[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MCU Dr. Strange

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 21

File: image.jpg (129KB, 479x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129KB, 479x640px
Anyone else surprisingly hyped? Gotta admit I'm looking forward to some genuine magical mastery and mayhem in the MCU.

Also kind of surprised at the occasional comment online trying to justify Magic by saying it's really alien technology.
>>
*quip*
>>
Not really.

I liked some of the visuals in the teaser but I have no reason not to think it's the same stock MCU formula with a """"""psychedelic"""""" CGI background. Also Mads is just the kind of absolutely based actor that they waste in literally every movie on a one dimensional underdeveloped villain.
>>
>>85588755
It's still going to be a tame movie

They're not going to go full weird with this one since it's the first movie with magic so they need to slowly introduce normies to the concepts.

Maybe in the sequel they can go full crazy.
>>
>>85588755
Hell yeah. It has the potential to be the most unique mcu movie in a while.
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 639x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 639x960px
>>85588915
That seems to their biggest hurdle next to believably introducing true magic instead of that Clarke's Third Law crap.

Niven's Law for the win.

>>85588980
I'm hoping they just jump in they all but showed his origin so there's that kinda out of the way.

>>85588984
That's the mindset I'm trying to maintain.
>>
Quite honestly all I need is trippy visuals for about an hour and a half to consider it a good Dr. Strange adaptation. Anything more is just an added bonus.
>>
>>85588809
read comics faggot
>>
>>85589404
DANCE OFF BRO
>>
>whatcha gonna do, strange? PULL A RABBIT OUT OF YOUR HAT?

seriously?
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 960x541px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 960x541px
>>85589729
What is that a quote? Need some context.

On an unrelated note I'm tempted to draw fem Dr. Strange with a female humanoid Shuma -Gorath after seeing this cosplayer.
>>
>>85589819
>to draw fem Dr. Strange with a female humanoid Shuma -Gorath after seeing this cosplayer.
draw fem strange being raped by a very tenticle shuma gorath whilst playing with her eye of agamotto
>>
I've been hyped since it was announced
I fucking love doctor strange
And desu cumbernickle is a good actor who'll probably do a great job
The trailer was cool as fuck too
Man I'm excited as hell
>>
>>85589903
Can't do rape /co/mrade knew someone who went through that hell. Not judging whatever wets your whistle but I can't do it sorry.
>>
>>85590006
replace raped with sexually and lovingly caressed
>>
>>85588755
I'm hyped but not surprisingly so. I get hyped for most capeflicks.
>>
>>85590006
Draw fem strange being consenually fucked by shuma gorath's many angled tentacles
>>
>>85590054
I'm mostly a yurifag but I could compromise. Fem cute bob cut Dr. Strange being pleasured by tentacles a female humanoid Shuma is growing/conjuring. It'd be a first for me. I'll get to work tomorrow, no promises on anything though.
>>
>>85589429
You talk to fish?
>>
>>85590182
godspeed anon, godspeed.
>>
>>85589429
Not a quip
>>
I'm sad that F4 is still not under the Mouse. Strange needs to have DOOM in his life.
>>
>hate Cumberbatch
>starting to dislike MCU
>trailer's main selling point is bargain bin cinematography
I think this may be the first one of these I don't even bother to watch.
>>
>>85590260
It will never be.
>>
File: bendis.jpg (504KB, 638x1200px) Image search: [Google]
bendis.jpg
504KB, 638x1200px
>>85589404

