[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3 Jokers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

File: 3jokers.jpg (106KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
3jokers.jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
So what's up with this three Jokers thing? It seems like Batman would have noticed before.
>>
>>85616680

It' was a Johns idea, so no, batman had no way to notice that
>>
File: 1463010567020.jpg (59KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1463010567020.jpg
59KB, 500x375px
Probably would have noticed if he had made a damn effort to rape that bastard a long time ago. I recommended the Batman get up close and personal with him several months ago, but he never followed up on it.
>>
>>85616734

You can read more here: http://archiveofourown.org/tags/Joker%20(DCU)*s*Bruce%20Wayne/works
>>
File: Mistah_J_and_Harley.jpg (91KB, 535x536px) Image search: [Google]
Mistah_J_and_Harley.jpg
91KB, 535x536px
>>85616680
Maybe that's why he changes his origin story all the time...
Think about it, they're all telling the truth but it only seemed like he was changing it because there's three of them.
>>
>>85616680
King said we will find out more once his cuck story is done
>>
>>85616680
Joker isn't written consistently, he was already 5+ characters BEFORE this happenned
>>
>>85617003
>consistently,
There's no need for that, that's the whole gimmick of the character, you could do anything with the guy and will be IN CHARACTER.
>>
File: image.jpg (115KB, 600x459px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115KB, 600x459px
There's a gang of them actually. One day they'll learn that working together against Batman might be the key to defeating him. That's when Batman's DEAD MEAT!
>>
>>85616680
I hope it isn't that there are literally three different persons who are the Joker. That would somehow ruin it, don't know how but it does.

But like others have said it seems like it's a way to explain his different pasts and personalities.
>>
File: Joker frown 2.jpg (39KB, 389x491px) Image search: [Google]
Joker frown 2.jpg
39KB, 389x491px
>MFW DC made Grant and Snyder's Joker the same because of the "shot in the face" thing
>>
>>85617326
Well they were both shit so best to get them away from the good ones
>>
>>85617258
>>85616680

Either it's due to all the time fuckery related to Darkseid War, or Manhattan thought it would be funny.
>>
Well we don't know yet because the fucking story hasn't come out.
>>
>>85616833
Johns is in charge of the DCEU. The 3 Jokers could apply to it.
>>
Film Theory explains it! >>85616680
>>
>>85617418
>Implying
>>
Why don't they use an interesting, innovative or well written Joker instead of Snyder's?
>>
>>85617326
Naw, I feel like Morrisons is the same as Moore's
>>
>>85617182
>all Joker incarnations get together to take down Batman
>Cesar Romero Joker wants to pop all of the floats in the Gotham Thanksgiving parade, starting with Batman's
>Jack Nicholson Joker wants to steal a gold clown statue from the local art museum and paint smiley faces on all the paintings
>Mark Hamill Joker wants to take over the local TV station and show reruns of 60's Batman until the city gives him one million dollars, Cesar Romero Joker abandons his plan to join in with this.
>Heath Ledger Joker wants to kill Batman's girlfriend of the moment to make some ridiculous point
>Jared Leto Joker never shows up to the meeting, he just mails them all used condoms.
>>
>>85617555
>Hmm, this new universe is too dark
>I'll just multiply that joking guy, he'll lighten things up
>>
>>85618921

Jared has gone too far this time. He's gone off the deep end.
>>
I find amusing some retards give this shit credit by saying "it explains why Joker changed so much!", yeah, moron but does it explain why Batman, Robin and everyone else also changed so much? There's 3 of everyone then, huh.
>>
>>85616680
Comic artists man. People's facial features change all the time. Batman didn't notice the change because they could of been between artist shifts.
>>
I always wanted to see a story which follows the Serious House on Serious Earth idea that Joker has a different personality every day, where it's multiple personalities (each one a different version of the character from all media) and the art style changes for the Joker alone with each persona.
>>
>>85616680
It's a 2 year long plot son.

Check back in 2018
>>
>>85616800
>526 Works in Joker (DCU)/Bruce Wayne
how many of those were written by gordon?
>>
>>85617098

That always seemed really lazy, to me.
>>
>>85618963
>gets his "comedians" mixed up
>in remaking the bat cave he goes to leave some joker paraphernalia so places the comedian's badge in the wall
>oh woops I should've put a giant playing card... why not both?

