[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember how Last airbender kept it's main villain in shadow,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 13Ozai.jpg (37KB, 786x600px) Image search: [Google]
13Ozai.jpg
37KB, 786x600px
Remember how Last airbender kept it's main villain in shadow, hyping him up?

Remember how Legend of Korra showed it's main villain in the first episode?
>>
>>85592410
Well, it would've been pretty hard to keep Korra in the shadows the whole time.
>>
>main villain
>dead by end of first season
Korra had no main villain.
>>
>>85592472
This.
>>
>>85592410
Technically Amon was behind a mask and they tried to build a mystery behind his identity but honestly I stopped caring at some point since nothing said or done by any of the cast mattered enough to make any of them turning out to be Amon all that shocking, and the idea of Aang being Amon was kind of nonsense since two Avatars have never been around at the same time. Even when Aang was indefinitely on ice the Avatar force or whatever just decided not to send a replacement or anything.

The series would have to go through a shit ton of loopholes to explain it. Which it sort of did later on to allow Airbending, useless spirits and what not to return but that didn't exactly help things.
>>
>>85592532
How would you have responded to the Koh theory turning out to be true?
>>
>>85592493
That's a major reason I grew bored with Korra
With Airbender they had a endgame goal: Defeat Fire Nation
With Korra it changed every season
>>
>>85592410
>Remember how Last airbender kept it's main villain in shadow, hyping him up?
You COMPLETELY misunderstood the intent of why it was done in ATLA in order to create some retarded narrative based on superficial (and wrong either way) comparison

Ozai before Book Fire is not a character but a symbol of all bad things in Zuko's life, almost a force of nature. Most of his appearances are from Zuko's flashbacks, and he doesn't even DARE to raise his look even in his own mind to face his FATHER eye to eye -- hence he only sees lower part of his face.

But when Zuko comes back and meets his father, a figure that dominated his life again -- we see that he is.. just a man, vindictive and evil man and not at all Satan figure he built in his own mind.
>>
>>85592410
>Remember how Last airbender kept it's main villain in shadow, hyping him up?
And he showed up in person for like 3 episodes.

They kept him in the shadows, but they barely developed him at all.
>>
>>85592646
That's probably because Korra was only going to be a 12 episode miniseries originally, but then Nick decided they wanted more after that season had already been written out.
>>
>>85592410
Remember how the writers thought the first season of LoK might be the ONLY season, and had to write around that?
>>
>>85592651
Wow, by proving me wrong you showed how last airbender was even more genius than I thought.

That just makes Legend of Korra even shittier in comparison.
>>
>>85592532
Did the show hint at aang being Amon?
>>
>>85592690
When they found out they were getting more seasons they should of set up a villain in season 2 and have the pay off in season 4
>>
>>85592729
>That just makes Legend of Korra even shittier in comparison
Your saliva drooling retardation has absolutely nothing to do actual quality of either shows.

Your intellectual impotence and having no other way to spend however small nervous energy you have DID create your wish to actively find more and more stupid comparisons to facilitate more and more hate for the latter show.
>>
>>85592694
You'd think an IP like Avatar could manage more than just one season.
>>
>>85592690
Bryke always knew that there might have been future seasons but I think Nick originally told then that they didn't need to be connected and could be more of an anthology.
I'm speculating here, but I assume that they had ideas to make Book 2 completely about Avatar Wan but after LoK Book 1 did so well, Nick demanded the series retain Korra, so Bryke stuffed the big 10,000 year, Evil Avatar story into Korra's timeline.
>>
>>85592760
Someone released a really good fake image of a super old aang taking off amon's mask, that's all I remember

>>85592633
god damn it, why didn't this happen
>>
I dunno man, I thought it was pretty clever to have the main villain of the story be the main character.
>>
>>85592905
So yeah Korra sucks
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.