mediocre like Brave and they didn't really fuck anything up, though they really could have. It's not revolutionary, but I enjoyed it and I think most people would. Take that as you will.

>>85635371
That's just a hyponym.
>>
>>85631948
it ties the pixar movies together

she was the computer voice in WALL E
>>
>>85631948
Was there any reason for another movie?
>>
She's popular among sci-fi nerds, who I bet many animators and writers are.

Ask me to pick a female computer voice and the first name that comes to mind is Sigourney Weaver, no joke.
>>
>>85637594
money

I mean, the movie wasn't bad, but it doesn't come close to touching the original and was really just the same movie with a different setting.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.