oh fugg
>>
>>85590420
I don't know what to say.
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 236x348px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 236x348px
>>85590307
Maybe it's a little too soon to judge. I've only seen the first trailer and admittedly have a bias in Strange's favor but I'm liking what I'm seeing and hearing so far.
>>
>>85590420
god this is cringe tier shit
>>
>>85590444
The second trailer was better, even if it had WI-FI PASSWORD WE'RE NOT SAVAGES.
>>
File: captain america audi.jpg (54KB, 637x360px) Image search: [Google]
captain america audi.jpg
54KB, 637x360px
>magic is blue and orange
>>
>>85590776
What's wrong with blue and orange magic?
>>
File: image.jpg (35KB, 499x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 499x750px
>>85590230
Just in case this thread isn't here when I finish(which is likely as I'm slow to draw) I'll probably post in /aco/ and pixiv... and cause it would obviously be nsfw.
>>
>>85590493
That wifi line admittedly got a chuckle out of me.
>>
>>85589404
The master isn't a white women in comics
>>
>>85590420
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnnNNjJWv8U
>>
File: blueorange500_229.jpg (168KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
blueorange500_229.jpg
168KB, 500x500px
>>85590852
Everything is blue and orange in films.
>>
>>85588809
>implying Strange isn't bantmaster supreme in the comics
>>
>>85588755
The most anticipated Marvel movie for me since Antman and GotG. The only things I don't like is changing the characters for "diversity's" sake. Other than that, it has a sense of wonder to it, and should be a refreshing ride.
>>
I'm interested to see how they portray this character as the most powerful being in the MCU.
>>
>>85595348
>I'm interested to see how they portray this character as the most powerful being in the MCU

They're not. They've been setting up a different character for that.
>>
why are people so against one-liners?
>>
>>85595434
because every dialogue has to be so deep and meaningful
>>
>>85588755
Yeah, looks fun. Plus the white people in it triggered SJW landwhales so that's some icing on the cake.
>>
>>85595434
We're not against quips. We're against them being used with every single character, even serious ones. Characters like Tony? Fine. Characters like Strange, Rogers, T'challa? It's stupid.
>>
>>85594697
Maybe in posters. And even so, why should I care?
>>
>>85595544
I don't read comics: the post

T'challa is a stuck up faggot most of the time, but Steve is quite easy-going outside of action, and Strange was always a cheeky cunt, sometimes unknowingly.
>>
>>85595572
Have you seen Rogers in recent years? Dude acts like he's got a stick up his ass. Quips in suit is what we're talking about, not out of it. Strange is cheeky, not quippy. There's a difference faggot.
>>
>>85590006
Conscenticles are the best kinds of tentacles drawfriend.
>>
>>85595544
Oh yeah, all those T'Challa quips really took me out of the movie. Remember when he said "I'll kill him myself"?
>>
File: cap mean stare.png (94KB, 231x294px) Image search: [Google]
cap mean stare.png
94KB, 231x294px
>>85590852
It is not red, white and blue.
>>
>>85595544
The closest thing to a quip by Black Panther in the entire movie was, while fighting Hawkeye, he said "I don't care" when Hawkeye said they hadn't been introduced
>>
I always forget that this movie is coming out.
>>
>>85595540
The Ancient One controversy? Yeah I get wanting more diversity but Tilda looks like she'll ever able to pull it off so far.

>>85595368
Captain Marvel right? Not particularly complaining so long as Dr. Strange is still depicted as a genuine Mage. And I remember reading a few weeks ago they confirmed actual magic instead of that Asguardian ambiguity.
>>
Part of me can't help but feel a little smug with the whole Tesseract being sought after as an energy source/portal generator.

And mages are like;"We can just do that on our own! Wizard son!"

Granted I'm aware the Tesseract is the space stone so it probably doesn't have the limitations magic will doubtlessly posses.
>>
>>85597863
>Captain Marvel right?

Nope. Though you are kinda getting closer, maybe.

> Dr. Strange is still depicted as a genuine Mage

>reading a few weeks ago they confirmed actual magic instead of that Asguardian ambiguity.

Asgard wasn't ambiguous. It was flat out implied that they relied on ridiculously advanced science and technology.

But from what I heard about how Derrickson was describing Strange using 'magic' to me sounded that they were implying a vagueness. He wants it to be magic. But how I remember him talking about it is that like Strange and all them do 'magic', and that Derrickson intends to presented it in a way that they don't want an explanation into how they do 'magic'. To me, that sounds vague. And if that's how they are going to do it, then there's not really anything that says they can't provide explanation (particularly of the scientific kind) in future films so that they don't outright retcon one of the biggest plot points of phase 1.
>>
>>85599005
Most powerful in the MCU is Scarlet Witch, right? The Russos said it in that SJ game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuwK0KFKI30

At 4:42. Though maybe he's saying she's the most powerful so far, Strange or Cap Marvel could still be stronger after all.
>>
File: DoItForWanda.jpg (788KB, 1400x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DoItForWanda.jpg
788KB, 1400x1000px
>>85599119
>Most powerful in the MCU is Scarlet Witch, right?