Explains a lot of contrasting writing ideas for sure.
>>
>>85616680

Wait, there are three of them? Which one was the Red Hood? That's who I'd consider the "real" Joker, or at least Joker Classic.
>>
>>85622454
Pretty sure it's not. Red Hood Joker is the Killing Joke one, so the second one. Original is more of a prankster/bank robber, rather than a twisted psycopath. And third one is just a chtonic immortal bullshit thing.
>>
>>85618974
Jared was tricked
>>
Joker is an agent of chaos, no rules apply, not even creatively.
>>
>>85623526
>Original is more of a prankster/bank robber, rather than a twisted psycopath.
Joker was fairly grim the first time he appeared, anon.
>>
>>85624205
Just for our modern sensitivities.
>>
>>85623526
>Original is more of a prankster/bank robber, rather than a twisted psycopath
False.
Original Joker killed a lot of people by poisoning Gotham's water supply iirc, then died. CCA Approved Wacky Shenanigans Joker is the second.
>>
File: 3069192-3+rebirth.jpg (1MB, 1988x1993px) Image search: [Google]
3069192-3+rebirth.jpg
1MB, 1988x1993px
>>85616680
Have they explained why only when Batman discovers there are 3 Jokers that something happens just now to prove that there are multiple Jokers? Seems awfully convenient.
>>
>>85616680
It's the Greek god Gelos inhabiting 3 differen humans' bodies.
>>
>>85624760
why hasn't WW or some amazon sideshows defeated him?
>>
>>85625311
They can't, WW says in Darkseid War that Gelos was just a presence in the background of horrible events that she could hear laughing at the Amazons and humans misery and death.
>>
>>85624697
>>85625366

Johns needs to be oignored
>>
>>85616680
It's a riddle. And it's obviously a riddle. With a very obvious solution.

There aren't three Jokers. There's one person, who has gone under three significant aliases:

>Joseph Kerr
>Red Hood
>Joker

That's really all there is to it.
>>
>>85625698
If the Gelos = 3 Jokers thing turns out to be true, I expect Rebirth Batman sales to plummet.
>>
>>85618688
Yeah but Morrison's Joker gets shot in the face. When he gets reconstruction his eyes are mix-matched. Then when Joker shows up in the New 52 his eyes are uneven too.
>>
>>85623526
Snyder's Joker was also the Red Hood. Have you read Zero Year or DOTF?
>>85622293
When Wally appears in the cave, we see the pin fly out of the speedforce and embed itself in the wall.
>>
>>85617098
This is bullshit and I hate this argument. Yeah Joker is written differently under different writers, but it's still noticeably the same character. The idea that "literally any interpretation is valid because lol hypersanity" never held any water.
>>
>>85616680
So all those times he 'died', he really died and just got replaced? I always believed he had some kind of secret super power that kept him alive. Or maybe killing people gives them their life so he can die over and over again.
>>
>>85623526
The red Hood origin from tKJ comes from a 50's story.
>>
I immediately thought that it was a play on the Killing Joke tagline where Joker talks about wanting to have multiple choices with his origin. Now because of Darkseid War/Manhattan fuckery, we have all three choices. It seems a bit too meta for the character, but that's what I'm banking on.

Also, Jason is going to murder at least one of the jokers in his run and that's going to set him back on the path away from Bruce again, right?
>>
It's pretty fucking dumb.
Is Oberon Sexton the second joker?
>>
>>85616680
Did Johns drop yet another barely conceived plot? Seriously, we haven't had any updates on this for months.
>>
>>85625872
>>85625872
>>85625872
>>85625872
>>85625872
>>
>>85625698
Worst writer ever
>>
>>85616680

There were two Supermen and no one noticed, don't you think Earth 2, New Earth and Earth Prime Joker could live in the same universe?
>>
>>85626216
>never held any water.
Sure, if you dont like batman comics that's a valid argument.
>>
>>85624697
Wait sorry, I'm a casual Batman fan at best, but that third picture is Death of the Family/Endgame Joker. I was under the impression that at the end of that story arc, both Batman and Joker died?

Also, was "The joker as Dionesium" in his spine ever credible or was it just something made up to deepen the relationship between Bats and Jokes?
>>
>>85629053
Because, as well as multiple Jokers, there are multiple Batmen.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160820-140517~01.jpg (168KB, 674x943px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160820-140517~01.jpg
168KB, 674x943px
>>85629053
>Also, was "The joker as Dionesium" in his spine ever credible or was it just something made up to deepen the relationship between Bats and Jokes?
With this whole 3 Jokers thing, the writers will probably just make it so Endgame Joker is the only one with the Dionesium and a background of being hundreds of years old. The only problem is he mentions "being in disguise and red" which means that he fell into a vat of acid like the other 2. This implies that all 3 Jokers shares that acid vat moment, which is just retarded. This whole multiple Jokers fiasco is turning out to be a mess so far, which is a damn shame since it had so much potential to be something cool.
>>
>>85629274
Please no, the fact that Joker has super powers put me off enough already.

>>85629322
God dammit. I really liked the Court of Owls/Death in the Family arc, it felt pretty definitive, like I'd picked some good books to go alongside the Knightfall trilogy, but Endgame left such a sour taste in my mouth.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.