[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cooke

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: Cooke.jpg (597KB, 949x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Cooke.jpg
597KB, 949x1280px
Cooke is the first time a comic book creators death outright pissed me off. Like such a great idiosyncratic style and skill taken away from us. It's totally fucking selfish but I am outright mad we wont get anymore gorgeous Cooke art.

Cancer fucking sucks.
>>
>>85599357
It does.
>>
>>85599357
His art style was racist and sexist desu

Comics as a medium is better without him.
>>
I just noticed Ollie's middle finger to Lanterns, probably Hal.
>>
>>85599357
>All these classic Silver Age designs
>Modern roller derby Harley right in the middle of the piece stinking up the place
>>
>>85599427
How are John Stewart, all the JSA guys, Catwoman and Batgirl Silver Age designs
>>
>>85599469
The JSA guys are not in costume, Batgirl was in the Silver Age, John Stewart first showed up the very early 70's and his design is identical to Hal's anyway, and Catwoman's is a Cooke design, she gets a pass.
>>
>>85599555
That's not Batgirls silver age outfit though. And Dr fate is in costume making martinis, and Jonah Hex is right there
>>
I miss seth fisher
>>
File: Batgirl_Barbara_Gordon.jpg (173KB, 700x1077px) Image search: [Google]
Batgirl_Barbara_Gordon.jpg
173KB, 700x1077px
>>85599634
Huh, I only now realized Fate and Vigilante were there, but that's how they looked like in the Silver Age too, so it makes no difference, Jonah Hex is from the very early 70's too and a favorite of Cooke's

>That's not Batgirls silver age outfit though
I don't get it.
>>
>>85599411
Fuck off
>>
>>85599725
What is with your weird

Early 70s= Silver Age

thing?
>>
>>85599427
To be fair, Cooke makes modern Harley look good.
...er, "made". Fuck.
>>
>>85599357
I remember when I first read The New Frontier.

It's one of few series' that I loved completely.
>>
>>85599753
It's not a weird thing at all, the silver age is mostly said to have ended circa 1970, characters for 71 and 72 might as well count, there's no exact mark of transition between Silver and Bronze.
>>
>>85599753
Because the silver age ended right at 1972?
>>
>>85599838

That would mean Green Arrow/Green Lantern, Joker's Five Way Revenge, and Ra's A; Ghul would all be Silver Age.
>>
>>85599807
Such a great premise and god tier art marred by shoddy writing.

But seriously its been a primary inspiration for me.
>>
>>85599884
Yes, began there, and helped transition to the Bronze Age. Are you a moron?
>>
>>85599921
That's like calling Crisis on Infinite Earths a Silver Age book because the multiverse began there.
>>
I liked his art but it wore kinda thin. I liked when he did more experimental stuff like Parker. The color superhero stuff all was beginning to look too cutesy and bland. Maybe its just the palette the colorist used, but NF had more punch to it.

Also its probably criminal to say this, but I'm not really a fan of his catwoman costume,with the big pointy goggles and big belt buckle. It just reminds me of granny glasses and the belt seems superfluous.I prefer Tim Sale's selina. The purple costume has a better graphic effect to it.
>>
>>85599978
What are you even talking about
>>
>>85600071
Read his Solo , dude really showed his style had legs
>>
>>85600112
He is saying that those books are in the Silver Age because the Silver age lead to the Bronze Age.

if you are going to think by that logic, EVERY comic could be considred to be i any age because they all feed serially into eachother.

You could call Barry Flash a Golden Age comic by that thinking because it "began there, and helped transition to the Silver Age"
>>
Just read the likes of Alex Toth and Steve Rude. They did it before Cooke and better.
>>
>>85599411
I bet you hate based Frank Cho too
>>
>>85599921
Don't be a retard.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.