At the moment, it's probably Thanos. Though among the protag characters, it's Wanda. And the Russos said a while back (I think just before or when Civil War came out) that they're setting her up to be the most powerful character in the MCU.
>>
>>85599005
I figured they're just playing up the Niven's Law angle by looking at arcane forces through a scientific lens, while still acknowledging the spirituality behind it.

Also this was an interesting primer if anyone is interested. No real new info but a fun read.http://mcuexchange.com/what-to-expect-from-the-magic-in-doctor-strange/
>>
>>85588809
>NO FUN ALLOWED
>>
>>85588809
*banes*
>>
>>85599323
>I figured they're just playing up the Niven's Law angle by looking at arcane forces through a scientific lens

Nah. I think they were more going with "hey, he can do this, we're calling it magic and we're not explaining it (especially scientifically) because we want it to be mysterious and mystical' or some garbage like that.

But at the same time, that supposed lack of explanation leaves it potentially open to be explained later on.Part of me suspects that it could be a built in window for potential damage control or something in case they need it since they went out of their way to establish much earlier in the MCU that the supernatural doesn't exist. The whole 'magic is just science we don't understand yet' shtick,
>>
>>85599598
I'd argue that's just with Thor and using the Asguardians for a definitive say on the supernatural might be a mistake. A lot of the the people who think Strange's magic will be explained away as science put the Asguardians on a pedestal while failing to acknowledge that the Asguardians only think they know everything about the universe.
>>
>>85590006
Theyre just role playing anon. Grow up
>>
File: ds03.jpg (322KB, 1200x2138px) Image search: [Google]
ds03.jpg
322KB, 1200x2138px
>>85599742
>A lot of the the people who think Strange's magic will be explained away as science put the Asguardians on a pedestal

I'm one of those people.

>while failing to acknowledge that the Asguardians only think they know everything about the universe.

I... guess you have a point on that one.

But still though. It, too me, would feel like a big cop-out if they just went all 'hey, it's actually sorcery all along. I ain't gotta explain shit anymore'.
>>
>>85599959
I really love this costume. One of the best in the MCU.
>>
>>85599926
I'm sorry did I at any point insult their fetish? I don't think so. I have my reasons for not wanting to draw it and I thought I calmly explained them without knocking what they like.

I'm sorry if you can't see that.
>>
>>85599119
Scarlet Witch's only powers are telekinesis and mind control at the moment. Strange is definitely going to be more powerful, same goes with Thor. Captain Marvel might be tossup depending on how strong her energy powers are. Probably tied with Vision.
>>
>>85599959
I don't think they're going to go the wizard did it route. Magic will probably have its own laws separate but possibly understood from science.

Niven's Law: Any sufficiently studied magic is indistinguishable from science.

More than semantics it's the exact opposite of Clarke's Third Law.
>>
I'm not 'hyped' but I do really hope it'll be good, like a standout MCU film rather than Phase 3 Thor
>>
>>85599986
>One of the best in the MCU.

I don't think so. Though I'll not deny in any way that it's a fantastic costume. But with the exception of maybe Cap's Avengers suit, Marvel's been pretty top-notch with their costume design. So I guess what I mean, in short, is that I disagree but I wholly respect your opinion.
>>
>>85599243
She better not die.
keep my waifu alive pls ;__;
>>
File: l6j3lkj63l.jpg (96KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
l6j3lkj63l.jpg
96KB, 683x1024px
>>85600284
>She better not die.

