[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does he deserve all the scorn he is getting by the modern comic press?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: Frank Miller.jpg (11KB, 214x317px) Image search: [Google]
Frank Miller.jpg
11KB, 214x317px
Does he deserve all the scorn he is getting by the modern comic press?
>>
>>85577188
Not really, no.
>>
File: frank the tank.jpg (334KB, 920x920px) Image search: [Google]
frank the tank.jpg
334KB, 920x920px
No.
>>
>>85577188
>modern comic press
Does anyone deserve anything generated from clickbaits?
>>
>>85577188
Nah. He deserves at least some criticism, but arguably the modern comic press deserves more scorn than he does.
>>
>>85577209
Klaus Janson really is great isn't he?
But OP was asking about Frank Miller
>>
>>85577230
Honestly Holy Terror does deserve every bit of bad press that it got, its a genuinely terrible comic.
>>
>>85577188
His writing and art have really gone down in quality in the last 15 years and he's said some stupid things. But I can't hate him especially now with his current state.
>>
>>85577188
He peaked in the 80s and has been coasting ever since. It's long since become apparent that he has a now range of influences and interests and is content to go on mining the same vein of noir clichés as long as DC is willing to throw money at him.
>>
>>85577289
It was awesome to me when I was 15.
>>
Miller did nothing wrong.
>>
>>85577277
What non Miller stuff has Jenson done that worth checking out?
>>
>>85577317
The first Sin City books are some damn good Noir.
>>
>>85577289
That is true, but at the same time, the modern comic press has gotten so bad that Miller looks better by comparison. Even Holy Terror on his resume.
>>
>Frank Miller will be lucky if he makes it the next five years.
>>
>>85577277
I don't think Janson is entirely responsible for Miller's good art, even though Miller started going to shit immediately after he stopped working with him. If you look at Ronin, the art is incredible, and Miller did that without Janson.

I think Miller just gradually disappeared up his own ass and allowed his style to become a parody of itself, and working alone without a spotter accelerated that transformation.
>>
Honestly All Star Batman and Robin is so insane that I can't help but have some affection for it.
>>
>>85577188
Yes, I for one I'm glad that ComicsAlliance started to paint him in the wrong side of history like he should've been from the start
>>
>>85578510
It's looking increasingly like he'll go down as being on the right side of history to me.
>>
>>85577289
Shit taste
>>
>>85578510
>the wrong side of history

Fuck you, Hegel.
>>
>>85577188
I think modern comics fans just want mediocre, run of the mill garbage and that's part of why none of them really get what Frank does. Comics guys don't really understand art. It's not like it's sjw's or anything either. It's Batman nerds who are still mad about DKSA and can't handle how Miller draws.
>>
>>85577188
give him a sock if you care so much, faggot
>>
File: 4226-2.jpg (18KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
4226-2.jpg
18KB, 400x250px
>>85577188
>has enjoyed some of Frank Miller's work, even laughed at ASSBAR
>never bothered to look up what Miller looks like, always pictured him as a bearded fat guy
>tfw he looks like an aging rock star, which is comically appropriate
>>
>>85580992
That's not a recent pic. He looks like Freddy Kruger now.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.