I don't remember how many films Olsen's contract was for, but I don't think they'll (or would like to believe they won't) kill Wanda off. If the rumors of Lizzie being a big kid at heart are to be believed, it's possible she'd try to negotiate more movies into her contract. Though, admittedly, that is wishful thinking on my part.
>>
>>85588755
I hate the lead and I doubt it'll be the incomprehensible early strange that I like. Glad you're looking forward to it but I can't imagine I'm gonna see it.
>>
>>85600375
Well, they'll want to keep as many familiar faces as they can since Evans and RDJ are leaving.
>>
File: CIVIL_WAR.jpg (2MB, 2155x1414px) Image search: [Google]
CIVIL_WAR.jpg
2MB, 2155x1414px
>>85600677

I don't know about RDJ leaving. His contract has been up for a while and he's still around. Evans has gone on record saying that he'd come back after his contract was up if they wanted him to. It's possible they'll go, but it doesn't necessarily mean their time in the MCU is done with Avengers 4.
>>
>>85600845
Maybe they'll come back in 10-15 years for an Avengers reunion movie. Kinda like how the X-Men cast came back for DoFP.
>>
>>85595270
>diversity
Not once.
Ancient One was changed entirely for Chinese market, nothing else. The race of the rest doesnt matter when you look at how amazing actors they are. These are the best actors Marvel has ever gotten their hands on
>>
File: ca_story3.jpg (193KB, 1242x1173px) Image search: [Google]
ca_story3.jpg
193KB, 1242x1173px
>>85600906
>Maybe they'll come back in 10-15 years for an Avengers reunion movie.

Well, that depends on how they do things in the meantime. While it doesn't mean they'll not use the characters after Avengers 4, it also doesn't guarantee they will. It's a toss-up. It is possible that one or both characters could be killed off.
>>
>>85595540
>Yeah, looks fun. Plus it's whitewashed so it won't burst my baby bubble.
Hopefully you won't watch it. The tantrum you'll throw will be too obnoxious to tolerate.
>>
>>85601015
Even if they get killed, they can always bring them back at some point in the future. Comic books and all.
>>
>>85601048
They can always deage them like antman and CW right? Like...bring them back from the dead deage
>>
>>85601048
>Even if they get killed, they can always bring them back at some point in the future

Like archived surveillance, old newsreels, risque youtube clips?

>>85601117
>They can always deage them like antman and CW right?

Those were flashbacks/holograms though. Literally no one except maybe Pepper and Bucky would have cause for that to make them look younger.

>Like...bring them back from the dead deage

Necromancy isn't a thing in the MCU.
>>
File: 1468008844611.png (121KB, 552x675px) Image search: [Google]
1468008844611.png
121KB, 552x675px
>>85590420
BENDIS!!
>>
>>85601248
>Necromancy isn't a thing in the MCU.
Yet! Necromacy will bring RDJ back from the dead by the singularity, Kurzwell style
>>
>>85601273
Bendis?
>>
>origin story movie

fck thatt
>>
>>85600375
>>85599243
CUTE
>>
>>85588755
I really hope we see alternate oscorp tower in one of the alt realities. Eventually setting up for Spiderverse with the return of Andrew and Tobey.
>>
File: 5k7l4k7nj.jpg (62KB, 470x705px) Image search: [Google]
5k7l4k7nj.jpg
62KB, 470x705px
>>85602540
>CUTE

We know.
>>
>>85602579
>Eventually setting up for Spiderverse with the return of Andrew and Tobey.

Fuck off, Sony exec bitch.
>>
Willing to take the blue pill for this one
>>
Honestly I'm really looking forward to it, but I'm genuinely worries that they'll either stuff it with too much comedy or they'll say that magic is pretty much quantum, which annoys me as someone who likes magic based heroes and someone who actually studdied physics
>>
>>85600375
I now want to be a plush cube.
>>
>>85588755
To be honest I'm on the fence but these "hi-res" stills lean me over to the hype side.
>>
File: image.png (250KB, 1328x2962px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
250KB, 1328x2962px
Daily reminder
>>
>>85604261
Are these leaks ever true?
>>
I'm just hoping the fights in this movie actually include some creative and big scale use of magic, and not just magic lightsabers like the animated film.
>>
>>85605566
Fuck you I loved the animated movie. Strange yelling he was the Sorcerer Supreme at Dormammu's face was animated genius.
>>
>>85604398
Sometimes.
>>
>>85605676

Animated movie blew chunks.
>>
>>85605799
Whoa let's not be contrarian here. It wasn't that bad.
>>
>>85600375
The writers will protect her.
>>
>>85600375
Three, I think, but could have or will be extended.
>>
>>85600114
> At the moment. She seems to be built for magic. The Telekinesis maybe sort of like MS Paint, a basic beginner program.

Pietro's powers cannot have come from the mind gem. Telekinesis is just mental augmentation. An explanation could be that when the mind gem unlocked her powers it gave her tk and tp which also handily conceal her powers.

In the comics her true powers were hidden from Set.

She's only using a tiny portion of her power.

Joe Russo said Wanda's powers are deeper than she or anyone knows, which is probably a reference to their connection to emotion and nature.

Chaos Magic is not known to anyone in the universe except two deities, so no one would know. Her powers are connected to her emotions (which no one except maybe Wanda and perhaps Steve and/or Clint, have realized).

IMHO the red energy is the thing powering her; Chaos Magic. Her motions are more dance-like because her power is emotion driven.

Thanos can easily trounce Thor, Hulk, Cap Marvel, and Vision.

But Chaos Magic is powerful, dangerous shit which Thanos knows nothing about and which can fuck-up/counter the gauntlet.
>>
>>85608561
I don't think most writers actually like the "chaos magic" thing, even the recent Scarlet Witch series has her saying it's a misnomer. The whole chaos magic/Chthon thing was more Kurt Busiek's hobbyhorse. Some writers, like Waid, still prefer the old "probability powers" definition and think everyone else gets it wrong.

Wanda was basically created as Brotherhood Of Evil Mutants Jean Grey so she follows the same pattern as Jean, someone with powers that are not terribly impressive on their own but she has near-infinite "untapped potential."

Probably we'll see her tap into some of that, whatever it is, but they won't have her go Full Byrne or Full Bendis because they don't have enough super-ladies that they can kill off one of them.
>>
>>85591272
>>85590444
>>85589819
>>85589231
At least post good costumes, not some slutted up cleavagy version of Strange
>>
>>85605884

It sure wasn't good.
>>
>>85608835

Busiek's take is better, and the writers who ignore it or retcon it are dumb.
>>
File: image.jpg (101KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101KB, 640x960px
>>85611021
Or you could do that she's a qt.
>>
>>85608835
I don't think she will be Ron Thomas (useless) or Bendis (crazy villain).

TK is merely the easiest power to learn, she would hardly be able to use magic at present given there is no one to teach her.

To maximize the stakes the power she uses has to be hugely difficult and dangerous, to present a tense battle and to challenge the Avengers to trust her. Literally and figuratively running the gauntlet.

She is the odd one out of the MCU females. Carol, Natasha, and Hope are all millitary/tough types who please SJWs whereas Wanda is a shy girl who is not a tough Mary Sue.
>>
>>85611986
When they start making a female character the equivalent of The Sentry then we could probably start calling them Mary Sues until then labeling the MCU girls who like all the other male super heroes are nerfed compared to their comic counterparts "Mary Sues for sjws" might be premature.
>>
>>85611207
I prefer "probability" myself. It makes no sense as a mutant power but most mutant powers don't make sense, and it forces the writer to justify everything she does, no matter how stupid the justification is ("I increased the probability that fire would turn to stone"). Anything's better, in battle, than "it's magic."

The TK powers in the movies are simple enough and work fine since there's no Jean Grey to compete with.
>>
why wouldnt one be hyped for dr strange?

disregarding the constant nay saying here, which has accompanied every movie ever created do you guys ever like anything evety movie marvel has released has been commercially successful and has a well regarded word of mouth, and almost all have been critically successful, IM2 and thor 2 come to mind
>>
>>85613280
If Wanda just uses TK or mind shit, then I hope they focus on Cap as her mentor and don't shoehorn in Strange where he is not needed or wanted.
>>
>>85614406
The idea that Scarlet Witch would cross over with Doctor Strange has been entirely a fan theory. Not that it couldn't happen, but it seems pretty clear that the filmmakers are building up Scarlet Witch and Vision for romance/mind-gem/Thanos.

There used to be a fan theory that Vision would go into space and meet the Guardians in their sequel. I think fans just want to see their favorite characters make cameos but mostly the studio wants Iron Man cameos.
Thread posts: 115
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.